PDA

View Full Version : Screaming (sonic based) Character help

LeongW
2013-12-29, 06:34 AM
Hi,

I've been thinking about a character that screams/shouts to (de)buffs or do dmg(fear/stuns/etc). But I'm having trouble with finding classes that will fill the roll. And combining them the right way. So I hope you guys can help me build a screaming character, you have my thanks!

(sorry if my english is bad)

This is what I found so far:

Race:
Maenad
Half emerald/orange dragon (sonic breath weapon)

Base class:
Bard (more singing then screaming)
All psionics classes?

Prestige classes:
Lyric Thaumaturge
Sonokineticist
Stormcaster
Wildrunner

DeusMortuusEst
2013-12-29, 07:29 AM
Human Ghost Siren (Savage Species) does this very well. Depends on starting level of course, but if you can do it I'd say go for it :smallamused:

EDIT: Take the Ghost savage progression (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/sp/20040117a) if you can, that way you don't have to take all the +5 LA for the template.

Darrin
2013-12-29, 08:31 AM
Nycter (MM3) had a sonic mind-affecting ability, and can qualify for Siren. Vrill (Drow of the Underdark) also have a sonic-based shout thingy, but you have to track down the errata for the details, as it was accidentally cropped out of the book.

Psyren
2013-12-30, 12:19 AM
In Pathfinder Psionics, there is a Wilder archetype for Maenads called the Banshee that focuses almost exclusively on sonic damage. Unfortunately it hasn't made it to the SRD yet I think.