PDA

View Full Version : Need to know if this will work well

LordAshenshield
2013-12-29, 03:44 AM
Ok this is a 3.P game.
I am playing a Cloistered Cleric (PF) 5/Stormlord 5//Ranger[PF] 10
I am going to focus him as a bit of a well informed combatant who uses the Stormlords enhancements on the Glove of Endless Javelins to give them a lightning bolt like feel.

Also might use the Efficient Quiver to store Javelins of Lightning bolt (if I can find something to do with them for that 1500 gp price.) and keep a bow maybe? I don't know if I see this guy as a solely ranged fighter. I want to give him some melee capabilities.

Would Ranger 5/Fighter 5 work better for that then?

LordAshenshield
2013-12-29, 04:23 AM
Ok got another question just need to know if this works.
Ok Two Weapon fighting with the Gloves of Endless Javelins combined with Rapidshot and Many shot
So at level 10 I have a BAB of 10/5
So thats two attacks, with Two Weapon I add a third on there at -2 with my off hand.
Now Rapidshot says all take a -2 but grants me a 4th attack right?
Now with Manyshot (Deemed to work for my thrown weapon so long as drawing it is a free action like the gloves) makes my first attack count as two right?

So it means as a Full Round action at level 10 I am making 5 attacks (Using 4 attack rolls) all with a -2 (the off hand is a -4) right?

Darrin
2013-12-29, 08:26 AM
So thats two attacks, with Two Weapon I add a third on there at -2 with my off hand.
Now Rapidshot says all take a -2 but grants me a 4th attack right?

Yes, that's correct. You can stack TWF and Rapid Shot with thrown weapons, so long as you have a way to draw them as free actions.

Now with Manyshot (Deemed to work for my thrown weapon so long as drawing it is a free action like the gloves) makes my first attack count as two right?

No. It sounds like you have a house rule here, since Manyshot only works with arrows. If that's not a problem, then you have the issue that Manyshot is a standard action, and can't be combined with TWF and Rapid Shot, which require full attacks.

If you want to double your thrown weapon attacks, then I think you need to get Palm Throw from Master Thrower. This doesn't quite work with javelins as written, but the text does mention that the DM can add other light thrown weapons that work with Palm Throw, and that's a much easier handwave than what you're trying to do with Manyshot.

So it means as a Full Round action at level 10 I am making 5 attacks (Using 4 attack rolls) all with a -2 (the off hand is a -4) right?

If you're combining TWF with Rapid Shot, all your primary and offhand attacks are at a -4 penalty.

LordAshenshield
2013-12-29, 01:29 PM
Manyshot got a rework in Pathfinder, it works with a Full Attack and the wording seems to suggest it can work with Rapid Shot.

Also I will look at Palm Thrower since it does seem to fit better. And yeah its mostly a house rule only because there is no logical reason someone cannot throw a javelin as fast as draw, aim, and fire an arrow.

http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/manyshot-combat---final

But if I do that then.
TWF+Rapid Shot+Many Shot+Palm Thrower+Doubletoss =?? How many attacks a turn is this?
Twf grants me an off hand so thats 2 total
Rapid Shot adds another so that is 3 total 4 if you count the second main hand with BAB
Manyshot converts my first javelin into two attacks so 4 becomes 5
Palm Thrower says
Palm Throw: When using little thrown weapons (darts, shuriken, and daggers; the DM may allow other weapons), a master thrower with this ability may throw two of each weapon with a single attack roll. Damage for each weapon is resolved separately, but the master thrower does not apply her Strength bonus to either damage roll.
So does that in fact add 1 or does it double the number as it says each attack throws two.
And then double toss is a standard action so doesnt work in this run but 6-10 attacks a round with 2d6s seems like a decent amount of damage.

So I might change it for
Two with One Blow: If a master thrower with this ability uses a thrown weapon to attack two opponents adjacent to each other, she may take a —4 penalty on the attack roll and attempt to hit both opponents at once. The attack may hit either, both, or neither opponent depending on the roll and the Armor Class of each opponent. Damage for each opponent is resolved separately. If the attack roll results in the threat of a critical hit, roll to confirm each critical hit separately.

So wouldn't this be all attacks are at a -6 penalty but I get 6-10 unless my target is next to a buddy in which I get an additional attack for each buddy?