PDA

View Full Version : Useful magic item for a Duskblade......

Chester
2013-12-27, 06:33 PM
.....that costs between 3,000 and 4,000 gold.

Any quick ideas?

Seerow
2013-12-27, 06:35 PM
Arcane channeling crystal? Weapon crystal from MIC that adds bonus damage whenever channeling a spell.

Fax Celestis
2013-12-27, 06:47 PM
I'm partial to counterstrike bracers.

Chester
2013-12-28, 08:33 AM
I'm partial to counterstrike bracers.

Wow, nice . . . how are these not completely broken?!

Gwendol
2013-12-28, 11:17 AM
Bracers of the entangling blast: make those ray of frost actually do something.

Fax Celestis
2013-12-28, 11:33 AM

You can only use them once per round, and you burn through the 3/day charges pretty fast.

Seerow
2013-12-28, 11:41 AM
You can only use them once per round, and you burn through the 3/day charges pretty fast.

2/day charges.

I'd rather take Karmic Strike or Robilar's Gambit, personally.

Darrin
2013-12-28, 12:34 PM
Tunic of Steady Spellcasting (2500 GP, MIC). If he doesn't have it already, this is a good item to have on a gish. Despite its name, this tunic provides a +5 competence bonus to any Concentration check, not just for spellcasting (very handy for Diamond Mind strikes if Tome of Battle is available).

Glove of the Master Strategist (3600 GP, Ghostwalk). Great way to get your hands free (for spellcasting) or swap in a wand/rod/staff without wasting actions. This gloves works exactly like a Glove of Storing, except it has a much more reasonable price. And yes, Ghostwalk did get a 3.5 update, so 3600 GP is the official 3.5 price. If you're doing anything that requires you to repeatedly put away or switch a weapon out of your hand, then this glove may be your only option that doesn't waste any of your actions. As an added bonus, this glove also gives you a true strike effect 1/day, presumably as a standard action. However, it doesn't specify an activation method, and it does mention "use", so if you can convince your DM that it's use-activated, so much the better.

Stormfire Ring (4000 GP, MIC). One of my favorite items for any character. Negates concealment/invisibility, ranged area effect that can do up to 25d6 electrical damage without a save.

Fax Celestis
2013-12-28, 12:52 PM
2/day charges.

I'd rather take Karmic Strike or Robilar's Gambit, personally.

No reason you can't do both.

heavyfuel
2013-12-28, 02:04 PM

Because they require an immediate action to activate, so you can only use it once per turn and you can't use a swift action on your next turn. Since you're a duskblade, you probably have better things to do with your swift actions (like quickcasting a spell, or using a spell that only requires a swift action) than getting a free AoO.

Honestly, they are subpar on a normal build, but can be quite good on a tripping build.