PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate Telekinesis Caster/Manifester [3.P]

Feint's End
2013-12-28, 07:39 AM
So I have this idea in my head for some time now and I finally decided to bring it to paper. My idea is a Caster/Manifester (I prefer the second for flavour reasons -> no components mainly) who uses nothing but (or at least almost nothing but) forms of Telekinesis to defeat his foes.

Now I quickly realized that there is almost no support for this kind of playstyle but before I move into homebrew territory (I thought about either homebrewing a 20 level class or a 10 lvl 7/10 manifesting PRC) I'd like to ask the playground for your favourite Telekinesis spells/powers or ones that could be reflavoured as such.

I already had some ideas like reflavouring the deflect arrow feat but the more important things are things like:
-boosting Caster/Manifester level for the telekinesis spells/powers
-boosting saves

Thanks for you help people!

Heliomance
2013-12-28, 07:57 AM
You want Master of the Unseen Hand. I think it's in Complete Scoundrel, but it could be in Arcane or Adventurer.

BornValyrian
2013-12-28, 09:56 AM
You want Master of the Unseen Hand. I think it's in Complete Scoundrel, but it could be in Arcane or Adventurer.

Actually it's in Complete Warrior. I agree that this is worth a look-see.

Osiris
2013-12-28, 10:22 AM
Master of the Unseen Hand is OK, and yes it's in complete warrior, but they have NO caster levels AT ALL! Caster levels are important! Don't lose them!

1st rule of Optimization
Thou shalt not lose caster levels- EVER

Drachasor
2013-12-28, 10:22 AM
Sad to say, I think a Ring of Telekinesis is probably better than the Master of the Unseen Hand PrC.

Especially in Pathfinder where one second level spell gives all of your weapons the Returning Property (which should work with thrust causing them to fall into your square after throwing them each round). Bit more expensive to get returning on your weapons in 3.5.

Craft (Cheese)
2013-12-28, 10:24 AM
I'd go Wizard 1/Psion 3/Cerebremancer X and take Psiotheurgist (Evocation) from Dragon 349: When you cast an evocation spell (or manifest a psychokinetics power) your CL and ML stack with each other. You can get a manifester level of 60 or more if you do this right.

Heliomance
2013-12-28, 11:24 AM
Sad to say, I think a Ring of Telekinesis is probably better than the Master of the Unseen Hand PrC.

Why not both? Or be a ghost? If you get your TK from something other than class levels, you can devote your class levels to combat to synergise with MotUH.

Drachasor
2013-12-28, 11:37 AM
Why not both? Or be a ghost? If you get your TK from something other than class levels, you can devote your class levels to combat to synergise with MotUH.

Because MoTUH doesn't really add much to be worth it. A Ring of Telekinesis gives you 9 attacks per round.

Dalebert
2013-12-28, 12:33 PM
Master of the Unseen Hand is OK, and yes it's in complete warrior, but they have NO caster levels AT ALL! Caster levels are important! Don't lose them!

1st rule of Optimization
Thou shalt not lose caster levels- EVER

That was an immediate turn-off when I read it. I couldn't fathom why they decided that. I kept looking to see if maybe I had missed it somewhere that they actually continue to progress. Who would choose this PrC?

Psyren
2013-12-28, 12:44 PM
That was an immediate turn-off when I read it. I couldn't fathom why they decided that. I kept looking to see if maybe I had missed it somewhere that they actually continue to progress. Who would choose this PrC?

A ghost :smalltongue:

Feint's End
2013-12-29, 08:48 AM
Hmmm I expected something like this to be honest :/ ... thanks to Craft (Cheese) though for the PRC suggestion. I think it's worth looking into.

MotUH is pretty bad actually ... I was looking for more creative ways than just use Telekinesis the way it is. Also Caster always have the problem of very limited casts of the spell.

Maybe do more with reflavouring other powers? I think that might work better actually.

edit: for example using fly as a telekinesis power (lifting yourself of the ground)