PDA

View Full Version : Makeing WoW run smoothly.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-18, 11:15 PM
I've recently gotten fed up with lag that I THOUGHT was caused by my internet, so I set my video settings as low as possible to test it, and WoW improved immensly. I still have one nagging, persistant, annoying problem.

Occasionally, my game will stutter/freeze, and replay the last second or so of sound exactly three times, and then start working again. Luckily, it's not crippiling, but it IS quite annoying. I have my video setting very low, and I recently tried turning off sound acceleration to see if that was the problem, but it almost seemed worse. This is also a trend I see in a few of my games, so it might just be my hardware, but does anyone know some setting I can uncheck or change to try to banish this skipping?

Beleriphon
2007-01-19, 12:01 AM
This is also a trend I see in a few of my games, so it might just be my hardware, but does anyone know some setting I can uncheck or change to try to banish this skipping?

Not to be mean or anything, but upgrade your system is a good start. The other option is to not go into Ironforge.

Lilivati
2007-01-19, 01:33 AM
It sounds to me very much like a system problem rather than an internet connection or ISP problem, but not knowing anything about your system or what led you to believe it to be an internet problem, it's hard to say for certain.

I do notice skipping on my laptop, which is basically minimum specs for WoW, and it has the settings pretty low.

Vazzaroth
2007-01-19, 11:32 PM
Also, I thought it was internet problem becuse I had dial-up until recently, and its not that dar off from how it used to lag with that, except less often.

Krytha
2007-01-21, 03:16 PM
I too suffer the pains of not having sweet systems to play on. As a result... well, I don't play much these days...