PDA

View Full Version : Odd Combo of Questions

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-27, 02:29 PM
Ok so is a Sorcerer//Factotum//Warblade a good build if you use a feat tax to change the CHA focus to an INT focus?

I know you are gonna ask why not use a Wizard? Well I cannot use a prepared caster for this build due to the setting rules, etc.

Or should I use some other type of caster who might work better with this build idea?

I was gonna use the generic classes and yeah I get 13/15 feats to change around and add basic class features but I was curious if those three classes would work better then the free style class feature adding. My DM has said things like Bardic Knowledge costs 2 feats and even thinks like the AC Bonus cost 2 but more complex things cost 3 feats for the class feature.
So in theory I could have the monks AC bonus, the bards knowledge, the rogues sneak attack, the sorcerers familiar, etc.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-12-27, 02:44 PM
Beguiler has Int based spontaneus casting. Its list is a little limited though unless you go for a Rainbow Servant build.

Xervous
2013-12-27, 03:48 PM
Gestalt (and Tristalt) characters sometimes run into the problem of having lots of cool abilities but still only being able to use one or two per round. That being said, factotum is absurd in gestalt because of its ability to produce extra standard actions.

If the CS doesn't prohibit it, I suggest you go for Psion over Sorcerer. The power level of the spells/powers is about even, but Psions have access to more action economy shenanigans. Since a lot of their utility powers are dirt cheap in PP, you may find yourself getting better returns on them for your investment of class levels.

Psion//Warblade//Factotum is downright scary. You have gobs of skill points to cover most skill monkeying, you have access to the more powerful maneuvers (Iron Heart Surge and White Raven Tactics to name two), factotum's inspiration points on top of maneuvers gives you a decent all day stream of power, and sweet Tiamat, you have absurd nova potential. Ever seen a Psion go nova? Now you have a handful of free standard actions to cut down on your start up costs.

DANGER, DO NOT REPLACE PSION WITH STP ERUDITE

UmpteenthDoctor
2013-12-27, 05:49 PM
Due to setting psions are out too which sucks as i do love em