PDA

View Full Version : Goodbye, So Long Farewell III

Roland St. Jude
2013-12-26, 02:09 PM
Have there been circumstances beyond your control and you must leave our lovely playground? Have you become disenchanted with these boards?

Please say goodbye to everyone from this one central place, that way we can all mourn your leaving from the comfort of a single locale.

This works the same way as the welcome and hello thread, just let us know why, and we'll say goodbye!

Cuthalion
2013-12-26, 08:58 PM
Goodbye old thread, I'm a-leavin' Cheyenne. :smalltongue:

Lateral
2013-12-28, 01:31 AM
So... yeah, I may have mentioned this to any of you in one of my PbPs, but I'm on hiatus for about two months starting January. School stuff, nothing traumatic, don't worry. Hopefully will be back in March, might not be back until April, will probably be back by June. We'll see.

Cuthalion
2013-12-28, 10:35 AM
So... yeah, I may have mentioned this to any of you in one of my PbPs, but I'm on hiatus for about two months starting January. School stuff, nothing traumatic, don't worry. Hopefully will be back in March, might not be back until April, will probably be back by June. We'll see.
I'll miss you...

Temotei
2013-12-30, 01:56 AM
I'll miss you...

Me too. Good luck, man.

Death by DM
2014-01-01, 02:00 PM
I don't have enough time to be on this forum much anymore. If I can, I'll drop by sometimes.

JennyC
2014-02-21, 03:25 PM
Goodbye, I must stop posting here lest papist venetian assassins murder me and my family

TuggyNE
2014-05-19, 05:43 AM
It looks like I've got some inflammation in my finger tendons, so I'm going to try taking a break from most computer things for a while. Not really sure how long. :smallfrown:

CarpeGuitarrem
2014-05-19, 01:39 PM
Well, I think it's time for me to hiatus from most of my boards. My RL bandwidth is collapsing more and more, and I need to focus on getting things under my belt. Fora are a bit of a time sink in that regard: I love the discussions, but I get into too many of them. So it's best for me that I cut myself off.

I'll still be keeping stewardship of the Fallen London thread, and there's a Hearthstone arena run that I need to bring closure to. But otherwise, adieu!

Sunken Valley
2014-05-21, 09:41 AM
I've been gone for a month. I'm back for good.

D20ragon
2014-05-24, 11:00 PM
I'll be gone for quite a while. I know not when I shall return, only that when I do it shall be glorious.
In the meantime, I've got relationships to make and break, homes to leave, and a few precious moments left to spend with my friends before we head our separate ways.
A manly tear and a tip of the hat to you all, and when you roll a 20, think of me.
Farewell, and see you when I find my way back.

Duck999
2014-05-27, 03:58 PM
Someone who I have seen constantly around the forums is leaving. Okay, maybe not constantly.
Farewell, catch you on the flip side.

Durkoala
2014-06-16, 09:32 AM
My normal computer has come down with something I have no idea about. What little information I found makes me think it might have been hacked, and I definitely can't use my antivirus, so I'm going to have to drop off the internet for a few weeks until I get a new computer, then spend a day or so changing all my passwords.

It's a shame, as I have enjoyed my time here, but it won't be permanent. I might be able to use other computers every few days, but I won't be able to quickly respond to things.

Here's hoping this doesn't last too long.:smallsigh:

Killer Angel
2014-08-09, 03:35 AM
Vacation time!
I'll be absent for a dozen of days, so I'll test my level of addiction to the playground.
Please try to don't have too much fun while I'm away... :smalltongue:

Killer Angel
2014-08-21, 03:53 AM
Here I am again, alive and kicking!

I'll test my level of addiction to the playground.

It's not a severe condition, but certainly there is. :smallwink:

Lex-Kat
2014-08-31, 11:26 AM
From Lolthfollower's wife:

Tody, I regret to say that my husband, or, as you know him, lolthfolower, died in a car crash just after we got home from vacation, so he won't be coming back.:smallfrown:

Today, I regret to say that lolthfollower as you knew him died in a car crash just after w got ome from vacation. I am his wife, and I would just like to let you know that he won't be able to play anymore.
Posted in Careless Investigation WW and Seven Adventurers of Chamar OOC, respectively. :smallfrown:

I thought it should be reposted here, so others may know of their loss.

Jaycemonde
2014-09-01, 04:36 AM
I've pretty much outstayed my welcome in the only good support thread I know of on the internet, outstayed by at least a dozen times based on the way people generally respond to anything I say even if it's not negative, and I never really got comfortable with all the other threads on here, so...guess I'm leaving. Dunno how long, but I'm not going to respond to anything for a long time. I've been trying so hard to be optimistic, but I can't keep it up when everything keeps going to **** in my life, and that just keeps creeping in to how I talk on here, so, yeah. I doubt anyone will miss me, since all the people I was on friendly terms with don't seem to post anymore anyway, but I have to put this all out there in case anybody notices I'm not wasting thread space anymore and wonders why.

I guess it's just one less thing to make me miserable, anyway. I already lost the ability to vent or raise concerns a long time ago since it just pisses everybody off in the support thread. Not really that much of a loss, all things considered.
Don't bother responding about how immature and childish I am, depression doesn't give a **** and it's already been done in the past anyway.

Killer Angel
2014-09-01, 06:14 AM
Posted in Careless Investigation WW and Seven Adventurers of Chamar OOC, respectively. :smallfrown:

:smallfrown:
There's really nothing I could say, even if I would.

I've pretty much outstayed my welcome in the only good support thread I know of on the internet, outstayed by at least a dozen times based on the way people generally respond to anything I say even if it's not negative, and I never really got comfortable with all the other threads on here, so...guess I'm leaving. Dunno how long, but I'm not going to respond to anything for a long time. I've been trying so hard to be optimistic, but I can't keep it up when everything keeps going to **** in my life, and that just keeps creeping in to how I talk on here, so, yeah. I doubt anyone will miss me, since all the people I was on friendly terms with don't seem to post anymore anyway, but I have to put this all out there in case anybody notices I'm not wasting thread space anymore and wonders why.

For what it's worth, i give you a sympathetic hug.
Good luck with Life.

Cuthalion
2014-09-07, 11:45 AM
From Lolthfollower's wife:

That's... that's terrible. :smallfrown:

SiuiS
2014-09-07, 11:59 AM

I guess it's just one less thing to make me miserable, anyway. I already lost the ability to vent or raise concerns a long time ago since it just pisses everybody off in the support thread. Not really that much of a loss, all things considered.
Don't bother responding about how immature and childish I am, depression doesn't give a **** and it's already been done in the past anyway.

Your doubts are unfounded, hon. Lemme know when you're back. :smallsmile:

Kalmageddon
2014-09-11, 10:03 AM
This is long overdue: I'm out.
I can't fit in. And I'm suffering too much to be anywhere near constructive, I'd just end up getting banned instead.
At least I'll go with some dignity.

Killer Angel
2014-09-14, 07:59 AM
This is long overdue: I'm out.
I can't fit in. And I'm suffering too much to be anywhere near constructive, I'd just end up getting banned instead.
At least I'll go with some dignity.

I feared that, sooner or later, this would have been your decision.
Goodbye, my fellow countryman. (hugs). :smallfrown:

Lord Raziere
2014-09-14, 08:13 PM
......I'll be honest......I'm over 300 points in infractions......I don't think I'm cut out for this forum.....I've tried.....particularly after......the event that got me to 300 in the first place but......I screwed up again. I'm getting reviewed for banning

I just want to let you all know.....that your good people. before I leave, either way. maybe not perfect, but no one is. that you have something good going here. don't screw it up. like I always do. your some of the smartest, most thoughtful, tolerant people that I've ever met on the net and.....I'm sorry if I've done or said anything to you on here.....I'm sorry if I've only been a jerk to you all, or stubborn or anything....I won't ask for a second chance. I'm just a cynical jerk who has some ideals.....that you probably don't share.

and I guess the point of this post is to give some last words before I go.

Siuis, keep on conversing and debating, you were always better at that than me, and enjoy WoD!

Metahuman, keep enjoying RWBY, ya hear? don't let those other guys drag your enjoyment down ok?

Arkhosia.....keep on roleplaying. your characters they have something that most others don't.....a softness I guess? I don't know. but your good at it. keep doing that.

and all those guys at Housetrapped....sorry.....looks I won't be playing Max Celeritas with you anymore.....heheh.......too bad......he is a great character too.....never got to get an actual lightsaber with him.

Your weird rule-of-cool focused, anime-obsessed artist....
-Lady Raziere.

Mystic Muse
2014-09-14, 08:19 PM
Sorry to see you go, Raziere. I hope things go well, wherever life takes you. :smallsmile:

SiuiS
2014-09-15, 03:30 AM
......I'll be honest......I'm over 300 points in infractions......I don't think I'm cut out for this forum.....I've tried.....particularly after......the event that got me to 300 in the first place but......I screwed up again. I'm getting reviewed for banning

Ah, the small secret fear. Consequences. I am sorry love. I hope things go well, but they will go as they go.

Provide me an email, if you care to? I may not get in touch for months or years, but I do like you. Wherever you go, always remember that being good is only as important as your reason to be good. Remember to carry your compassion with you. :smallsmile: :smallfrown:

Killer Angel
2014-09-15, 06:12 AM

If that will be the case, well, all can I say is that I'm sorry.
Good luck for all the rest.

TheThan
2014-09-18, 05:32 PM
I'm going out of town for about a week.

So I'm not counting on internet access being stable so posting may be somewhat sporadic to non existent. so if i'm, [s]arguing[/i] talking to you in a thread, I'm not ignoring you, I'm probably not online.

edit

and i'm back.

Jaycemonde
2014-10-20, 09:28 PM
Well, the time of month has come around again where all the LGBTAI+ threads are being locked one after another, so I'm gonna put my contact info here (again) in case I suddenly can't log into the forums anymore. It doesn't really matter who was fighting or why, I always get nervous when the threads get locked, and in the event they'd turn out to have to stay closed I probably wouldn't stay around anyway. So.

You can find me on Skype as either Cupcake Goat or 42a-209, my FurAffinity page is www.furaffinity.net/user/vatz and my Steam profile (which I rarely check) is just [LapFox] Cupcake Goat. Probable-farewell, everyone I talk to.

I have panic attacks and I spontaneously say things that sometimes turn out to be bad later, sorry.

Pesimismrocks
2014-11-06, 06:29 PM
I doubt anyone will remember me, but I'm on an indefinite and possibly permenant hiatus. Stuff keeps adding up, and I no longer have the time needed to scroll though the many great threads this forum contains.

Just thought I'd make it official. Best of luck to everyone.

Lex-Kat
2014-11-06, 07:11 PM
Hope everything gets better for you, and you can come back and continue to enjoy this forum. :smallsmile:

Howl
2014-11-07, 01:11 AM
Howdy everyone, I've been gone for a couple of years this time due to dealing with life, and I'm glad to be back. I hope everyone has been well in my absence, and I also hope I haven't missed too many parties. :smallbiggrin:

Howl
2014-11-07, 10:16 PM
I doubt anyone will remember me, but I'm on an indefinite and possibly permenant hiatus. Stuff keeps adding up, and I no longer have the time needed to scroll though the many great threads this forum contains.

Just thought I'd make it official. Best of luck to everyone.

Sorry to see you go, and I can understand life doing it's thing. I hope things improve exponentially, and we see you back on the boards soon!

intier
2014-12-12, 03:12 AM
goodbye, i will miss you

Mrc.
2014-12-19, 10:35 AM
Probably worth putting this here. Things aren't working out in real life, and I'm seriously struggling. I won't bore you with the details (plus board rules) but suffice to say I'm taking a break from this forum for now.

It's a shame, because I really enjoy talking with you guys, but the one thread where I'm in any way active, the RWBY thread, is on a down period itself due to off-season, so I don't really have any place here that I'm really a part of.

I honestly don't know if I'll be back, but suffice to say that short-term at least I'll be absent from here. Try not to have too much fun without me, and if you want to contact me then slip me a PM. If I do check in later I can see it straight away then.

All the best guys,

Mrc. out.

Asta Kask
2014-12-27, 04:01 AM
I'm not fit company for man or beast this time of year. See you in Mars.

Togath
2014-12-28, 04:43 PM
I'll likely be unavailable for a few days, due to a lack of internet connections(I may be able to connect from the wifi at the local library from time to time. Maybe).

Killer Angel
2014-12-29, 10:51 AM
I'm not fit company for man or beast this time of year. See you in Mars.

Ouch.
Well, see you later, then!

Togath
2014-12-31, 02:42 AM
Managed to get a stable connection again, so I'm back sooner than expected ^_^

Lord Raziere
2015-01-06, 01:14 AM
HELLO PLAYGROUND! I'M BACK!

Sooner than I expected of course. For personal reasons of my own. If you try to pry into it, the most I'll go into it is that I had to make a hard decision for a friend and I have to start moving on because of it. That is all.

In other news, I have decided to go back to my roots and watch pokemon again! anyone want me to post up what I think of a bunch of old Kanto episodes? its not a hatefest, I promise, I like pokemon after all!

Togath
2015-01-07, 09:01 PM
I may be unable to get stable internet for a while, just as a warning.
At best, it'll take a day... But it may very well take until next month.

Togath
2015-01-30, 12:22 PM
Internet is finally back! ^w^

Sir Grave
2015-02-27, 02:16 PM
I have things to sort out in my life... with my family... and I don't know how long I'll be. I hope to return. Ever since I posted my first comment on this site nearly eight months ago, I've had nothing but good times. I've made so many friends.

Goodbye... hopefully only for a little while.

rredmond
2015-02-27, 03:56 PM
I have things to sort out in my life... with my family... and I don't know how long I'll be. I hope to return. Ever since I posted my first comment on this site nearly eight months ago, I've had nothing but good times. I've made so many friends.

Goodbye... hopefully only for a little while.

All the best, I hope everything goes well!
--Ron--

Verte
2015-03-25, 01:48 PM
Hey, I don't know if I made an impression on anybody here (or if so if it was a positive impression) but I'm back after a few months of being away.

Morcleon
2015-04-21, 07:40 AM
After a rather long (at least six months, I believe) hiatus from actively being on these forums, I believe my circumstances have settled down sufficiently to announce my triumphant return to these wonderful boards. :smallbiggrin:

rredmond
2015-04-21, 10:22 AM
Welcome back! Both of you!
--ron--

Jaycemonde
2015-04-29, 06:09 PM
Welp. I'm out. This place just isn't bearable anymore. Maybe I'll be back later. Who knows.

Killer Angel
2015-05-05, 06:31 AM
Welp. I'm out. This place just isn't bearable anymore. Maybe I'll be back later. Who knows.

I missed this goodbye. I'm sorry, good luck for everything you may need it.

Bhu
2015-05-23, 05:27 PM
I don't know how to soften this so I'm gonna just say it: I may disappear soon. I was diagnosed via MRI with a partially empty sella and a papilledema, both on the left side. I have glaucoma, so the papilledema may be a false positive. If it's not, having those two conditions in tandem means i most likely have idiopathic intracranial pressure, meaning I'm leaking excess spinal fluid into my skull. Which may require a spinal tap to fix. I should stress there is still a high likelihood of this being a false positive, but come Tuesday when everything opens up, I have a lot of calls to make.

Lex-Kat
2015-05-25, 12:10 AM
I hope that it will turn out to be a false-positive. I will send positive thoughts your way.

Serpentine
2015-05-25, 06:04 AM
Well ****, Bhu :smallfrown:

Killer Angel
2015-05-25, 06:22 AM
Ouch. :smallfrown:

I don't know what to say... best wishes.

rredmond
2015-05-25, 04:37 PM
Best wishes and strength headed your way!
Please let us know how it goes.
--Ron--

Bhu
2015-05-27, 08:00 PM
i do not has papilledema, therefore I will not be going blind (at least not yet). I do, however, still have an empty sella, so I will need to find out why (most likely pituitary gland testing). I also need to undergo two biopsies.

rredmond
2015-05-28, 04:40 AM
Good they are ruling stuff out. Continued good luck to you Bhu and I hope all the health issues work out well, soon.
--Ron--

YossarianLives
2015-06-04, 11:24 PM
Due to an extremely busy schedule and various other matters I won't be on at least until after December, possibly longer. Happy forum-going!

Killer Angel
2015-08-08, 04:49 AM
not exactly a goodbye, but I'm going on vacation, so for the next 2 weeks my presence will be... discontinuous, at best. :smallwink:

SirKazum
2015-08-17, 09:13 PM
I've been neglecting my writing too much lately, and spending pretty much all of my free time on social media and forums, against best judgment. Therefore, I'm cutting back on all that to give myself time to write, study and follow through such projects. I might stay subscribed to a thread or two here, but for the most part I should vanish from this forum for the immediately foreseeable future. Hope to get back here soon though, when I get a good writing rhythm going :smallsmile: Meanwhile, check out the stuff I'll be working on through the links on my sig! :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2015-09-14, 06:03 AM
I've been neglecting my writing too much lately, and spending pretty much all of my free time on social media and forums, against best judgment. Therefore, I'm cutting back on all that to give myself time to write, study and follow through such projects. I might stay subscribed to a thread or two here, but for the most part I should vanish from this forum for the immediately foreseeable future. Hope to get back here soon though, when I get a good writing rhythm going :smallsmile: Meanwhile, check out the stuff I'll be working on through the links on my sig! :smallbiggrin:

Glad to see you again in the Welcome thread. :smallwink:

SirKazum
2015-09-14, 08:17 AM
Glad to see you again in the Welcome thread. :smallwink:

Well I didn't exactly leave leave, I'm just cutting back a lot on my forum usage :smallwink: So I'm restricting myself to a half-dozen or so threads I'm subscribed to. The Welcome thread is one of them, as I like its cheerful mood. But thanks for noticing! :smallsmile:

Togath
2016-01-17, 12:03 PM
Linking to a related thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?475210-Saying-goodbye-to-a-Friend-and-asking-for-a-Prayer-for-him), so it doesn't get lost(regarding Dusk Eclipse)

Togath
2016-02-23, 12:18 AM
I may vanish for awhile.
Having some emotional/mental issues lately that are causing me trouble.:smallfrown:

Killer Angel
2016-02-23, 07:06 AM
I may vanish for awhile.
Having some emotional/mental issues lately that are causing me trouble.:smallfrown:

Hope you will be allright. We'll keep a seat for you around here. :smallsmile:

Killer Angel
2016-03-13, 09:50 AM
This isn't exactly a farewell, but yeah, the life's pace is requiring my attention.
I'm not going to leave the playground and most of all I'm not going to stop reading OotS... but certainly my presence here (as poster) will be less frequent, or (more precisely) less constant. :smallfrown:

In the end, it's more a "see you around". :smallsmile:

DataNinja
2016-03-13, 09:00 PM
This isn't exactly a farewell, but yeah, the life's pace is requiring my attention.
I'm not going to leave the playground and most of all I'm not going to stop reading OotS... but certainly my presence here (as poster) will be less frequent, or (more precisely) less constant. :smallfrown:

In the end, it's more a "see you around". :smallsmile:

See you around, fellow greeter-of new-and-returning-users. Wish you well. :smallsmile:

hawaguu
2016-03-14, 01:28 PM
good bye and good luck :D

JennifeBroflo
2016-04-05, 09:23 AM
Have there been circumstances beyond your control and you must leave our lovely playground? Have you become disenchanted with these boards?

Please say goodbye to everyone from this one central place, that way we can all mourn your leaving from the comfort of a single locale.

This works the same way as the welcome and hello thread, just let us know why, and we'll say goodbye!

Good luck! I will be sad(

MagmaCam
2016-07-05, 06:35 PM
cya take care!

Sam113097
2016-07-10, 02:43 AM
I leave this week on a 2-year assignment as a missionary in another country. I won't have Internet access on my mission, so this is my goodbye for now.

I've enjoyed being a part of this excellent forum and its amazing community over the past few years. It has been a great place to discuss ideas, and find others who share my interests. I can't wait to binge-read a ton of new Order of the Stick pages when I get back.

Thanks for everything,
Sam113097

Togath
2016-07-14, 09:14 PM
I leave this week on a 2-year assignment as a missionary in another country. I won't have Internet access on my mission, so this is my goodbye for now.

I've enjoyed being a part of this excellent forum and its amazing community over the past few years. It has been a great place to discuss ideas, and find others who share my interests. I can't wait to binge-read a ton of new Order of the Stick pages when I get back.

Thanks for everything,
Sam113097

2 years!?
I mean, come on man, little villages in Africa have some contact with the outside, where the heck are you going!?:smalleek:

soap94
2016-07-18, 02:46 PM
goodbye, but still can't figure out why are you doing it

The Fury
2016-09-19, 12:21 AM
I'm really not sure if folks here would be sad to see me go or not. Maybe they'd just be thankful that I'm no longer polluting the threads with my presence, or more likely not really care much one way or the other.

The short of it is that I think I need a break from online communities in general. My grandfather's had a heart attack and his heart's just not strong enough for surgery. We're not sure how long he's got and we're all sort of taking time to say our goodbyes.

I'll probably be back eventually though. As soon as I'm capable of being sociable again.

rredmond
2016-09-19, 04:38 AM
Be well The Fury.
I wish your grandfather and your family strength.
--Ron--

dehro
2016-11-04, 01:54 PM
Charlie
somewhat dimwitted, but faithful and kind.
Never complained about anything, until the end
25-04-2001/04-11-2016
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img923/5652/qn3agJ.jpg

Togath
2016-11-18, 12:45 PM
I may be gone for a while, depending on how my life goes.
Due to some questionably legal fees the apartment put on the rent, I may be homeless in a few days.

edit: Turns out any fees would've been the apartments scamming us according to lawyers we've talked to. We need to be out by Monday.

Black Socks
2016-12-29, 11:54 AM
RL has rolled a natural 20 on it's Strength check to drag me away from the forums.

This is a great place, and my sincerest apologies to everyone who my departure inconveniences.

Spare me a thought when you make a terrible pun, and I shall be sufficiently remembered.

The experienced carpenter really nailed it, but the new guy screwed everything up.

dascarletm
2016-12-29, 09:01 PM
My wife has fallen ill recently, and she's going to be in the hospital for quite some time. Needless to say, I'm going to be taking a leave for a while. I'm not sure when I'll be back, but for now I am just going to be at her side, helping her.

Sorry to everyone that I am playing with, please continue on without me, and I hope the game continues on with lots of fun for everyone.

5a Violista
2017-02-07, 03:21 PM
2 years!?
I mean, come on man, little villages in Africa have some contact with the outside, where the heck are you going!?:smalleek:

I know this is 5 or so months after you asked this question, but I believe I can answer for Sam113097...sort-of.

With Wikipedia as a source: it appears Sam is a LDS Missionary (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missionary_(LDS_Church)), which is typically 18 months to 2 years, frequently in foreign countries, (see Wikipedia article) who voluntarily "engage variously in proselytizing, church service, humanitarian aid, and community service" and are generally "not permitted to [...] use the Internet (except to use email, and social media for their work)[1] (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Missionary_(LDS_Church)#Media_rules).

So...well, that doesn't answer where, but I believe it answers your question.

Togath
2017-05-24, 09:47 PM
Thanks to a nasty infection(either ear, tooth, or jaw... hopefully not the last one) I may be gone a while/pop in infrequently. I'm on antibiotics now and while it's helping I'm also... exhausted beyond belief, and still having some pain issues. Once this clears up, I'll hopefully have enough energy.... but in the meantime I'm spending a lot of time resting(at least my dog is cuddly:smallsmile:).

Trekkin
2017-07-02, 01:57 AM
I'm out. When people on these boards could start suggesting transfolk deserve to be killed and have people agree with them (or odiously try to find a "reasonable compromise"), I don't know, but a notice to that effect would have been appreciated.

Jormengand
2017-07-02, 04:42 PM
I'm out. When people on these boards could start suggesting transfolk deserve to be killed and have people agree with them (or odiously try to find a "reasonable compromise"), I don't know, but a notice to that effect would have been appreciated.

Sad to see you go. We could have used some more people who weren't actively trying to kill us.

Trekkin
2017-07-03, 09:33 AM
Sad to see you go. We could have used some more people who weren't actively trying to kill us.

That was rather vociferously pointed out to me recently, and at some length. So I guess I'm around till this whole thing finally falls apart after all.

137beth
2017-07-03, 09:56 PM

I'll miss ya. You started my favorite thread of all time, and I always appreciate reading your comments. And I'm glad you are maybe staying a bit longer at least. But, if you decide you do want to leave, I don't think you are obligated to stay here just for our sake.

Drakeburn
2017-08-02, 07:14 PM
I really need to focus on school, so I'm gonna have to be gone for a while. But I'll still pop in from time to time.

Avianmosquito
2017-08-14, 04:23 PM
I am sick of this site's openly biased policies, where threads openly pushing real-world political positions are abundant in "Friendly Banter", discussion of real-world religion is abundant in the response threads to the OoTS comics, and yet people are given infractions for doing far, FAR less than that based on what I can only conclude is either moderator bias or disproportionate flagging. Either way, it has the same effect.

I'm taking a break from the forums, at the very least.

Winter_Wolf
2017-08-18, 04:13 PM
I can't do this anymore. Every bloody thread I open lately gets political but somehow it passes under the radar without any discernible reaction from mods. Definitely time for a break from the playground.

Celticbear
2017-08-28, 08:41 PM
Right, so the hurricane I'm in is getting kind of worse. I'm going to take a break from giantitp for about two days, maybe more. I will be back though!

Esthershen
2017-09-02, 01:13 PM
well ...goodbye, but still ...um never mind

Elanasaurus
2017-09-11, 08:00 AM
I only started reading OOtS about 3 months ago, but I'm leaving for a really long holiday, and won't be able to log on. Until next time everyone :smile:

Celticbear
2017-10-29, 08:14 PM
I think I got to all the places I'm in right now, but in case I didn't here's the long and short of it. I recently had a very personal loss, and I don't think I can post until I'm over it. I don't know how long that will be. It could be a few days or weeks, I don't know.

Avianmosquito
2017-11-26, 05:10 PM
TL;DR: I'm leaving for good because my life's just been massively ****ed over by an illness that put me in crushing medical debt, I need to spare my health and this community is the ****ing worst. I'll spare you the full rant.

Blue Ghost
2017-12-09, 01:55 PM
I haven't been an active member of the community here for a long time, but in case anyone remembers or would like to know, I'd like to announce my permanent departure from the forums. (The decision was made several months back, but I neglected to mention it until now.)

The forum just no longer holds any appeal for me going forward. I've made some good memories and great friends here, but with the state of the forum right now, chances of that continuing to happen are low, so I no longer see any purpose to being here.

So long, and good luck everyone!

Baby Gary
2018-02-12, 09:24 AM
I wish I wasn't posting in this thread...

Anyway life is being life, in other words really busy and annoying. I have to take a break from this and maybe D&D as a whole for a while. However I will probably be back, eventually.

At least I had fun while I was here, see ya and have a good day (or night, morning, evening, or whenever)

Lex-Kat
2018-02-12, 11:55 PM
Sorry to see you go. I enjoyed the times we played together. I know when I go back and read the older threads, I will smile when I read something of yours, and remember you fondly.

Thank you for the memories, and I hope that life treats you well. :smallsmile:

Worlok
2018-03-12, 06:27 AM
So I don't think it really still concerns anyone here but being that I haven't typed a thing on the playground in over a year I presume it's safe to say that I will not be coming back. Things have changed a lot for me and I associate this place with some fond memories, but when I look back on it all now (and I won't lie, I may just keep the account around to read old games from time to time) I mostly get mad at myself for the person that continues to reflect in them. To those with whom I shared my time here and to all else whom it may concern, goodbye and good luck in life always.

Also, to you people from the woob hangout (You know who you are): I am sorry for what I put you through. It's been real.

Lateral
2018-03-16, 02:24 PM
I haven't been an active member of the community here for a long time, but in case anyone remembers or would like to know, I'd like to announce my permanent departure from the forums. (The decision was made several months back, but I neglected to mention it until now.)

The forum just no longer holds any appeal for me going forward. I've made some good memories and great friends here, but with the state of the forum right now, chances of that continuing to happen are low, so I no longer see any purpose to being here.

Gonna miss you, Blue.

Celticbear
2018-04-26, 05:21 AM
I'm not leaving permanently, just for a little while. I just found out my grandfather just died, and I'm taking a few weeks off from everything right now, no exceptions. Ill be back before you know it.

Lex-Kat
2018-06-28, 11:32 PM
It has been a long time coming, but Lexi, the loyal Henchpixie of the Playground is leaving. Maybe permanently, maybe she will return. She is not sure of the future. But for now, she just doesn't seem the have the same energy or joy she used to have for being a part of this wonderful forum.

And it is a wonderful place. She has had many fond, loving memories here. She has met great friends, has moved outside of her comfort zone, and enjoyed life more because of the Playground forums, and the people within.

But a lot of the people she knows and loves are either gone, or they don't frequent the same threads as her anymore. :smallfrown: And this makes Lexi a sad pixie.

So goodbye, Playground. May those who come here still, find the same joy and happiness that she has had. And long live GLoG (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88624). :smallbiggrin:

The_Iron_Lord
2018-06-29, 01:18 AM
It has been a long time coming, but Lexi, the loyal Henchpixie of the Playground is leaving. Maybe permanently, maybe she will return. She is not sure of the future. But for now, she just doesn't seem the have the same energy or joy she used to have for being a part of this wonderful forum.

And it is a wonderful place. She has had many fond, loving memories here. She has met great friends, has moved outside of her comfort zone, and enjoyed life more because of the Playground forums, and the people within.

But a lot of the people she knows and loves are either gone, or they don't frequent the same threads as her anymore. :smallfrown: And this makes Lexi a sad pixie.

So goodbye, Playground. May those who come here still, find the same joy and happiness that she has had. And long live GLoG (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=88624). :smallbiggrin:

You will be missed... Fare thee well. I hope you find happiness elsewhere.

Tvtyrant
2018-07-09, 02:24 PM
I'm on break for the forseeable future. Bye everybody!

8BitNinja
2018-07-09, 09:57 PM
Hello, my friends on this site.

I have had a lot of fun with the many discussions I have had with all of you on this site, but I will no longer be using it. The discussions, rants, arguments, jokes, memes, and roleplays we're all fun. However, due to my increasingly busy life and decreasing interest in it, I will no longer be posting. If you still want to talk to me, I will be checking my PMs for one more week. I can exchange contact info for social media or other forms of communication to talk. Goodbye everyone, stay safe out there.

(Probably) Your Favorite Paladin,
8BitNinja

Bartmanhomer
2018-07-09, 10:01 PM

I have had a lot of fun with the many discussions I have had with all of you on this site, but I will no longer be using it. The discussions, rants, arguments, jokes, memes, and roleplays we're all fun. However, due to my increasingly busy life and decreasing interest in it, I will no longer be posting. If you still want to talk to me, I will be checking my PMs for one more week. I can exchange contact info for social media or other forms of communication to talk. Goodbye everyone, stay safe out there.

8BitNinja

What?! No! Don't go! We need you! I need you! You're the coolest paladin that I have fun discussing threads with (including Confession threads.) :frown:

2D8HP
2018-07-09, 10:35 PM
...8BitNinja

Best wishes 8BitNinja, I wish you a blessed, happy, and long life.

Some Android
2018-07-10, 01:05 AM

8BitNinja

NO!:smallfrown:

Can I contact you?

rakkoon
2018-08-02, 06:40 AM
Bye Lex-kat, be happy!

The_Iron_Lord
2018-10-06, 03:24 PM

8BitNinja

Damn...

I'm really sorry to see you go...
I hope one day you return, and until then be happy in everything you do!

Goodbye, I must stop posting here lest papist Venetian assassins murder me and my family

Uh...Dang, that sucks. I hope everything works out.
Good luck!

The_Iron_Lord
2018-10-30, 07:27 AM
I enjoy the subject you are talking about. It very interesting! Thanks for sharing!

That answers my question. Thank you for the explanation.

:smallconfused:
What? I'm confused as to what exactly you're talking about...

Resileaf
2018-10-30, 10:20 AM
:smallconfused:
What? I'm confused as to what exactly you're talking about...

It's a spambot. It's been replying to random threads with stuff that might look legit, but is just random sentences that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.
I assume that it was to build up its post count to be able to link stuff.

The_Iron_Lord
2018-10-30, 10:53 AM
It's a spambot. It's been replying to random threads with stuff that might look legit, but is just random sentences that have nothing to do with the subject at hand.
I assume that it was to build up its post count to be able to link stuff.

Ah, that makes sense
Thanks! :smallbiggrin:

HobsonsChoice
2019-01-11, 12:54 AM
Hello folks,

Didn't end up using the Playground as much as I thought. Saying goodbye! Please remove my profile.

Cheers,

Jason

dehro
2019-01-27, 12:04 PM
We had to put our cat asleep today. She was with us for two years after we rescued her from seeking refuge in our garden in full hypothermia.
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50412320_10157194240878442_1101799140242751488_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=7b8e1ac08903f83c81fb708a393ae882&oe=5CBDE508

Tvtyrant
2019-01-27, 12:51 PM
We had to put our cat asleep today. She was with us for two years after we rescued her from seeking refuge in our garden in full hypothermia.
https://scontent-mxp1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/50412320_10157194240878442_1101799140242751488_n.j pg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-mxp1-1.xx&oh=7b8e1ac08903f83c81fb708a393ae882&oe=5CBDE508

I'm sorry, that sounds awful.

dehro
2019-01-27, 12:55 PM
I'm sorry, that sounds awful.

I may have worded that poorly... she didn't die of hypothermia..that's what we saved her from 2 years ago.. She came to us infected with FeLV, which caused her lungs to fill with fluid, last week...that's why we had to put her to sleep.. it seemed the better alternative to autogenerated waterboarding.

Tvtyrant
2019-01-27, 01:14 PM
I may have worded that poorly... she didn't die of hypothermia..that's what we saved her from 2 years ago.. She came to us infected with FeLV, which caused her lungs to fill with fluid, last week...that's why we had to put her to sleep.. it seemed the better alternative to autogenerated waterboarding.

To be honest the latter disease sounds worse then just hypothermia, I believe you made the right choice.

Resileaf
2019-02-12, 10:26 AM
At least you gave her two years of happiness being given love and caring. All my sympathies to you.

lil diddle
2019-11-11, 11:55 PM
At least you gave her two years of happiness being given love and caring. All my sympathies to you.

Exactly, even a little bit of love and care goes a long way towards making someone, in this case your cat, really happy.

Recherché
2020-01-07, 01:55 PM
I really don't want to go. This forum has been my sanctuary for many years. I love the friends I met here and the experiences I've had.

However I'm having trouble with an element of the UI triggering my mental health issues and logging into this site has been causing panic attacks. I was hoping with time I'd get used to the problem and it would cease to be a problem. However this hasn't been happening, so I think it's time to say goodbye. I'll miss the people here and the community. Thank you for all the years of fun and support.

el minster
2020-05-18, 09:51 PM
this is the saddest thread I've seen. When I read it I feel like I lost so many friends even though I don't know almost anyone here.

Powerdork
2020-06-08, 02:34 AM
I just got a clear sign that I won't be able to keep using the forum the way I'd like, which is unfortunate, because from my standpoint, it's the only good way to be.

Farewell, folks. There are good people here. Stay strong.

AntiAuthority
2020-07-02, 10:40 PM
I won't be around for a bit, no idea how long, but my PC needs repairs. Something is wrong with the battery or adapter, I don't know which, but something is wrong with the hardware from what I can tell since the problem persists after resetting the device. It's going to be shipped off for tech support to work on it and hopefully fix the problem. I say it might be a while because the issue seems to go off at random, and prior experiences with other technicians make it clear that they can fail like anyone else (sometimes over months, but I'm hoping that was a one-time thing and this is nothing like that).

Best case scenario, I'll be back in a few days, worst case scenario, I'll be back whenever the problem is fixed/if I get a new laptop if this problem can't be resolved.

And I'm back it seems. All it took was two weeks lol.

The Fury
2020-09-08, 07:59 AM
I've not been around for a while. Just to let everyone know, I'm fine. I will be moving this upcoming Saturday, so I likely will be gone until I get settled and internet set up again.

Tvtyrant
2020-09-08, 08:27 AM
I've not been around for a while. Just to let everyone know, I'm fine. I will be moving this upcoming Saturday, so I likely will be gone until I get settled and internet set up again.

Hopefully not a long absence then :)

Bartmanhomer
2020-11-03, 05:27 PM
I'm taking a break from this forum for a while because there are some people in this forum who wants to stir up drama and I don't want to be any part of it.

ThatTripletGuy
2020-12-24, 12:00 AM
I know I haven't been here in a long time and I'm sorry. life has been insane, especially with the pandemic.

Saqib Ali
2020-12-28, 05:17 AM
Wish you luck for future endeavors and so many blessings. Goodbye, until next time.

Friv
2021-04-24, 09:57 PM
Hello, to those I've chatted with in the past.

It's become increasingly clear to me over the past little while that I am no longer welcome in this community. Rather than flame out through repeated infractions over the next however long that winds up being, I've decided to hang up my hat.

Anyone who wants to find me elsewhere can do so fairly easily; I am, to my knowledge, the only person with my name or handle on the Internet.

To all those who have given me interesting conversation and wonderful discussion over the years, thank you, and those those who have enjoyed my presence, I am glad.

ziproot
2021-04-25, 02:40 PM
At first, these forums seemed like a great idea, and this was a great month. However, as time wore on, it became increasingly clear that there were several things about this forum that I disliked. So I've decided to take a break from this forum. I may come back, or not. We'll see about that in the future. But for now, goodbye.

Cicciograna
2021-05-02, 01:58 PM
At first, these forums seemed like a great idea, and this was a great month. However, as time wore on, it became increasingly clear that there were several things about this forum that I disliked. So I've decided to take a break from this forum. I may come back, or not. We'll see about that in the future. But for now, goodbye.

Bye Ziproot, I had fun playing with you in the Board Games subforum.

Gallowglass
2021-05-03, 07:28 PM
Hello, to those I've chatted with in the past.

It's become increasingly clear to me over the past little while that I am no longer welcome in this community. Rather than flame out through repeated infractions over the next however long that winds up being, I've decided to hang up my hat.

Anyone who wants to find me elsewhere can do so fairly easily; I am, to my knowledge, the only person with my name or handle on the Internet.

To all those who have given me interesting conversation and wonderful discussion over the years, thank you, and those those who have enjoyed my presence, I am glad.

{Scrubbed}

Call out especially to Psyren who is one of my favorite people on this forum.

Jon talks a lot
2021-06-01, 10:21 PM
Hey all!

Some of you may know me. I am pretty active on the 5e forum. I just wanted to let anyone who cares, which probably isn't many, that I am taking a possibly permanent hiatus from the forum.

I started writing a book, I'm preparing to start a YouTube channel, and there is just too much going on right now for me to continue hanging around here.

I don't think anyone cares, I'm just howling into the void.

IF anyone wants to, they can use this thread as a way to signify if and when they are taking a break from the forum as well.

Bye for now!

Sigako
2021-08-12, 11:02 AM
Disappointed in my life in general, so I'm deleting most of the accounts I have no immediate need in. Since I can't delete this one, I'm just leaving it here.

JSSheridan
2021-11-16, 12:10 PM
Could a mod please close my account
I no long agree with the forum's rules and how they're being enforced.

Tvtyrant
2022-05-23, 03:38 PM
I doubt I will be posting on here anymore, I've moved to Discord full time. It's been great, have a good one!

factotum
2022-08-18, 06:05 AM
Well, it's been nice knowing you all, but I've just received the news that the last chance therapy has failed and that my cancer is terminal. Doctor is giving me weeks, a few months at the outside. So, I'll wish you all goodbye while I'm still capable of typing...farewell. Will still post on here when I can, but don't be surprised when I stop.

DataNinja
2022-08-18, 08:47 AM
Well, it's been nice knowing you all, but I've just received the news that the last chance therapy has failed and that my cancer is terminal. Doctor is giving me weeks, a few months at the outside. So, I'll wish you all goodbye while I'm still capable of typing...farewell. Will still post on here when I can, but don't be surprised when I stop.

Oh... I'm so sorry, factotum...

I may not have really known you that well, even in the forum sense, but you're a name I've come to recognize, and I've always found what you've had to say fairly insightful whenever I've come across it. I'm... going to miss seeing that around.

Fyraltari
2022-08-18, 09:06 AM

Oh... oh no. I'm so sorry, factotum, I really hoped you would beat this.
There's no words. You are a good person and even if we don't know each other much, it was nice knowing you.

Be brave.

Peelee
2022-08-18, 10:51 AM

Oh my god, I'm so sorry.

Dame_Mechanus
2022-08-18, 01:46 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this and I wish I had better words than just hoping for the best for you. I hope you have time to spend with the people who mean the most to you.

Mordokai
2022-08-18, 02:12 PM

I am sorry to read that. I wish you all the best in the time you have left. That said, I just have to know...

Pancreas or liver?

factotum
2022-08-18, 07:06 PM
Pancreas or liver?

Neither so far, but it's lymphoma so it could pop up anywhere next.

Bartmanhomer
2022-08-19, 01:12 AM

Wow. I'm very sorry to hear that. :frown:

halfeye
2022-09-14, 09:45 AM
Thanks for the good posts, and good luck with the rest.

I don't check this thread very often.

theangelJean
2022-09-15, 09:02 PM

Wow, that's horrible news. Glad you are still posting at the moment, we'll miss you. Hope your remaining time is comfortable and surrounded by loved ones.

Rynjin
2022-09-15, 09:11 PM

Wish I'd seen this earlier. I don't think we ever talked directly much, but it's always nice seeing you around.

H_H_F_F
2022-10-24, 12:55 PM

I don't know you, but I've read your name and posts enough time to almost feel like I do. I'm genuinely sorry. My condolences.

I'm a stranger, so I won't attempt to offer any unasked advice - but I hope you manage to make the best of every day you have. Hope we all do.

TaiLiu
2022-10-24, 06:56 PM
I'm glad you're still around. This forum is a nice place to spend some of your final months. :smallsmile:

Jon_Dahl
2022-12-01, 03:20 PM

I am very sorry to hear that, factotum. I hope you will be enjoy these weeks fully and without pain.

Warder
2022-12-25, 07:17 AM
I'm headed out, for now at least! I feel like my waning interest in 5e and the future of d&d has led me to frequent the boards less frequently, but truth be told the main reason is that I think the debate climate on the d&d forums has deteriorated immensely over the past year or so, and it can mainly be traced to one bad faith poster who unfortunately still stays within the rules.

I still think GitP is a great little community and I will of course keep reading the comics, I just get more frustration than enjoyment out of the current forum climate.

Anyway, enough out of me. Have a great 2023 everyone!

ToranIronfinder
2023-01-22, 03:38 PM
I'm out, some of the forum approaches to things seem wonky; maybe its personal and I ticked the wrong person off, maybe its something else, but I don't think I will be posting here any time soon.

Mystic Muse
2023-04-13, 12:24 PM
I'm heading out. Just not really enjoying a lot of interactions here any more, and blocking people only does so much.

I may be back, I may not. Have a good one, everyone.

HalfTangible
2023-09-10, 09:13 PM
There was a point in my life where the playground was the only place in the world I was happy. This was where I went to play games, chat about stuff I loved, and hang out with friends.

I never thought there'd come a day when I didn't even want to look at it.

I come here now purely out of habit, and then only rarely. What friends I still have either left or don't interact as much as they used to.

The more I look at the forum and the people still here, the more I realize... at best, I just don't care anymore. And sometimes I'm disgusted outright by the things people say on here. Yeah I can put people on ignore but when you do it often enough that entire pages are just ignored posts there's an issue. What stuff I do want to talk about isn't really discussed here anymore.

To clarify so there's no misunderstanding: With one or two big exceptions (that I'm not even sure are on the forum anymore) I don't hate anyone here. But just because I don't hate a person doesn't mean interacting with them is good for them or for me.

To what friends I had that are still here: thank you for everything. My Discord remains open. Maybe I'll still check back in every now and again but I'm not a regular anymore.