PDA

View Full Version : Help picking a draconic race

Odin456
2013-12-29, 08:06 PM
So I'm joining a new campaign soon and the dm has set that everyone must be a draconic or lizard man race also +1 la are negated. What I really want to know is what are my options? As until we all meet I have no idea what race or class everyone else is playing. I'm allready aware of kobolds dragon wrought ones too, lizardmen, draconic templated and spellscales so anything else would greatly appreciated!

Kaje
2013-12-29, 08:08 PM
Dragonborn can be tacked onto any other race. You keep ability adjustments, movement modes, and subtypes, but lose anything else from your former race. I love Dragonborn Warforged. You get to be a ROBOT DRAGON!

Odin456
2013-12-29, 08:10 PM
Thanks for the rapid reply! I forgot to mention the dm outright banned dragonborn for this particular campaign something to do with the dragon gods in it or something.

Greenish
2013-12-29, 08:15 PM
The Rilkans and Skarns of MoI are 0 LA somewhat-scaley humanoids. Poison Dusk Lizardfolk (MMIII, if my memory serves) has quite nice stats and +1 LA with no RHD.

Savage Species has the Anthropomorphic Lizard, as well as Reptilian template, the latter sadly having +2 LA. Chameleon template from Underdark should also get a lizardy wibe going with just +1 LA.

Finally, there were the Saurian Shifters in one of the Dragon Mags (I forget the issue), which should also fit the bill.

Vhaidara
2013-12-29, 09:41 PM
Thanks for the rapid reply! I forgot to mention the dm outright banned dragonborn for this particular campaign something to do with the dragon gods in it or something.

If you can bs it, you could try getting the draconic template onto a warforged...

animewatcha
2013-12-29, 10:10 PM
So I'm joining a new campaign soon and the dm has set that everyone must be a draconic or lizard man race also +1 la are negated. What I really want to know is what are my options? As until we all meet I have no idea what race or class everyone else is playing. I'm allready aware of kobolds dragon wrought ones too, lizardmen, draconic templated and spellscales so anything else would greatly appreciated!

What about taking the dragonblooded feat ( gives dragonblood subtype ) and calling any race you picked as a 'draconic race' for creation standards?

PraxisVetli
2013-12-29, 10:16 PM
Poison Dusk Lizardfolk (MMIII, if my memory serves) has quite nice stats and +1 LA with no RHD.

I vote this.
Massive fan of Poison Dusks.
And it is MMIII, pg 96 I believe.

Odin456
2013-12-30, 04:43 AM
Thanks for all the info everyone! I'm liking the poison dusk atm but going by how the rest of my party chooses classes I'll most likely be left with either ranged, Mage or healer to fill most likely healer as the woman who normally plays healer in our group actually bitches about having to heal everyone! So I think I'll lessen the earache and rants lol

Asrrin
2013-12-30, 01:06 PM
White Dragonspawn is a +1 LA template that gives you a sorcerer caster level and is very nice if you want to go sorcerer. Combine it with a Dragonwrought Kobold witht he Greater Draconic Rite for another +1 caster level and you can end up as a 3rd level sorcerer casting at ECL 1.

animewatcha
2013-12-31, 09:12 AM
slight sidenote since white dragonspawn was mentioned and I accidently necro'ed a thread ( fixed it ).

"So white dragonspawn human/half-elf has LA 1 while everyone else winds up with LA 2 (as an abomination)?"