PDA

View Full Version : Strength to the Max in 3.5

Aemoh87
2013-12-27, 08:59 PM
So to start off I am coming back to 3.5 and my old character builds and notes are everywhere and all incomplete. But, what is important is that I am gonna play some 3.5 and it's going to get dirty.

So I am playing a Dvati Thrallherd (Using Telepath, Marshal, Fiend of Possession, Fiend of Corruption, Thrallherd, and Mindbender) who has 4 cohorts. One of which is a Cleric-zilla. Spare me the lecture this is going to be one of the most elegant buckets of cheese ever. So how do I pump strength again?

Here is a list of all of the bonuses to strength I could find:

Racial
Inherent Various +5
Enhancement Bite of the Werebear +16, SpC p. 28
Size Giant Size +32, CArc p. 109
Competence
Alchemical Rhul +4, LoD p. 184
Insight
Morale
Luck
Sacred
Divine
Perfection
Untyped:

Rage +4, tons of ways to get including the drug Chiff and should stack with paint as the paint is a primal rage... cheetos
Silthilar Muscles +2, LoM p. 217 (110,000 gp!!!)
War Paint of Primal Rage +4, http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fw/20030627a

Total: +67

Unused Untyped:

Pain Mastery Feat, Savage Species: +2/50 dmg, just not viable and tough req.

I need to figure out the largest bonuses to each. I think it is safe to say that I have the racial (I chose mine for roll playing reasons for I know there are good ones and great templates), inherent, enhancement, and alchemical bonuses figured out (Still need to figure out a good way to get Bite of the Werebear for a Cleric).

I do not want to use the festering anger trick. What are some of the more obscure bonuses to strength we have found? Oh and I have 3 other cohorts, one more likely a bard so I am sure we can find a way to make anything work. I will edit as answers pour in.

Zman
2013-12-27, 09:22 PM
Well being Lloth touched and a Half Minotaur still gives you a base race to work from and is an additional ~20+ Str.

Phelix-Mu
2013-12-27, 09:24 PM
This makes me want to make a viable fog giant cohort, lol.

strider24seven
2013-12-27, 09:39 PM
Cancer Mage + Festering Anger

Aemoh87
2013-12-27, 09:41 PM
Cancer Mage + Festering Anger

Yup says in the first post I don't want to use this! I also don't want to use item crafting shenanigans to create other type bonuses. Also I don't want to go pun pun.

AmberVael
2013-12-27, 09:47 PM
Yup says in the first post I don't want to use this! I also don't want to use item crafting shenanigans to create other type bonuses. Also I don't want to go pun pun.

What about non-shenanigans with items? Get one of your cohorts to be an Artificer. Buy up several items of enhancement to strength. Have the cohort use Item Alteration to change them to different bonuses.

pwykersotz
2013-12-27, 09:55 PM
There's also Psychofeedback (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psychofeedback.htm), the Psion power if you can get it. It might be too far out of your build concept range though, since it is a 5th level power.

Seer_of_Heart
2013-12-27, 10:53 PM
Consumptive field and greater consumptive field, from the spell compendium, each give +2 strength per death caused.

CyberThread
2013-12-28, 02:08 AM
lift weights and worship Heironeous the god of fitness

Shark Uppercut
2013-12-28, 05:15 AM
If you need all the obscure Strength bonuses you can get, check the 3.5 DMG 2. Go to chapter 5 and look for "Unique Abilities". Normally these are supposed to be for uniquely rare NPCs... but they do have have listed LA for players.
Get Prodigy: Strength. +2 untyped bonus, and a crummy +4 more on Strength checks. +2 LA, and +0 CR for some reason.

Other than that, I got nothin'.

Azoth
2013-12-28, 06:47 AM
If your base race is brought to large size by Half Minotaur you can throw on Half Ogre for +0LA. Throw on Wild for +2str for +0LA. Feral for another +4 for +1LA.

There are several fiendish grafts that give +4 untyped strength bonuses. So we can get another +16 easy from grafts.

Throw on 10 levels of Warhulk for another +20 untyped.

If you throw all of this on a Changeling you can go Warshaper and can get another +4 for only 1or 2 levels.

So a Wild Feral lolth touched Half Minotaur Half Ogre Changeling is +3LA and has a massive str bonus. Down side is you are looking at MASSIVE Int penalties.

DeusMortuusEst
2013-12-28, 09:31 AM
Check out post 3 in the Team Solar thread. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188138) It has a very good list of ability score bonuses and where they come from.

Aemoh87
2013-12-28, 03:36 PM
There's also Psychofeedback (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/psychofeedback.htm), the Psion power if you can get it. It might be too far out of your build concept range though, since it is a 5th level power.

Any way to get psychofeedback not range personal? I am very new to psionics as even though I have played forever this is my first time as one in 3.5 (Loved them in 4E). I imagine there is, but who knows.

Also anytime team solars comes up on a thread your doing something right. Kinda makes me sad since they are so amazing, but not perfect... not even going to try to improve them though.

Captnq
2013-12-28, 06:06 PM
Have alien hive-mind worms-things replace your muscles for an untyped +2 bonus.

SILTHILAR MUSCLES
- LORDS OF MADNESS (3.5)
Price: 110,000 gp

Grayson01
2013-12-28, 07:24 PM
War Hulk MHB gives bonuses to STR every level if you have class levels to throw away.

Spuddles
2013-12-28, 09:09 PM
Well being Lloth touched and a Half Minotaur still gives you a base race to work from and is an additional ~20+ Str.

+18 str if starting from a medium base.

For only +1 LA, half minotaur half ogre water orc gives +20 str, but you have -6 int and -4 cha. Half minotaur has +2 wis which is a wash with orc's wis penalty.