PDA

View Full Version : Creation Forges?

Yogibear41
2013-12-27, 01:49 AM
Are creation forges ever stated up in any of the Eberron books? Obviously they would be Artifacts, and I know there isn't really that much known about them but was wondering what it may take for someone to make one, and if it could be done pre-epic level without divine assistance? (probably not)

lytokk
2013-12-27, 11:20 AM
I don't think they were ever statted up in any books, but would be artifacts. I don't think it takes epic level spells to make the warforged, as no on in eberron is that high of a level.

Kol Korran
2013-12-27, 11:33 AM
You might call them artifacts, but I would deem them just very hard to create. The main reason is that they are supposed to use powerful Schemas, probably from Xen'dric if the hints about the origins of the forges are right. But that is usually left to the DM to decide. I think the forges themselves might be complex, but not artifacts. The schemas that bring life and soul (debateable) to an automaton? They might indeed be called artifact I would think.

MrNobody
2013-12-27, 12:10 PM
I think that the author's of Eberron settings were really smart not describing such an important aspect of Eberron's magic. This way, every DM can imagine them the way he likes and/or the way it fits to the quest he is playing.
Though, I'd say Forges are artifact or even a composition of more artifacts: creating true life by arcane magic requires a lot lot lot lot lot (ad so on) of power!