PDA

View Full Version : Build advice: Arcane Archer and Cragtop Archer to make a Mortar. (3.5 /PF?)

Egopunk
2013-12-26, 01:11 PM
So I've had this idea for a build kicking around in my head for some time. An arcane spellcasting archer who uses Cragtop Archer to fire AOE spells from over a mile away to bombard a battle. No optimal I know but I'm looking to make this as playable as possible.

Core of the build:
Arcane Archer 2 for Imbue Arrow( Possibly more levels if using PF version)
Cragtop Archer 3 for Arcing Shot
+1Spellstoring arrows for situational lvl 1-3 targeted spells usable in volleys (such as battering ram when targets are near a ledge)

Suggestions for rest of build: Shooting star Sword of the arcane order Mystic Ranger with 5th level wizard spells and pumped CL to make up for non casting levels.

Warmage for access to most aoe direct damage spells and warmages edge that hits everyone in an aoe spell.

Sorcerer for wings of flurry madness.

Abjurant champion for rounding out build.

Arcane heirophant if using ranger wild shape.

Swiftwing arrows for reducing range penalties yet more.

Splitting enchantment madness. Splitting bow + imbue arrow =2 spells for price of one? Combined with arrowsplit spell?

So come on guys, I bet you can make something playable from mid to high levels from out of all that?

AlltheBooks
2013-12-26, 01:41 PM
you are going to need a spotter/scrying if you want to go really long range

Red Bear
2013-12-26, 01:46 PM
you are going to need a spotter/scrying if you want to go really long range

this is very important, so maybe have some kind of eagle with something that let you see through its eyes or something else. You can't shoot things you cannot see.

EDIT:

Core of the build:
Arcane Archer 2 for Imbue Arrow
Cragtop Archer 3 for Arcing Shot ( Possibly more levels if using PF version)

There is a pathfinder cragtop archer version?

Vhaidara
2013-12-26, 01:52 PM
He has a spotter: Familiars OP. Just go Raven or bat and have it pump spot listen.

Egopunk
2013-12-26, 01:55 PM
There is a pathfinder cragtop archer version?

Sorry, I mean to put that after arcane archer. Typing on the move.

Prime32
2013-12-26, 03:46 PM
Try glyph of warding (http://www.minmaxboards.com/index.php?topic=10643) or control weather.

Egopunk
2013-12-26, 07:47 PM
So, if you were using a familiar for scry and fry tactics, how would you guys build this?

Snowbluff
2013-12-26, 08:24 PM
So, if you were using a familiar for scry and fry tactics, how would you guys build this?

There was an Iron Chef for this. In addition to those 2 AA and 3 CTA, take Divine Crusader or Ur Priest for 9 level spells. Enter AA using Duskblade or Hexblade.