PDA

View Full Version : Dragon Samurai

ZamielVanWeber
2013-12-29, 02:57 PM
Can someone give a rundown about how the Dragon Samurai's breath weapon works. The stacking part seems confusing to me.

Sian
2013-12-29, 03:02 PM
eh? ...

if you have a breath weapon (say ... pulling from an hat ... level 10 Dragonfire Adept) you can once a day stack the two different breaths on top of each other so it would be 5d6+xd8

ZamielVanWeber
2013-12-29, 03:16 PM
What type damage would it do? (It says "same type" not "same energy yupe" so I want to be very sure here). Also, it does not say "stacks once per day," it only says "stacks" and gives an example that is also 1/day.

Sian
2013-12-29, 03:48 PM
As Dragon Samurai can only breath 1/day, i would guess that thats the limit on how often a day it can stack onto another breath weapon ... might not be exactly RAW, but i'd throw the rules lawyer trying to argue otherwise out of my group if it became an issue

as for 'same type' i'm guess the meaning is the breath type you have from another place and the Dragon Samurai both Line or both Cone they can stack ... if its one Line, one Cone they can't

Chronos
2013-12-29, 04:20 PM
I'd say to make it stack for as often as you can use your other breath, because that class sucks so hard that it needs all the help it can get.

Sian
2013-12-29, 04:38 PM
I'd say to make it stack for as often as you can use your other breath, because that class sucks so hard that it needs all the help it can get.

sure i argee that Dragon Samurai suck balls ... but that doesn't change that its clearly not intended to be read that way from my reading of it

Pluto!
2013-12-29, 04:38 PM
+1 for the pity ruling. WotC was not kind to anything with Samurai in the title.

Grayson01
2013-12-29, 04:40 PM
sure i argee that Dragon Samurai suck balls ... but that doesn't change that its clearly not intended to be read that way from my reading of it

Yes but the Mini's are BA!

ZamielVanWeber
2013-12-29, 05:21 PM
Since the RAW is awful, how about we say: you can stack indefinitely, but may not uae it if you do; if you use it you may not stack it; the breath weapon it is being added to is used to determine size/damage/shape; and it must be added to a damaging breath qeapon (to satisfy the "same type" clause).

Twilightwyrm
2013-12-29, 05:54 PM
Yes but the Mini's are BA!

Hell yeah! Now if only I could find someway to swap "Samurai" with "Swordsage" or "Warblade" on the bottom of mine, I would be set. Those older minis actually have the names indented, as opposed to just painted on...

Grayson01
2013-12-29, 05:56 PM
Hell yeah! Now if only I could find someway to swap "Samurai" with "Swordsage" or "Warblade" on the bottom of mine, I would be set. Those older minis actually have the names indented, as opposed to just painted on...

Ha HA the name part is facing down no one will know if you use it for your Swordsage, I wont tell lol. I have a few of them The Red Dragon Samurai is my Fav for Sure!