PDA

View Full Version : [3.P] Build and Gear Help Needed

Houndour
2013-12-29, 10:30 PM
Ok so I want to make a character who uses Chakram at a mid-range, a Bow at long range and a melee weapon most likely a Longsword or something at melee/close range.

However I want specific items in mind.
Now yes I know of the Blinkback Belt which would help with a Chakram to return to the build for a full attack if you only had one or two so it helps.

But I wanted a Chakram based somewhat off of the Dwarven Thrower (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/magic-weapons/specific-magic-weapons/dwarven-thrower) style, just a Chakram not a Warhammer.

For the Bow I can buy that but its gonna be costly at 19,400 K. So if I make it myself rather then buy it should be cheaper right? The bow is a Comp. Longbow with the Adaptive and the Endless Ammunition magical weapon enhancements on it.

For Melee I would like a Longsword that might have the Transformative ability but also the Impact (The PF version that makes the weapons damage dice one size bigger).

As for Armor its gotta be Medium I am found of the Celestial Armor but is it Mithral? Is it Masterwork it doesnt say I know is SHOULD be but I hear in PF its a bit weird as Mwk and Mithral stack.

As for the Build we are doing a wonky Tristalt/Gestalt build. One class cannot be touched or PrCed. I picked Artificer from 3.5 and we are gonna use the EXP pool as a Gold Pool instead I think.
But for the other parts of the Gestalt. I was thinking Fighter (PF) for the bonus feats, the weapon and armor training, etc.

But what should I do? Also I saw a guy saying he was using a build of TWF, Rapid Shot, Manyshot (PF), Palm Throw & Two with One Blow (From Master Thrower 3.5) to get a lot of throwing attacks per turn but also a lot of shots with Rapid and Manyshot working with the Bow too right?

Bigbeefie
2013-12-29, 11:30 PM
As for Armor its gotta be Medium I am found of the Celestial Armor but is it Mithral? Is it Masterwork it doesn't say I know is SHOULD be but I hear in PF its a bit weird as Mwk and Mithral stack.

No Mithral and MWK don't stack. Anything made of Mithral is considered masterwork. Yes Celestial armor is Mithral....So it counts as light armor but gives stats of medium armor. There is Celestial Full Plate which is Heavy armor that is considered medium armor. Does the same thing just full plate stats.

But I wanted a Chakram based somewhat off of the Dwarven Thrower style, just a Chakram not a Warhammer.

Easy Just change the word Warhammer and dwarven to what ever you want. Cost almost the exact same to make or buy.

For the Bow I can buy that but its gonna be costly at 19,400 K. So if I make it myself rather then buy it should be cheaper right? The bow is a Comp. Longbow with the Adaptive and the Endless Ammunition magical weapon enhancements on it.

Making magic items costs a feat and you need the right Crafting skillpoints or Spellcraft. But the feat requires you to be a CASTER to take. Not very good Feat for you to pick up but if a caster in the group wants to help that would be great.

2nd Endless ammo is a bad enchant. First when it comes to busting DR you need that bad boy either chanted up or buy special Ammo like cold iron arrows which cost 2g for a bundle of 20. How buying ammo breaks the Bank....Not really.

Your right about Adaptive though and Composite. Get a +1 Comp Longbow with a +1 str....then spend an extra 1000 on Adaptive.....cost so far is 3000g. Next buy some special arrows just pick up a few good ones as arrows can be bought cheap in 1-5 arrows at a time. Next buy a wand of Gravity bow...allows you to shoot 2d6 arrows. If you can afford more on a bow Put holy/unholy/ +d6 (what you fight most).

For Melee I would like a Longsword that might have the Transformative ability but also the Impact (The PF version that makes the weapons damage dice one size bigger).

Your talking Big money. Long sword or Scimitar will do...I prefer a Scimitar for the Higher crit range. But pick which ever you like and put what you can afford on it...again I recommend just a +1 weapon with what ever enchants you can afford....But buy a wand of Greater magic weapon +3-+5 and you can save yourself alot of money. I usally make a +1 Spellstoring Thundering (as I take Improved critical and pump it up with Wand of Greater magic Weapon.) I pick thundering or holy as Thundering does sonic damage and very little things have any sonic resistance. The deafness sucks but its pure gravy if they fail.

As for the Build we are doing a wonky Tristalt/Gestalt build. One class cannot be touched or PrCed. I picked Artificer from 3.5 and we are gonna use the EXP pool as a Gold Pool instead I think.
But for the other parts of the Gestalt. I was thinking Fighter (PF) for the bonus feats, the weapon and armor training, etc.

But what should I do? Also I saw a guy saying he was using a build of TWF, Rapid Shot, Manyshot (PF), Palm Throw & Two with One Blow (From Master Thrower 3.5) to get a lot of throwing attacks per turn but also a lot of shots with Rapid and Manyshot working with the Bow too right?

I highly recommend not crossing 3.5 and PF when building a single Character. As pathfinder has more feats one at every odd level as 3.5 has less feats. The classes don't have the same mechanics anymore...as a paladins smite is OP as Crap in pathfinder. Learn pure pathfinder and then see which one you prefer and stick with that. My group has played since 3.0-Pathfinder-4.0 and we like pathfinder the best as it offers the most fun to us and we like the pre-made campaigns they are totally sweet....Rise of the runelords and the Wrath of the righteous are godly awesome stories and villains.

Houndour
2013-12-29, 11:42 PM
Artificer is a caster though, and it gets the feats for free.

This is a lvl 10 so starting gold is 62K so I have the money to do some. Also Celestial Armor does not mention being a Mithral Armor
"This +3 chainmail is so fine and light that it can be worn under normal clothing without betraying its presence. It has a maximum Dexterity bonus of +8, an armor check penalty of –2, and an arcane spell failure chance of 15%. It is considered light armor and allows the wearer to use fly on command (as the spell) once per day."
No mention of the type of metal is used but yes I agree +3 means it has to be Masterwork.

As far as not crossing. PF crosses well into 3.5 and some basic 3.5 classes and PrCs need only minor adjustments for PF. After all PF has very few PrCs

Bigbeefie
2013-12-30, 12:04 PM
Artificer is a caster though, and it gets the feats for free.

This is a lvl 10 so starting gold is 62K so I have the money to do some. Also Celestial Armor does not mention being a Mithral Armor
"This +3 chainmail is so fine and light that it can be worn under normal clothing without betraying its presence. It has a maximum Dexterity bonus of +8, an armor check penalty of –2, and an arcane spell failure chance of 15%. It is considered light armor and allows the wearer to use fly on command (as the spell) once per day."
No mention of the type of metal is used but yes I agree +3 means it has to be Masterwork.

As far as not crossing. PF crosses well into 3.5 and some basic 3.5 classes and PrCs need only minor adjustments for PF. After all PF has very few PrCs

Well I know artificer is broken and optional in 3.5. Its why PF didn't put it in. Also PF doesn't use Estault rules. That was 3.5s system to beefing up a single character. PF uses the mythic system. How do you make a 3.5 artifice and add pathfinder fighter? Your which games feat progression you using? Which skill system you using?

Also celestial armor gives the exact explanation integral does. Up thr max deux, counts as light. Can be worn under clothing.