PDA

View Full Version : Zinc Saucier XX: stay thirsty my friends

dysprosium
2013-12-29, 08:20 PM
Welcome one and all to the twentieth Zinc Saucier challenge, where Playgrounders come to test their skill in the art of beautiful and bizarre (and bizarrely beautiful) builds, summoning a savory dish of superb swordplay and sublime sorcery.

The challenge? To come up with a build that has the same abilities and feel as the Secret Ingredient WITHOUT actually using it!

For the twentieth challenge, get ready to spread the power of thirst to victory, from the Sandstorm it's the Walker in the Waste

Our challengers will have about 2 weeks to build a complete build up to Effective Character Level 20 using a 32 point buy and all official WOTC D&D 3.5 materials (excluding dragon magazine, but including any WOTC online enhancements) with the abilities and feel of a Walker in the Waste without actually using any levels in it.

Entries must be submitted by Sunday, 11:59pm GMT, 12 January, 2014. Extended to Monday 11:59pm GMT, 13 January, 2014. As usual, please submit your entries via private message to the chairman, so as not to influence the other sauciers.

Judges will then have until Sunday, 11:59pm GMT, 26 January, 2014, to post scores for all dishes.

Contestants will be judged and awarded a score out of 5 in each of 4 categories;

* Innovation (Uniqueness in character concept, race, class, etc)
* Power (How powerful and versatile it is compared to the base class)
* Elegance (What can only be described as how well the build "flows", i.e not using lots of 1-2lv dips, sacrificing flavour for power or using flaws)
* Ingredient (How well the build captures the abilities and feel of the base class)

Presentation would be best in the style of how the iron chef does their presentations, however any style is allowed so long as it is clear on how the build was made.

Recommended style:NAME OF ENTRY
{table=head]Level|Class|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Skills|Feats|Class Features

1st|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities

2nd|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

3rd|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

4th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

5th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

6th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

7th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

8th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

9th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

10th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

11th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

12th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

13th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

14th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

15th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

16th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

17th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

18th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

19th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

20th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities[/table]

Copy and Paste:NAME OF ENTRY
{table=head]Level|Class|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Skills|Feats|Class Features

1st|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

2nd|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

3rd|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

4th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

5th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

6th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

7th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

8th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

9th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

10th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

11th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

12th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

13th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

14th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

15th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

16th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

17th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

18th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

19th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|

20th|New Class Level|
+x|
+x|
+x|
+x|Skills|New Feats|New Class Abilities[/table]

For entries with spellcasting, use the following table for Spells per day and Spells Known. (Spells Known only if necessary, i.e. Sorcerer or Bard, but not Wizard or Warmage). For other systems (Psionics, ToB, Incarnum, etc.) keep track of PP/maneuvers/essentia separately, preferably in a nice neat list, similar to this:
Spells per day/Spells Known
{table=head]Level|0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th|7th|8th|9th

1st|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

2nd|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

3rd|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

4th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

5th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

6th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

7th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

8th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

9th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

10th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

11th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

12th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

13th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

14th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

15th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

16th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

17th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

18th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

19th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

20th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-[/table]

Copy and Paste:Spells per day/Spells Known
{table=head]Level|0lvl|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th|7th|8th|9th

1st|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

2nd|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

3rd|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

4th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

5th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

6th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

7th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

8th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

9th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

10th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

11th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

12th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

13th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

14th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

15th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

16th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

17th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

18th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

19th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

20th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-[/table]

Please do not post details of your build on the board before it is ready, so as not to spoil the surprise for others.

Sauciers may submit as many builds as they want but please don't use leadership, as we don't want to overfeed the judges.

Previous challenges;
Soulknife (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225187)
Bard (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=229736)
Monk (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=233749)
Assassin (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=239294)
Barbarian (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243627)
Warlock (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=247169)
Paladin * (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252932)
Warblade (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=256004)
Pyrokineticist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=259654)
Ninja * (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=263278)
Druid (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=265347)
True Necromancer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=276267)
Dervish (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=280212)
Whisperknife (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285337)
Epic Infiltrator * (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=289233)
Master of Vipers (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=295287)
Ranger * (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=298478)
Flayerspawn Psychic (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16076729#post16076729)
Totemist (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16448992#post16448992)

* Classes marked with an asterisk have had their original posts updated to reflect the final results.

This competition is inspired by the Playground Iron Chef Competitions and uses mostly identical rules.

Also it comes with double prize money. Why? Because we care!

Allez Sauciers!

dysprosium
2013-12-29, 08:21 PM
A few administrative notes:

Competitors will be free to use any official 3.5 rulebook in constructing their builds. Dragon magazine is disallowed, and Unearthed Arcana is allowed; but see Elegance below. Web-exclusive 3.0 or 3.5 materials by WotC are expressly allowed, but take care to verify that an updated version did not appear in print elsewhere, as this may cause an Elegance deduction at the judges' discretion. Alternate rule systems from UA such as gestalt are not allowed, as they create a different playing field. Also, item familiars are forbidden because I hate 'em.

Power level is up to you. Cheese is acceptable, but should be kept to a sane level unless you're showcasing a new TO build you've discovered. In the words of one of my predecessors, a little cheddar can be nice, but avoid the mature Gruyere unless you're making a cheese fondue.

Elegance could bear a little elaboration. It basically measures how skillfully you put your build together, and whether you sacrificed flavor for power. We're cooking here - if your dish doesn't taste good, it doesn't matter how well-presented it is. Use of flaws is an automatic loss of one point per flaw in this category. Other things that will cause lost points here are excessive multiclassing, and classes that don't fit the concept - using Cloistered Cleric in a front-line melee fighter, for example, may lose you points. Please note the following: a legal source's relative obscurity should not be considered as penalizing Elegance, excepting the aforementioned issues with Unearthed Arcana. Using too many sources may be an Elegance deduction at the judges' discretion, but a book's relative obscurity may not.

What's the minimum score in a category? Assuming an entry is legal, the minimum score in any category is 1. If a judge is convinced that an entry is illegal by the RAW, the judge may give a 0 or decline to score a given entry. Because this contest focuses on Player Characters, an entry that is not technically allowed for a PC, but is viable as an NPC, counts as a legal entry, but may receive a minimum score at the judges' discretion.

Is Dragon Compendium Allowed? Yes, but individual issues of Dragon Magazine are not.

What about 3.0 materials? 3.0 materials, whether online or in printed form, are allowed unless they've been officially updated to a 3.5 edition.

Are Dragonlance, Ravenloft, Planescape, Dark Sun, or Kingdoms of Kalamar allowable sources? The Dragonlance Campaign Setting is allowed, but the subsequent books for Dragonlance are considered 3rd party, and are therefore not eligible, despite the "WotC approved" status of those books. The same holds for Oriental Adventures (1st party) and the subsequent Rokugan books (3rd party). Materials from Ravenloft, Planescape, Dark Sun, and Kingdoms of Kalamar are considered 3rd party for purposes of this contest, and are therefore not allowed.

What about online sources in general? If the online source is a) published by WotC, and b) not replaced by an updated version at a later time, it is eligible. Use it, link it.

Where's the line drawn with "acceptable/unacceptable" for Unearthed Arcana? This will likely vary a bit from Chairman to Chairman. Variant class features and variant character classes are espressly permitted. Item Familiars and Gestalt have always been verboten, since before IC migrated to GitP; don't expect that to change. Flaws have similarly always been noted as warranting a deduction; while I am Chairman, I'm extending that to Traits, though they warrant 1/2 the penalty in Elegance that a Flaw would because they're roughly 1/2 as useful. Alternate spell systems, alternate skill systems and alternate crafting rules all create an uneven playing field, and as such, will be disallowed for as long as I am Chairman. Bloodlines are ripe for abuse, and will be discouraged as long as I am Chairman. Note that judges are allowed to look askance at any use of Unearthed Arcana not specifically mentioned above, at their discretion, and otherwise penalize Elegance according to their preference.

What, exactly, does the ban on Leadership mean? As folks have started to try to work around the edges of this one, I'm forced to spell it out more plainly. No Leadership, Draconic Cohort, or Feats that grant a similar ability are allowed EXCEPT Wild Cohort while I am chairman. Any PrC you choose with Leadership or a Leadership-analog has that ability entirely ignored for this contest, as it may neither be used nor traded away via any means whatsoever.

What's the minimum score in a category? Assuming an entry is legal, the minimum score in any category is 1. If a judge is convinced that an entry is illegal by the RAW, the judge may give a 0 or decline to score a given entry. Because this contest focuses on Player Characters, an entry that is not technically allowed for a PC, but is viable as an NPC, counts as a legal entry, but may receive a minimum score at the judges' discretion.

How the heck do I even do this? Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to select a combination of race, templates, classes, alternate class features, prestige classes, skills, and feats, meld them into a single character that progresses from ECL 1 to ECL 20, that is as close as possible to the secret ingredient as possible in look, feel, class features. How you do it is up to you, I recommend you read previous competitions if you are interested in seeing how others have done it before you. Capture the essence!

A thread for your amusement/edification:

Handy Tips for the Iron Chef in the Playground Noob (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287603)

relytdan
2013-12-29, 08:32 PM
a sandstorm one - could be fun

dysprosium
2013-12-31, 12:07 PM
I was hoping for a little more chatter from this one.

Or did I choose a difficult ingredient (again)?

Vaz
2013-12-31, 12:09 PM
I'm thinking of entering this one. I think timing may just be a thing, half the world is still nursing a hangover I think, and the other half is preparing to get one.

I know I am :).

WhamBamSam
2013-12-31, 12:16 PM
I was hoping for a little more chatter from this one.

Or did I choose a difficult ingredient (again)?I think this is a pretty easy one, honestly. I mean [Redacted] does pretty much all the same stuff.

I might compete or might judge this one. We'll see.

malonkey1
2013-12-31, 12:55 PM
I'd actually like to judge this time around, if that's alright.

relytdan
2014-01-01, 12:49 PM

well judgeing is a thing that can be done by pretty much anyone - if you have criteria though not required it could be helpful to see.

and with that I welcome 2014 with this - hey mr. chariman questions inbound

Humble Master
2014-01-01, 01:49 PM
I'll give this one a go.

By the way, I have been gone from the 3.5 DnD section for awhile. What happened to Mattie P?

Kuulvheysoon
2014-01-01, 02:29 PM
I'll give this one a go.

By the way, I have been gone from the 3.5 DnD section for awhile. What happened to Mattie P?

Unsure - he said to have some IRL issues, then subsequently disappeared. (No, he wasn't banned).

Chronos
2014-01-01, 03:15 PM
Am I the only one who saw the title and thought this was going to be Drunken Master?

Kuulvheysoon
2014-01-01, 04:15 PM
Am I the only one who saw the title and thought this was going to be Drunken Master?

Nope - I thought the same, and I was pretty pumped. Then I read it.:smallsigh:

Yeah, but sorry; I've got nothing for this ingredient.

Humble Master
2014-01-01, 04:38 PM
Unsure - he said to have some IRL issues, then subsequently disappeared. (No, he wasn't banned).Hmm, well I hope he is alright.

Am I the only one who saw the title and thought this was going to be Drunken Master?That would produce some very interesting builds.

dysprosium
2014-01-04, 03:01 PM
I hate when I do not get to log on to the Playground. I miss things like this.

No problems here.

I'll give this one a go.

Glad to have you back Humble Master. I don't know what happened to mattie_p either. :smallconfused: I hope he is all right too.

Nope - I thought the same, and I was pretty pumped. Then I read it.:smallsigh:

Yeah, but sorry; I've got nothing for this ingredient.

I thought I was being clever here but I see how you guys would think about this being Drunken Master. My tag line would have worked for that too.

But I was thinking about the thirsty part of the catch phrase instead of the product part of the catch phrase.

I'll keep Drunken Master in my back pocket though. :smallwink:

Sian
2014-01-05, 11:46 AM
going to join up ... think i have the mechanic parts nicely lined up (if still somewhat simplistic), but the fluff is likely going to be an ugly one (or very obscure)

Humble Master
2014-01-05, 10:16 PM
My build is wrapping up nicely. I haven't been able to elegantly/interestingly emulate [redacted],[removed] and [censored] but other than that I have all of the WitW abilities down. Also, I found a really cool way to mix a class feature, two spells and a feat.

relytdan
2014-01-07, 12:07 PM
looks like there will be a few builds this go around and a couple judges from the looks of it

WhamBamSam
2014-01-07, 04:44 PM
I'm kind of bored by by build idea. I'll judge instead. At least I've got a baseline for the Ingredient category.

GreenSerpent
2014-01-08, 12:33 PM
I have an idea, just writing it up is gonna be hard... plus it's pretty hard to imitate some of the abilities!

Vaz
2014-01-08, 01:17 PM
I've got mine completed, just finishing the fluff for it and then double checking. I'm fairly confident I've managed to get it all nailed down anyhow. Stuggled only with being able to get [X], and [X] as a [X], but other than that, I'm confident, not to mention coming out with sufficient flexibility to play at most levels.

WhamBamSam
2014-01-08, 05:52 PM
I've got mine completed, just finishing the fluff for it and then double checking. I'm fairly confident I've managed to get it all nailed down anyhow. Stuggled only with being able to get [X], and [X] as a [X], but other than that, I'm confident, not to mention coming out with sufficient flexibility to play at most levels.Looking forward to it! The ideas that you've mentioned not quite being able to put together the past few competitions have sounded awesome.

Also, criteria:

Innovation
Start from a baseline score of 3.

Up to 1 point of bonus or penalty based on how common various elements of your build were compared to other entrants. I won't deduct points for using Human. Particularly stinky known cheese may see a deduction here.

Up to 1 point of bonus or penalty based on how much you surprised me personally.

Up to a 0.25 point bonus if I find your fluff to be particularly excellent.

Power
Start from a baseline score of 3.

The point of reference here is the SI, so a 3 is roughly equal in versatility and power. A 5 is a noticeable improvement across the board which still retains the feel of the ingredient. Brute forcing the emulation is poor form. If the SI was Monk and you used a Druid 20 because Druids can do everything, you would see penalties here, even though you would be very powerful. Admittedly, since the SI in this case is a casting PrC, such issues probably won't come up, as full or near-full casting is expected.

The baseline build I'll be using here is a simple Cleric 10/Walker in the Waste 10.

Up to 0.75 point of bonus or penalty for versatility. Are you more or less flexible than a the baseline build.

Up to 1.25 points of bonus or penalty for how well you do the things that you do. Are you better at those things than the baseline build?

Elegance
Start from a baseline score of 4.

Each failure to qualify for a thing results in a 0.5 point deduction.

A rule interpretation which is highly questionable or likely not to fly at the average table will result in a penalty of up to 0.25 points depending on severity. I'm pretty cheese tolerant as judges go though.

Up to 0.75 points of bonus or penalty based on the overall flow of the build. A clean, flowing progression will score more points, whereas something that feels awkward may be penalized. As with cheese, I'm not going to try to be especially punitive toward dipping, but some dips are too glaring not to warrant some deduction. If you incur multiclass penalties, change alignment mid-build for crunch reasons, or the like, you can expect to be dinged here.

Up to 0.25 bonus points if the build just screams classy.

Ingredient
Start from a baseline score of 1.

I will award bonus points for every class ability or prerequisite that I see emulated in some way. The better the emulation, the larger the bonus. These bonuses will never add up to more than +3.75.

If the build really captures the feel of the SI, I'll award an additional 0.25 point bonus.

GreenSerpent
2014-01-08, 06:39 PM
... okay, I took a new direction with mine involving [INFORMATION REDACTED] and [INFORMATION REDACTED], with sprinkles of [SPRINKLES REDACTED]. But assuming there's no oiled succubi in the area, things should go okay.

dysprosium
2014-01-10, 10:54 AM
I'm glad to see all of the interest and involvement. Thank you everyone!

Jeff the Green
2014-01-10, 01:04 PM
I love WitW, but I got nothing...

So I'll judge! Criteria forthcoming. Here.

Innovation
This is mostly a factor of how much of your score in the other categories is dependent on the sort of stuff that will be suggested on your average help request thread here on the boards. Known Cheese™ will ding you heavily. Obvious stuff will get you a smaller, but still healthy ding.

A 5 would be something that uses ingredients I've never seen used or suggested, or combines them in a way I'd never think of. You probably will not get that. A 1 would be Pun-Pun, Rainbow Warsnake, STP Erudite 20, or the like.

Power

The baseline here is a garden-variety cleric 10/WitW 10 or druid 10/WitW 10. Something with that power level would score a 3.
A 1 would be a poorly-optimized shugenja 20 (basically the weakest divine caster).
A 5 is unlikely, but would probably be in the power-level of a well-optimized archivist with access to spells from almost all divine sources.

Going beyond that archivist would likely hurt you in elegance and/or innovation.

Also note that, while obviously combat is important, an inability to deal with people peacefully (though not necessarily nicely) will hurt you here too. In particular, think about how you're going to deal with people who don't like undead monstrosities bringing the desert into their cities. People who have Holy Avengers and high-level clerics backing them up.

Elegance
This is more of a gestalt category, but can generally be split into:

Legality. This one doesn't get you any points, but will get you penalties if you break it. The degree of penalty is somewhat subjective, as are what's legal. In general, if something wouldn't fly at the average table, you might get a -0.25 to -0.5 penalty. If something wouldn't fly at my table (more lenient), a -0.5 to -1. Going wildly against common sense (heal drowning) or RAW will get more severe penalties. (This is also modified by how important it is. A few too many spells or minor errors won't get a penalty, while an un-qualified for feat whose order could be swapped with another to create a legal build that doesn't impact anything else a more mild one, and one that invalidates your build could mean you end up with a 0 in the category. And Power, SI, and Innovation, if bad enough.)

Since it comes up frequently, here's how I'd judge on archivist spell access: Average table would be okay with cleric, druid, ranger, paladin, shugenja, adept, and domains not given by prestige classes (e.g. Oracle, Glory). My table would additionally be okay with bard, prestige domains, initiate spells and 3.5 prestige classes with their own casting. I recognize that RAW additionally allows up to sixth-level Sorcerer/Wizard spells and all Sorcerer/Wizard spells from Divination, Abjuration, or Necromancy, and if you can convince me of RAW for others (not through Hexer), that works too.

Flow, ~2 points. I don't care too much about whether you bounce around from PrC to PrC to pick up abilities or fighter to barbarian to warblade. But suddenly going from cleric to fighter, or dips in thematically irrelevant classes, are going to hurt you. Likewise, wild shifts in alignment will hurt you, as will thin-to-non-existent fluff or fluff that doesn't match your crunch.

Playability ~2 points. Could this build be played 1 to 20 without any drastic swings in power. In particular, if your build has a level or span of levels where it would be terribly difficult to survive or have an impact will lose you points.

Interesting ~1 point. How much fun would it be to play? Are you restricted to one trick (regardless of how powerful), or can you mix it up if you want? Are the abilities themselves interesting, or do you basically just kill things?

Depending on how it's used, using material from Sandstorm (other than the WitW) might get you a small boost here, as would anything else particularly tied to the desert, though be careful about the risk to your Innovation score using obvious choices.

Notability of source is irrelevant, within the normal source rules.

Ingredient

Prerequisites: 0.25 points total.
Spellcasting: 1 point. Since the class as intended requires five levels of casting and gives eight, I'll expect the ability to cast or emulate through means other than WBL spells of at least seventh level.
Desiccating touch: 0.5 points.
The wasting and pillar of salt: 0.25 points total.
Create salt mummy and create sand golem: 0.25 points each. For salt mummies something equivalent is okay. If you're able to figure out how to create actual salt mummies you'll probably get a bonus since I can't find one. For sand golems, assume your exploits have so impressed the Dusty Enclave that they've taught you even though you're technically not a member to get around the "Only the Dusty Conclave of walkers in the waste has the
hidden knowledge of sand golem creation" clause. Something equivalent will get you partial credit.
Local drought and greater drought: 1.25 points total.
Dry lich: 1.25 points. The actual template isn't necessary, but the abilities it grants beyond WitW's class features should be covered. For Turn Resistance, since the template gives +6 but has +5 LA, I'll expect Turn Resistance of at least your ECL +1 (or some other equivalent defense against turning and rebuking).

Partial credit is possible.

dysprosium
2014-01-12, 02:13 AM
Potential contestants!

Please do not forget to send me your builds!

And there is still time for anyone who has been on the fence.

Sian
2014-01-12, 05:37 AM
With the danger of being Vizinnied, i'd pulling due to having an to obvious build

relytdan
2014-01-12, 09:21 AM
With the danger of being Vizinnied, i'd pulling due to having an to obvious build

why pull out you might think it obvious and it might be totally original...
and even if not totally original maybe you would go about it differently

GreenSerpent
2014-01-12, 09:49 AM
I have my idea, but I don't think I can get the fluff written up in time.

WhamBamSam
2014-01-12, 11:07 AM
I have my idea, but I don't think I can get the fluff written up in time.ZS is generally lighter on the fluff than IC is. My criteria have a quarter point for fluff, but it's actually possible to get a 5 in that category without getting that particular bonus. A shorter, quicker write up is probably fine.

Potential contestants!

Please do not forget to send me your builds!

And there is still time for anyone who has been on the fence.How many entries have you gotten so far?

dysprosium
2014-01-12, 11:14 AM
How many entries have you gotten so far?

So far I only have one entry submitted.

Contestants do not worry about Vizzini!

Somensjev
2014-01-12, 11:15 AM
can people still raise their hand for judging?

i dont really have any criteria though :smalleek:

malonkey1
2014-01-12, 05:02 PM
Well,I can't come up with a set of criteria that strike me as truly fair, so I'm gonna have to drop out as judge.

Vaz
2014-01-12, 05:54 PM
malonkey, do not feel that a lack of published criteria are a barrier to judging. While it helps promote the feeling of a "fair and balanced" judging, I seriously doubt that there are problems to be gained from that.

I have judged twice without criteria; as long as you're willing to assess any potential disputes with an open mind, I feel that it is a decent enough attitude to at least ZC judging; sadly it often has less entries than IC, but that makes it easier for the judges.

malonkey1
2014-01-12, 06:07 PM
Alright. I'll try to stay objective.

dysprosium
2014-01-12, 10:06 PM
Hello my fellow sauciers!

I apologize for being late. I was working furiously on this round's Iron Chef judging.

So I am extending this deadline to Monday 11:59pm GMT, 13 January, 2014.

I have updated the OP with this information.

I hope this gives anyone who was debating about submitting an entry time to submit their entry.

Sian
2014-01-13, 01:34 AM
okay with an extention I just might actually have a time to hash together a quick build, although admittedly it'll be somewhat basic (at its core chassis) since i found a rather simple way to cover [redacted]

Can't get it to fit in the time i have ... and fluff would be forced to be obscure and not quite fitting on close inspection.

relytdan
2014-01-13, 08:04 PM
you may yet have time - nothing final posted just yet

Humble Master
2014-01-13, 08:17 PM
Crud, I thought the deadline was January 15th. It looks like with school I will not be able to finish in time. :smallfrown:

dysprosium
2014-01-13, 08:38 PM
Attention everyone!

I am posting the builds now.

Please do not post until I give the green light.

dysprosium
2014-01-13, 08:42 PM
Batman better watch out in the forest.

Rac il Ghoul

LE, Mulan Human, Dread Necromancer 8/ Pale Master 7/ Samurai 1/ Lich Template 4

Background

Background
Deep with the heart of the dark woods lived Rachel the dreaded necromancer who's only delight it seemed was to inspire panic and fear into the local towns, in order to get things her way. While she observed various portions of the local laws she did not always follow or agree with them. Rachel at times was seen with many undead at her command and those who were not frightened off by her aura's or pale skin useually did not venture far into the area where she claimed, because of the undead they knew she could control. While everyone knew of her abilities with magic it was only an unfortunate few who had attempted to rid the area of her, that found out she also had skill with a blade. There are even stories that some tell that the necromancer is also a lich out to claim all of their lives and have gone so far as to refer to the necromancer as Rac il Ghoul.

Race Information

Mulan Human with aquired Lich Template
Becomes Undead
Hit Dice: Increase Hit Dice to d12s
A lich has a +5 natural armor bonus
lich has a touch attack that it can use once per round
Fear Aura (Su):
Paralyzing Touch (Su):
Turn Resistance (Ex):
Damage Reduction (Su): 15/bludgeoning and magic
Immunities (Ex): Liches have immunity to cold, electricity, polymorph (though they can use polymorph effects on themselves), and mind-affecting attacks
Abilities: Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +2
Skills: Liches have a +8 racial bonus on Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, and Spot checks
Alignment: Any evil
Level Adjustment: +4

Female
Alignment: LE
Deity: Azul

Weapon and Armor Proficiency:
Dread Necromancer is proficient with all simple weapons and with one martial weapon of her choice. Her choice of martial weapon is made when the character takes her first level of dread necromancer and cannot be changed.

Pale masters gain proficiency with light and medium armor. They gain no proficiency with any weapons or shields

Samurai is proficient with all simple and martial weapons, and with all types of armor, but not with shields.

Abilities
Abilities
32 point buy
Str 15 Dex 14 Con 8 Int 10 Wis 11 Cha 17

Level Ability bonuses: +5 to Cha
Undead Graft: +4 inherent bonus to Strength
Lich Template: Int +2, Wis +2, Cha +2

ECL 20 Abilities
Str 19 Dex 14 Con - Int 12 Wis 13 Cha 24

Build
Effective Character Levels

1st|
Dread Necromancer|0|0|0|2|Knowledge (religion) 4, Spellcraft 4|Skill Focus Knowledge (religion)|Charnel touch, rebuke undead, MWP (Short Sword)

2nd|
Dread Necromancer|1|0|0|3|Knowledge (religion) 5, Spellcraft 5|-|Lich body DR 2/bludgeoning and magic

3rd|
Dread Necromancer|1|1|1|3|Knowledge (religion) 6, Spellcraft 6|Arcane Disciple (Thirst Domain)|Negative energy burst 1/day

4th|
Dread Necromancer|2|1|1|4|Knowledge (religion) 7, Spellcraft 7|-|Advanced learning, mental bastion +2

5th|
Dread Necromancer|2|1|1|4|Knowledge (religion) 8, Spellcraft 8|-|Fear aura

6th|
Dread Necromancer|3|2|2|5|Knowledge (religion) 9, Spellcraft 9|Southern Magician|Scabrous touch 1/day

7th|
Dread Necromancer|3|2|2|5|Knowledge (religion) 10, Spellcraft 10|-|Lich body DR 4/bludgeoning and magic, summon familiar

8th|
Dread Necromancer|4|2|2|6|Knowledge (religion) 11, Concentration 1|-|Advanced learning, negative energy burst 2/day, undead mastery

9th|
Pale Master|4|2|2|8|Concentration 3|Corpsecrafter|-

10th|
Pale Master|5|2|2|9|Concentration 5|-|Animate dead, +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

11th|
Pale Master|5|3|3|9|Concentration 7|-|Darkvision, +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

12th|
Pale Master|6|3|3|10|Concentration 9|Heat Endurance|Undead armor affinity (10%), +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

13th|
Pale Master|6|3|3|10|Concentration 11|-|Control undead, deathless vigor, +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

14th|
Pale Master|7|4|4|11|Spellcraft 11, Diplomacy 1|-|Undead graft, paralyzing touch, +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

15th|
Pale Master|7|4|4|11|Diplomacy 3|Craft Wondrous Item|Tough as bone, weakening touch, +1 level of existing arcane spellcasting class

16th|
Samurai|8|6|4|11|Diplomacy 5|Exotic Weapon Proficiency (bastard sword)|Daisho proficiency

17th|
Lich Level Adjustment|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

18th|
Lich Level Adjustment|-|-|-|-|-|Improved Heat Endurance|-

19th|

20th|
[/table]

Familiar

Familiar abilities
Alertness, improved evasion, share spells, empathic link, Deliver touch spells, Speak with master
natural armor +4, Int 9

Familiar
Imp (devil)
Tiny Outsider (Evil, Extraplanar, Lawful)
Hit Dice: 3d8 (13 hp)
Initiative: +3
Speed: 20 ft. (4 squares), fly 50 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 20 (+2 size, +3 Dex, +5 natural), touch 15, flat-footed 17
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/–5
Attack: Sting +8 melee (1d4 plus poison)
Full Attack: Sting +8 melee (1d4 plus poison)
Space/Reach: 2-1/2 ft./0 ft.
Special Attacks: Poison, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Alternate form, damage reduction 5/good or silver, darkvision 60 ft., fast healing 2, immunity to poison, resistance to fire 5
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +6, Will +4
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 17, Con 10, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 14
Skills: Diplomacy +8, Hide +17, Knowledge (any one) +6, Listen +7, Move Silently +9, Search +6, Spellcraft +6, Spot +7,
Survival +1 (+3 following tracks)
Feats: Dodge, Weapon Finesse
Alignment: Always lawful evil

Poison (Ex): Injury, Fortitude DC 13, initial damage 1d4 Dex, secondary damage 2d4 Dex. The save DC is Constitution-based and includes a +2 racial bonus
Spell-Like Abilities: At will—detect good, detect magic, invisibility (self only); 1/day—suggestion (DC 15). Caster level 6th. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Alternate Form (Su): An imp can assume other forms at will as a standard action

Level Breakdown

Level Breakdown
5: Dread Necromancer going for undead control, spell casting
10: Pale master enhancing dread necro's control over the undead, adding to dread necro's spell casting
16: a splash of samurai for some combat abilities to go with the spell casting of the dread necromancer/pale master
20: Aquired Lich Template 17th - 20th to reflect the SI capstone ability

Use of the Secret Ingredient
walker in the waste an interesting SI to attempt to work with as it eventually becomes a dry lich which is only available to the walker in the waste PRC.
as such it was felt that simular effects of the capstone needed to be taken as well.
Entry Requirements
Alignment: Any nongood. <Character is Lawful Evil>
Feat: Heat Endurance. <Character takes>
Spells: Ability to cast at least three spells of the Thirst domain as divine spells <Character can do>
Improved Heat Endurance <Character takes>
Desiccating Touch (Su): <spell can act like>
The Wasting (Su): <Scabrous Touch (Su)>
Local Drought (Su): <spell can act like>
Withered Toughness (Ex): <spell can act like>
Pillar of Salt (Sp): <spell can act like>
Create Sand Golem (Ex): <spell can act like>
Create Salt Mummy (Su): <spell can act like>
Dry Lich: <becomes a lich>
undergo the Sere Rite: <phylactery>

< The SI would also require 5 Canopic Jars to become a dry lich, it is felt that the taking of the phylactery while necessery to become a lich, should not see deductions >

ITEM: Phylactery is a sealed metal box
The phylactery costs 120,000 gp and 4,800 XP to create and has a caster level equal to that of its creator at the time of creation (ECL 16; CL 14th)
it is Tiny and has 40 hit points, hardness 20, and a break DC of 40.

Optional things
Bastard Sword, Short Sword, Armor, Equipment and various Adventuring Supplies

Spellcasting

Spellcasting
{table=head]Level|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th|6th|7th|8th|9th

1st|3|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

2nd|4|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

3rd|5|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

4th|6|3|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

5th|6|4|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

6th|6|5|3|-|-|-|-|-|-

7th|6|6|4|-|-|-|-|-|-

8th|6|6|5|3|-|-|-|-|-

9th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

10th|6|6|6|4|-|-|-|-|-

11th|6|6|6|5|3|-|-|-|-

12th|6|6|6|6|4|-|-|-|-

13th|6|6|6|6|5|3|-|-|-

14th|6|6|6|6|6|4|-|-|-

15th|6|6|6|6|6|5|3|-|-

16th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

17th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

18th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

19th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-

20th|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-
[/table]

Spells

Spells
dread necromancer’s spell list

1st Level: Bane, bestow wound, cause fear, chill touch, detect magic, detect undead, doom, hide from undead, inflict light wounds, ray of enfeeblement, summon undead I, undetectable alignment

2nd Level: Blindness/deafness, command undead, darkness, death knell, false life, gentle repose, ghoul touch, inflict moderate wounds, scare, spectral hand, summon swarm, summon undead II
Advanced learning: - LIVING UNDEATH

3rd Level: Crushing despair, death ward, halt undead, inflict serious wounds, ray of exhaustion, speak with dead, summon undead III, vampiric touch

4th Level: Animate dead, bestow curse, contagion, death ward, dispel magic, enervation, Evard’s black tentacles, fear, giant vermin, inflict critical wounds, phantasmal killer, poison, summon undead IV
Advanced learning: - CONSUMPTIVE FIELD

5th Level: Blight, cloudkill, fire in the blood*, greater dispel magic, insect plague, lesser planar binding, magic jar, mass inflict light wounds, nightmare, oath of blood, slay living, summon undead V, undeath to death, unhallow, waves of fatigue

6th Level: Acid fog, circle of death, create undead, eyebite, geas/quest, harm, mass inflict moderate wounds, planar binding, waves of exhaustion

7th Level: Control undead, destruction, finger of death, greater harm, mass inflict serious wounds, song of discord, vile death

THIRST DOMAIN
Granted Power: Rebuke or command oozes as an evil cleric rebukes or commands undead. Use this ability a total number of times per day equal to 3 + your Charisma modifier. You also gain a +2 bonus on Constitution checks to resist dehydration.

Thirst Domain Spells
1 Parching Touch: One touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 Con damage.
2 Desiccate: Deals 1d6/2 levels dessication damage and dehydrates living creature.
3 Tormenting Thirst: Subject is overwhelmed by thirst.
4 Dispel Water: Cancels water spells and effects or dismisses water creatures.
5 Desiccate, Mass: Desiccates several creatures.
6 Symbol of Thirst: Triggered rune overwhelms nearby creatures with thirst.
7 Mephit Mob: Summons multiple mephits * Dust, salt, or sulfur mephits only.

Sources

Sources
(Sand p45, 89)
(LM p25, 47)
(RoF p95, 168)
(CDiv p79)
(PHB p92, 100)
(FRCS p38)
(HoH p84)
(CWar p8)
(MM p56, 166)

dysprosium
2014-01-13, 08:47 PM
And let this be a lesson for any gamblers out there!

W'Soran, the Eternal; Asherati Wizard 5/Incantatrix 3/Fatespinner 3/Master Transmogrifist 9

Originally a card-shark of reasonable skill but little luck, W'Soran was an Asherati skilled at changing his appearance to move from town to town and avoid any sort of reputation. However, danger soon followed, and despite his best efforts, he could not escape all those who were sent against him, their unnatural vision capable of seeing right through his disguises. In return, he focused on becoming a Skin Changer; nothing was too outlandish for him to attempt to master. Soon, the only way he could survive was by faking his own death, and being reborn as the Undead... or was he?

1st|Wizard 1|
+0|
+0|
+0|
+2|Bluff 2 cc, Disguise 2 cc, Concentration 4, K (Arcana) 4, Prof (Gambler) 4, Spellcraft 4|Eschew Materials, Heat Endurance (B), Extend Spell (B)|Spontaneous Summoning, Enhanced Summoning, Abrupt Jaunt

2nd|Wizard 2|
+1|
+0|
+0|
+3|Bluff +0.5 cc, Disguise +0.5cc, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Prof (Gambler) +1, Spellcraft +1||

3rd|Wizard 3|
+1|
+1|
+1|
+3|Bluff +0.5 cc, Disguise +0.5cc, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Prof (Gambler) +1, Spellcraft +1|Southern Magician, Iron Will (B)|Otyugh Hole

4th|Wizard 4|
+2|
+1|
+1|
+4|Bluff +0.5 cc, Disguise +0.5cc, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Prof (Gambler) +1, Spellcraft +1||

5th|Wizard 5|
+2|
+2|
+2|
+5|Bluff +0.5 cc, Disguise +0.5cc, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Prof (Gambler) +1, Spellcraft +1|Craft Magic Arms and Armour|

6th|Incantatrix 1|
+2|
+2|
+2|
+7|Bluff +0.5 cc, Disguise +0.5cc, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Prof (Gambler) +1, Spellcraft +1|Craft Wondrous Items, Persistent Spell (B)|Focused Studies (Ban illusion)

7th|Incantatrix 2|
+3|
+2|
+2|
+8|Bluff +0.5 cc, Disguise +0.5cc, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Prof (Gambler) +1, Spellcraft +1||Cooperative Metamagic

8th|Incantatrix 3|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+8|Bluff +0.5 cc, Disguise +0.5cc, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1, Use Magic Device +1 cc||Metamagic Effect

9th|Fatespinner 1|
+3|
+3|
+3|
+10|Bluff +0.5 cc, Disguise +0.5cc, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1, Use Magic Device +1 cc|Improved Heat Endurance|Spin Fate

10th|Fatespinner 2|
+4|
+3|
+3|
+11|Bluff +0.5 cc, Disguise +0.5cc, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1, Use Magic Device +1 cc||Fickle Finger of Fate

11th|Fatespinner 3|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+11|Bluff +0.5 cc, Disguise +0.5cc, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1, Use Magic Device +1 cc||Spin Destiny

12th|Master Transmogrifist 1|
+4|
+4|
+4|
+13|Bluff +2, Disguise +2, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1|Craft Construct|Extended Change, Favoured Shape

13th|Master Transmogrifist 2|
+5|
+4|
+4|
+14|Bluff +2, Disguise +2, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1||Manifest Senses

14th|Master Transmogrifist 3|
+5|
+5|
+5|
+14|Bluff +2, Disguise +2, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1||Battle Mastery +2

15th|Master Transmogrifist 4|
+6|
+5|
+5|
+15|Bluff +2, Disguise +2, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1|Assume Supernatural Ability (Salt Mummy's Dehydrating Impact)|Effortless Change

16th|Master Transmogrifist 5|
+6|
+5|
+5|
+15|Bluff +2, Disguise +2, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1||Shapechanger

17th|Master Transmogrifist 6|
+7|
+6|
+6|
+16|Bluff +2, Disguise +2, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1||Battle Mastery +4

18th|Master Transmogrifist 7|
+7|
+6|
+6|
+16|Bluff +2, Disguise +2, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1|Practised Spellcaster|Reflexive Change

19th|Master Transmogrifist 8|
+8|
+6|
+6|
+17|Bluff +1, Disguise +1, Concentration +1, K (Arcana) +1, Spellcraft +1, Use Magic Device +1 cc||Manifest Qualities

20th|Master Transmogrifist 9|
+8|
+7|
+7|
+17|Bluff 23, Disguise 23, Concentration 23, K (Arcana) 23, Spellcraft 23, Use Magic Device 6||Battle Mastery +6[/table]
*Obviously, the skills which were thrown in were mostly thematic, rather than intended to be of any use; these can easily be replaced with Knowledges, say, to allow for more trained Knowledge checks, or Craft Checks may get a better result, or UMD to better, well, UMD.

Ability Scores
Str; 8
Dex; 12
Con; 14
Int; 18, +2 = 20 +5 Tome, +6 Item = 31
Wis; 8
Cha; 14+3 = 17, +5 Tome, +6 Item = 28; Cha bonus of +180 to HP

Spellcasting
As Wizard 17, Caster Levels lost at ECL12, 15, and 18. Additional bonus spells; 3 Level 1-2, 2 Level 3-6, and 1 Level 7-9 each day.

Build Explanation
The main reason people go to become a Walker In The Waste instead of a normal Lich is that they have the wonderful "Cha to HP", which increases Undead's resilience manytimes over. However, as you can see, I am NOT Undead, so I still benefit from my full Constitution. This is important, however, as I'm using Master Transmogrifist's "Manifest Qualities" ability, which can only be done on my Favoured Shapes, which cannot be of my own type. The problem with that is that I cannot Polymorph into Undead without being Undead, and I cannot have Favoured Shapes as my own type. So; to confirm, I am (at all points in this build) an Asherati; a humanoid. At ECL14, when I get my 7th level spells, I select "Kiss of the Vampire" which makes my type be considered Undead for all spells; from then on, I can Polymorph into a Boneclaw or Salt Mummy. At ECL19, when I can get access to (Ex) Qualities (such as the Unholy Toughness ability). With ASA now online, I also have the Dehydrating Impact ability of the Salt Mummy. Incantatrix' Metamagic effect Persists both of these. Of course, when Polymorphing into an Undead creature I lose my Constitution score, but gaining instead the Cha score to my HP. A Spell like Draconic Might provides not only a much higher Natural Armour bonus than the WitW's Withered Toughness, but provides a Cha bonus to boot.

Variants
The additional level of Fatespinner was not really necessary other than to provide 9th level spells. If by this stage, getting HP was the most important thing, I'd take Master Transmogrifist 10 instead, losing 9th level spells, but instead being able to use Infinite Variety to pick up a form with a decent Constitution Score to have both Con and Cha to HP; say for example Greater Dusk Giant (32 Con = +400 HP right thur). Fatespinner can be replaced with any other full casting advancement prestige classes; I had considered Mindbender+Mindsight to go along with the Polymorph Shenanigans into Spellweaver et al. That is still possible, but I didn't feel like it felt like the Walker In The Waste or W'Soran's style.

Checklist;
Alignment; check - can be any non-lawful.
Heat Endurance; check, Asherati bonus
3 Spells from the Sand or Thirst Domain; check - Haboob, Blast of Sand and Flaywind Burst are all accessible at ECL9, while Parching Touch, Dessicate and Tormenting Thirst are also Wizard spells available from ECL5; Southern Magician can cast these as Divine (any 3 from ECL6 onwards).
Spellcasting 8/10; Finish up with 9th level spells and CL20 before items/spells.
Improved Heat Endurance; check
Dessicating Touch; check; ASA Salt Mummy's Dehydrating impact, up to 4d6/8
The Wasting; 20ft Reach with Boneclaw, combined with Shivering Touch and The Withering deals much more damage and quicker. Alternatively, Contagion with a friendly DM should be able to have "The Wasting" added to its list. Int DC is more powerful.
Local Drought; Control Temperature lasts hour/level, which can be Extended, and extends up to 20cu. ft/level - by ECL8, I can cast it twice, and raise the Temperature band to 1. By ECL20, it can raise the temperature 4 bands before items. Items can raise this higher (to raise from Unearthly Cold to Hot requires 6 increases; UMD'ing Beads of Karma, +3 from Fatespinner and an Orange Prism Ioun Stone gets me to CL28, Spell Enhancer adds +2. This makes it CL30 for the 6 increases necessary.
Withered Toughness; There are tons of spells for Wizards which improve Natural Armour. Protection from Dessication and a Desert Outfit combined with Improved Heat Endurance keeps me safe from all but Burning Heat (Mantle of the Fiery Spirit comes in handy here, however to provide greater protection)
Pillar of Salt; check, Wizard spell.
Create Sand Golem; check, Craft Construct, more flexible options
Create Salt Mummy; Cannot create a Salt Mummy. However, can raise lots of normal mummies through Create Undead, and given time to abuse typical Wizard abuses.
Greater Drought; A Further +5 Caster Level increases (Suffer the Flesh, before taking Undead form via Kiss of the Vampire+Polymorph for Cha to HP etc) can get me the required CL35 to go from Unearthly cold to Severe Heat. This can go from Moderate to Burning Heat
(3d10 Fire Damage/round), for 700 cu. ft, lasting up to nearly 3 days (70 hours).
Saves; Good Will Saves. On a Cleric 5 entry,
Dry Lich;
-- Aura of Despair; Symbol of Fear can cause target to panic and for longer in the same radius. Requires a bit more preparation time however.
-- Constitution Drain; check, Shapechange into a Wight can recreate this.
-- Fast Healing; check, outclassed, Salt Mummy form has Fast Healing 10
-- Immunities; check, can take Undead type through Polymorph to gain immunities.
-- Water Weakness; check, from polymorphing into a Salt Mummy. Also a minor weakness from Asherati.
-- Racial Skill Bonuses; can be gained by Polymorphing into particular creatures.
-- Permanently Killed Protection; As a Wizard with 9th level spells this is easily recreateable by things such as Persisted Beastlands Ferocity + Delay Death, Living Zombies, and Plane Shift (+Astal Projection) to slow time planes, or Contingent Revivify (via Scrolls).
Skill List; only Survival is not available as a class skill. All other classes provides at least some point in the build for a Class Skill.
-- Concentration; All
-- Craft (Alchemy); All
-- Decipher Script; Wizard
-- Heal; Incantatrix
-- Intimidate; Incantatrix
-- K. Arcana; All
-- K. Geography; Wizard
-- K. Nature; Wizard
-- Profession; All
-- Spellcraft; All

Playstyle
You're a wizard Harry. Have fun. You can play at any level you desire. There is potential for some High Op, Shenanigans with regards to Persistomancy, but that all comes down to spell selection. You have some nice little abilities netted from Fatemaker which allow you to unscrew yourself if you make a mistake or rolled poorly. Do-overs are good. Early game is all about preparing to qualify; an unfortunate trip into the Otyugh Hole or Flaws for Iron Will; but you can support your party with a bit of crafting on the side. Your power is further "limited" by suboptimal feats chosen as part of either feat taxes or for the Ingredient. Later on, it becomes more fun as you get to mix it up with the big boys. To be frank, Polymorph is fun; anything you do is fun in Polymorph. The best bit is that it's not particularly limited to what this snap shot shows, either. Anything you set your mind to, you can do, allowing you to tinker to your hearts content. The only thing of necessary involvement is being able to Polymorph into an Undead creature and gain its (Ex), leading to Favoured Shape, Polymorph and Manifest Qualities.

At all levels, you are a Wizard, but with a slightly slowed progression. In CharOp, the number one rule is to not give up Caster Levels, but in this respect, Master Transmogrifist has one goal, and that is changing shape. It can do it well enough by ECL 7, that you're getting it for its class features, but by missing off the last level, you're "gaining" an additional Caster Level. The only thing that's lost is the ability to take the form of a Living Creature and use Infinite Variety to gain both Cha and Con to HP; which by this level, isn't that powerful.

Items
I can craft near enough whatever I want. You name it, I got it. Assume +6 Charisma/Int items etc. Nothing however is required for the build to run, outside of providing additional power.

Sources
PHB2; Conjurer Variant ACF's
Unearthed Arcana; Conjurer Variant ACF's
PGtF; Incantatrix
Races of Faerun; Southern Magician
Complete Arcane; Fatemaker, Master Transmogrifist, Persistent Spell, Practised Spellcaster
Savage Species; Assume Supernatural Transformation
Sandstorm; Salt Mummy, Heat Endurance, Improved Heat Endurance
MM3; Boneclaw
Spell Compendium; Kiss of the Vampire, Draconic Might, Spell Enhancer[/spoiler]

dysprosium
2014-01-13, 08:49 PM
And that's all folks!

Holidays are mostly over now right? Right?

I leave this now for the capable hands of our judges.

Humble Master
2014-01-13, 08:58 PM
Well, here is the basics of the build I was going to do. Behold the unfinished husk of Dreath, the Windblown Waster.

Human Druid 19/Cleric 1

So, a pure Druid with a Cleric dip for Divine Metamagic stuff.

{table=head] Walker in the Waste ability/feature | How it was emulated

Improved Heat Endurance | Endure Elements, Blessing of Flame Stance

Desiccating Touch | Phiuhl Wild Shape, Desiccate

The Wasting | Some kind of Scourge magical item or Mass Contagion

Local Drought | See Greater Drought in The Wasting

Withered Toughness | Endure Elements, Phiuhl Wild Shape
Pillar of Salt | Flesh to Salt/Flesh to Salt Mass

Create Sand Golem | Awaken Sand

Create Salt Mummy | Was Not Emulated

Greater Drought | See Greater Drought in The Wasting

Dry Lich | Was Not Emulated [/table]

Also, the tricks he had up his sleeve

Dreath has some cool stuff he can do that requires multiple spells/abilities which I will outline here.

300 MPH cloud of superheated death gas: Dreath always uses Enhance Wild Shape in conjunction with his Wild Shape to turn into a Phuihl with all of its Extraordinary abilities. This includes Gaseous Form which states that the Phuihl is subject to winds. Now, Dreath is a Druid and can cast Control Winds as a Phuihl thanks to Natural Spell. Control Winds states that you may increase or decrease the wind strength by one level so Dreath can increase the wind strength by 6 levels. From even a light wind, the lowest strength, this can bring the wind strength up to Tornado which is 175-300 MPH. Now, Dreath just blows himself around at up to 300 MPH.

Anti-terraforming: Dreath can't have such a stark effect on his surroundings as a Walker in the Waste. Instead, the Windblown Waster can effect a massive area, just more slowly. Each day Dreath can cast Control Weather. This enables him to cause a 3 mile radius around him to experience no rain and a heat wave for 4d12 x 2 hours (on average about 2 days). This will naturally cause most plants to die from lack of water. To further terraform the land into a desert Dreath can use Control Water and Dispel Water to dry up lakes, Junglerazer to quickly eliminate vegetation and Transmute Rock to Sand to magically erode stuff. Also, the Phuihl's Heat Aura ability kind of emulates Greater Drought but on a much smaller scale.

Note on the Phuihl Form: The Phuihl has several abilities that are not defined as Extrordinary, Supernatural or Spell-Like in its entry (specifically Acid Immunity, Darkvision 60ft, DR 20/+2, Electricity Resistance 20, Fire Immunity, Poison Immunity (redundant with the Druid's Venom Immunity) and Spell Resistance 21. [URL="http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16740460&postcount=544"]Here (][/url) the good Curmudgeon explains what hard rules there are for this situation. So, depending on what you want to allow the Phuihl form could grant some other nice immunities in addition to what it already does.

Still, my fault for not getting it done in time. I am interested that the two builds posted seemed to focus on the Dry Lich aspect of the class while I worked more on the whole terraform the world into a desert thing.

Vaz
2014-01-13, 09:34 PM
What's a Phuihl?

Humble Master
2014-01-13, 10:22 PM
What's a Phuihl?An impossible to pronounce monster from Fiend Folio. It is basically a cloud of superheated poisonous gas. It's an Aberration so my character could turn into one via Aberrant Wild Shape from Lords of Madness.

malonkey1
2014-01-13, 11:22 PM
I must deliberate, but you should expect to see my ratings at this post very soon.

WhamBamSam
2014-01-14, 01:04 AM
Just got through a first reading of both entries. Expect my judging either tomorrow (highly unlikely due to real life), Thursday (most likely), or Friday/Saturday (at the latest).

Sian
2014-01-14, 02:47 AM
the idea i was tossing around was a Necropolitian Druid 20 with Craft Wonderous Items, to make a continuously working item with Control Tempature

Jeff the Green
2014-01-14, 06:50 AM
I glanced through the entries and will judge as soon as I can.

I will say right off the bat that I'm disappointed no one took advantage of LA buy off. It would have (I think) allowed Rac il Ghoul to have taken dry lich or get eights.

dysprosium
2014-01-14, 10:24 AM
I will say right off the bat that I'm disappointed no one took advantage of LA buy off. It would have (I think) allowed Rac il Ghoul to have taken dry lich or get eights.

LA buy off wasn't available to our contestants this round.

Back in the Epic Infiltrator round it was and that was carried over through the next few rounds until I picked up the mantle as Chair.

WhamBamSam
2014-01-14, 02:36 PM
LA buy off wasn't available to our contestants this round.

Back in the Epic Infiltrator round it was and that was carried over through the next few rounds until I picked up the mantle as Chair.Also the exp reserve wouldn't have been big enough for Rac il Ghoul to buy off any of the Lich LA. I didn't have enough for the Dragon LA (which would have cost substantially less exp) when I made I.C. Tentacle, and just used the extra reserve to soak up multiclass penalties and Psychic Reformations.

I was going to try to do the whole emulation with Dread Necromancer 20, adding the Sand Domain to its spell list through Arcane Disciple and tossing on a few other things to make some of the other abilities a bit more like those of WitW.

Kuulvheysoon
2014-01-14, 02:54 PM
My plan was a Dragonwrought Dracolich, but it only occurred to me at the last moment, so I didn't have nearly enough time to finish it off.

WhamBamSam
2014-01-14, 03:09 PM
My plan was a Dragonwrought Dracolich, but it only occurred to me at the last moment, so I didn't have nearly enough time to finish it off.That's a shame. I love Dragonwrought Dracoliches, even though they run into all sorts of weird little RAW dilemmas.

relytdan
2014-01-15, 01:42 PM
page 3 bump

WhamBamSam
2014-01-16, 06:27 PM
Judging is in. I gave some abilities in the ingredient had a baseline of 0.25 and some a baseline of 0.5. A +0.75 bonus indicates going above and beyond in a 0.5 point category.

Rac il Ghoul – 11.5
Innovation – 3 As there were only two entries this round, and you were both pretty distinct from one another you both get points for being different from the competition. (+1)

However, my own idea was a Dread Necromancer 20 using Arcane Disciple, so I saw that coming a mile away, and just eating the LA of some template is the simplest way of becoming a Lich or Lich-esque, so that’s similarly unsurprising. I didn’t think about Pale Master specifically, but it’s cut from the same cloth as the Dread Necro, and while I didn’t expect Samurai, I can’t see any good reason for it being here, so there’s really nothing to justify giving points back.(-1)
Power – 1.25 You come out two spell levels behind the baseline Cleric 10/WitW 10, and have a much less versatile spell list. Your minionmancy also is considerably more restricted, considering all the various things that the baseline build could conjure up. You really only do undead, whereas the baseline build can make Sand Golems, possibly cast Awaken Sand as a domain spell, and do all the fun Planar Ally stuff in addition to its armies of the dead. (-0.75)

On the positive side, you do edge out the cleric in terms of the HD of undead you can control with Animate Dead, but that’s still not enough to make up the difference in minionmancy power, especially at high levels when the Cleric hits 9th level spells and gets Gate. Speaking of lost caster levels, what is the Samurai level doing here? You’d have gotten a point of BAB from the next Pale Master level anyway (for all the good that’ll do you in melee), and armor proficiencies don’t help without some means of reducing Arcane Spell Failure chance, so you’re effectively trading away 1 CL, a 6th level spell slot, a 7th level spell, Undead Armor Affinity (20%), and Degenerative Touch for a not very good Exotic Weapon Proficiency. You’re also quite frail compared to the Cleric, both before and after your respective Lich transformations. Pre-Lichdom, the Cleric can take and prevent much more punishment than you and heal himself. You can’t do the latter until you gain the Lich template at late levels unless you go Necropolitan and get True Rezzed before your Lichdom, or use your human bonus feat (which you forgot about in your write up) on Tomb Tainted Soul. Post-Lichdom, the cleric still has significantly more defensive magic options than you do, as well as 4 more HD, with Cha to HP. You also can’t cast Arcane Disciple spells of higher than 1st level (3rd after your transformation) without Wis boosting items, and Corpsecrafter is also useless to you, since it and Undead Mastery are both enhancement bonuses and don’t stack. You don’t come out looking that good here. (-1)
Elegance – 4.25 You gain feats based on character level, not ECL so you can’t take Improved Heat Endurance at ECL 18. However, you forgot your human feat, so you could have taken everything you have listed, and whether or not a build has Improved Heat Endurance doesn’t affect it much anyway, so I’ll throw you a bone and say no penalty. (0)
In addition to being pointless, your Samurai dip is a slight mar on an otherwise clean progression, but you still look alright on the whole. (+0.25)
Ingredient – 3 Entry Requirements: You aren’t able to cast 3 spells from the Thirst domain until you gain +2 Wis from an item or from becoming a Lich, but you do meet them eventually. (+0.25)

Dessicating Touch: You have a number of fairly potent touch attacks and touch spells that can do similar things about as well or better. (+0.25)

The Wasting: Scabrous Touch works like Contagion, so the diseases you can get from it by strict RAW are slightly weaker than the Wasting. The Dread Necro spell list has some other debuffs that can do that sort of stuff as well, though and you do have Spectral Hand to deliver them at a distance just like the SI. Very well, take your points. (+0.25)

Withered Toughness: Lich Body and Undead Armor are good enough for me. (+0.25)

Local/Greater Drought: You rely on the limited options of the Dread Necromancer spell list, which don’t really replicate these well. Getting Consumptive Field through Advanced Learning and Paralyzing Gaze from being a Lich is something, but the former doesn’t have enough duration to really measure up in absence of persist, and you don’t really have anything that grants an effect that’s all that similar as far as I can tell. I can’t justify giving points here. (0)

Pillar of Salt: It’s a Fort Save or Die. The Dread Necromancer list can certainly manage that.

Create Sand Golem: You rely on Dread Necromancer spells and various undead control abilities for your minionmancy. You certainly have similar things, but I think you come up a bit short here. (+0.25)

Create Sand Mummy: You’re decent at creating undead in general, you can get regular mummies and some other similar things and that’s good enough for me. (+0.5)

Dry Lich: The Lich template is about on par with Dry Lich, but the best thing about WitW Dry Lich transformation is that you don’t suffer a level adjustment as a result. You don’t quite measure up here. (+0.25)

W'Soran, the Eternal – 16.5
Innovation – 4.75 As there were only two entries this round, and you were both pretty distinct from one another you both get points for being different from the competition. (+1)

I didn’t see replication of the abilities/Lichdom through Polymorph shenanigans coming. I should have, as they’re so well known for their potential power, so I can’t in good conscience give you all the points, but I didn’t, so you do get some of the points. Asherati was also a fun, flavorful little choice. (+0.75)

Power – 4.25 Between the superior Wizard spell list and more extensive options crafting options, you blow even the considerable T1 versatility of the baseline Cleric 10/WitW 10 out of the water, er… sand. (+0.75)

You do come out 1 CL behind the baseline, but you still achieve 9ths and have Practiced Manifester and crafting to pump it back up. You have the potential to do just about everything (you do ban a few schools), and do it very, very well, because, y’know, Wizard. The few lost spell casting levels and resulting delay of higher spell levels keep you from getting a perfect score, but you come out looking very nice indeed here. (+0.5)

Elegance – 2.5 I don’t see where you’re getting Extend Spell as a bonus feat from. If I’m missing something, please correct me. I’m guessing it’s something left over from a prior version of this build which was Human though. (-0.5)
The reason why I’m making that guess, is that, being an Asherati, you also don’t qualify for Southern Magician. (-0.5)
Assume Supernatural Ability requires Wis 13. You can Craft or Wish your way around that problem, so I’m not going to double dip you for it in other categories, but it gets penalized here.(-0.5)
No real complaints about your overall progression. You’re a Wizard, PrCing out as good Wizards do. The Otyugh Hole keeps you from getting a big bonus here. I like it too, but some DMs don’t. (+0.25)

Ingredient – 5 Entry Requirements: You can’t actually cast spells as divine since you don’t qualify for Southern Magician, but I don’t really care that much about arcane vs. divine fluff. It’s all the same, really. Asherati getting Heat Endurance as a bonus feat was pretty cool too. (+0.25)

Dessicating Touch: Assuming you fix your Assume Supernatural Ability qualification issue, the Salt Mummy’s Dehydrating Impact is good enough for me. (+0.25)

Withered Toughness: Yeah, I’ll say the Wizard NA buffs are satisfactory. (+0.25)

The Wasting: Using Boneclaw reach to deliver Shivering Touch and Contagion is enough for me. RAW, Contagion can’t do anything quite as potent as the Wasting, but you’ve got plenty of options to do similar things here. (+0.5)

Local/Greater Drought: At the levels of CL pumping you can pull off, Extended Control Temperature is perfectly satisfactory. (+0.5)

Pillar of Salt: Check. (+0.5)

Create Sand Golem: Full-on Craft Construct for multiple better Golem options. Rock on (pun absolutely intended). (+0.75).

Create Sand Mummy: You can get regular mummies and have a lot of the good Wizarding minionmancy (banning illusion does mean no Ice Assassins/Simulacra, but they’d have clashed with the desert feel anyway). (+0.5)

Dry Lich: I was impressed with this one. At high-op, standard Wizard protective measures are going to do the job of keeping you not dead just about as well as Lichdom ever could, and trumping the Dry Lich’s Cha to HP with both Cha and Con is just icing. (+0.75)

Emulation Bonuses cap at +3.75 per my criteria.

I'd dread meeting W'Soran in the desert just as I would any WitW. Between race and various thematic spell choices I'd say you capture the feel of the SI, and I really feel you deserve a 5 in this category.

dysprosium
2014-01-17, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the judging WhamBamSam!

Vaz
2014-01-17, 10:32 AM
Whoo! Judging! Cheers WhamBamSam!

relytdan
2014-01-18, 01:40 PM
who else was judging?

GreenSerpent
2014-01-18, 02:24 PM
Because I can now, I'll submit my idea for the character I didn't have time to write up.

Halfling Druid 3/Ranger 2/Blighter 3/Nosomatic Chirurgeon 3/Planar Shepard (Fernia) 9, using Versatile Spellcaster to qualify for Blighter.

dysprosium
2014-01-19, 04:18 PM
Boy it is hard to get on the Playground on the weekends for me sometimes . . .

Hello WhamBamSam here is a dispute for you:

wham - walker in waste dispute

RE:Dry Lich
I don't know why peoples are thinking they get the dry lich for 0 Level adjustment but that is incorrect.

WitW: Dry Lich: On reaching 10th level, you learn to apply the secrets of waste preservation to your own body, becoming a dry lich.

You must undergo the Sere Rite, overseen by another dry lich, which includes preserving your flesh, removing your organs and storing them in special canopic jars, and imbuing your body with foul magic to make it undying.

See the dry lich template, page 155, for more information.

As a dry lich, you cannot be permanently killed unless the canopic jars containing your life essence are destroyed.

so in this passage rules as written show You must undergo the Sere Rite, .. See the dry lich template, page 155, for more information.

It does not say that you somehow bypass that 5 level adjustment of the dry lich anywhere within the text of the PRC...

Page 155 - SAMPLE DRY LICH
Dry Lich, Asherati Cleric 5/Walker in the Waste 10...Level Adjustment: +5
here is a prime example of the template with it's 5 level adjustment applied to a cleric/walker in the waste

If it was RAW for "Walker" to get a magic 0 level adustment it would show it in the example; secondly as the "Walker" is the only way into becoming a dry lich that this chef can see, it is further reinforced that the Rule does in fact Intend that any character taking 10 levels of "Walker" would have to Aquire the template and it's 5 level adjustment.

to all the judges and folks out that think otherwise, the RAW & RAI for "Walker" clearly indicates you must take that 5 level adjustment

As such it is this chefs opinion that the judge should reconsider the points for the areas deducted in this case.

RE: not getting the 18th level feat is correct that was a error on my part- while missing the bonus feat at level 1 apparently

As for more judges, I have been informed that malonkey1 has had to drop from judging this round.

Jeff the Green
2014-01-19, 06:05 PM
Here are my scores:

Rac il Ghoul
Score: 9.375
Innovation: 3
This is not a build I expected. This is, however, not a good thing. I didn't expect it because the abilities are redundant, you don't fill your role well, and you have a dip that makes no sense.

That said, this is basic stuff, rather than a stock build, so you pull up for a decent score here.

Power: 1.5
You only have 7th-level spells, two levels lower than the hypothetical Cleric 10/WitW 10. (And addressing the quibble directed at WhamBamSam, both of us said the baseline was Cleric 10/WitW 10, implying that we assumed you get the template without LA.) Also only from the Dread Necromancer list, which is nice for undead-making but not powerful at all for anything else. By PrCing/multiclassing you also lose out on a lot of control potential, which is bad when that's your class' schtick.

With only 16d12 HD, 109 HP, where the baseline build with miserable Charisma (16 after items) would have nearly 90 more. You also have problematic saves.

Elegance: 2
Very little about this build makes sense. Basically the whole point of Pale Master is to give some undead immunities and give arcane casters better ability to control undead creatures. You became a lich, obviating the former, and Dread Necromancer does the latter better if you take it straight.

And then, bang, samurai. Wait, what? You're not a front-line combatant. You have a BAB of 8, your Strength is okay but not great, and your HP is such that you'll be torn apart. Maybe you could have pulled this off if you'd dedicated more of your build to melee combat and written in some fluff support, but as-is it's bizarre.

You would have been much better off taking Dread Necromancer to 20, getting the lich template for free, having a lot better undead controlling ability, and no redundancy.

Ingredient: 2.875
Prereqs: Yes. 0.25
Spellcasting: Yes. 1
Desiccating touch: Sort of. 0.25
Wasting/Pillar of Salt: Sort of. 0.125
Create salt mummy: Yes. 0.25
Create sand golem: No.
Local/greater drought: No.
Dry Lich: Mostly. 1

W'Soran, the Eternal
Score: 16.375
Innovation: 3.5
I wasn't expecting master transmogrifist at all, and using it to pick up the abilities of dry lich by mixing and matching is pretty cool. Incantatrix is sort of Known Cheese™, though, which dings you a bit.

Power: 4.75
You're a freaking wizard with 9s. You don't quite have the versatility of a well-optimized archivist, but Incantatrix mostly makes up for it.

Elegance: 3.25
Not bad. It's a logical progression, playable, and versatile. Base score is 4.5 Unfortunately you don't actually qualify for Southern Magician and don't have a bonus feat for Extend Spell. The first could be dropped without significantly hurting the build, but the second is more of a problem. You couls solve this with a flaw, so a -1.25 penalty.

Ingredient: 4.875
Prereqs: Yes. 0.25
Spellcasting: Yes. 1
Desiccating touch: Yes. 0.5
Wasting/Pillar of Salt: Mostly. 0.2
Create salt mummy: Yes. 0.25
Create sand golem: Yes. 0.25
Local/greater drought: Yes. 1.25
Dry Lich: Mostly. 1.125

WhamBamSam
2014-01-19, 08:22 PM
Dispute Response:

The WotC sample characters are notoriously bad about this sort of thing. The sample Dry Lich was intended as a sample Dry Lich and not a sample Walker in the Waste, which probably resulted in that point being missed during editing.

I've seen a similar argument with regards to Dread Necro 20, which is similarly worded, as is Dragon Disciple. My view is that the only way the class abilities make sense is if the templates they grant are contained entirely within the class features and don't come with LA attached. Even if they did, you could still get 20 levels and the template, because the class features explicitly give you the templates, so you could take the relevant level at 20 and get the template without needing any more exp, even if you believed the character was actually ECL 25 for the purpose of any exp gained after that. No potential for the DM to make you take levels in some savage progression, no nothing, just sweet, sweet, effectively free Lichdom (or Dragon-dom in the case of Dragon Disciple).

Anyway, even if I did buy your argument and give you points back for being closer to the power level of a Cleric 5/WitW 10/LA+5, I'd have to give W'Soran some back as well in power, since he would then come out two spell levels ahead of the baseline. It might close the gap by half a point or so, since his Ingredient score can't go any higher, and you'd get a quarter point there, but it really wouldn't change much. Again, if I bought your argument.

But I don't. The class doesn't make sense that way, in my opinion, and there would be ways around LA even if that were how it worked. Unless the chairman specifically rules in favor of your interpretation - and incidentally, you should have asked for his ruling on the point before submitting, as both Jeff the Green and I put Cleric 10/WitW 10 as a baseline from which to measure in our criteria, so you could have surmised we both interpreted it as free LA - Score Stands.

dysprosium
2014-01-23, 09:55 AM
Thank you for judging Jeff the Green!

Getting close to the end for this one . . .

What ingredients should we have for the next one?

malonkey1
2014-01-23, 11:25 AM
Dragonfire Adept! I always thought it was a neat class thematically.

WhamBamSam
2014-01-23, 12:17 PM
I'd kinda like to see Wizard but maybe not right after a caster PrC.

Some random melee PrC maybe? Bloodclaw Master? War Hulk? Crinti Shadow Marrauder? Beloved of Valarian? Runescarred Berserker?

Vaz
2014-01-23, 01:10 PM
Ooh, just saw Jeffs' judging thank man!

I'd like to see a Defiant, possibly, from Planar Handbook, I think. One that makes it explicitly non casting friendly.

Nihilarian
2014-01-23, 07:56 PM
How about the War Chanter from Complete Warrior?

relytdan
2014-01-23, 08:19 PM
what ever is decided i hope that it wil lsee more folks entering builds as the last couple have only seen 2 entries

GreenSerpent
2014-01-23, 08:21 PM
Ooh, just saw Jeffs' judging thank man!

I'd like to see a Defiant, possibly, from Planar Handbook, I think. One that makes it explicitly non casting friendly.

Forsaker. Prepare for absolute hell crafting THAT one.

Humble Master
2014-01-24, 08:17 PM
Well, note to self double check when my build is due.

Also, my vote would be for Drunken Master.

dysprosium
2014-01-27, 10:12 AM
Well looks like we can end this round of Zinc Saucier.

{table=head]Build|Saucier|Score|Place
W'Soran the Eternal|Vaz|32.875|1st
Rac il Ghoul|relytdan|20.875|2nd[/table]

Congratulations to our contestants and thanks to our judges!

The next round will be up soon.