PDA

View Full Version : Which is Better?

sambouchah
2013-12-28, 10:13 PM
Which is better for a Combat Bard: Bard 2/Crusader 18 or Bard 1/Crusader 1/Bard +18?

I'd be taking DFI, White Raven Song, and Snowflake Wardance most likely. Using either a Spiked Chain or a Greathorn Minotaur Hammer. I just need to know which is more beneficial for a low OP game.

Thanks much!

CyberThread
2013-12-29, 12:10 AM
are you going to hit things, or cast spells

That is most likely going to be your answer.

Flickerdart
2013-12-29, 12:21 AM
Between DFI and Snowflake Wardance, you will want many uses of Bardic Music. Song of the White Raven does not give you extra uses, so going Crusader 18 is a waste. However, 18 levels of Bard won't give you that much benefit from SoTW. I would recommend Bard 6/Crusader 14 so that you get level 9 maneuvers, but also enough uses of Bardic Music to actually use the feats you have.

sambouchah
2013-12-29, 12:44 AM
are you going to hit things, or cast spells

That is most likely going to be your answer.

Between DFI and Snowflake Wardance, you will want many uses of Bardic Music. Song of the White Raven does not give you extra uses, so going Crusader 18 is a waste. However, 18 levels of Bard won't give you that much benefit from SoTW. I would recommend Bard 6/Crusader 14 so that you get level 9 maneuvers, but also enough uses of Bardic Music to actually use the feats you have.

Ahhh I hadn't realized it didn't give more uses per day:smalltongue:

I was planning on hitting things, the party right now is a Vrock(soon to be Shadowcaster), an Artificer(I believe Bufficer), and a Rogue. So I was going to Use DFI to make myself and the Rogue better. But now I know. My DM owes me a couple bonus feats however for a bet I won, so what if I used those for Extra Music?

Invader
2013-12-29, 12:49 AM
Low Op and greathorn minotaur hammer seem contradictory to me...

CyberThread
2013-12-29, 12:57 AM
even the best melee, unless gish, is still low op

Scow2
2013-12-29, 01:01 AM
...is the vrock Party Vrock?

sambouchah
2013-12-29, 01:08 AM
Low Op and greathorn minotaur hammer seem contradictory to me...

Well it's probably the best weapon in the game, yes. But it's not gonna raise me a tier or anything, so I don't see a problem.

...is the vrock Party Vrock?

Clever:smallwink:

Eldest
2013-12-29, 01:12 AM
even the best melee, unless gish, is still low op

Not really. Low power, maybe, but you can have a highly optimized melee person.