PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Monk's back-up weapon option.

AstralFire
2013-12-27, 02:13 PM
Half-Elf monk, level 3. Has a choice of Skill Focus (Acrobatics or Stealth), the major two skills she has, or an Exotic or Martial Weapon Proficiency. Going for Crane Wing style as a defensive build.

Is it better to:
- Use the Skill Focus and use Shuriken as a back-up? (Easier DR piercing)
- Get EWP: Rope Dart for another +1 AC while fighting defensively?
- Grab an EWP offensive weapon?

Am not adverse to using any one-handed weapon that allows for flurry.

Slipperychicken
2013-12-27, 03:57 PM
You'll want a ranged weapon for when you can't reach an enemy for melee. It won't be any good, but it'll still be something.

AstralFire
2013-12-27, 04:02 PM
You'll want a ranged weapon for when you can't reach an enemy for melee. It won't be any good, but it'll still be something.

I'll have a ranged weapon regardless. Shuriken and Rope Dart are both ranged, and if I spend the EWP on an offensive melee weapon, I'd just have to spend a move action to draw the shuriken.

Zonugal
2013-12-27, 05:26 PM
I'll have a ranged weapon regardless. Shuriken and Rope Dart are both ranged, and if I spend the EWP on an offensive melee weapon, I'd just have to spend a move action to draw the shuriken.

Shurikens have a range of ten feet and rope dart have a range of twenty feet.

You have proficiency with the light & heavy crossbows for 80 & 120 ft. but those require some feats to full-attack with. You could also use the sling but that's at fifty feet.

If you want a reliable ranged weapon the longbow is a solid investment.