PDA

View Full Version : Powers of a Demon

A_Man
2013-12-28, 08:36 PM
So, I'm gonna start playing a roleplay soon, and I'm supposed to come up with a power for a human-turned demon.

Now, I'm having trouble coming up with a suitable power for a demon that isn't something you'd expect (aka, I've thrown out fire, and super strengths). The character is a Physics person, so I was thinking of some power to complement that focus.

Any suggestions?

Arbane
2013-12-28, 09:06 PM
So, I'm gonna start playing a roleplay soon, and I'm supposed to come up with a power for a human-turned demon.

Now, I'm having trouble coming up with a suitable power for a demon that isn't something you'd expect (aka, I've thrown out fire, and super strengths). The character is a Physics person, so I was thinking of some power to complement that focus.

Any suggestions?

Being able to sort fast-moving air-molecules from slow ones.
The ability to possess and animate objects.
Making walls bleed.
Seeing the evil in human hearts. (Yes, they have good, too, but you can't see it.)
Not being permanently injured by earthly weapons, unless they've been blessed.

AMFV
2013-12-28, 09:06 PM
Probably some sort of cognitive powers. The ability to resolve mathematical problems very quickly. That would fit. He could be somebody that tempts professors with knowledge. That sort of demon certainly would exist, he'd have access to forbidden lore.

The_Snark
2013-12-28, 09:20 PM
Radiation, described not in modern scientific terminology but in myth-language: a brilliant light that drowns out all others, sickening and killing those unlucky enough to see it. When applied in small, precisely calibrated quantities, it does not kill, instead twisting its victims and leaving them hideous yet stronger for the ordeal. But flowery language aside: radiation, as realistic or comic-booky as you like. Luciferan associations may or may not be a selling point for you.

Or you could be a demon of emptiness and despair, a creature born of the blackness that came before existence; your touch steals the breath and hollows out the soul, annuls motion, drains heat, extinguishes life. Again, this is basically taking a modern concept (outer space), adding some metaphorical applications to the literal concept, and applying fancy descriptions. I can suggest more, if you want to give me the seeds of an idea - physics is a pretty broad field.