PDA

View Full Version : Mini-campaign help

BasketOfPuppies
2013-12-28, 12:04 AM
I am running a mini-campaign/ one-shot thing in a few weeks. Me and some of my friends are staying up all night to play. 3 are D&D veterans, one is familiar with RPG's but has never played D&D, and one is new to RPG's as a whole.
As DM, I made their characters. There is a Wizard, a Sorcerer, a Fighter focused on dealing damage, a ranged Rogue, and a dual-wielding Ranger.
We're doing a CORE game, and the story is this:
A powerful wizard has seen a great evil coming to this land. To combat this, he brought together five people from across the realms. To ensure that they would work together well, he wiped their memories and put in false ones where they"d been friends for a while and had been travelling to [Small Town] where... and that's where I fail to come up with anything else. I am going to have them go from level 1 to level 6 or 7. Anything would be appreciated.

Jakodee
2013-12-28, 12:12 AM
They could be looking for an ancient scroll detailing the location of a powerful magic weapon for use against the coming darkness. It is conveniently located in a nearby cave guarded by [goblin replacement]. Or if they are fighting the darkness directly, it could have coruppted the villagers and has them gathered in an old temple, cave, center of town to preform a ritual to Sommon or strengthen it or it's servants.