PDA

View Full Version : The Castle of Kalzarath

Pages : [1] 2

Fenric
2007-01-19, 10:30 AM
High in the mountains northeast of town, away from the dwarven fortress, a castle grows from the stone of the mountain.

The layout of the castle is fairly basic, with a defensive wall studded with turrets and towers, with a moderatly sized central keep. The keep rises four levels into the air, and dives seven into the stone beneath. A tall tower of five levels adorns each corner of the keep, while a central spire rises five above the main ceiling. Each tower is flat and turreted at the top.

The castle is set about with many runes and wards, and patrolled by tireless undead. An unusual ward fills every room within, clearly visible to any with magical senses: An Epic-Enhanced Flame Quench stands ready to trigger, anywhere and everywhere. Whomever resides here seems to be beyond paranoid about fire.

Basic Castle Layout
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Castle/CastleLayout.gif
Sub-Floors
Firsthttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Castle/SubFloor1.gif
Secondhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Castle/SubFloor2.gif
Thirdhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Castle/SubFloor3.gif
Fourthhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Castle/SubFloor4.gif
Fifthhttp://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Castle/SubFloor5.gif
The Evil Spell-Weavers

Alton, a Drow. Master of the Spell-weavers. Wears a traditional drow wizard robe and Piwafi. Speaks in Navy

Elric, a Lijosalfar. Weaver of the Divine. Rarely seen without his mithril elven chain and strange rapier. Speaks in Green (Deceased - killed by Renrik)

Fendran, a shadow-werefox. Weaver of Shadows. The family resemblance to Fenric is unmistakable. Speaks in Red

Ikzi-Bashok, a human. Weaver of Elements. His body is covered with tattoo-like designs of raised scar tissue. Speaks in Indigo

Randan, a human. Weaver of Unweaving. He is an arrogant wizard in red silken robes. Speaks in Maroon

Lindorarna, an elf. Weaver of Arcane. This wood-elf wears special leather armor, and has an array of wands in what should be a shortsword sheath. Speaks in Dark Orange

mirror-Krystal, a shadow-werefox. Weaver of the Mind. Daughter of mirror-Fenric with a random evil priestess, she looks exactly like the good Krystal. She is a psion who augments her abilities with spells. Speaks in Royal Blue

The Spell Weaver's View of the Universe
http://i58.photobucket.com/albums/g265/ttstocks/Castle/SpellWeaverUniverse.gif

DarkHunter
2007-01-19, 11:33 AM
The lich Kalzarath waits in his audience chamber.

Elric is the first to return: the tall elf resplendant in his mithril elven chain. He drags mirror-Karl along by the ear.

This one should prove useful, my lord. His cult has managed to find a replacement deity on the Fundamental of Evil itself.

The lich nods. Take him and his cultists below, to the fourth level.

The elf bows and mirror-Karl is taken away.

Fenric
2007-01-19, 11:38 AM
Ikzi-Bashok, covered with fantastic scar-tattoos, appears in a swirl of darkness. He is accompanied by mirror-Krystal.

She took a bit of convincing, but I believe we have a new spellweaver.

The lich nods

Excellant. Assign her a room on the third level, then.

The scarred wizard leads the young girl away.

DarkHunter
2007-01-19, 12:07 PM
Randan in his red silk robes drags in three prisoners

Should have guessed: Fendran's double is a whiny paladin. And here is mirror-Fenric and his girl.

The evil lich grins with malicious glee

Take them straightaway to the dungeon and see to it they are well warded and guarded. I shall enjoy destroying these...

Fenric
2007-01-19, 01:07 PM
Lindorarna and Fendran appear together, herding a group of foxes.

We've rounded up the remaining children.

Kazuki is nowhere to be found, so it appears my spies told the truth and he is no more.

The lich nods

The mages go off to be slaves, take the clerics to Karl.

The two bow, and herd the mirrors of Ferdar, Yoshiro, Ayame, Kirana, and Karina off to the lower levels of the castle.

DarkHunter
2007-01-19, 02:32 PM
Last of all, Alton appears. A single elf woman bound by his spells. He bows deeply.

My dread lord: I have brought clerics, guards, and death knights captured from the mirror-Kazuki's temple. I must report, however, that that child of your enemy is no more.

I bring you this prize, however. From the mirror world: a dread enchantress and necromantress whose name you might find interesting. Allow me to introduce Karina NorZilliar, mother of the mirror-world Fenric.

The lich eyes the latest acquisition thoughtfully

Fascinating... And what have you to offer us, Karina?

The evil Karina grins

There are several things I can offer, Kalzarath. I am an enchantress of no mean power. I also know a great deal about... other diversions.

We shall see... Alton, give her a room on your floor, for now.

Alton bows and respecfully leads Karina away. The lich sits and ponders this latest development.

phoenixineohp
2007-01-21, 02:18 AM
Two flying bodies appear, far way from the castle.
"This is where he went."
"Well shoot. That doesn't look good at all."
Phoenixineohp and Phoenix sigh.
"Guess we have a few more things to plan for."
"Things just can't happen one at a time here, noooo." She shakes her head and the pair fly off.

Fenric
2007-01-21, 05:36 PM
Kalzarath sighs

The fool Randan trusts too much in his abilities, and may be caught.

Alton shrugs

Perhaps it is time for a new unweaver. This arrogant fool from Thay has always caused trouble, however useful his spells might have been from time to time.

The evil lich shakes his head

We are too few, even with the new additions. The bird women hunt us even now: they were spotted flying by the castle in the night.

DarkHunter
2007-01-23, 12:45 PM
Kalzarath suddenly feels a surge of power on the plane that he had not felt in ages.

Alton! Randan! Attend me at once. Everyone on the alert! He is here, in this world.

The other spellweavers scurry about, setting patrols and heightening the guards and wards. The master-weaver and the unweaver stand next to their lord

My lord: why this sudden burst of activity?

The lich looks at his lieutennant in disbelief for a moment, then regains his composure with a force of will.

Of course: you cannot feel him... You may have noticed that I have never sent you to fetch our mirrors. The reason for this is my mirror is a druid of surpassing power. You are his druidic circle, in that place: powerful beyond description.

And he now walks this world. We must be ready... it is only a matter of time before they find the firebird-women.

Alton looks at Randan, who seems a bit irritated at the lich's obsession with Px and Pxp. He wisely holds his tongue, however.

Merant
2007-01-26, 07:00 PM
Merant appears in a cloud of red smoke inside the defensive walls, just outside the keep. He looks around the surrounding areas, frowning a little bit.

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 07:08 PM
Four Death Knights converge on Merant

Intruder: identify yourself at once!

Merant
2007-01-26, 07:13 PM
Merant folds his arms and narrows his eyes at the death knights. His eyes go to a burning red "Now that's not a very nice reception to a God is it?"

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 07:20 PM
The Death Knights stand, neither advancing nor withdrawing. It is apparent that they have sent a message, but not apparent how.

After a short time, the ones blocking the path to the keep stand aside

You will be seen.

Merant
2007-01-26, 07:26 PM
Merant turns to the knight that spoke "Good" he then moves swiftly towards the keep

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 07:28 PM
Within the massive entry hall, Merant encounters a Drow dressed as well as any high archmage of a town of that dark folk, and a human in the red robes favoured by the wizards of Thay. The tattoos on his bald head strengthen the certainty of his origins.

Alton bows politely to Merant

To what do we owe the honour of this visit?

Merant
2007-01-26, 07:40 PM
Merant nods to Alton "I spoke to two...firebirds last night, I imagine you know who I'm talking of. The two said you were opposed to them and a certain vulpine clan so to speak, I may be of some assistance because I as well have some things to...sort out with part of that group."

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 07:47 PM
The two evil spellweavers look at each other.

You need to see the master.

Randan rolls his eyes

If for no other reason than to keep the skin on our bodies.

The two lead the way through double doors of darkest blackness, into the audience chamber and throne room of Kalzarath. The lich sits patiently on his obisdian throne, the room decorated really quite tastefully in shades of grey and black. White marble statues in classical form occupy niches along the wall. The aura of magic covers everything to such a depth that there is obviously a heavy layering of Nystul's Magic Aura applied to blind out the true enchantments.

Merant
2007-01-26, 07:51 PM
Merant looks around the room "Nice decor you've got here"

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 07:59 PM
The lich gives Merant a dry look

Thank you. Since I do not believe that you are the god of interior decor, I want to know why you are truly here. It takes little imagination to seek to unsettle me with tales of those abominable phoenixes. What do you propose to do, and what do you want in return?

Merant
2007-01-26, 08:20 PM
"Fenric and his extended family is the only reason that the people I'm hunting are still breathing. I can't allow this to go unpunished, whether it's at your hands or mine I don't care. However Fenric is nigh on invincible within his temple for one person to take on all by himself, and this is what has prevented me from acting up to this point. Whether I can help you or not really depends on what you are trying to do."

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 08:26 PM
Kalzarath's dessicated face creaks into a seldom-seen grin

Fenric is completely invulnerable, and that is his greatest weakness. Oh, you can destroy his body, but his precious goddess would simply reassemble him.

No: my goal is to make him suffer forever, amid the ashes of those he cared about. We will use his own nature against him, but we need someone who can survive the inhospitable temper of Myobi long enough to deliver the curse we have prepared.

And your payment is automatic: for you will learn the curse yourself.

Merant
2007-01-26, 08:32 PM
Merant grins evily "How hard would it be to put the curse on?"

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 08:46 PM
Kalzarath gestures to Randan, who steps forward

The curse is applied to the victim's connections with the demiplane of Ravenloft. Fenric's is direct, Wukei's comes through her association with Hel, the daughter of Loki, who is now a Dark Lord. The symmetry is identical.

By reweaving the amounts of negative energy and astral energy in this connection, you can create an unconscious aura of decay and unlife. The victim will gradually either slay those around, or change them into undead.

Their attempts to cure the pain of their loved ones will merely reset the clock and prolong the suffering. Their attempts to divine the source will trace back to Ravenloft and be lost in the mists, for the Dark Powers do not allow other gods to scry into their lands.

The difficulty is that procedure takes about a turn to complete

Merant
2007-01-26, 08:55 PM
Merant grins "Sounds cruel and painful, I like it a lot. Would this work with people who have been touched by the mists?"

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 09:03 PM
Randan shakes his head

This curse is tied to that particular connection, so no: you must be at least mist-touched, and better mist-linked. But Fendran knows how to establish the connections, so it doesn't really matter

Merant
2007-01-26, 09:08 PM
Merant shrugs "Shame, I know several mist touched people that would appreciate that curse being placed on them. So, how is the curse placed on the victim?"

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 09:15 PM
Randan turns to his master with a scowl

Where is Elric? I can't teach this fellow something that I can't do myself. If you want him to learn, then summon the person who can teach!

Kalzarath chuckles

You are here, and Alton is here, because you cannot give away the secret. The demon Merant may be freshly a god, but his powers are not to be underestimated. Know Secrets would rip the knowledge from your mind before your considerable defenses were prepared for it.

No, I will have a little oath from our fine upgraded demon, first.

Merant
2007-01-26, 09:21 PM
Merant raises an eyebrow "Oh? This almost feels like a binding contract and I've already foolishly signed enough of them." he yawns "Still, it got me to where I am"

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 09:25 PM
Kalzarath smiles and gestures to the floor, where a censer of vile black water appears

Your powers come from Loki, and therefore this particular substance is particularly... binding to you. Swear on this water from Styx that you will never aid the phoenixes against me, and we will give you a slave with the information imprinted in his subsconscious.

You may use whatever means you find most pleasing to extract it, after you have left.

Merant
2007-01-26, 09:32 PM
Merant grins "I swear"

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 09:35 PM
Kalzarath waves his hand, and a bound and gagged human appears.

Enjoy

Merant
2007-01-26, 09:38 PM
Merant grins, he walks over to the human and grabs him by the throat. They both disappear in a cloud of red smoke.

DarkHunter
2007-01-26, 09:40 PM
Elric steps from behind the throne and bows to his master. Kalzarath indicates Randan

Instruct the unweaver on what you have learned. We did not get this far by trusting gods: good or evil.

The two bow and disappear.

(( The castle is closed for the night. Please hold off talking to the lich until tomorrow ))

Fenric
2007-02-18, 12:14 AM
Alton walks up to the throne of his master and bows deeply

What news, my servant?

Alton stands

Elric died in his attempt on the fox. But he was successful: Fenric no longer exists in this world.

Kalzarath looks shocked, his undead features contorting under the force of his emotion

We actually WON?

Alton nods

Yes, my lord. Fenric is no more: your revenge is achieved.

The lich grins a most evil grin

A replacement for the troublesome Elric must be found. You have done well, Alton.

Alton bows again

Thank you, my lord.

He rises and leaves the throne room.

phoenixineohp
2007-02-28, 03:50 AM
In the middle of the night a guard paces as he keeps watch. As he is about to take another step he freezes. Seemingly unable to move his body lifts into the air before disappearing without a sound.

One by one another three guards disappear in a similar manor.

Fenric
2007-02-28, 07:28 AM
A grouchy guard reports to his commander

My Lord: Garak, Gen, and Faral cannot be found.

The death knight's eyes narrow to slits

Deserters will be executed when captured

The man bows and leaves.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-01, 02:39 AM
As the darkness covers the land another five guards disappear with no trace of them is left behind.

Fenric
2007-03-01, 07:23 PM
Clanking in his heavily enchanted armor, the death knight stalks around the keep, looking for any sign of the nine missing guards.

This is too many, too swiftly for desertions.

He sends thugs out to the slums to "recruit" more guards, and orders the remaining set to always patrol in groups of three.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-01, 08:20 PM
A short scream can be heard from a watch point as the first group of three goes missing.

Fenric
2007-03-01, 08:27 PM
The death knight personally comes to the wall for all the good it does.

We are being attacked

He turns to one of the lackeys with him

Go inform lord Kalzarath.

The abomination scans the area for anything noticeable.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-01, 08:32 PM
All the lackeys with him seem to scurry off.... but will not be making it to Kalzarath.

Fenric
2007-03-01, 08:40 PM
The death knight stomps along the wall with a baleful glare, keeping close watch all around.

By Soth! I never expected to have to patrol a wall again.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-12, 10:42 PM
The attacks quiet down for several days as the guard refills. However, in the middle of the night another bunch are taken with only a helmet left behind.

Fenric
2007-03-13, 09:08 AM
The stunned Death Knight captain personally reports to the
dread lich.

My lord, the attacks have resumed. These human peasants
simply cannot contend with whatever force has chosen to harry us.

Kalzarath glowers in anger

What attacks are these? How is it that my walls are assaulted
and I am not informed?

The death knight blinks in surprise

My lord, I dispatched messengers to you...

The lich contemplates this news

It is most distressing that we can be attacked with such impunity.
Augment the guard with wraiths: invisible, incorporeal. I want to know who it is
that does these things. Do not fail me again.

As the undead warrior clatters away, Ishi-Bashok is summoned. He bows low
and awaits his orders.

You will prepare the measures that we discussed previously. I care not
for the lives of the human peasants, let them be the bait. If this is
the fire-bird again, she will suffer.

The weaver of the elements bows again without a word and exits the chamber.

Fenric
2007-03-15, 08:51 PM
Randan strides into the throne room

My lord: three of Fenric's brood are revelling heedlessly in the tavern. Fenric himself is preoccupied with his daughter's illness, and the town authorities are distracted by the fate-weaver's antics: now is the time to strike!

The evil lich chuckles darkly

It is high time we began to repay that town for its insults. Let the three foxes die tonight. Take as many of the other meddling townspeople with them as you might.

Randan bows, and goes to see who is available for a raid.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-19, 10:52 PM
During the night any of the guard who are not death knights or wraiths are taken from their watch in the same manor as the ones before them.

In the morning the sun will rise on a pile of bodies staked tall by the front gates. Closer inspection will reveal the bodies to be the former guards, who all have two things in common, they are missing their hearts and their spines.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 09:05 AM
(( erk... so much for rescuing them. ))

This, naturally, causes quite a stir within the castle. Eventually, Alton himself comes out and disintegrates the bodies.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 01:49 PM
The foxes all walk boldly in, transforming into their familiar hybrid shapes as they enter. The Death Knights hasten to the scene as Kazuki puts a Death Ward on Karl. Krystal and Yoshiro prepare spells to blast the knights with as Karl summons his blades. Izumi stands quietly with her prepared mystery.

Deadly
2007-03-21, 01:53 PM
Kio casts Undeath to Death and sends a ray of light at the nearest DK from her position atop the outer wall.

Deadly grows several size categories and manifests a pair of deep black claws "Death by Raccoon!" he grins maniacally and charges the Death Knights

Exachix
2007-03-21, 01:54 PM
Exachix, slightly blurred and enflamed, enters and looks around to find where the Death Knights are.

Karsen enters too and looks around.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 02:21 PM
The castle walls are a boing square. We entered a bit to one side of halfway down a wall. Two from the near wall are very close, two from the other side are pretty close, two are running from the far wall and will take a while. No one has come out of the keep proper yet.

Kio reduces one of the nearest to a corpse, and makes the other rather angry.

The two slightly further away slow down at the sight of the giant racoon with wicked black claws. They adopt defensive stances.

Karl shoots at one of the far-away ones, Krystal blasts the same one Kio hit with light with a lightningbolt. Yoshiro sends a flock of tiny meteors into the corpse of the other, and gives Kio a sour look. Izumi and Kazuki have no targets within range, and wait.

Exachix
2007-03-21, 02:24 PM
Exachix hmms and looks around, not wanting to waste his stored spell on one nearby enemy.

((And how big is the castle? Width and Heightwise))

Karsen smiles and jumps to stab the other close one.

Deadly
2007-03-21, 02:27 PM
Deadly grins and charges the two that slowed down, trying to rip them apart with his claws.

Kio draws her holy sword and charges the one nearest to her, jumping down from the wall if that's necessary.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 02:31 PM
(( grr... map's at home. Not huge, but not tiny. I think the walls are around 100 feet on a side (inside), and the gap is 25 feet or so to the keep ))

Exachix
2007-03-21, 02:35 PM
((Okaydokay... just wanted to know to know how far my spell would reach.))

Fenric
2007-03-21, 02:50 PM
Deadly's claws are parried by an evil black sword. The two sets of enchantments spark and sizzle, and the DK is forced back. His companion swings a might slash at Deadly's side.

The nearest remaining are charging up. Kio attacks the one that had been shot by Karl the round previous. The other suddenly finds itself torn to shreds by two sets of razor-sharp shadow tentacles from Kazuki and Izumi.

Krystal and Yoshiro grumble about not having a clear shot, and prepare spells to bash down the door to the keep instead.

Karl's abilities are more precise, and he shoots the one facing Kio again.

Exachix
2007-03-21, 02:54 PM
Exachix, still hasted, runs towards the next nearest 'group' and releases his spell of Cure Serious Wounds, Mass.

Karsen looks around, and stands near Krystal and Yoshiro, dagger ready.

Deadly
2007-03-21, 02:54 PM
Deadly doesn't even bother to avoid the hit and just continues his attack on the Death Knight, his eyes glowing deep red as he grins madly

Kio spins around in a flurry of slashes at the Death Knight.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 04:20 PM
Deadly's mad slashes don't do so well against the ancient skill of the Death Knight. He adopts a defensive posture to keep Deadly busy while the second hacks away.

Kio manages to hit just as Exachix' spell sears into the knight. He roars and unleashes hi Power Word: Kill on Kio and Exachix (( If you have 90 HP or less [and lack a Death Ward] you die: no save - I think you're both ok, though ))

Krystal and Yoshiro Blast the door: Yoshrio Disjoins it, and Krystal uses an enhanced Bigby's Fist spell to pound it to splinters. The spectres and wraiths inside hiss and moan at the invasion of sunlight into their domain.

Deadly
2007-03-21, 04:25 PM
Kio continues her attacks, her Death Ward negating the spell

Deadly grins and breathes a cone of acid at the two Death Knights ((BotBD (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/breathoftheBlackDragon.htm)))

Exachix
2007-03-21, 04:25 PM
((:smalleek: Actually...
5d4+5d8+10d4
maxed = 100
Average (which is what I've taken) = 50,
Even with a con bonus of +3 I would die at that point....
Bah! I'll just take max and stick with it. I survive... Just))

Exachix winces but survives. He casts Flame Arrow at him.

Karsen smiles at the wraiths and Spectres, and moves to stand between them and the two mages.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 04:33 PM
The last DK near Kio and Exy collapses in a heap.

The ones fighting Deadly howl in pain and rage at the acid (close, but not quite enough. Their armor is toast, their swords are fine)

Kazuki chuckles and Turns the assorted undead. Many are blasted to dust, the rest flee deep into the castle. The entrance lies open and seemingly undefended.

Deadly
2007-03-21, 04:34 PM
...Many are blasted to dust, the rest flee deep into the castle.....

((Does that include the Death Knights?))

Fenric
2007-03-21, 04:37 PM
(( No. Death Knights are a bit too nasty to just turn. They're almost dead, though... ))

Deadly
2007-03-21, 04:40 PM
Deadly sends a wave of Sonic energy at the two DKs.

Kio turns into globe form and sends two rays of light at any surviving DKs while floating towards the group

Exachix
2007-03-21, 04:41 PM
Exy breaths a sigh of relief and smiles, before firing off a Magic Missile at any remaining Death Knights.

Karsen look around.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 04:46 PM
That's more than enough. The last two knights are dead, and the doorless entry to the keep proper stands empty.

(( And given the time, I won't be posting here again until I get back home ))

Exachix
2007-03-21, 04:48 PM
Exachix nodds and re-casts Haste. As well as Prayer, Sanctuary, Blur, Blink, Bless, and Mage Armour.

((Bah. Got to go. Goodnight to you both.))

Deadly
2007-03-21, 04:49 PM
Kio returns to her human form and walks over to the door.

Deadly shrinks back to normal size and grins as he's surrounded by black flames, his flesh and skin burning away, leaving only the bones and an eerie red light in his eye sockets. "Burn the lich!"

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 07:05 PM
An out of continuity Phoenix and Phoenixineohp appear next to the group, both looking like a pair of black mambas on the ground.

Aww, you guys started without us?
"Least they took care of that round of defense. I'm sure that there will be plenty left for us."

Fenric
2007-03-21, 07:35 PM
Kazuki grins at the Phoenixes

We just didn't want to bore you, ladies. It was nothing more than a half-dozen death knights and a nest of spectres and wraiths. The latter didn't even want to stay around and admire the exquisite carving on my holy symbol.

Krystal smiles warmly

Hey you two! You have to come see the kits when this is done!

Izumi also manages a smile, when a harsh voice speaks out of the darkness in front

Enough of this foolish banter. Ishi, take the firebirds. Lindorana, put an end to those wretched casters. Kyrian, kill their priests. Randan, foil their magic. Put an end to them all: the master commands.

(( Kyrian is mirror-little-Kyrian, who never changed his name ))

Alton's plans laid, Kazuki's side lines up somewhat differently. Karl and Krystal head toward Lindorarna, while Izumi and Kazuki advance on Randan. Yoshiro and Exachix grin maliciously as they advance on Kyrian. Karsen shrugs at Px and Pxp, draws his dagger, and leaps at Ishi-bashok to see what spells he can steal.

Deadly
2007-03-21, 07:39 PM
((Aww, and I have to leave... :( That's unfair. Oh well, goodnight, and try to save something for me :)))

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 08:01 PM
"Darn, how did he guess it was us?" Mamba Phoenixineohp says in a joking manor to Phoenix. If it were possible Mamba Phoenix responds with a shrug and a smile before shifting to her normal form. Phoenixineohp follows suit and both girls put their fires up.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 08:16 PM
Ishi-bashok causes a blast of air to hurl Karsen off to the side, and he activates the "Flame Quench" over the Phoenixes.

Lindorarna gives herself epic spell resistance.

Randan sets up a zone of unweaving, which will tear spells apart.

Kyrian summons a pit fiend.

Karl and Krystal blast out with an Energy Ray(negative) and a Enhanced/Enhanced/Penetrating Magic missiles at Lindorarna.

Izmui and Kazuki send the razor-sharp shadow tendrils at Randan

Yoshiro pounds Kyrian with magic meteors while Exachix banishes the pit fiend.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 08:27 PM
"What was that?!?"
No usual fire. Shock.
"What?!?"
SHOCK HIM!

Phoenix sends a arch of Chain Lighting to hit Ishi first, then continue on to the rest of the opposition.

Phoenixineohp, still a little confused, casts Fireball.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 08:38 PM
Ishi bats away the lightning and fire with a grin.

So many elements? Why limit self to those?

Ishi-bashok summons an area of Vacuum around Phoenix, and an area of Minerals around Pxp.

Lindorana and Randan are both surprised when non-magical attacks slice right through their wards. Randan is ground into hamburger by the razor-sharp shadow tentacles, while Lindorarna has at least some protection and manages to stay alive. She retaliates with a Finger of Death at Karl.

Alton gasps as the unweaver is destroyed, and summons destructive energies to flood into Kazuki and Izumi.

Kyrian's demon disappears with a pop, and he suffers a serious meteor pounding. He puts a fire-storm over Yoshiro and Exachix.

Karsen picks himself up and runs back up behind Ishi-bashok.

Karl's Death Ward renders the finger of death pointless. He raises both guns and fires at Lindorarna's head. Krystal treats her to another round of missiles.

Izumi and Kazuki find themselves occupied with not being destroyed by disrupting the energy, and don't manage to attack Alton this round.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 08:45 PM
Phoenixineohp looks around and quickly teleports to several feet behind Ishi. As soon as she appears she casts Binding.

Phoenix laughs inside her vacuum but follows Phoenixineohp and teleports out. She appears next to her friend as she casts Hideous Laughter.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 08:55 PM
The weaver of the arcane's head fairly explodes from bullets and missiles.

Yoshiro and Exachix are scorched, and retaliate with a prismatic spray and a lightningbolt at Kyrian.

Alton snarls and continues trying to destroy Izumi and Kazuki.

Ishi-bashok looks surprised as he is forced to laugh. Karsen leaps up and stabs him, stealing a fairly substantial spell list. The laughing weaver demonstrates his lack of need for speech by plopping a vast quantity of Ooze over the Px's and Karsen.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 09:03 PM
With their fire up and ooze that lands directly on them burns away instantly. The girls carefully walk away from the glob and get to fresh ground before casting their next round.

Phoenix reaches out her hand as a black streak shoots towards Ishi. If it lands on him, it wraps him like a cloud and starts to seep in, causing intense and possibly crippling pain.

Phoenixineohp casts Finger of Death.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 09:13 PM
Karsen's fur is badly gummed up in the ooze, and he struggles to keep his head above it. He receives relief as Karl and Krystal fish him out.

Kyrian is turned to an insane statue as he fails against two beams of the spray. Yoshi and Exy turn to face Alton.

Kazuki looks at Izumi "I love you", and takes all the energy himself. Izumi snarls and pulls through her channel. Both foxes scream in agony as the destructive energy flows through their souls and is attuned to ultimately destructive shadow, which then blasts toward the stunned Alton.

Ishi-bashok manages to fail his save again (dang, what is it with you folks lately?) and collapses in pain. The Finger of Death hits a Negative Plane Protection and does nothing.

Phoenix and Phoenixineohp get hit by a magically enhanced Energy Ray (cold) from behind (( Enhanced spell resistance penetration, 30d4 damage save for half )) as mirror-Krystal steps out.

Keep me in reserve, hmmm? Fat lot of good it did. I don't think I'd like to die, though.

She twists a ring on her finger, and disappears.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 09:26 PM
Phoenixineohp lets out a short scream as she is hit by the cold. Her fire gets thicker as she tries to deal with the pain. A pair of daggers fly out from her belt over to Ishi, hopefully landing in his neck and heart.

Phoenix grits her teeth as the cold hits her. A intense wave of pain radiates out from her core, coupled with a blast of fire. She looks to Ishi, her eyes burning red, as everyone on her side of the fight hears her voice in their heads.

Close your eyes now!

She waits a split second before casting Sunburst.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 09:32 PM
Many pairs of fox eyes snap shut.

Ishi is doubled over in pain, his heart is really not accessible to a dagger. I'll give you 1 to 5 on 1d20 to hit a kidney... 8, sorry. I'll give the one for his neck 1 to 10 to hit a vein... 4. He begins to bleed profusely. He's not looking, so he's not blind.

Kazuki and Izumi collapse to the ground: The other foxes all run over to them.

The throne-room doors burst open and Kalzarath himself comes out.

WRETCHED BIRDS, TO COME AGAINST ME TWICE! NOW FEEL MY WRATH AS YOU FREEZE FOR ALL ETERNITY

Kalzarath triggers an elemental weave, and the antechamber is cut off utterly from the elemental plane of fire. The temperature plummets rapidly and everyone feels their bodies slowing as the heat they depend on drains away.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 09:51 PM
The telekinetic daggers make another attempt to slit his neck, before they fall to the ground as all of Phoenixineohp's concentration is spent trying to keep her fire going around her.

Phoenix grins as she clenches her teeth, her eyes blazing, and her fire bursting out stronger.

You have greatly underestimated me! I am no bird, but a daughter of the One!

She reaches around to her back and seems to rip a piece of her flesh off. As she does it transforms into a 20 foot whip made of her own fire. She lashes out at Kalzarath, aiming the whip to take his feet out from under him.

Bow before me, you miserable waste of my time! Bow!

Fenric
2007-03-21, 09:59 PM
Ishi quietly and cowardly bleeds to death, regardless of any further slicing.

A strange glowing ghostly form appears and merges with Kalzarath, which causes him to stumble and his weave to fail utterly.

What!?!? I'm alive again?

He looks at Phoenix and her whip in abject terror. His legs are snatched from beneath him, and he falls to the ground hard; feeling pain for the first time in two thousand years.

The kits are not looking as they disintegrate Kaz and Izumi, having already felt their father's messages. They look up in time to catch the utterly horrified and stunned look on Fendran's face.

Oh look.... it's Fendran!
Who thinks he'll suffer more alive than dead?

Exy, Karsen, and Yoshiro all raise their hands. Krystal and Yoshi both Hold Person on the cowardly fox, then pry his eyelids open so he can watch Phoenix vivisect his master. Exy, Karsen, Yoshiro, and Karl all run inside to rescue the three prisoners.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 10:12 PM
Phoenixineohp stands and shakes herself off, letting her fire go down to a small, thin coating. She walks over to Phoenix, her eyes shining, an excited smile on her face. She stops and stands next to her friend, content to let her finish him however she pleases.

Phoenix's eyes glow even brighter as her grin spreads. She lashes out with her whip, coiling it around his neck and pulling it tight.

Not for long sadly, as we shall finish what we started. Destroying you again has been a pleasure.
It's always nice when I get to use a variety of means.

She tugs on the whip again as the fire starts to burn into him, eating away at his neck while choking him at the same time.

Burn.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 10:14 PM
Kalzarath's hands fly to the choking, burning whip, only to have his hands fried as well. The evil elf, destroyer of so many, gibbers and gurgles in anguished pain.

Krystal points out the more salient points to the immobile Fendran.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 10:17 PM
The pair smile at the completion of their task. Phoenixineohp whispers something into Phoenix's ear as they keep watching Kalzarath's suffering.

As the fire eats into him, spreading down his body, Phoenix gives another tug, tightening the coils and the pressure to make up for the burned tissue.

Fenric
2007-03-21, 10:21 PM
Kalzarath's head pops cleanly off, blood held fast by the cauterized tissue.

Krystal smiles and releases Fendran, who disappears in an anguished wail. Karl, Yoshiro, Exachix, Karsen, Kio, and Deadly (whom I forgot before) come running out carrying mirror-Fenric, mirror-Kirana, and mirror-Fendran.

They are followed by a small army of evil cultists.

Love to stay but... gotta run.

The group releases a Word of Recall and disappears to the Temple. The enraged cultists turn to the phoenixes in madness and rage.

phoenixineohp
2007-03-21, 10:31 PM
The girls nod at each other and let their fires go down completely. Phoenix drops her whip as they stand there, hardly moving and not countering the attack. The cultists rip into them, a heaving mass of anger focused on the two still figures.

From outside the castle a blast similar to that of an atomic bomb can be heard going off. The sound wave tears through the mountains and into the surrounding area.

The center of the blast seems to be inside the castle, or what was the castle, as now the entire compound is little more than rubble.

Approaching from far off, a small flying figure carrying something goes to land in the center of the mess before disappearing.

Rebonack
2007-03-21, 11:20 PM
From outside the castle a blast similar to that of an atomic bomb can be heard going off. The sound wave tears through the mountains and into the surrounding area.

The center of the blast seems to be inside the castle, or what was the castle, as now the entire compound is little more than rubble.

((Like this (http://reallylose.ytmnd.com/)?))

phoenixineohp
2007-03-22, 12:47 AM
((Umm... well, like part of it, yes. Interesting link. What movie is that from?))

Rebonack
2007-03-22, 12:51 AM
((Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory and Terminator 2, respectively. I had intended to use it for a visual aid in case Maph'tey ever used Continuum Nova, but I couldn't resist this opportunity.))

phoenixineohp
2007-03-22, 12:58 AM
(( It's pretty fitting, I must say. :P ))

Deadly
2007-03-22, 08:06 AM
((:frown: You didn't even save one evil cultist for me?))

Deadly appears in the scorched rubble of the castle and begins to cry while poking one of the charred corpses with the bone of another. He then glares evilly and points the bone at Dead Time "You! Die NOW!"

The giant rotting corpse of an antique grandfather clock rises from the depths of the earth with a hellish moan. Dead Time growls at Deadly as his friend, Timezones, rises behind him. Forming a circle around the three combatants, Continuity, Plot and all their friends gather to watch the fight.

Deadly grins "Less tickin', more kickin'!" The audience boos at how horrible that sounded and throws rotten tomatos at Deadly as the gong is sounded and the fight begins.

[Round #1]
Dead Time roars and sends shards of crystalized dead time at Deadly while Timezones shifts to a timezone in which he is standing right behind Deadly. Timezones then tries to smash Deadly into the ground. Deadly gets shredded by the crystals and smashed by Timezones as the crowd cheers and screams for blood.

[Round #2]
Deadly reappears in a swirl of black flames and throws a Muffin of Fiery Destruction at Dead Time. The muffin explodes with such destructive force that the entire mountains quake with terror. Dead Time roars in pain as his rotten wood is burned by the fire, and Timezones it thrown out of the ring by the shockwave.

[Round #3]
Dead Time sends a wave of dead time at Deadly to encase and stop him while Timezones crawls back into the ring and puts out his fire. Deadly grins as he's frozen in dead time. Another Deadly appears behind Dead Time and stabs him with the bone, which turns out to have once belonged to the dread lich Kalzarath as it sends a wave of pure destructive magic into the grandfather clock.

[Round #4]
Dead Time screams as his wood is splintered by the destructive magic of Kalzarath's Dread Bone. He summons a giant, razor sharp crystal of dead time and slashes it at Deadly. At the same time Timezones returns to the fight by sending waves of twisted time at Deadly. Poor Deadly is ripped apart in a bloody mess as the crowd cheers louder than ever before.

[Round #5]
Deadly rises in a sea of black flame and screams "ALL SHALL FALL BEFORE THE MUFFIN!" as he raises his claws to the blackened sky, summoning the Terror of the Black Dough. In a cloud of fiery smoke and eternal suffering the collossal, demonic muffin rises and smashes into the terrified Dead Time with such power that the gods themselves wince in pain as they watch. Timezones shivers in fear before sending shards of warped time at the muffin before him.

[Round #6]
The collossal muffin tears and rends Dead Time into a pile of rotten splinters before he is zoned out by Timezones to somewhere in another timezone. Deadly grins and throws the Dread Bone of Kalzarath at Timezones and it explodes in a burst of magical energy. The crowd boos loudly and throws poisonous tomatos at Deadly.

[Round #7]
Timezones screams in fury and sends a storm of warped time at Deadly. Once again the poor raccoon is torn apart in a shower of blood and bones to the sound of the crowd cheering wildly.

[Round #8]
Deadly appears in a burst of flames and charges Timezones with a mad scream, clawing wildly with black claws of Destruction. Timezones wails in pain as the claws cut him cleanly in three. Timezones collapses in a heap of broken clockwork as the crowd goes nuts.

Deadly grins and bows as he's showered in broken bottles, acid bombs and poison tomatos. He then sinks into a pool of black lava and is gone as the crowd pick up the corpses of their friends and disappear.

((Aaaah! That helped! :biggrin:))

AmberVael
2007-03-22, 08:08 AM
((I get an extremely bad feeling that Deadly is going to duel with the Dancing Man some day...))

Deadly
2007-03-22, 08:09 AM
((:biggrin:))

Fenric
2007-04-12, 01:19 PM

A shimmering portal appears on the spellweaver's floor, far beneath the devistation caused by the phoenixes.

Sarai, the hellhound pup, runs through, followed shortly after by Krystal.

Get back here at once!

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 01:19 PM
Sarai barks cheerfully, thinking that Krystal's playing with her and keeps her searching.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 01:21 PM
Krystal grumbles

When did "looting for power and profit" change into "chasing a hyperactive puppy" ???

Exachix
2007-04-12, 01:23 PM
Lorrian follows.

"Today."

She looks around.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 01:24 PM
Krystal! You forgot fun. It's one of the most important parts on looting!

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 01:24 PM
Conrad follows through. I'm so sorry, Krystal...

Fenric
2007-04-12, 01:25 PM
Krystal sighs

Gee, thanks.

As Kantur follows the puppy-chasing groups, he comes to a plaque reading "Fendran NorZilliar", and it clicks: it is exactly the same as the castle in Ravenloft.

Deadly
2007-04-12, 01:26 PM
Tenshin follows behind, looking around

Exachix
2007-04-12, 01:26 PM
Lorrian smiles and hmms.

"I wonder... nah."

She runs after Kantur.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 01:29 PM
Krystal stops and stomps, and starts casting Hold Monster

You're asking for it, young lady.

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 01:31 PM
Sarai is suddenly stopped by the spell. She barks and whines. Conrad follows the group to her.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 01:32 PM
Krystal shakes her head

Next time one of us tells you to stop and come back, do it on your own.

As soon as Conrad has Sarai picked up, Krystal will drop the spell.

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 01:36 PM
Conrad picks Sarai up and looks to Krystal. Again, I'm sorry. Sayuri's going to kill me for sure.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 01:42 PM
Krystal chuckles

She was the avatar of Ritual Torture and Ritual Sacrifice once upon a time. Must keep things interesting...

Krystal turns to the others.

Ok, here's what we've got.

These are the private chambers of the spellweavers. On the north side: mirror-Karl, Fendran, Randan, and Ishi-Bashok. On the south-side: Lindorarna, Elric, and mirror-Krystal. Alton is the big room at the end of the hall.

If you remember the last time we raided their hideout, Pxp had already taken or burned everything. She didn't get here this time around, so there's a pretty decent chance of loot. I am especially and particularly interested in their books. They were only here a few months, though, so the haul won't be as good as it might have been.

Krystal stretches her fingers

We're looking at mostly traps here, as they warded the level against undead (They didn't want their slaves to kill them in their sleep, don't you know.) There might be guardian golems, but since they actually lived here everything is going to be of the "unobtrusive unless activated" variety.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 01:44 PM
Lorrian chuckles and hmms.

"Unless they just teleported into their beds at night."

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 01:45 PM
Conrad nods and looks around.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 01:46 PM
Let's get started.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 01:47 PM
Lorrian nodds and smiles to Kantur.

"Where to first?"

Fenric
2007-04-12, 01:47 PM
mirror-Karl's room is quite disgusting, both visually and olfactorily. A not-quite-finished flesh golem rots quietly in the corner.

Ugh.

Deadly
2007-04-12, 01:57 PM
Tenshin looks in and winces a bit at the smell

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 01:59 PM
Conrad follows with Sarai in his arms.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 01:59 PM
Krystal's ears fold down

Search fast, so we can shut the door again.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 02:00 PM
Lorrian hmms and looks around for anything that may be good.

Deadly
2007-04-12, 02:02 PM
Tenshin is very tempted to disintegrate the rotting golem as she searches the place

Fenric
2007-04-12, 02:03 PM
There is a Flesh Golem Manual open on the table, and miscellaneous implements for constructing one worth about 20,000 gp. Cash in small coin totalling about 25 gold, And what appears to be his religious text on worshipping Evil itself. The book is insane drivel, and doesn't even have an evil aura. There are no traps.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 02:05 PM
Lorrian hmms and takes a quick look around, before sighing.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 02:27 PM
Such as there is is quickly gathered, and the door is shut.

Fortunately, he was the only *really* insane one. Let's go see what inheritance uncle Fendran left...

Krystal disables a shadowy ward on the door with a smirk, and steps inside.

Fendran's quarters are somewhat sparse. There are five volumes of standard shadow mysteries, and two of really basic shadow-weaving. There is a small metal box with black gemstones, and a coin purse with small coins worth about 30 gold total.

There is a locked chest at the foot of his bed, and a strange black lantern hanging on a hook on the wall.

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 02:29 PM
Sarai struggles in her fathers grip, wanting to sniff everything.

Deadly
Tenshin walks over to study the lantern more closely

Exachix
Lorrian hmms and goes over to the locked chest.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 02:34 PM
Kantur wanders over to the locked chest as well
Which one of us gets to open it?
He examines the chest for traps

Fenric
2007-04-12, 02:38 PM
The chest is trapped: there is a trap on the lock (DC 15), and a trap on the lid (DC 12). They use shadow-magic (which as far as I know, neither of them will recognize).

The lantern is a Lantern of Shadows, which illuminates things only for the one who carries it. For everyone else, it intensifies darkness.

Deadly
2007-04-12, 02:42 PM
Tenshin looks thoughtful as she turns her attention to the room in general

Kantur
2007-04-12, 02:43 PM
Now someone wanted to keep something protected...
He gets to work on disabling the traps.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 02:46 PM
Lorrian hmms.

"you"

((oops, just bit my lip. too hard. posting will be probably spelt wrong, and otherwise sluightly wrong))

Fenric
2007-04-12, 02:47 PM
(( Pop Quiz: Who remembers what special thing Fendran bought from the Omni Shop? ))

Tenshin doesn't see a whole lot else. The quilt and bedsheets probably cosst him a packet, but aren't worth much for resale, but there is a box under the bed. There are some robes and clothes in an unlocked and untrapped wardrobe, also of no significant value.

Deadly
2007-04-12, 02:48 PM
Tenshin pulls out the box from under the bed and examines it more closely

Fenric
2007-04-12, 02:50 PM
It is a plain wooden box, old and battered, with an ill-fitting lid tied on with age-yellowed twine.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 02:52 PM
Kantur moves onto opening the chest itself, unlocking it first if it's locked obviously.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 02:55 PM
The lock is easily enough picked, and the lid opens.

Inside is a cloak of protection +3, of the shadows; a shortsword that fairly tingles with magic; and a box with a gold ring in it. The ring-box is most notable for the OmniShop logo on the lid.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 02:56 PM
Lorrian smiles and grabs the box first.

"Mine!"

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 02:57 PM
Conrad and Sarai have to leave, as their player runs to work.

Deadly
2007-04-12, 02:58 PM
Tenshin carefully tries to open the box from under the bed

Kantur
2007-04-12, 03:00 PM
Kantur looks over the remaining items
Hmm, the sword'd be more tempting if I didn't have more than I need right now...
He whips the cloak around him and fastens it
How does it look?

Fenric
2007-04-12, 03:02 PM
The box that Tenshin has opens easily.

There is a small ring with the NorZilliar family crest as would fit a child, a picture of a human woman with long brown hair and green eyes, and a very old battered looking diary.

The question of how Kantur looks is somewhat difficult to define, as he becomes vague and difficult to see. (( It's somewhat like "Blink", only with the plane of shadows instead of the ethereal plane. ))

Exachix
2007-04-12, 03:03 PM
Loorian hmms.

"Good! weird though."

She looks in her ring-box and hmms at the ring.

((blink and blurr at the same time is fun =) ))

Deadly
2007-04-12, 03:06 PM
Tenshin picks up the picture of the woman and studies it Hmm, this seems rather personal

Kantur
2007-04-12, 03:06 PM
Wierd? I'll remember that when it's your birthday...
He sticks his tongue out at her

Exachix
2007-04-12, 03:11 PM
Lorrian smiles to him.

"Can you work out what this is?"

Kantur
2007-04-12, 03:16 PM
Beyond 'a ring'? I doubt it, I'm not too great at identifying things without trying them first...

Exachix
2007-04-12, 03:18 PM
Lorrian sighs.

"No 'identify' spell?"

Kantur
2007-04-12, 03:21 PM
Not unless you've got a scroll on you. I've only ever studied scrolls and wands, some minor shadow magic and divine magic.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 03:23 PM
Lorrian sighs and looks at Krystal.

"Errand? Urm... do you have an Identify or something?"

Fenric
2007-04-12, 03:48 PM
Krystal chuckles and casts Identify then whistles.

He had the time to make another one of those weapons, did he? But we may need to talk about that ring, Lorrian.

Krystal shakes her head

I wonder how much he paid the Gent? Regardless: the sword is +4, and has Fendran's "true death" enchantment on it: if you deal a fatal blow with it, the victim cannot be resurrected through normal means.

The ring, however, is a Ring of Wizardry which doubles all nine spell levels.

(( It's Fendran's mother. The diary, if read, sheds some light on why things are the way they are. And this is OOC because Tenshin didn't read it yet. ))

Exachix
2007-04-12, 03:50 PM
Lorrian goes ooh.

"Ooh. All spell levels? Arcane and Divine?"

((Fen, did Fendren get a Ring of Wizardry from the Omnishop?))

Fenric
2007-04-12, 03:52 PM
(( Why yes, he did buy a ring of wizardry from the OmniShop! ))

Krystal shakes her head

Just arcane magic, not divine.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 03:55 PM
I'm sure Exachix could make good use of it though. And just imagine how much he'd owe you for that gift.
He grins at her, though his eyes occasionally slip back to the sword having heard it's abilities.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 03:57 PM
Lorrian smiles.

"Oh, a fair amount. I could just give it to him. 'though if it did divine I'm sure he'd adore it. Or I could give it to Krystal here and he'd be ever so unhappy."

((Not divine? Shame.))

Deadly
2007-04-12, 03:59 PM
Dead Time decides to attack Tenshin as her player leaves. As such she doesn't get to read the diary, just puts the box with it down on the bed before being engulfed

Fenric
2007-04-12, 04:01 PM
(( What would Fendran have done with something that amplified divine levels? This isn't just something I made up right now - he really did buy that. Vael chimed in with the price [2 million or so, IIRC] ))

Krystal wanders over to the box that Tenshin put down and looks through it. She puzzles at the picture and frowns at the ring, then she reads the diary. After a very short time, her ears fold down.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 04:03 PM
((Well, I know it's real. It was a question of actual curiousity. Would it do that. Seems the awnser's no.))

Lorrian looks over.

"What's the matter?"

Kantur
2007-04-12, 04:04 PM
Something up Krystal?
He asks as he picks up the swords and examines it closely

Fenric
2007-04-12, 04:05 PM
Krystal winces

Dad... wasn't very nice... to Fendran.

She indicates the picture

That's Fendran's mother... a human. Dad, Zak, Ran, and Yectas' mom was an elf. The older kids apparently really harassed Fendran and Thonar, eventually driving them away. Thonar became a druid and Fendran...

Krystal trails off.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 04:06 PM
Lorrian goes 'oh'.

"That explains a bit."

Fenric
2007-04-12, 04:10 PM
Krystal nods slowly.

Grab the stuff and let's move on. I'd rather not stay in this room longer.

Krystal puts the diary and the picture back in the box with the small signet ring, and leaves it on the bed. Then she heads out to the next room.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 04:13 PM
Kantur leans back against a nearby wall at the revelation before heading out of the room after Krystal, tucking the sword into his belt.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 04:16 PM
Lorrian nodds and follows Krystal.

"Krys! You may as well take the ring, you'll get more use anyway."

She smiles and holds the ring our for her.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 04:18 PM
Krystal looks at Lorrian with eyes both sad and grateful

Thanks... Don't forget the lantern.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 04:19 PM
Lorrian smiles, gives her and hug and goes back for the lantern.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 04:24 PM
Randan's door defies Krystal's magic, which is not surprising considering his specialty.

Time to warm up your lock-picking fingers, Kantur: this one's mechanical, ugly, and magic-resistant.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 04:26 PM
Lorrian looks at the door.

"Are we comming back here at all? We could bash it down."

Kantur
2007-04-12, 04:26 PM
Kantur cracks his knuckles as he examines the lock, searching for traps.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 04:28 PM
There is a poison dart trap waiting by the first tumbler, but it seems to be integrated into the second such that if it is too invasively removed, the second tumbler will become inoperative. The lock seems to have six altogether, each dependant on the last, and any failure will reward Kantur with a dart at unpleasantly close range.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 04:41 PM
Ugh.

Kantur looks at the lock before stretching his limbs and getting started.

To save some time:
1d20+22=36 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=971471)
1d20+22=36 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=971472)
1d20+22=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=971473)
1d20+22=35 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=971477)
1d20+22=25 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=971483)
1d20+22=37 (http://invisiblecastle.com/find.py?id=971485)

Fenric
2007-04-12, 04:50 PM
(( Oh... +22? You couldn't actually fail. Each tumbler is only DC 18 ))

The lock clicks with a pleasant chiming sound, and the door opens freely.

Randan was a red wizard of Thay before becoming involved with the lich, and it shows. The room is decorated lavishly in red silks with gold embroidery. His bed is an ornate round thing with many pillows, and there is a stunningly well stocked mini-bar next to it.

Brass rings set into the stone indicate that not all his pursuits were tasteful, but Krystal ignores it all and stands drooling in front of his bookshelf. She pulls out a magic notepad (also from the OmniShop) and begins placing it on top of each book: the contents magically copying into her endless notebook.

Also of interest: two iron-bound chests, a strongbox, and a statue on a pedistal.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 04:51 PM
Lorrian darts over to a chest and looks at it for traps, before looking at Krystal.

"What have you found?"

Kantur
2007-04-12, 04:52 PM
Kantur heads for the mini-bar and looks inside.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 05:00 PM
(( Last post for a bit: it's time to go home. I should be back in half an hour or so. Though that's probably late enough for poor Exy. :smallbiggrin: ))

The mini-bar has some very expensive liqueurs in crystal decanters, a diamond flask of nectar (greek pantheon version), a vial of universal antidote, six bottles of hideously expensive wine (3 red, 3 white) and a set of glasses.

The first chest is not trapped, and contains red robes: Twenty-five size XXL red silk robes.

The second chest has an adamantite blade spring loaded in the gap between the lid and the chest, ready to slash your wrist if you try to open it. (DC 14) It has a padlock (DC 12).

Krystal grins

I told you: I want their books. Randan was a specialist un-weaver: he took magic-like effects apart.

Exachix
2007-04-12, 05:01 PM
((It's too late now even =)))

Lorrian smiles.

"I'm sure some dye later and our temple is 25 robes better off."

She looks at the other and falls to the curse all people fall to... NPC!

Kantur
2007-04-12, 05:03 PM
Kantur places the contents of the mini-bar into a bag of holding
You know, this reminds me of one time when I was in a really fancy inn...

Fenric
2007-04-12, 05:53 PM
Krystal chuckles

Really? How fascinating

Krystal finishes with the bookcase and looks at the statue.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 05:56 PM
Everybody does it...well, ok, maybe not stealing from the mini-bar...
He leaves the minibar behind and heads over to help Lorrian disarm and unlock the chest

Fenric
2007-04-12, 06:03 PM
Given his bonus, Kantur finds the chest "insufficiently secure", and gets to find a set of gold-plated handcuffs, sequeined underwear, a long whip, several potion bottles, and a few books describing things best not described on this forum.

Krystal arches her eyebrows at the statue and turns away from it with the stunned "Oooooohhhh..... Kayy........" look. She goes over and tries to open the strong box instead.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 06:08 PM
I wonder what Fenric's reaction to finding out about this would be...

Fenric
2007-04-12, 06:11 PM
Krystal chuckles

Dad would pretend to be morally offended, then run off to find Myobi and try the things in the books. I bet those are Philters of Love, by the way.

With a snap she relieves the box of it's lid. The spring that would have powered a small, poisoned blade to stab her flies across the room, and a shower of coins sprays out; bouncing and rolling around on the desk and floor.

oops.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 06:22 PM
Kantur chuckles
And he'd probably enjoy pretending to be morally offended too much...
Kantur picks up a book and idly flicks through it with slowly ever widening eyes.
If he felt the need to lock that container given the lock on the door, why did he even bother with such a pitiful lock? Though I can see why he wanted this container locked.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 06:47 PM
Krystal chuckles as she scoops up coins

You never met the guy, did you. He was pathetic.

Krystal whistles again

May be pathetic, but not so poor. That little box had a fair amount of money.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 06:52 PM
Nope, never did meet him.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 07:01 PM
Krystal finishes sweeping up about 800 gold worth of mixed coins.

You about done there? The next room should be good.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 07:03 PM
I will be in about ten seconds.
He throws the contents of the chest in the bag before realising how it looks
It's loot! It can be sold! Probably for a decent amount as well...

Fenric
2007-04-12, 07:05 PM
Krystal shakes her head, but gives Kantur a wink.

What some people will do for a gold piece. The place to sell it is called the Toss and Roll, it's not hard to find.

Krystal turns and heads out the door, to stand in front of the door to Ishi-bashok's room.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 07:09 PM
Kantur and Lorrian head out after her as Kantur mutters to himself
I'm not even going to ask how she knows that.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 07:30 PM
Krystal contemplates the strange looking door of the Weaver of the Elements' room.

I don't think he used the door.

She casts Passwall near the door, and a nice opening appears.

Huh.

Krystal walks in.

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 07:36 PM
If Ted doesn't mind, Conrad and Sarai appear again.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 07:37 PM
Nifty.
Kantur and Lorrian follow

Fenric
2007-04-12, 07:42 PM
(( I don't mind. You just missed the "interesting" room. ))

Inside the room, they find Krystal speechless, moving almost automatically. The room is everywhere crystals and precious metals. The Weaver of the Elements didn't have any expense to worry about: he summoned them directly.

Krystal holds up a book with diamond covers and pages of finely beaten platinum, touches it to her magic copying-book, and puts it on the pile of similar books resting on the floor in front of her.

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 07:46 PM
((If I get the chance later tonight, I'll read through it.))

Sarai sees the shinyness of the room and struggles against her father, who's forced to release her as she scratches him accidentally.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 07:48 PM
There doesn't seem to be much of anything in the room that isn't priceless. It is so ostentatious that there almost has to be a catch...

Krystal continues copying the books.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 07:49 PM
Kantur actually just stands there, open mouthed in shock at the riches in front of him.

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 07:50 PM
Sarai barks playfully.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 07:55 PM
Krystal copies the last book and looks up

Have you figured out the trap yet, Kantur?

Kantur
2007-04-12, 07:59 PM
Unusually, I think I walked straight into it. I wouldn't even know what I wanted to pick up first...

Fenric
2007-04-12, 08:02 PM
Krystal nods

The fascination he put on it is pretty strong: I've seen dragon hordes with less.

It is easy to imagine being stuck here staring until he returned to deal with you. Fortunately, that won't be happening.

Krystal sighs

This stuff will need some serious cleansing when we get out...

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 08:03 PM
Sarai starts to sniff around.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 08:05 PM
Kantur wanders around the room, looking at some of the items before putting some of them in his bag of holding.
And to think growing up in a noble family, as loose a term as that is, I thought I'd seen money...

Fenric
2007-04-12, 08:08 PM
Krystal stuffs these books into her bag of holding with a cheeky grin

This isn't money, Kantur: it's cheating. But it was someone else's cheating, so now we'll steal it and balance will be restored.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 08:12 PM
Good ol' balance...You do mean the same amount of gold in each pocket, right? :smallbiggrin:

Fenric
2007-04-12, 08:18 PM
Krystal nods as she peels a twisting vein of platinum from the wall.

And be sure to stuff all four corners of your bag of holding evenly.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 08:21 PM
I would, but I never fill it, you never know when it's going to lead to desperate decisions about what to get rid off for the priceless item you've just found...but the weight's always even in it. Or it would be if it weighed anything in the bag...

Fenric
2007-04-12, 08:24 PM
Krystal looks forlornly at sheets of crystal that have no hope of being removed.

I think it's time to be moving on... painful as it is.

Krystal heads toward the opening

And we have to decide whether to finish looting the unguarded rooms, or face whatever Alton put in his room.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 08:27 PM
What do you suspect's there?

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 08:29 PM
Conrad watches the two.

Fenric
2007-04-12, 08:31 PM
Krystal shrugs

Her predecessor had those caraytid things. Alton was a drow, though. I bet it's something spider-related.

Krystal chuckles as she heads through the opening

But I thought that was a rhetorical question: why fight when you can gather stuff without fighting?

Krystal heads out and crosses over to Lindorarna's room.

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 08:33 PM
Conrad gathers his daughter and follows her.

Kantur
2007-04-12, 08:33 PM
So you can grab the other loot easily on the way way?
He grins and follows Krystal as he falls into NPC mode.

((G'night all))

Fenric
2007-04-12, 08:41 PM
(( The great translucent word

PAUSE

Appears in the air. And remember, this is a PlayStation game. :wink: ))

Kyrian
2007-04-12, 08:42 PM
Sarai plays near the sideways triangular start button, but Conrad grabs her.

Exachix
2007-04-13, 01:45 AM
Lorrian hmms and tries to decorate the 'Pause' with flowers and patterns.

Fenric
2007-04-13, 10:04 AM
Sarai finally bumps "Start" and the giant word disappears.

Krystal stretches

Did we ever decide whether to search more, or to fight next?

Kantur
2007-04-13, 10:18 AM
No, I think we were still undecided

Fenric
2007-04-13, 10:31 AM
Krystal walks to the end of the room.

Let's have some action.

She inspects Alton's door, then frowns.

I'd swear there isn't even a lock...

Deadly
2007-04-13, 10:36 AM
Tenshin looks up as Dead Time decides to leave her alone.

Kantur
2007-04-13, 10:36 AM
In this place?

Fenric
2007-04-13, 10:40 AM
Krystal hmms.

I think opening the door at a distance might be a good idea.

Kantur
2007-04-13, 10:48 AM
I'd agree with that.

Deadly
2007-04-13, 10:50 AM
Tenshin nods and walks back a bit

Fenric
2007-04-13, 11:00 AM
Krystal steps back a good distance, and then catsst Telekinesis to open the door.

Nothing happens right away, then strange glinting compound eyes catch the light as they near the door.

Krystal shudders and begins a spell.

Spiders. Should have guessed that a drow would keep pet spiders in his bedroom.

Deadly
2007-04-13, 11:07 AM
Tenshin narrows her eyes and sends five ice missiles at the spiders, one/spider if there are that many I'll never understand drow.

Kantur
2007-04-13, 11:08 AM
Kantur looks at the spiders as he casts Greater Command
Fall.

Fenric
2007-04-13, 11:16 AM
Tenshin's and Kantur's spells suffer an odd fate as they approach the pair of chittering monstrosities: the spells seem to unravel into glistening threads that sparkle and flail about before disappearing.

Krystal's eyes go a bit wide.

Oh...

She finishes her spell anyway, sending razor-sharp tendrils of shadow in an attempt to shred a spider, only to have them similarly disrupted.

Protected pet spiders. Fine, if the target is protected, cast the spell somewhere that isn't!

Krystal takes several steps back while preparing another spell.

Kyrian
2007-04-13, 11:16 AM
Sarai barks and swipes a paw at a spider.

Kantur
2007-04-13, 11:20 AM
Kantur draws his usual sword and a rapier, charging at the spiders.

((I'm going to have to disappear, work calls *sigh*))

Deadly
2007-04-13, 11:21 AM
Tenshin stands back and watches, considering the situation

Fenric
2007-04-13, 01:13 PM
Krystal barks out a command, and jagged stone spikes shoot from the ceiling and floor like gigantic teeth on the spider to the right. While the unweaving aura shreds the spell, the stone is real and squishes the thing, leaving a pile of rubble.

Krystal gives a triumphant laugh

Yes, yes, shred my spell: but it's to late to stop the very real stone from getting you!

The other spider menaces Tenshin.

Deadly
2007-04-13, 01:19 PM
Tenshin backs away a bit and manifests a Swarm of Crystals (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/swarmofCrystals.htm) at the spider, hoping that the unweaving won't affect the summoned crystals.

Fenric
2007-04-13, 01:24 PM
The crystals to bad things to the spider, leaving it blind and badly wounded. Kantur finishes it off easily.

Krystal grins

Glad to see that tradition lived on.

(( The weavers' main weakness was a near total blindness to all things psionic. They had just brought mirror-Krystal on, but it hadn't been long enough yet: Alton's protections would have blocked most magic and magic like effects, but not psionics or either of Vael's alternates. ))

Deadly
2007-04-13, 01:27 PM
((Tenshin's missiles from first round were psionic as well. Not that it matters now, though :) Psionics are pretty much her only offensive power, her priest spells are almost entirely healing.))

Tenshin tries not to look at the spider too much Tradition?

Fenric
2007-04-13, 01:40 PM
(( Oops... sorry. ))

Krystal grins

Kalzarath was a werefox. Werefoxes as a rule hate psionics. Kalzarath's minions, therefore, didn't have any real abilities along those lines.

Krystal goes over to the door and peers in, then frowns.

Oh look... their other great fascination: mushrooms

Deadly
2007-04-13, 01:42 PM
Tenshin chuckles and looks in as well As long as they are not myconids, or otherwise alive.

Fenric
2007-04-13, 01:51 PM
Krystal tilts her head

Is there any easy way to tell from here?

Deadly
2007-04-13, 01:54 PM
I'm no expert on mushrooms, but I could try reading their minds. If they are intelligent I should be able to know.

Fenric
2007-04-13, 02:00 PM
Krystal nods

That's a good idea.

(( There is a myconid near the wall, and a violet shrieker near the door[/color]

Deadly
2007-04-13, 02:03 PM
Tenshin nods and reaches out to find any mental presence. She finds the myconid and shrieker, and relates the information to Krystal. As could be expected, really

Fenric
2007-04-13, 02:08 PM
Krystal frowns

One of those miserable screaming things? Ick. Hrm... I can't cast Sunray, that's the easiest way to deal with fungus.

Krystal contemplates other options for a moment, then gives up and casts Disintegrate at the shrieker. This wakes the Myconid.

Deadly
2007-04-13, 02:12 PM
Tenshin quickly manifests Recall Agony (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/recallAgony.htm) at the myconid

Fenric
2007-04-13, 02:18 PM
(( That's a dreadful thing to do. ))

The Myconid would scream if it was capable of it. Instead, it wiggles around for a bit, then flops over.

Krystal arches an eyebrow

Effective.

Krystal then heads inside the dark room. The room seems to diminish light, and Krystal sighs.

Drow.

Deadly
2007-04-13, 02:23 PM
((I guess, but so is making their head explode or burning them alive :)))

Tenshin winces at the myconid and remembers why that particular power is not on her list of regularly used powers. She then follows Krystal into the room and looks around.

Fenric
2007-04-13, 02:32 PM
Aside from being made either of stone or mushroom, the furniture is reasonably normal. There is a statue of Lloth in a corner, and a Piwafi hanging from a peg. If he had any nifty magic items, he must have had them with him in the fight because there is nothing obvious to be found. A reasonable amount of coin is to be found, totalling 350 gold pieces. There is also a small box of spell-component quality gems, mostly black opals. There are no chests or containers in obvious sight.

Krystal starts copying books right away.

Deadly
2007-04-13, 02:35 PM
Tenshin decides to take the gems, or some of them if anyone else wants some too. She then turns to search the room more closely for hidden things.

Fenric
2007-04-13, 02:41 PM
(( Krystal wants some opals. Always nice to cast the 2nd edition Death spell :smallwink: ))

Kyrstal finishes with the books and looks around. She scowls at the statue

Spiders are fun to step on.

This seems to be a command word, because a section of wall slides aside with a grating noise.

Krystal arches an eyebrow

Well, well, well...

Deadly
2007-04-13, 02:45 PM
Tenshin turns and looks at the opening Nice.

Fenric
2007-04-13, 02:48 PM
(( And the mysteries within have to wait until tonight, 'cause I have a meeting. Bye for now. ))

Exachix
2007-04-15, 01:20 PM
Lorrian smiles as the mystery 'Pause' Appears, and she starts to decorate it again.

Kantur
2007-04-15, 01:37 PM
Kantur examines the pause sign
Wait, does this mean I'm nothing more than an imaginary character, controlled by some higher being on a whim?
((No...Of course not. Now be quiet and be paused.))
Oh, ok.
He continues to examine the sign