PDA

View Full Version : Tippyverse Website or Guide?

Pages : 1 [2]

Yukitsu
2014-01-10, 08:38 PM
You target the air, up to 10 cubic feet per level of it. RAW it works.

"You convert material of one sort into a product that is of the same material."
~fabricate

The socks aren't made of air, unless you're selling your knew clothes.

And if we take your interpretation to heart, it's possible to convert a 9 cubic foot block of gold into a 27 cubic foot block of gold even without a trap. The air into the 27 cubic foot block of gold with. That kind of eliminates the need for any kind of trade network, as that process works with anything, and happens as soon as a town has enough for a level 9 wizard or cleric with the right domain.

Gemini476
2014-01-10, 09:07 PM
"You convert material of one sort into a product that is of the same material."
~fabricate

The socks aren't made of air, unless you're selling your knew clothes.

And if we take your interpretation to heart, it's possible to convert a 9 cubic foot block of gold into a 27 cubic foot block of gold even without a trap. The air into the 27 cubic foot block of gold with. That kind of eliminates the need for any kind of trade network, as that process works with anything, and happens as soon as a town has enough for a level 9 wizard or cleric with the right domain.

A-yup. A better idea might be the standard Craft(Minting) trick to make a 9 cubic foot of gold into three times that in coins. Coins are easier to move than a 14 ton block of solid gold.
One pound of gold is 50gp, right? You're starting with 10,800lbs. - that's an investment of 540,000gp, by the way - and getting 1,620,000gp out of it. That's a 1,080,000gp profit!

You can do the same with a regular Craft(Minting) check, too!

Of course, if you are literally printing/stamping/multiplying money in this way then you devalue the currency to a ridiculous degree even faster than the fancy-suit-making. Then again, that's just what we expected from a Hyper-Communist.
Incidentally, this color is Royal Blue. Huh.

Yukitsu
2014-01-10, 09:30 PM
A-yup. A better idea might be the standard Craft(Minting) trick to make a 9 cubic foot of gold into three times that in coins. Coins are easier to move than a 14 ton block of solid gold.
One pound of gold is 50gp, right? You're starting with 10,800lbs. - that's an investment of 540,000gp, by the way - and getting 1,620,000gp out of it. That's a 1,080,000gp profit!

You can do the same with a regular Craft(Minting) check, too!

Of course, if you are literally printing/stamping/multiplying money in this way then you devalue the currency to a ridiculous degree even faster than the fancy-suit-making. Then again, that's just what we expected from a Hyper-Communist.
Incidentally, this color is Royal Blue. Huh.

You're missing the biggest thing. If it doesn't materially matter that the end result isn't made of the starting material and all it cares about is value, you don't have to care about any of the trap processes, trade or anything else. The spell doesn't care that you've literally suffocated people by turning all their air into gold, those gold pieces are of standard size and weight and represent a GP value. You can fabricate that GP value into any mundane thing you want without worrying about supply and demand because as the RAW, a set number of GP will always have a GP value of itself. You've basically turned gold into a template that can be used to infinitely produce any matter you want for essentially free.

With that ruling, a small city or higher can literally create any resource in fairly arbitrary amounts. They wouldn't at that point, ever need to trade or leave their own city.

Threadnaught
2014-01-10, 09:41 PM
Fabricate when cast doesn't turn nothing into a sock, it turns a third the cost of the item into a sock. A fabricate trap that isn't being fed material is casting the spell on nothing and produces nothing, as eschew materials isn't a metamagic that has a clear RAW way to incorporate into traps. The spell description requires that it be cast on a target, the spell effect is not simply the finished product.

Creating a resetting trap of a Spell costs 50x Caster Level x Spell Level, if it has Material Components it costs an additional amount equal to 100x Material Component cost. A Fabricate Trap to create Noble Outfits costs an equal amount of money to casting Fabricate 1800 900 times.
I have already mentioned this and that if you had to reload the trap with 25gp worth of materials to prepare the Spell, each and every round. There would be no profit. Congratulations, your version of the rules makes me focus on my TC business, charging merchants 1gp per trip.

Which I should point out is transitioning very far from what was generally considered of direct consequence by Tippy. Also, this doesn't explain what any of these supposed employees are actually doing.

I'm sorry, when I mentioned giving customers a friendly face of someone other than the CEO to buy from. I assumed that you were intelligent enough to work out that they're the salesmen. And that when I mentioned people walking in circles for a few hours to earn a full day's wage, you'd understand that they would be activating the traps.
Now either I've made an assumption on your intelligence, in which case I'd apologize for not realizing you're actually stupid, or you're just ignoring inconvenient parts of my posts again so you can argue over any weaknesses that you create via wilful ignorance, so I'll denounce the Tippyverse as impossible.

You're not stupid. Oh boy, Blue is for sarcasm, right? Am I using it right?

My employees are doing menial work for large sums of money which they may decide under their own power, to circulate. Turns out Britain's minimum wage is £6.32, imagine someone earning £63.20 in an hour for stacking shelves. That's what my employees are doing, they're doing their job, spending their cash and letting some people know what they're making in exchange for what they're doing.

That's something I pointed out, the logical conclusion of the techniques that you are attempting to justify are ones that would more rationally lead to a post monetary lifestyle for the wizard. Remember, the point of this exercise is to look at it in an internally consistent manner. Saying a wizard would just not use the tool for more than the 1 thing when it can apply to everything isn't internally consistent.

Okay, Wizards need money for Magical Item Creation and the population makes a great resource too.

Also Wizards are people, not robots. Even Warforged Wizards have free will. I chain Wish for Permanency and Ice Assassins, but pay for TCs and traps myself, because that's how I want to do things. If your Wizard who Wished for everything and wants to create Hyper Communism, finds my Wizard and tells my Wizard what he should want and how he should want to do it. My Wizard is going to kill yours. Within three rounds.

I should point out that the default Tippyverse is a hyper communism welfare state. I don't think that's a realistic outcome, but that is what is described.

Nope, that's wrong. There's a welfare state, but how you can try to claim that a system so obviously Capitalist, is somehow Communist is beyond my comprehension. Yes both systems have similarities, but you're effectively saying that means they're the same thing.

I've claimed that this sort of strange dystopia was a distinct but likely outcome depending on the wizard, but it got mostly handwaved away under the justification that no one would need to if 100% of their needs were being met for free. A bit contrary to what Thread's vision of the Tippyverse is.

My vision of the Tippyverse? Nah, that's just me making a small part of a Tippyverse in a standard setting.
Like maybe I try this in Eberron, suddenly I make the Lightning Rail and Airships obsolete. Eberron is the setting (I have any experience with) which doesn't already have instant travel, that would be the most difficult to convert to instant travel. And it's still as easy to convert as every other setting.