PDA

View Full Version : Prestige Progression (Ultimate Theurgergy)

GhengisConrad
2013-12-30, 12:43 PM
Can binders progress like Warlocks from prestige classes (that is to say, can they benefit from "+1 arcane spellcasting level" stuffs)? I think not... but better to ask.

I'm toying with a binder/totemist/umbral deciple/monk build, and would love to mix some soul-caster for a few levels by sneaking precocious dusk-blade at the front end...

Psyren
2013-12-30, 01:24 PM
Can binders progress like Warlocks from prestige classes (that is to say, can they benefit from "+1 arcane spellcasting level" stuffs)? I think not... but better to ask.

I'm toying with a binder/totemist/umbral deciple/monk build, and would love to mix some soul-caster for a few levels by sneaking precocious dusk-blade at the front end...

No, however there are specific PrCs that advance binding and PrCs (like Legacy Champion) that advance everything.

GhengisConrad
2013-12-30, 03:59 PM
No, however there are specific PrCs that advance binding and PrCs (like Legacy Champion) that advance everything.

Well, the problem with Legacy Champion, is that it doesn't advance everything, but rather, anything.

What I like about SoulCaster is that it advanced two abilities at once, allowing me to sneak more nifties into my builds.

Basically, I want to advance:

Monk
SwordSage
Totemist
Binder

Are there prestige classes that will advance at least two of those?

Kaje
2013-12-30, 05:08 PM
Unfortunately, you'll have to resort to homebrew if you want to progress those together. There's an amazing totemist/binder theurge class over in homebrew called the Midnight Occultist.

GhengisConrad
2013-12-30, 05:56 PM
alright fine, I'll settle for any prestige class that advances either of those with a favorable BAB?!?!? anyone?!?!?!?! :eek::frown::furious::confused::amused::annoyed:

Thrice Dead Cat
2013-12-30, 05:59 PM
Unfortunately, you'll have to resort to homebrew if you want to progress those together. There's an amazing totemist/binder theurge class over in homebrew called the Midnight Occultist.

+1 to the Midnight Occulist. Absolutely love it. On that note, here is the finished prestige class (http://forum.faxcelestis.net/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=22).

Chronos
2013-12-30, 06:01 PM
Knight of the Sacred Seal is full binding progression and full BAB.

You could also just ask your DM to houserule a binding variant of your class of choice.