PDA

View Full Version : Idiotic Optimization: Weapons of Ludicrous Size

malonkey1
2013-12-26, 12:46 PM
I was thinking about the insane weapons in games and TV, and I was pondering...

What is the largest weapon a medium creature could be built to wield without penalty, and without actual size increases (but possibly including Powerful Build)?

Drogorn
2013-12-26, 12:51 PM
Some titan-related template lets you wield a gargantuan hammer.

Vhaidara
2013-12-26, 12:57 PM
Then add Monkey Grip onto that template and you have colossal.

Greenish
2013-12-26, 12:58 PM
Some titan-related template lets you wield a gargantuan hammer.Major titan bloodline (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/races/bloodlines.htm#titan).

Uncle Pine
2013-12-26, 01:36 PM
Then add Monkey Grip onto that template and you have colossal.

Note that with titan bloodline + Monkey Grip you can wield Colossal weapons even if you are Diminutive.

Alent
2013-12-26, 01:47 PM
If you want to be silly, isn't there a Spell that lets you enlarge your weapon without normal size penalties, and then on top of that a stone dragon stance that lets you treat your weapon as if it were one additional size larger?

Vhaidara
2013-12-26, 01:48 PM
Note that with titan bloodline + Monkey Grip you can wield Colossal weapons even if you are Diminutive.

I think you would run into the issue of the weapon passing your max load :P

bekeleven
2013-12-26, 02:13 PM
If you want to be silly, isn't there a Spell that lets you enlarge your weapon without normal size penalties, and then on top of that a stone dragon stance that lets you treat your weapon as if it were one additional size larger?

Greater Mighty Wallop, but it explicitly caps at colossal.

And yes, there is that terrible stance, which gets you to Colossal+.

Alent
2013-12-26, 02:21 PM
Greater Mighty Wallop, but it explicitly caps at colossal.

I'm thinking of "Enlarge Weapon", not the Wallop line.

Drachasor
2013-12-26, 02:35 PM
A ring of TK can let you use up to 9 weapons each round as long as you keep the weight under 25lbs each. Or fewer weapons that weigh a bit more.

malonkey1
2013-12-26, 03:44 PM

So, theoretically, I could play a chihuahua with a castle-sized hammer? Sweet.

Uncle Pine
2013-12-26, 03:48 PM
So, theoretically, I could play a chihuahua with a castle-sized hammer? Sweet.

You could, but as Keledrath noted you'd probably need to optimize as hell to get enough Str to actually swing a Colossal weapon as a Diminutive creature. Or just play a tauric Diminutive creature. :smalltongue:

Azoth
2013-12-26, 03:50 PM
That bloodline was the basis for a Jiminy Cricket build I did a ways back. I can't remember the specifics, but it involved beiny either tiny or diminutive and pulling out the gargantuan hammer from a glove of storing to bash people upside the head whenever they were about to make a bad/evil decision.

Deophaun
2013-12-26, 04:02 PM
I'm thinking of "Enlarge Weapon", not the Wallop line.

Yes, and all you need then is the Sizing property on your weapon. So any 3rd level Wizard or 4th level Sorcerer can wield arbitrarily large weapons without penalty.