PDA

View Full Version : IC Age of Worms: Trans-Atlantic Party



Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

Untarr
2014-08-07, 11:07 AM
Round 2

Jan, Olofire, MOVE!
She yells as she flies across the room to loose another wave of flames...


[roll0] Religion
[roll1] Fire Dmg DC 17 Reflex Half

Move into a position to hit both squares of ? And then use Burning Hands.

Looks like they go before Arkiana, she only attacks if she can get both squares worth of creatures without hitting anyone. If not, frost ray anything not in melee for attack and Dmg in the next post.

Untarr
2014-08-07, 11:15 AM
[roll0]
[roll1] CC

[roll2] FROST DMG

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-07, 02:06 PM
Round 2

Lyr easily destroys the remaining skeleton, in spite of his choice of weapon. Jan misses with her acid bolt and the tiny undead monstrosities swarm up the stairs with amazing speed and attack Dr. Olofire. He isn't able to retaliate with his sling, and three hit him (3 damage and 3 separate DC 15 Fortitude saves). Seeing her ally in melee with the creatures Arkiana tries to hit one with a bit of ice magic, but misses. Frederick moves up behind the doctor and swings his hammer, again missing. When Olofire moves into the room the abominations are unable to effectively attack him due to their short reach, and he retaliates by hitting one powerfully (critical hit!) with his sling before dropping it and drawing a scalpel.

Lyr moves to N37 and destroys the remaining skeleton
Jan tries to use an Acid Bolt (misses) and moves to Q38
The Tomb Motes scramble to attack Olofire (AC 17) (Olofire cannot make attacks of opportunity with his sling)
Bite [roll0] attack, [roll1] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll2] (1) damage (Hit)
Bite [roll3] attack, [roll4] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll5] (1) damage (Hit)
Bite [roll6] attack, [roll7] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll8] damage (Hit)
Bite [roll9] attack, [roll10] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll11] damage (Miss)
For each successful hit Olofire needs to roll a DC 13 Fortitude save or become infected with the Red Ache (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/glossary.html#_red-ache) disease
Arkiana misses a Tomb Mote with a Ray of Frost
Frederick moves to R39 and misses a Tomb Mote
Olofire moves to Q39 (the Tomb Motes cannot make attacks of opportunity due to their size) and attacks with his sling
[roll12] attack, [roll13] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll14] (4) damage (Critical Hit!)
All skeletons are dead, the map is updated, and the Tomb Motes are doubled up in squares S38 and T38 (two creatures in each square).

JWallyR
2014-08-07, 02:41 PM
Round 3

Jan eyes the filthy little things for a moment, and then seems to consciously will ripples of force that erupt onto the tomb motes, covering the floor in a slippery sheen...

Assuming Lyr doesn't get in the way, another casting of Grease, covering S,38 to T,39
DC is 15 if using caster DC levels (is this the case?)

If Lyr is in the way... Uh... Ray of Frost
Attack: [roll0]
CC: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 23/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

Farmerbink
2014-08-07, 08:34 PM
Round 3

Frederick firmly stands his ground against the small beasts. Come on, you wee devils! Have at you!



[roll0] attack. crit: x3
[roll1] cc
[roll2] damage

If there's an AOO:

[roll3] attack. x3
[roll4] cc
[roll5] damage

If I take more than 5 damage in the meantime, LoH self: [roll6]

MuffinMan
2014-08-07, 09:07 PM
Round 3

"What in the Dweller's name are those?!" Jumping back over the furniture, Lyr adjusts the holy symbol around his neck to be on prominent display. "Begone, fiends!"

Move to Q37, or as near the room center as possible, then Channel Positive Energy to harm undead:
[roll0] damage, DC 11 Will save for half.

AoO if applicable:
Attack [roll1]
Crit confirm [roll2] (threat on 20 for x3)
Damage Attack [roll3]

Lyrindethos Al'thallenon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=810776)
M CN Half-Elf Cleric, Level 3, Init +8, HP 24/24, Speed 30 (40 base)
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 19, CMD 19, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 2, Action Points -
Flying Blade +3 (+7 AoO) (1d12 + 4, x3)
Masterwork Club +6 (1d6 + 3, x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8 + 4, x3)
+1 Chainmail, Tortoise Shell Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition None
Daily Use Abilities
Channel Positive Energy 1 / 3
Bit of Luck 0 / 5
Agile Feet 1 / 5

Untarr
2014-08-08, 06:22 AM
Round 3



Frost Ray
[roll0] vs touch
[roll1] CC
[roll2] Frost DMG

Arkiana VanDuren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=751636)
Female Lawful Neutral Elf Wizard, Level 3, Init +9, HP 16/16, DR 0, Speed 30
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1, Action Points N/A
- Ray of Frost (-) +5 (1d3+1, 2x)
(+3 Dex)
Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 14, Cha 7
Condition None
Familiar: Greensting Scorpion
8/8 HP NonLethal DMG: 0
+2 Fort, +5 Will, +5 Ref
AC 18, Touch 15, FF 15

Stealth[+19], Perception[+ 10], Climb [+7]

60 ft. Darkvision, M Speed, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Deliver Touch Spells

Albinobrow
2014-08-08, 09:53 AM
Round 3


Fortitude saves:
1 [roll0]
2 [roll1]
3 [roll2]

Albinobrow
2014-08-08, 11:00 AM
Round 3 cont.

GYAHH!!! Dr. Olofire scared at the sudden attacks from behind reaches for the little flask of blueish-greenish swirling liquids and chokes it down quickly. As the new transformation occurs he says through gritted, and continually sharpening, teeth, 30 minutes. Let's clear this place in 30 minutes!


Free action to drop last scalpel, move action to draw mutagen, standard action to drink and become a little monster! Muahahaha!!

If i get an AoO swing with my shiny new claw attack!
Attack [roll0]
CC [roll1]
Damage [roll2] + SA (if applicable) [roll3]

Dr. Olofire Lightouch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=848022)
Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Vivis/Chirurgeon), Level 3, Init +6, HP 20/23, Speed 30 ft
AC 21, Touch 17, Flat-footed 15, CMD 17, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 02
Scalpel (dagger) +7 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (Bullets) +7 (1d3, x2)
only while mutated Claw +9 (1d4, x2)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
Condition Infected with Red Ache.. Blech..
Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor
Extracts prepared: Cure Light wounds x2; Shield x2
# of unprepared extracts: 0

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-08, 11:46 AM
Round 3

Lyr channels the power of his god, hitting all four of the tiny creatures, though only one seems particularly effected. Jan casts a spell to conjure a slick underneath the feet of the Tomb Motes, causing three to fall prone.

Then, with amazing speed, the abominations move! The mote still standing moves to attack Lyr. The cleric's flying blade whips out and destroys the undead before it can bite him. Two of the prone motes leap up, dodging Lyr's attacks, and move to attack the cleric and paladin, missing both. Frederick hits the one who attacked him, and then kills it a moment later when his second attack connects. The final monstrosity stands but is unable to make forward motion.

Arkiana's bolt of frost misses, while Olofire drinks his mutagen and starts his transformation.

Lyr moves to Q37 and channels Positive Energy for 4 damage

Tomb Motes #1 [roll0] (Fail)
Tomb Motes #2 [roll1] (Pass)
Tomb Motes #3 [roll2] (Pass)
Tomb Motes #4 [roll3] (Pass)
Jan casts Grease

Tomb Motes #1 [roll4] (Pass)
Tomb Motes #2 [roll5] (Fail)
Tomb Motes #3 [roll6] (Fail)
Tomb Motes #4 [roll7] (Fail)
The Tomb Motes move to S38 and R38 and (2) attack Lyr and (2) attack Frederick

#1 [roll8] (Succeeds)
#2 [roll9] (Succeeds to Stand)
#3 [roll10] (Succeeds to Stand)
#4 [roll11] (Succeeds to Stand)
#1 [roll12] (If needed)
#2 [roll13] (If needed) (Succeeds)
#3 [roll14] (If needed) (Fail)
#4 [roll15] (If needed) (Succeeds)
#1 [roll16] (If needed)
#2 [roll17] (If needed)
#3 [roll18] (If needed) (Reflex Save w/+2 - Does not fall prone)
#4 [roll19] (If needed)
Bite [roll20] attack, [roll21] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll22] damage (Hit)
Bite [roll23] attack, [roll24] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll25] damage (Miss)
Lyr's AoO hits a Tomb Mote for 19 damage (killing Tomb Mote #1 before it attacks)
Lyr's AoO #2 [roll26] attack, [roll27] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x3 damage, [roll28] damage (Miss)
Lyr's AoO #2 [roll29] attack, [roll30] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x3 damage, [roll31] damage (Miss)
Bite [roll32] attack, [roll33] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll34] damage
Bite [roll35] attack, [roll36] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll37] damage (Miss)
Bite [roll38] attack, [roll39] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll40] damage (If able) (Miss)
Bite [roll41] attack, [roll42] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll43] damage (If able)
Bite [roll44] attack, [roll45] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll46] damage (If able)
Bite [roll47] attack, [roll48] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll49] damage (If able)
Frederick's AoO hits a Tomb Mote for 7 damage
For each successful hit Lyr needs to roll a DC 13 Fortitude save or become infected with the Red Ache disease (none hit Lyr)
Arkiana misses with her Frost Bolt
Frederick hits a Tomb Mote for 8 damage, killing Tomb Mote #4
Olofire drinks his mutagen
Two Tomb Motes still live, one in R38, one in T38.

JWallyR
2014-08-08, 06:12 PM
Round 4

Jan cautiously steps away from the Tomb Mote just a few feet in front of her to fire another ray at the further one...

Move 1 square left, if possible

Acidic ray:
Attack: [roll0]
CC: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 23/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

Untarr
2014-08-08, 06:32 PM
Round 4

Stepping over, Arkiana lines up a shot with one of the motes and lets loose with another ray of frost.

Move to (P,39)

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2] Frost DMG

Arkiana VanDuren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=751636)
Female Lawful Neutral Elf Wizard, Level 3, Init +9, HP 16/16, DR 0, Speed 30
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1, Action Points N/A
- Ray of Frost (-) +5 (1d3+1, 2x)
(+3 Dex)
Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 14, Cha 7
Condition None
Familiar: Greensting Scorpion
8/8 HP NonLethal DMG: 0
+2 Fort, +5 Will, +5 Ref
AC 18, Touch 15, FF 15

Stealth[+19], Perception[+ 10], Climb [+7]

60 ft. Darkvision, M Speed, Empathic Link, Improved Evasion, Share Spells, Deliver Touch Spells

MuffinMan
2014-08-08, 08:18 PM
Round 4

"Fast little buggers, aren't they?" Lyr remarks. Hopping back from the mote in front of him, he spins in place before snapping the flying blade outward in a vicious attack!

Agile Feet and 5ft step to R36 (flanking with Olofire and Frederick), then attack:
Attack [roll0] (with flanking)
CC [roll1] (Crit 20/x3)
Damage [roll2]

Flanking AoO if applicable:
Attack [roll3] (with flanking)
CC [roll4] (Crit 20/x3)
Damage [roll5]
Lyrindethos Al'thallenon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=810776)
M CN Half-Elf Cleric, Level 3, Init +8, HP 24/24, Speed 30 (40 base)
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 19, CMD 19, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 2, Action Points -
Flying Blade +3 (+7 AoO) (1d12 + 4, x3)
Masterwork Club +6 (1d6 + 3, x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8 + 4, x3)
+1 Chainmail, Tortoise Shell Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition None
Daily Use Abilities
Channel Positive Energy 1 / 3
Bit of Luck 0 / 5
Agile Feet 2 / 5

Albinobrow
2014-08-08, 08:39 PM
Round 4

Dr. Olofire's body shudders under the pain of his transformation. As before his skin becomes taught against him as most of his body fat is burned as fuel for the changes taking place, also making him more lithe and agile on his feet. But for the first time he felt the newest addition to his mutagen. His hands tense with fingers splayed wide and he opens his mouth wide, squeezing his eyes shut to try and block out the new sensation of some calcium from various parts of his bones and keratin from his seemingly shrinking hair travel along his bloodstream and combine to elongate and sharpen both his nails and his teeth. His new mutation now complete, he opens his eyes wide and smiles a very toothy smile as he feels the new power surging through him. His wide eyes turn to a glare as his focuses his gaze upon the creatures that bit him, You.


If I can do a full attack on the critter next to me and am able to get combat advantage against him by taking a 5 foot step, i will do so. Otherwise:
FULL ATTACK!
Claw 1 [roll0] CC (for x2 dmg) [roll1] Dmg [roll2] + SN (if applicable) [roll3]
Claw 2 [roll4] CC (for x2 dmg) [roll5] Dmg [roll6] + SN (if applicable) [roll7]
Bite [roll8] CC (for x2 dmg) [roll9] Dmg [roll10] + SN (if applicable) [roll11]

If he is dead, move to the other one and bite! Grrrr!
Bite [roll12] CC (for x2 dmg) [roll13] Dmg [roll14] + SN (if applicable) [roll15]


Dr. Olofire Lightouch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=848022)
Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Vivis/Chirurgeon), Level 3, Init +6, HP 20/23, Speed 30 ft
AC 21, Touch 17, Flat-footed 15, CMD 17, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 02
Scalpel (dagger) +9 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (Bullets) +9 (1d3, x2)
only while mutated Claw +9 (1d4, x2)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
Condition Infected with Red Ache.. Blech..
Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor
Extracts prepared: Cure Light wounds x2; Shield x2
# of unprepared extracts: 0

Farmerbink
2014-08-08, 09:10 PM
Round 4

love you guys. I'm STUPID exhausted I wanna hit something if it's still alive.

Frederick attacks

[roll]1d20+7/roll] attack. crit: , x3
[roll0] cc
[roll1] damage

Potential AOO.

[roll]1d20+7/roll] attack. crit: , x3
[roll2] cc
[roll3] damage

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-08, 10:02 PM
Round 4

Jan hits a mote with her acid before the undead move. The one nearest Olofire attempts to attack him again, receiving a devastating bite from the mutated halfling that kills it (while leaving a truly awful taste in the Doctor's mouth). The other mote cannot make any headway, first falling in the grease and then getting up but going no where. Frederick takes a careful step onto the grease and disposes of it with a mighty blow from his hammer, smashing it utterly.

Lyr moves to R36 and misses the Tomb Mote
Jan moves to P38 and hits a Tomb Mote for 6 damage
Tomb Mote moves to attack Olofire
Lyr's AoO misses
Olofire hits for 16 damage, destroying the mote before it can attack
Tomb Mote moves to try and attack Frederick
Acrobatics vs. DC 10 [roll0] (Fail)
Acrobatics vs. DC 10 [roll1] (if needed)
Reflex Save [roll2] if needed (Fail)
Frederick moves and attacks for a critical hit, destroying the mote
End of Combat. There is a door on the north wall. The skeletons heavy crossbows have no extra bolts. The scimitars they were using have a nasty, greasy coat of poison on them. The tomb motes have no treasure.

Untarr
2014-08-08, 10:15 PM
Hmph.

Necromancers.

Turning from the undead she heads over to the door and her eyes begin to glow.

Detect Magic

We must assume that because Filge knows we are coming, that every door is trapped. Doctor, she says glancing over his altered form I assume you can still pick locks in your altered state?

Seeing the bits of tomb mote in his teeth...You should wash your mouth out as soon as we are done here. I'm not sure those things were edible.

MuffinMan
2014-08-08, 11:29 PM
Panting a bit from his recent exertion, Lyr stops still as he catches sight of the transformed Dr. Olofire. As he regathers his flying blade and considers the halfling, his expression become unusually serious and careful.

"Uh... Doc? Are you feeling alright?"

Albinobrow
2014-08-09, 06:13 AM
Taking only a moment to try and spit out the nasty taste in his mouth, he moves to the door and looks for traps. I feel great actually, except for how that tasted. But we must hurry. I can only hold this form for another 29 minutes and 30 seconds.

Move to the door. And search for traps then open it.
Perception [roll0]
Disable device [roll1]
And unlock the door (assuming it is indeed locked)
Disable device [roll2]

Untarr
2014-08-09, 06:21 AM
What a fascinating transformation. Maybe he isn't useless after all. Arkiana smiles at Olofire as he examines the door.

Albinobrow
2014-08-09, 06:38 AM
Not looking up from his work he says, Would one of you mind picking up my scalpels and sling from over by the door and handing them to me? I'd hate to have miscalculated the time I have and be with out something to defend myself.

This'll be my last post till I get off work tonight. Unless I can squeeze one on at lunch. But Rob will you keep track of how much time has passed please?

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-09, 10:07 AM
The door is unlocked, untrapped, and unmagical. It opens into the room in which the PCs are, so a moment of moving rubble and such out of the way has it open, showing an unlit hallway leading off to the left. Across from the PCs there are four closed doors along the north wall.

There is the smell of something truly foul coming from the left.
There are caltrops (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/equipment.html#_adventuring-gear) spread throughout the hallway, present in each visible square.

JWallyR
2014-08-09, 10:44 AM
Dr. Olofire's body shudders under the pain of his transformation. As before his skin becomes taught against him as most of his body fat is burned as fuel for the changes taking place, also making him more lithe and agile on his feet. But for the first time he felt the newest addition to his mutagen. His hands tense with fingers splayed wide and he opens his mouth wide, squeezing his eyes shut to try and block out the new sensation of some calcium from various parts of his bones and keratin from his seemingly shrinking hair travel along his bloodstream and combine to elongate and sharpen both his nails and his teeth. His new mutation now complete, he opens his eyes wide and smiles a very toothy smile as he feels the new power surging through him.

Jan tilts her head to give Olofire an appraising glance, but otherwise seems unaffected by his bizarre mutation.

Well, that was exciting. Is everybody ok? she looks around, noticing the small (compared to his current form) scrapes on Olofire as he works at the door.
Perception checks:
[roll0]
[roll1]



The door is unlocked, untrapped, and unmagical. It opens into the room in which the PCs are, so a moment of moving rubble and such out of the way has it open, showing an unlit hallway leading off to the left. Across from the PCs there are four closed doors along the north wall.

There is the smell of something truly foul coming from the left.
There are caltrops (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/equipment.html#_adventuring-gear) spread throughout the hallway, present in each visible square.

Phew! Does anybody else smell that terrible smell? I think it's coming from over there... She points to the the hallway on the left. Oh, yikes! There's spiky things all over the floor! Watch your step...

MuffinMan
2014-08-09, 12:57 PM
Lyr looks into the hallway and nearly gags at the stench. At Jan's warning he scowls down at the caltrops. "You'll have to do better than that, Filge!" he bellows down the hall. Then, exchanging the flying blade for his club and shield, he sets about using them to clear away the caltrops - piling them in corners where they're unlikely to be stepped on.

Lyr intends to clear away the caltrops from the first two doors, piling them all in R34,R35. Perception in case he's interrupted while doing so: [roll0]

Farmerbink
2014-08-09, 03:19 PM
Frederick looks at the small doctor with an oddly appraising expression. That is quite the trick you have there, doctor. He grins wickedly, prominently displaying his tusks. I like it. Let us make good use of it!

[roll0] for smelling.

Frederick steps into the hallway, and stops short. Hmm. That is an unpleasant stench. I almost do not notice it. He frowns slightly and wrinkles his nose. Almost.

He approaches Lyr and the caltrops carefully, planning to use the edge of his steel shield to help Lyr condense them into the edge of the hallway. Just before he reaches the door he stops. What is this mockery? Surely this necromancer has more than these paltry tricks up his sleeve... Wait... He quickly faces the door. Whatever danger lies in this hallway will surely come from this door. Leave them, Pilgrim, they may interfere with another threat from that direction. Let us see what the cause of this stench is before we move them.

Frederick activates detect UD directed at the door and whatever lies beyond, hammer at the ready.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-09, 04:21 PM
Before Frederick stops him Lyr clears the caltrops from part of the hallway (square P35). Frederick sees no undead auras from any of the four doors on the north side of the hallway.

Albinobrow
2014-08-09, 09:04 PM
Quickly putting his weapons away, but accessible, Olofire makes his way to the far right door. As I said, we must make haste if we are to clear this place and find the bodies before this form of mine fades! Just watch your step!


Perception to inspect for traps [roll0]
If I find a trap disable! [roll1]
If I don't find a trap but it is locked, or after I disable said trap but still locked [roll2]
Open the doooor! *Moulin Rouge style*

Still guesstimating my time left and such. I figure after opening the first door and Lyr clearing a square of caltrops that I have roughly 28.5 minutes left. If you feel it's different let me know what it should be, and I can change it. Obviously.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-09, 09:10 PM
Moving quickly, Dr. Olofire checks the doors on the north side of the hallway, finding none locked. Inside each is a simple chamber hosting a plain bed, small open footlocker, and an unremarkable wooden dresser.

Does anyone want to spend the time searching the rooms more thoroughly? Trey is wanting to move forward to avoid losing his mutagen buff, so it is necessary to ask.
It is clear that the smell is coming from the north-westernmost door in the hallway. Around the corner is an area clear of caltrops with a door at the southern end of the western wall.

Albinobrow
2014-08-09, 09:32 PM
Olofire moves down the hall without caltrops to check the last door before finding out what that smell is.


perception for traps and locks? [roll0]
traps? [roll1]
locked? [roll2]

After opening and glancing in all the rooms since they weren't locked, my guess is 28 minutes left..?

Untarr
2014-08-09, 09:52 PM
I don't mind pushing past them and coming back later if we can reasonably clear each room of possible threats.

Arkiana moves cautiously over the caltrops towards the clear hallway while Bigby checks each room as the Doctor opens them.

Arkiana and Bigby move to avoid the caltrops. Arkiana moves to (L,37) with detect magic on.

[roll0] Bigby perception for the four rooms

in case you want a perception check for each room. First perception is QR room.
[roll1] (OP)
[roll2] (MN)
[roll3] (KL)


While I appreciate your need for haste Doctor, we must still be cautious. Here, check this door before we figure out what that smell is.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-09, 10:00 PM
This door is locked. Dr. Olofire's original attempt to pick it was unable to open it, but his next attempt was.

Inside are two enormous skeletal owlbears! They immediately rush out to attack! Roll initiative and describe your first round actions - no one is surprised. (Please describe the two attackers in your post!)

Untarr
2014-08-09, 10:07 PM
Round 1

Suddenly a large skeletal claw reaches out for the party through the now open door. Inside are two skeletal owlbears!

They are definitely significantly less cute without all their fur! she says as she opens up with a wave of flame.

[roll0] Initiative

Burning Hands DC 17 Reflex Half
[roll1] Fire DMG

Farmerbink
2014-08-10, 12:33 AM
Round 1

At sight of the owlbears, Frederick's gaze flattens. Just great. UNDEAD owlbears. Fine, you get to die TWICE!


Frederick Strongarm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752782)
M LG Half-Orc Paladin, Level 3, Init +0, HP 27/27, Speed 30
AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 19, CMD 19, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
Masterwork Greatsword +8 (2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Warhammer +7 (1d8+4, x3)
Spiked Banded Mail, Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16


Frederick attacks the owlbear skeleton in front of him. With his hammer.
[roll0] attack
[roll1] CC (x3)
[roll2] damage

MuffinMan
2014-08-10, 10:51 AM
Round 1

[roll0]
Lyr gulps and mutters under his breath, "alright, Filge - that's a bit better..." He touches his holy symbol and then the back of Frederick's armor as he takes up a defensive stance just behind the half-orc.

Use Bit of Luck on Frederick (reroll d20s). Then, try to get between the opening and Jan / Arkiana as best he can, but not blocking Arkiana's line of fire under any circumstances (or delaying until she's cast before moving).

AoO if it becomes relevant: (assuming Bull's Strength is still active (3 min duration), else all rolls are 2 less)
Attack [roll1]
CC [roll2] (crit 20/x2)
Damage [roll3]
Attack

Albinobrow
2014-08-10, 06:42 PM
Round 1

[roll0]


CLOSE THE DOOR!!!! Jam the door shut, or rig it to stay locked/closed. I believe that is a disable device check? [roll1]


Withdraw to an open caltrop free square!! to let someone less squishy take the front lines. And hopefully get into a flanking position. I know that's a lot.

I am going to roll a new character.. :smalleek:
No but I will attempt to escape as a standard action. [roll2] If I succeed, 5ft step away. If I fail, draw a CLW extract... Unless the shield one will be more beneficial. I don't know if it is if I am already grabbed though.

Dr. Olofire Lightouch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=848022)
Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Vivis/Chirurgeon), Level 3, Init +6, HP 20/23, Speed 30 ft
AC 21, Touch 17, Flat-footed 15, CMD 17, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 02
Scalpel (dagger) +7 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (Bullets) +7 (1d3, x2)
only while mutated Claw +9 (1d4, x2)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
Condition Infected with Red Ache.. Blech..
Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor
Extracts prepared: Cure Light wounds x2; Shield x2
# of unprepared extracts: 0

JWallyR
2014-08-10, 08:32 PM
Round 1
Jan starts at the sight of the skeletal monstrosities, and points her finger to discharge an acidic ray at the closest one!

Initiative: [roll0]
Acidic ray!
Attack: [roll1]
CC: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 23/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-10, 10:17 PM
Round 1

Arkiana leaps around to get a clear shot with her spell, burning both skeletons before they can dodge out of the way. The nearest owlbear skeleton claws and bites at Olofire, but the not-quite-as-little-as-usual halfling is too quick and dodges all its attacks. Lyr blesses the paladin, and Frederick charges into attack the owlbears, destroying the first. The second skeleton then attacks Frederick, grievously clawing and biting at the paladin (24 damage, no criticals...) and grabbing him an hugging him close against its empty rib cage. Realizing the danger, Olofire steps back to allow Lyr in to heal the half-orc, taking the opportunity to drink an extract (Shield) in the process. Jan fires a shot off at the owlbear skeleton grappling her friend, the acid bolt hitting and sizzling against the bones.

Arkiana moves to L39 and casts Burning Hands for 16 damage
OBS 1 Reflex vs. DC 17 [roll0] (fail)
OBS 2 Reflex vs. DC 17 [roll1] (fail)
OBS 1 attacks Dr. Olofire
Claw [roll2] attack, [roll3] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll4] vs. 21 AC (miss)
Grab [roll5] grapple vs. CMD 17
Claw [roll6] attack, [roll7] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll8] vs. 21 AC (miss)
Grab [roll9] grapple vs. CMD 17
Bite [roll10] attack, [roll11] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll12] vs. 21 AC (miss)
Lyr - 15 - Bit of Luck on Frederick
Frederick moves to either K38 or L38 and hits OBS1 for 7 damage (destroying it)
[roll13] attack (to see if a critical threat), (crit check would confirm already) (does not crit)
OBS 2 attacks Frederick
Claw [roll14] attack, [roll15] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll16] vs. 19 AC (hit)
Grab [roll17] grapple vs. CMD 19 (fail)
Claw [roll18] attack, [roll19] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll20] vs. 19 AC (hit)
Grab [roll21] grapple vs. CMD 19 (success)
Bite [roll22] attack, [roll23] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll24] vs. 19 AC (hit)
Olofire either steps back to use a shield extract or fails to get free of the grapple
Jan - 5 - Hits OBS1 with Acid Bolt for 5 damage
Frederick is at 3 HPs and grappled. Only one owlbear skeleton remains. The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=12) is updated.

Untarr
2014-08-10, 10:44 PM
Round 2

Pushing past Lyr for a better angle, Arkiana opens up with a ray frost from the other side of the door.

Move to L, 37

Ray of Frost
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

JWallyR
2014-08-10, 11:21 PM
Round 2

Jan gasps as the undead creature savages Frederick. She frantically looks for a clear shot at the fiendish beast...

I'm hoping the thing is dead by now... otherwise:

Acidic Ray!
Attack: [roll0] <--- including -4 for ranged into melee
CC: [roll1] <--- including -4 for ranged into melee
Damage: [roll2]

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 23/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

MuffinMan
2014-08-11, 12:08 AM
Round 2

"Hold on, Frederick! Yaaahhhh!" Dropping his shield, Lyr's off-hand suddenly glows with divine radiance as he rushes forward with a spell.

Drop shield. If the owlbear is still up, convert Liberating Command into CLW, then move into melee and touch attack to damage undead:
Attack [roll0] (vs touch) for [roll1] positive energy damage.

If the owlbear is down by then, instead convert Consecrate into Cure Moderate Wounds and heal Frederick for [roll2] HP.
Lyrindethos Al'thallenon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=810776)
M CN Half-Elf Cleric, Level 3, Init +8, HP 24/24, Speed 30 (40 base)
AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, CMD 19, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 2, Action Points -
Flying Blade +3 (+7 AoO) (1d12 + 4, x3)
Masterwork Club +6 (1d6 + 3, x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8 + 4, x3)
+1 Chainmail, Tortoise Shell Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 20, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition None
Daily Use Abilities
Channel Positive Energy 1 / 3
Bit of Luck 1 / 5
Agile Feet 2 / 5

Albinobrow
2014-08-11, 01:19 AM
Round 2

Dr. Olofire Lightouch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=848022)
Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Vivis/Chirurgeon), Level 3, Init +6, HP 20/23, Speed 30 ft
AC 25, Touch 17, Flat-footed 19, CMD 17, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 02
Scalpel (dagger) +7 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (Bullets) +7 (1d3, x2)
only while mutated Claw +9 (1d4, x2)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +4 Shield, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
Condition Infected with Red Ache.. Blech..
Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor
Extracts prepared: Cure Light wounds x2; Shield x1
# of unprepared extracts: 0

NOOO!! ME!! THAT'S SUPPOSED TO BE ME!! LET GO OF HIM!! Olofire runs into the room swinging at the monster!

Move into the room and swing!
Claw Attack
CC [roll]1d20+
Claw damage [roll1] + SA (if applicable) [roll2]

Farmerbink
2014-08-11, 07:35 AM
Round 2

Frederick, roaring in pain, attempts to reverts the grapple and damage the owlbear in the process.


If I succeed, I want to maintain the grapple to deny the thing it's dex bonus to AC vs other guys.
[roll0] grapple
[roll1] bit of luck grapple
[roll2] damage

Farmerbink
2014-08-11, 07:38 AM
I forgot lay in Hondas... Or on hands. Thanks, autocorrect.

+[roll0] hps to myself, as a swift action.

Woo.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 10:42 AM
Round 2

Combat is over moments later when Lyr channels his deity's power, destroying the magic animating the remaining owlbear skeleton.

Arkiana misses with her Frost Bolt
Lyr channels positive energy to destroy the Owlbear skeleton (no rolls necessary, as even 2 damage - his minimum damage rolled - halved will destroy it)
Taking a moment after, Lyr heals Frederick with two spells, for a total of 19 HPs healed.

The room appears to have once been a small office, though the enormous skeletons inside haven't done the furniture any good. There is nothing of value here.

JWallyR
2014-08-11, 11:37 AM
Jan rushes over to Frederick. Are you okay?? Those things don't seem to like you whether they're dead or alive! Scowling at nobody in particular, Jan shakes her fist at the observatory and says Filge, you're gonna get it!

Farmerbink
2014-08-11, 11:52 AM
Those things don't seem to like you whether they're dead or alive! Scowling at nobody in particular.

Frederick growls under his breath. The feeling is mutual. At least we can rest fairly assured that those owlbears will not try to kill me again. He scowls at the ground, nods in thanks at Lyr, and moves back to the front of the group as he checks the straps of his armor. Come. A certain necromancer needs to pay for this.

Albinobrow
2014-08-11, 12:31 PM
Not making eye contact with Frederick, Olofire hands him an infusion. I hope you don't have to use it, but this will also help heal your wounds. I'm sorry. That should have been me, not you.. He finally steels himself to meet Frederick's eyes. I'm glad you are ok. And with that, he moves back into the hall of caltrops, a little more cautious than he was before.

Let's find out what that dreadful smell is, shall we? 27 minutes left.


Give Frederick 1 CLW infusion. Move at half speed to final unopened door. Quick search for traps, and disabling and unlocking if necessary.
Perception [roll0]
Disable device for traps (if there are any found) [roll1]
Disable device for locks (if locked) [roll2]

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 01:12 PM
The door is unlocked and has no traps.

Opening the door, the party finds the source of the smell. The revolting stench of rotting flesh roils from the open door. In the room beyond ten chairs surround an oblong dining table situated parallel to the door. Along the north wall, a wide staircase leads to an upper floor. A wooden door below the stairs presumably leads to a slim chamber. Two doors line the south wall. A sagging antique wooden shelf dominates the west wall, looking like it might collapse at any moment.

Three tall candles on the dining table illuminate a sight of terror. With the exception of the place at the western end, each of the chairs surrounding the table holds an awkwardly seated humanoid figure. The nine bodies are in various stages of decomposition. Some sit with splendid posture, pause as if midway through a sumptuous feast. Others slump treacherously close to the floor.

Heaping plates of apparently fresh food sit before each of the diners, but the empty place setting features a clean plate and set of utensils. Several bottles of red wine rest upon the table, and each of the copses sits before a half-finished glass. A fly passes nearby, its there-not-there buzz breaking the eerie silence.

Slight movements can be seen from each of the figures, suggesting that they may be animated.
These may be zombies of some kind, though their usual behavior (attacking the living, moaning, etc...) is absent.
They are definitely undead.

JWallyR
2014-08-11, 01:18 PM
Perception: [roll0]

Eyes wide, Jan surveys the scene with clear disgust. What a waste of perfectly good food!

Untarr
2014-08-11, 01:26 PM
[roll0] Bigby Perception
[roll1] Arkiana
[roll2] Knowledge Undead


I never knew zombies to eat such faire. It seems our host has a macabre sense of humor.

Looking at Frederick she continues with a whisper

We need to figure out why they are not attacking. Can you and the doctor take a closer look. I'd rather not get too close.

Farmerbink
2014-08-11, 01:34 PM
I'm sorry. That should have been me, not you.. He finally steels himself to meet Frederick's eyes.

Th big half-Orc looks down at the genetically modified halfling with genuine pleasure in his eyes. He smiles and nods, graciously accepting the extract. I too hope to have no need, but do not feel unwell. I knew my path long before we entered this observatory. Mine is to protect, and to my dying breath, I intend to. I regret nothing, and the pain is fleeting. He grins a toothy grin. I must say, this change is an amusing one, to say the least.

He pushes through the door first, mentioning to the party: I doubt any of you will be surprised, but there is undead present beyond this door. Be on your guard. As they enter, confusion overtakes his features. He does not drop his guard, but addresses the groupwhile drawing his greatsword? If they don't attack after a couple of seconds, Frederick eill trade out the warhammer.

Whatever these figures once were, they are definitely undead now.

Farmerbink
2014-08-11, 01:38 PM
Looking at Frederick she continues with a whisper

We need to figure out why they are not attacking. Can you and the doctor take a closer look. I'd rather not get too close.

I have always felt the better question was why zombies do attack... They gain nothing from it? Despite the poor attempt at a joke, Frederick quickly sheathes his warhammer and draws his greatsword. Perhaps we will learn shortly.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 02:11 PM
The zombies remain unmoving in their chairs.

Untarr
2014-08-11, 02:37 PM
I have always felt the better question was why zombies do attack... They gain nothing from it?

I don't know, maybe it's because they're falling apart inside?
Arkiana shoots Frederick a quick grin.

Without a way of telling what is going on here. We need a way to make sure they don't suddenly animate as we get further in. We should simultaneously execute as many as we can, in case attacking them causes them to defend themselves.

Farmerbink
2014-08-11, 02:44 PM
I don't know, maybe it's because they're falling apart inside?
Arkiana shoots Frederick a quick grin.

Frederick stares blankly at Arkiana for a full 5 seconds.

BahaHAAAAHAAhaa! She does have a sense of humor, after all!

It takes at least another ten seconds for Frederick's a mirth to subside. Slowly, his expression becomes more somber again. I suppose that is as good a plan as any. I wonder if they understand what we are saying at all?

Perhaps Filge keeps them here to keep him company at meals. That is maybe the most pitiful thing I can imagine...

Albinobrow
2014-08-11, 02:45 PM
Olofire tries as best he can to stealthily get closer to the closest zombie and inspect as to why it is not moving at all.

Move to closest one stealthily (if it helps at all) [roll0]
Perception [roll1] to see why they aren't moving.

Dr. Olofire Lightouch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=848022)
Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Vivis/Chirurgeon), Level 3, Init +6, HP 20/23, Speed 30 ft
AC 25, Touch 17, Flat-footed 19, CMD 17, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 02
Scalpel (dagger) +7 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (Bullets) +7 (1d3, x2)
only while mutated Claw +9 (1d4, x2)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +4 Shield, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
Condition Infected with Red Ache.. Blech..
Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor
Extracts prepared: Cure Light wounds x1; Shield x1
# of unprepared extracts: 0

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 03:07 PM
The zombies do not react in any way to the conversations going on amongst the PCs.

The doctor is able to get directly next to the nearest one, finding it also unresponsive. He is able to get adjacent, peer closely at it, even lightly poke it without response.

Does the party attack the zombie diners?

There is an empty seat at the head of the table. If this is here Filge sits, perhaps the zombies will respond to something being done there...

JWallyR
2014-08-11, 03:13 PM
[roll0]

Jan scratches her head as she gazes at the macabre scene. Why on Earth would someone animate a bunch of corpses only to leave them sitting motionless around a table? And what's the point of the food?

Albinobrow
2014-08-11, 03:18 PM
[roll0] Am I smart today?

They don't appear to respond to any sort of normal stimuli. Still I wonder.. They are posed as dinner guests.. The seat at the head of the table is empty.. Hmmm... He looks at up Frederick. Should we risk sitting in the chair and animating them to see what happens? Try and hastily un-animate them? Or just keep pushing through? I believe I've only about 26 minutes left in this form.

Albinobrow
2014-08-11, 03:25 PM
As he waits for an answer, he heads over to the empty seat and inspects it for anything unusual.

[roll0]

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 03:28 PM
The seat is unremarkable in every way.

JWallyR
2014-08-11, 03:29 PM
Jan looks at the slightly-monstrous halfling with glee! That's it! It's a zombie tea party!

...make that wine party? She looks at the goblets with some confusion.

Maybe they wake up and talk, and Filge asks them for advice? Then again, she continues with furrowed brows, why would they be down here instead of higher up in the tower, behind more defenses?

MuffinMan
2014-08-11, 07:16 PM
Surveying the sumptuous fare and inanimate dinner guests, Lyr makes a rapid decision. "One way to find out, I suppose!" Gesturing at the others to get into position, he walks up to the head of table. Scooping up a wineglass and dinner fork, he rings it loudly and addresses the assembly. "Gentlem-, err, gentle zombies? Any reason we shouldn't dispatch you back to nether reaches from whence you came?"

If there is no response, Lyr reaches for a wine bottle, sniffs it, and pours a glass while sitting down in the chair.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 07:35 PM
Nothing happens until the half-elf sits in the chair, when ll the zombies seemingly spring to life and begin acting out a formal dinner party. The undead diners lack the precision necessary to slice their food and merely go through the motions of eating and drinking.

The grotesque pantomime continues with one of the zombies turning to look at Lyr and apparently speaking, saying, "Once again, milord has provided a delicious meal," in an accent tinged with airs of nobility. "It is an honor to dine in your august presence."

Another turns, saying, "The Guild of Wizardy was wrong to turn you out. You ought to show them like you showed me..."

An apparently female zombie continues, saying earnestly, "I shouldn't have ever doubted you, Filge. I always loved you when we were together. Now I will love you forever!"

This continues until Lyr stands again, at which point the zombies return to "rest" in their beginning positions. Sitting again causes the scene to apparently reset from the beginning of the script.

The silver dining utensils prominently displayed on the rotting shelves against the west wall are likely worth around 200 GP.

Albinobrow
2014-08-11, 07:38 PM
Appraising the things [roll0]

That was appalling! Frederick, we must free these corpses from this unlife. But can it wait, till we are on our way out. I only have 26 minutes left in this form, and we still have no idea what is upstairs.

MuffinMan
2014-08-11, 07:51 PM
Lyr squirms back uncomfortably as far as the chair will allow him while receiving the diner's... attentions. Jumping up, he scrutinizes the wine in his glass quickly before setting it aside in favor of a long pull from the flask within his holy symbol. "That-" his brows arch incredulously as he takes another sip. "-is more pathetic than playing with loaded dice. Badly loaded dice."

At Olofire's suggestion, he stows his club and shield and retrieves his flying blade. "You'll get no argument from me, Doc. Still, we should check these out before we turn our backs on 'em" he indicates the doors at the north and south of the chamber. "Frederick, care to do the honors? Try not to anger any owlbears this time!"

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 08:01 PM
The door on the south wall opens into a kitchen which is in serious need of attention. Inside is an enormous wheel of cheese, a moldy loaf of bread, and several strips of stringy cured meat. There are some shoddy cutlery scattered about that might be worth no more than 10 GP in town.

The door inside the kitchen leads to a small closet holding a handful of spices and dry food. Most shelves are bare, and the food shows a disturbing lack of imagination.

The northern door (underneath the stairs) holds four extra chairs and eight copper candle stands (worth no more than 5 GP each).
--------------------------

From the upper floors a voice can be heard calling down to the party as they finish searching the first floor rooms:

"You all are aware that I know you are here, correct? If you plan to come upstairs you should get on with it - I am a very busy man and do not have the inclination to entertain visitors who are so rude as to barge in uninvited. However, you have clearly made it past some of my guards, so perhaps it would be best to have it out. Why are you here?"

Untarr
2014-08-11, 08:10 PM
Try not to Color Spray this one... glancing up at Filge At least not yet.

We're here to get back the bodies of the Land family that Kullen and his gang stole. If you would be so kind as to fetch them for us, we'll be on our way.

Untarr
2014-08-11, 08:13 PM
I do apologize for the front door, it appears you had removed your doorbell. The good doctor let us in.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 08:14 PM
"Who? What? Front door? Give them back? You want corpses back? Why?" comes the response.

You can hear the sounds of steps coming from above (moving from south to north above the west wall).

Untarr
2014-08-11, 08:15 PM
[roll0] Bigby
[roll1] Arkiana



At least we're through the "denying you have them" phase of this conversation. Glad we skipped that. We're trying to save the world, and we need them to appease a ghost that is currently stopping us from that endeavor.

Bigby chitters angrily into Arkiana's ear.

Heading somewhere Filge?

JWallyR
2014-08-11, 08:20 PM
We're here to get back the bodies of the Land family that Kullen and his gang stole. If you would be so kind as to fetch them for us, we'll be on our way.

Jan rolls her eyes at Arkiana's comment, then stares at her in apparent confusion momentarily before clearing her throat and addressing Filge:

Ha, the jokes of this one! I'm sure what she meant to say is that we will be happy to leave you be if you will simply allow us to retrieve the bodies of the Land family so that we may put their son's spirit to rest by a proper burial. We have no quarrel with you, but we must press on with other tasks!

Diplomacy: [roll0]
Not sure whether we're improving his mood or asking for "simple aid" since we just want the bodies, not for him to actually *do* anything.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 08:24 PM
"What are you talking about? Ghosts don't usually have much power in this world - how would one be in your way if you are here? Where is this ghost? Perhaps I can make him cooperate for you..."

You can all now clearly hear footsteps in the room above the dining hall as what sounds like a man walks around. The sound of footsteps does not come towards the stairs you can see however, and his voice sounds like it is retreating as he finishes his response to Arkiana. "Look, I am very busy, if you are willing to talk about this like civilized people in spite of what that monster Kullen had to say, come upstairs to the third floor. I would appreciate you leaving my bedchamber alone and coming peacefully, though it won't be the first time I have had to fight off so-called heroes before if you want to come up armed and ready to attack me..."

Untarr
2014-08-11, 08:27 PM
Turning to everyone else...

You all know this is a trap right? We're not going up there under any illusions....TRAP.

Waiting next to the stairs, she follows Frederick up.

MuffinMan
2014-08-11, 09:14 PM
Lyr clasps his hands together and closes his eyes solemnly while intoning, "If you would outwit an adversary, you must first escape the greatest trap of all... that of YOUR MIND!" One eye opens, then the other. "What? I heard it from a monk I played at cards. Sturdy fellow, good drinker, but he wasn't much for bluffing - saw his tell every time! speaking of which..."

"And it won't be the first time we've rid the world of unhelpful necromancers!" Lyr hollers at the ceiling. "So yes, let's all keep it civil!"

Lying through his teeth and using Bit of Luck to compensate :smallwink:
[roll0]
[roll1]

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 09:52 PM
Filter doesn't respond to the cleric's words. You can no longer hear sounds of him moving upstairs.

JWallyR
2014-08-11, 10:37 PM
Sense Motive: [roll0] to ascertain if Filge is being genuine, etc.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-11, 10:39 PM
Without being able to see Filge all you can work from is his tone of voice - bored and slightly annoyed. If he can get you all to leave him alone quicker by talking, he is likely to be willing...

Farmerbink
2014-08-12, 05:53 AM
Frederick looks around, clearly out of sorts... Uh, yes... Up the stairs, then? Frederick, sword at rest, but drawn, prepares to lead the group up the stairs warily. He glances at the party before ascending. I do not understand why we give a necromancer the benefit of the doubt where we do not grant it to a thug.... Shaking his head slightly, he slowly proceeds up the stairs.

Untarr
2014-08-12, 06:41 AM
Well, to be fair, the conversation with the thug started much the same way.

As they ascend the stairs, Arkiana whispers something, and a surge of magic coalesces around her body. For a moment she seems to shimmer, before disappearing entirely!

Cast Invisibility on Arkiana and share with Bigby.

3 minute duration

[roll0] Stealth

Will Cast Detect Magic afterwords, before reaching the top of the stairs.

Arkiana's voice comes from the void where she was just standing.

Don't prattle on too long, this spell has a time limit.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-12, 10:03 AM
The stairs lead to a massive bedchamber that fills an entire floor of the observatory tower. Light filtering in from the tall windows ringing the chamber catches motes of dust in the calm air. A fine bed with plump red linen sheets squats upon a dais along the southeast cradle of the tower's arc. A nightstand next to the bed holds a wax-choked candlestick. A large rug of golden brown fur rests in the middle of the floor.

At the midpoint of the eastern wall a strange form stands rigid atop a short wooden stool, as tall as a halfling and clothed in a fine black suit and top-hat. Clean cloth bandages wrap every inch of the sentry's skin. A pair of ash tinted spectacles rests upon a long, skinny nose. The diminutive dandy holds a silver platter as if presenting a meal, and upon the tray rests the freshly preserved severed head of a middle-aged human woman. A platinum piece sits upon her outstretched, purple tongue.

A messy desk rests against the opposite wall, piled high with loose papers. An apparatus holding four long tubes filled with colored liquid peeks out from the clutter. Doors on the north and west walls appear to lead to small closets.

Wide stairs lead above. A massive white stone statue of a thin human man with outstretched angelic wings and a beatific look upon his idealized face looms large in the northwest arc of the tower wall. The angel holds a sword in one hand and cradles a harp with the other. The presentation conjures thoughts of mausoleum peaks or the graves of important men. Tall letters etched upon the statue's base spell out a single word: "Filge."

The head loudly screams "Intruder! Intruder! Intruder!"

From upstairs Filge yells down, "Are you people dense? I asked you specifically to leave my bedchambers alone! If you intend to negotiate in good faith, you aren't doing a very good job of being respectful!"
This is the pelt of an adult Lammasu (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary3/lammasu.html#_lammasu), a noble creature known for its ever vigilant crusade against evil. The rug would be difficult to move without soiling, but could be worth 200 GP to the right buyer - though it is a rather grotesque piece, given that Lammasu are intelligent and good creatures generally...
The silver tray held by the mummified figure is worth about 50 GP.
The glass spectacles on the mummified figure's face look like they would grant a +2 circumstance bonus on Will saves to resist Daze (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/daze.html#_daze) or similar effects. The right customer might pay as much as 75 GP for the pair.
There is a small case buried underneath the papers. Inside is a scroll.
This is a scroll of Animate Dead (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/animateDead.html#_animate-dead).
The complex apparatus is labeled with a handwritten note: "Necroturgons."
A beaker within the apparatus holds four 6-inch-long tubes filled with different-colored, soupy liquids. The colors of each liquid are milky-blue, deep red, sallow yellow, and white with black streaks. Every so often, something within the beakers seems to move slightly, though that might just be a trick of the eye...

Investigating this apparatus more thoroughly will take some time.
http://shadowscampaign.wikispaces.com/file/view/Letter_to_Filge.jpg/87520393/376x330/Letter_to_Filge.jpg

Untarr
2014-08-12, 10:08 AM
The head loudly screams "Intruder! Intruder! Intruder!"

From upstairs Filge yells down, "Are you people dense? I asked you specifically to leave my bedchambers alone! If you intend to negotiate in good faith, you aren't doing a very good job of being respectful!"
[roll0]
This is the pelt of an adult Lammasu (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/bestiary3/lammasu.html#_lammasu), a noble creature known for its ever vigilant crusade against evil. The rug would be difficult to move without soiling, but could be worth 200 GP to the right buyer - though it is a rather grotesque piece, given that Lammasu are intelligent and good creatures generally...
The silver tray held by the mummified figure is worth about 50 GP.

[roll1]
The glass spectacles on the mummified figure's face look like they would grant a +2 circumstance bonus on Will saves to resist Daze (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/daze.html#_daze) or similar effects. The right customer might pay as much as 75 GP for the pair.

[roll2] Arkiana
[roll3] Bigby
There is a small case buried underneath the papers. Inside is a scroll.
[roll4]
This is a scroll of Animate Dead (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/animateDead.html#_animate-dead).
[roll5]Arkiana
[roll6]Bigby
The complex apparatus is labeled with a handwritten note: "Necroturgons."
A beaker within the apparatus holds four 6-inch-long tubes filled with different-colored, soupy liquids. The colors of each liquid are milky-blue, deep red, sallow yellow, and white with black streaks. Every so often, something within the beakers seems to move slightly, though that might just be a trick of the eye...

Investigating this apparatus more thoroughly will take some time.
http://shadowscampaign.wikispaces.com/file/view/Letter_to_Filge.jpg/87520393/376x330/Letter_to_Filge.jpg

Arkiana continues to focus on detect magic, and pockets the scroll when she finds it. She will follow behind the party last up the stairs in order to avoid other people bumping into her.

JWallyR
2014-08-12, 11:48 AM
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll0]
Knowledge (Arcana): [roll1]
Perception: [roll2]
Perception: [roll3]

JWallyR
2014-08-12, 11:56 AM
Spellcraft: [roll0]

Uh.... Filge? Jan sticks her head past Frederick's imposing figure and peers into the room. Oh, right. Didn't he say the third floor? As she looks around the room, her eyes take on a silver sheen as she looks for evidence of magic.

Casting Detect Magic to scope out the room.

Farmerbink
2014-08-12, 12:07 PM
Frederick purses his lips at the grisly sight of Filge's bedroom. What an unpleasant place.... Lyr, are you confident taking rear guard? I do not care to touch any of his belongings, nor have them attack us from behind in a moment, and I would like to face this necromancer with the doctor by my side. I get the impression he and I may be an... effective... team. He grins openly at the short man before carefully stepping through the room to the next stairwell, making an effort to touch nothing.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-12, 01:28 PM
As she looks around the room, her eyes take on a silver sheen as she looks for evidence of magic.
The severed head has an aura (faint illusion), as do several of the "necroturgons" on Filge's desk (getting more out of those will take more time than you all are taking right now based on other posts).
---------------

Is everyone heading upstairs?

MuffinMan
2014-08-12, 08:10 PM
Frederick purses his lips at the grisly sight of Filge's bedroom. What an unpleasant place.... Lyr, are you confident taking rear guard?

Lyr nods and takes up a position at the rear, keeping a watchful eye on their surrounding as the group prepares to ascend to the third floor.

Just before they go up the stairs, he draws three dice from his pocket and holds them out, where they glow slightly in his upraised palm for a moment. "Hey, Arkiana - uh, wherever you are, take these for luck. I thought you could present them as a gift to our host if things go... badly. You've got pretty good aim, right?"

Magic Stone (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/magicStone.html#_magic-stone) plus dramatic liberties

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-12, 09:56 PM
The party ascends the stairs to find a large operating room. The single chamber dominates the observatory's entire upper floor. Light filters through the wide slit in the roof, bathing the center of the room in illumination. Four large mirrors set along the outside wall reflect bright beams into the direct center of the room, a recessed operating theater accessible via two short sets of stairs. The beams specifically target a blue-skinned humanoid figure splayed out upon an operating table, its chest completely opened and pinned back against the table with long metal needles. Two long shelves cluttered with piles of papers, rotting organs, and instruments comprise the east and west extent of the operating space, and are only inches lower than the chamber's outer floor.

Four metal-and-glass tanks, each easily large enough to hold a human, flank the short stairs leading to the operating theater. Each tank is full of yellow liquid streaked with rust. Indistinct, vaguely human silhouettes bob silently in the soupy fluid.

http://shadowscampaign.wikispaces.com/file/view/Filge_copy.jpg/71142999/153x153/Filge_copy.jpg
Beside Filge walks a 5-foot-tall human skeleton, acting as a mobile bookstand and dogsbody. The thin man is across the room from the party, watching closely as they ascend the steps. "When you were approaching there were five of you. Where is the elven woman? If you plan an ambush, you must work harder at your approach. If you come in good faith, then speak your business so that I may be done with you and return to my work!" he says, impatiently.

Farmerbink
2014-08-13, 06:42 AM
Frederick looks about the party, noticing Arkiana's absence for the first time. He largely trusts his companions to call for help if needed, and they have responded to questions and queries so far. He takes his role as the front man very seriously. Unless the spell makes a sound that he would either want to investigate or recognize, Filge's statement is the first he knows about it, having led from the front this far.

He quickly returns his gaze to the necromancer. She is... somewhat esoteric. I dare say you likely understand her thoughts better than any of us do, simply as a result of... professional similarities. Wherever she went, I am quite sure she had good reason. By Heironeous, I hope she is not getting herself... or us, into more trouble. He spares a brief glance, of knowing amusement towards Jan before continuing. As my companion mentioned earlier, we are here for the remains of the Land family. The ghost of their youngest son is yet trapped on this plane, and we intend to release him. To do so, we must put his remains to rest with those of his family. Shall we do this the easy way?

Untarr
2014-08-13, 07:05 AM
Leaving the Magic Stones in her hands that she got from Lyr

Arkiana will pause halfway up the stairs and cast Mirror Image (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/mirrorImage.html#_mirror-image) on herself, sharing it with Bigby.

[roll0] Images

She will then wait on Filge's response. If it is not something along the lines of "Yeah sure, take them" she will then cast Burning Gaze (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/advanced/spells/burningGaze.html#_burning-gaze) on Bigby and use a move action to get to to K,2 (or as close as she can, the point being to not walk through the middle of the room, but around the tanks and edges.)

While moving past the party she will whisper to Frederick

6 seconds...

Then she will use another move action to get into range of Flaming Hands and hit both Filge and the Skeleton with it while Bigby uses Burning Gaze to hit Filge

[roll1] DC 17 Reflex Half
[roll2] DC 18 Fort Negates, Roll a DC 18 reflex save or catch fire

Untarr
2014-08-13, 07:08 AM
[roll0] Arkiana
[roll1] Bigby

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-13, 12:52 PM
As my companion mentioned earlier, we are here for the remains of the Land family. The ghost of their youngest son is yet trapped on this plane, and we intend to release him. To do so, we must put his remains to rest with those of his family. Shall we do this the easy way?
Filge looks at the assembled party with a mixture of one part confusion, one part annoyance, and one part amusement on his face. "You have mentioned this "Land" family already, yet I have no clue who that is. It is rarely worth my time or trouble to get to know the previous lives of the tools of my trade. Do you mean the four skeletons Kullen and his men delivered to me shortly after my arrival here?" he asks, before stopping, his head cocked to the side as if listening to something.



Arkiana will ...cast Mirror Image (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/mirrorImage.html#_mirror-image)...
[roll0] Filge's Perception vs. DC 7
[roll1] Marrow's Perception vs. DC 7
[roll2] Filge's Spellcraft vs. DC 17
[roll3] Marrow's Spellcraft vs. DC 17
"Ah, the elf is a wizard and is preparing defensive spells of some kind before ascending the stairs. There is wisdom to that course of action when facing another magic user in their home. However, two can play that game..." Filge says, his hands beginning to move as he takes his dagger from its sheath and lightly cuts himself along the palm. A ghostly image of a hand appears, floating in the space in front of the man.

Filge casts Spectral Hand (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/spectralHand.html#_spectral-hand) (dealing [roll4] points of damage to himself in the process).
"Had your companion negotiated openly, this might have gone "the easy way," but now I am afraid you have played your hand too early! Arise, my servants! Defend your master!" Filge cries out as he takes a defensive stance.

At the necromancers cry, all four of the metal and glass tanks burst open as three zombified lizardfolk and one bald, zombified bugbear break free from them. The zombies move with none of the slow, staggering motion expected of their kind, and each grab a metal pipe as they emerge to use as a weapon. From the first story below the sounds of groaning can be heard as the zombies at the dinner table apparently respond to the call as well. The skeleton near Filge turns to face the PCs, drawing a scimitar as it does, and finally a small reptile hops down from inside Filge's robes to stand beside him.

Filge and Marrow - [roll5]
Bugbear Zombie - [roll6]
Lizardfolk Zombie 1 - [roll7]
Lizardfolk Zombie 2 - [roll8]
Lizardfolk Zombie 3 - [roll9]
Human Zombies - [roll10]
Skeleton - 16
No one is surprised. Roll initiative and describe your first round of actions!

Farmerbink
2014-08-13, 01:15 PM
Round 1

With a roar, Frederick leaps into action!DIE, then, necromancer!! The world will be free of your vile meddling!



[roll0] greatsword
[roll1] CC
[roll2] damage

I hope, if I win initiative, to charge and power attack Filge. I will roll without either chargin or power attacking but in the modifiers, because I don't expect to win initiative. As such, I ask that you adjudicate accordingly. Hopefully, +3 more damage, and +1 more to both attack and cc. If I'm not able to charge to Filge, I suppose attack whatever is most threatening to the group.

I intend to NOT edit this post, so as to make clear my intentions numerically (and not be like "lol, I didn't really want to power attack," when my rolls, inevitably, suck).

Farmerbink
2014-08-13, 01:16 PM
aaaaaaand I forgot initiative.

[roll0] *crosses fingers*

JWallyR
2014-08-13, 02:24 PM
Round 1

Jan blanches at the sudden explosion of necromancy in the room. Eyes darting between Filge and his many minions, she weighs her options...



Initiative: [roll0]
Initiative order permitting, I would like my first action to be an Enlarge Person on Frederick; if he has already bolted, Lyr; if they have both left touch range, Grease on a square bounded by squares I,6 and J,7

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 23/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

Untarr
2014-08-13, 04:57 PM
Round 1

[roll0] filler

Cast Burning Gaze on Bigby

Bigby will run under the operating table and us burning gaze on filge (1d6+1)[6]. DC 18 Fort Negates, if that hits, DC 18 Reflex or get caught on fire. Bigby will then use the cover of the table to attempt a stealth check (roll in next post)

Arkiana will move around edge to L,2. (stealth check to follow)

Bigby appears underneath the operating table and tries to set Filge on fire!

Untarr
2014-08-13, 05:14 PM
[roll0] Arkiana
[roll1] Bigby

MuffinMan
2014-08-13, 07:50 PM
Round 1

[roll0]

As Frederick charges, Lyr quickly casts a spell on himself and steps forward between Jan and the four new adversaries.

Assuming Lyr wins initiative against LZ1 and BBZ:
Cast True Strike (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/trueStrike.html#_true-strike) on self.
Move to I6 (threatening BBZ for flanking purposes).

If they've already moved, but aren't threatening Lyr, cast anyway and try to move into the best spot for AoOs / flanking.

If they've moved AND Lyr is threatened, 5-ft step away and attack:
Attack [roll1] (not including higher ground or flanking, which might be a factor)
CC [roll2] (20/x3)
Damage [roll3]

Hopefully this AoO won't go to waste! :smallwink:
Attack [roll4] (not including higher ground or flanking)
CC [roll5] (20/x3)
Damage [roll6]
Lyrindethos Al'thallenon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=810776)
M CN Half-Elf Cleric, Level 3, Init +8, HP 24/24, Speed 30 (40 base)
AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, CMD 17, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 2, Action Points -
Flying Blade +3 (+7 AoO) (1d12 + 4, x3)
Masterwork Club +6 (1d6 + 3, x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8 + 4, x3)
+1 Chainmail, Tortoise Shell Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition None
Daily Use Abilities
Channel Positive Energy 2 / 3
Bit of Luck 2 / 5
Agile Feet 2 / 5

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-14, 04:43 PM
Round 1

Lyr steps into a position to try and control the movement of the enemies after casting a spell to greatly increase his accuracy. Arkiana casts a spell empowering her familiar and then moves. Bigby moves and hides underneath the center operating table. Several of the undead move, including the zombies downstairs, and attack, though none of their attacks connect. Frederick attempts to move towards Filge, making some progress and then turning to attack the bugbear zombie, slashing it solidly.

Filge casts a spell and then attempted to have the spectral hand touch Jan. She dodged the apparition barely, avoiding the spell's effects for now. The necromancer then moves further behind his undead mob.

He cast Ghoul Touch (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/ghoulTouch.html#_ghoul-touch).
Filge's familiar leaps down to do battle with Arkiana's, easily finding the scorpion but missing it when it attacked. Jan turns to cast a spell on the stairs behind her, putting an oily slick down to slow the approaching zombies. One of the lizardfolk zombies succeeds at hitting Frederick (for 7 damage), to which Frederick heals himself (for 1 HP). Olofire gets between Jan and a lizardfolk zombie, ferociously attacking with claw and bite. Only one claw pierces the tough hide, however. The bugbear zombie moves to flank Frederick, attacking once with its club and once with a vicious slamming motion of its body, connecting on the second attack (for 7 damage). The final zombie lumbers towards Lyr, incurring a pinpoint strike that connects solidly. It fails to hit him in return.

Lyr casts True Strike on himself and moves to I6

Filge Spellcraft [roll0] vs. DC 16 (success)
Marrow Spellcraft [roll1] vs. DC 16 (fail)
Arkiana casts Burning Gaze on Bigby and then move to K9 (Stealth check of 34)

Filge Spellcraft [roll2] vs. DC 17 (success)
Marrow Spellcraft [roll3] vs. DC 17 (success)
Bigby moves to L6 and hides (Stealth 15)
LZ3 moves to H8 and attacks Frederick vs. AC 17
Greatclub [roll4] attack, [roll5] critical confirmation on a natural 2 for x2 damage, [roll6] damage (miss)
Human Zombies move towards the PCs
Skeleton moves to attack Bigby vs. AC 20
Perception [roll7] vs. Bigby's Stealth Check (15) (fail)
Scimitar [roll8] attack, [roll9] critical confirmation on a natural 18-20 for x2 damage, [roll10] damage (miss)
Frederick moves to K7 hits BBZ for 17 damage
LZ3 AoO Frederick vs. AC 17
Greatclub [roll11] attack, [roll12] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll13] damage (miss)
Filge casts Ghoul Touch (via Spectral Hand) on Jan (vs. Touch AC 13) to paralyze her for [roll14] rounds
Melee Touch [roll15] attack roll to hit, no damage dealt (miss)

Jan Saves 1d20+ Fortitude vs. DC 18 - Failure also threatens those around her with a sickening stench
Lyr Saves 1d20+ Fortitude vs. DC 18 or sickened
Jan Saves 1d20+ Fortitude vs. DC 18 or sickened
Olofire Saves 1d20+ Fortitude vs. DC 18 or sickened
Filge moves to O2
Marrow moves to attack Bigby
Perception [roll16] vs. Bigby's Stealth Check (15) (success)
Bite [roll17] attack, [roll18] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll19] damage + Poison (miss)
Bigby Saves [roll20] vs. DC 12 or take [roll21] Strength Damage this round (1d2 each round for 3 more rounds after this one)
Jan casts Grease on squares G5, H5, G17, and H17
LZ2 moves to L7 and attacks Frederick vs. AC 17
Greatclub [roll22] attack, [roll23] critical confirmation on a natural 2 for x2 damage, [roll24] damage (hit)
Olofire takes a 5-ft. step to H7 and full attacks LZ3 (no sneak attack options) vs. AC 18
Bite [roll25] attack, [roll26] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll27] damage (miss)
Claw [roll28] attack, [roll29] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll30] damage (hit)
Claw [roll31] attack, [roll32] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll33] damage (miss)
BBZ takes a 5-ft. step to J7 and full attacks Frederick
Greatclub [roll34] attack, [roll35] critical confirmation on a natural 2 for x2 damage, [roll36] damage (miss)
Slam [roll37] attack, [roll38] critical confirmation on a natural 2 for x2 damage, [roll39] damage (hit - not a critical)
Frederick uses Lay on Hands to heal [roll40] HPs
LZ1 moves to I5 (incurring an AoO from Lyr)
Lyr hits for 11 damage
Greatclub [roll41] attack, [roll42] critical confirmation on a natural 2 for x2 damage, [roll43] damage (miss)
The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=12) is updated. Please get your character sheets updated with all current effects/equipment/damage-taken/etc... This last round was a real pain to put all the nuts and bolts into place...

BBZ is at 8 HPs.
LZ1 is at 12 HPs.
LZ2 is at 20 HPs.
LZ3 is at 20 HPs.

Farmerbink
2014-08-14, 07:44 PM
Round 2

Frederick Strongarm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752782)
M LG Half-Orc Paladin, Level 3, Init +0, HP 11/27, Speed 30
AC 21, Touch 12, Flat-footed 19, CMD 19, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
Greatsword +8 (2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Spiked Banded Mail, Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
Lay on Hands uses remaining: 2 (of 4)

Roaring in near-beastial fury, Frederick assaults the bugbear once more! Your minions will have to do better than that, necromancer! I COME FOR YOU!!


[roll0] attack (19-20,x2)
[roll1] CC
[roll2] damage

followed by a 5-foot step to L/8 and another LoH for: [roll3] HPz

edit: I'm stupid and keep forgetting to use power attack... believe it or not, I've never had a character that had it. I'll just try to remember to apply it later, no worries this time. :-\

MuffinMan
2014-08-14, 08:49 PM
Round 2

Lyr glances away from the lumbering lizard-corpse in front of him just long enough to see Olofire doing battle with another along the ledge. Not wanting to be surrounded by the two nearest brutes, he dances backwards and aims a vicious slash at the bugbear zombie menacing Frederick. "We can't hold the stairs, you two! Cut to the table!"

Lyrindethos Al'thallenon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=810776)
M CN Half-Elf Cleric, Level 3, Init +8, HP 24/24, Speed 30 (40 base)
AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, CMD 17, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 2, Action Points -
Flying Blade +3 (+7 AoO) (1d12 + 4, x3)
Masterwork Club +6 (1d6 + 3, x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8 + 4, x3)
+1 Chainmail, Tortoise Shell Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition None
Daily Use Abilities
Channel Positive Energy 2 / 3
Bit of Luck 2 / 5
Agile Feet 2 / 5

5ft step to J5 and then attack BBZ:
Attack [roll0]
CC [roll1] (crit 20/x3)
Damage [roll2]

Here's an AoO, just in case:
Attack [roll3]
CC [roll4] (crit 20/x3)
Damage [roll5]

JWallyR
2014-08-15, 11:08 AM
Round 2

Spellcraft: [roll0]

Jan gasps at the chaos going on. After Lyr's remark, Jan subconsciously reaches out to steady herself on his leg... and a burst of mass appears to flow from somewhere inside her into Lyr's form... looking up at him in confusion, she backs slightly away from the combat.

Enlarge Person on Lyr; 5 foot step to G,6

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 23/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

Untarr
2014-08-15, 05:34 PM
Round 2

From underneath the table a pair of angry red eyes appears and brighten momentarily as they focus on Filge.

From nowhere, a wave of flame appears and lashes out along the side of the room! At its conclusion, Arkiana appears!

Bigby takes a five foot step to (K,5) and uses Burning Gaze on Filge (6 damage from previous roll) DC 18 Fort Negates, DC 18 Reflex or Catch on Fire

After, Arkiana moves to (M,9) and uses Burning Hands DC 17 Reflex Half (Hits Mar, LZ2, and Skeleton)
for [roll0] Fire DMG

Albinobrow
2014-08-15, 06:02 PM
Olofire takes a step towards the center of the room and his assault!


5ft step to I,7
Full attack! Each of these attacks will be directed at the BBZ, unless it is either already down, or one of these attacks down it. In which case I'll finish the attack on LZ3.

BITE! [roll0] CC [roll1] damage [roll2] + SA (if applicable) [roll3]
CLAW 1! [roll4] CC [roll5] damage [roll6] + SA (if applicable) [roll7]
CLAW 2! [roll8] CC [roll9] damage [roll10] + SA (if applicable) [roll11]
All the above attacks get +2 if I'm still flanking.)

Dr. Olofire Lightouch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=848022)
Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Vivis/Chirurgeon), Level 3, Init +6, HP 20/23, Speed 30 ft
AC 21, Touch 17, Flat-footed 15, CMD 17, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 02
Scalpel (dagger) +7 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (Bullets) +7 (1d3, x2)
only while mutated Claw +9 (1d4, x2)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
Condition Infected with Red Ache.. Blech..
Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor
Extracts prepared: Cure Light wounds x1 (Frederick holding one); Shield x1
# of unprepared extracts: 0

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-15, 06:44 PM
Round 2

Lyr moves back and swings his flying blade, missing the lizardfolk zombie. Bigby tries to set Filge on fire, but the wizard shakes off the spell to no effect. Arkiana then attempts to burn several enemies. The skeleton falls, the magic animating it gone, while the zombie takes some serious burns and the little dinosaur dodges the flame wave entirely. LZ3 turns and attacks Olofire with both club and body slam (dealing a total of 18 damage) to the mutated halfling. The groaning zombies from below get closer, and one amazingly glides up beside Jan! The next two closest zombies fall prone at the bottom of the stairs, preventing the rest of the mob from getting any closer. Frederick destroys the bugbear zombie, and moves incrementally closer to the necromancer before healing himself (for 4 HPs). Filge redirects his spectral hand to the now visible Arkiana, missing her as well before he steps a bit further back from the party. The wizard's familiar follows Bigby and attacks, missing the scorpion. Jan reaches out to touch Lyr, causing him to grow significantly in height and stature! LZ2 moves to defend its master and attacks Frederick, missing twice. Olofire moves to the side and then viciously bites and claws at LZ3, dealing grievous damage to it! Finally the last lizardfolk zombie, LZ1, tries to smash Bigby, but misses twice.

Lyr moves to J5 and misses the BBZ
Bigby takes a 5-ft. step to K5 and uses Burning Gaze on Filge for 6 damage
Filge saves [roll0] Fortitude vs. DC 18 for no damage and not on fire (success)
Filge saves [roll1] Reflex vs. DC 18 or catches on fire
Arkiana moves to M9 and casts Burning Hands for 12 damage, destroying the magic animating the skeleton and becoming visible
Marrow saves [roll2] Reflex vs. DC 17 for no damage or fails for 1/2 damage (success)
LZ2 saves [roll3] Reflex vs. DC 17 for 1/2 damage (failure)
LZ3 full attacks Olofire vs. AC 21
Greatclub [roll4] attack, [roll5] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll6] damage (hit)
Slam [roll7] attack, [roll8] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll9] damage (hit)
Human Zombies move towards the PCs
Z1 [roll10] vs. DC 10 Acrobatics to move at 1/2 speed (failure of 5 or more means it falls, failure means it must save or fall) (success)
Z1 saves [roll11] Reflex vs. DC 16 or falls prone
Z3 [roll12] vs. DC 10 Acrobatics to move at 1/2 speed (failure of 5 or more means it falls, failure means it must save or fall) (failure)
Z3 saves [roll13] Reflex vs. DC 16 or falls prone (failure)
Frederick attacks BBZ, destroying it, 5-ft. steps to L8, and heals for 4 HPs
Filge saves [roll14] Reflex vs. DC 18 or take [roll15] fire damage (if on fire)
Filge attacks Arkiana with Ghoul Touch via Spectral Hand vs. Touch AC 13
Melee touch [roll16] attack roll to hit, no damage dealt (misses)

Arkiana saves [roll17] Fortitude vs. DC 18 or be paralyzed (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/glossary.html#_paralyzed) for [roll18] rounds
Arkiana saves [roll19] Fortitude vs. DC 18 or be sickened (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/glossary.html#_sickened) for the duration
Frederick saves [roll20] Fortitude vs. DC 18 or be sickened (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/glossary.html#_sickened) for the duration
Filge moves to N1.
Marrow moves to K5 and attacks Bigby vs. AC 20
Bite [roll21] attack, [roll22] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll23] damage + Poison (misses)
Bigby Saves [roll24] vs. DC 12 or take [roll25] Strength Damage this round (1d2 each round for 3 more rounds after this one)
Jan casts Enlarge Person on Lyr and moves to G6
LZ2 takes a 5-ft. step to M7 and full attacks Frederick vs. AC 17
Greatclub [roll26] attack, [roll27] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll28] damage (misses)
Slam [roll29] attack, [roll30] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll31] damage (misses)
Olofire takes a 5-ft. step to I8 and full attacks LZ3, dealing 18 damage to it
LZ1 full attacks Bigby vs. AC 20
Greatclub [roll32] attack, [roll33] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll34] damage (misses)
Slam [roll35] attack, [roll36] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll37] damage (misses)
A skeleton and the bugbear zombie are down. The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=12) is updated.

LZ1 is at 12 HPs.
LZ2 is at 8 HPs.
LZ3 is at 2 HPs.

MuffinMan
2014-08-15, 08:14 PM
Round 3

"Enough! By the power of Fharlanghn, I undo you, gravespawn!!!" Lyr bellows as he shoots up towards the ceiling, his holy symbol flashing around his neck like a miniature sun. At his gesture of throwing open a door, a sudden nimbus of white light rushes outwards from cleric, engulfing the entire room in its blinding glow for a brief moment and burning the undead where they stand.


Lyrindethos Al'thallenon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=810776)
M CN Half-Elf Cleric, Level 3, Init +7, HP 24/24, Speed 30 (40 base)
AC 17, Touch 10, Flat-footed 16, CMD 18, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 2, Action Points -
Flying Blade +3 (+7 AoO) (1d12 + 4, x3)
Masterwork Club +6 (1d6 + 3, x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8 + 4, x3)
+1 Chainmail, Tortoise Shell Shield (+7 Armor, +1 Dex, -1 Size)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition None
Daily Use Abilities
Channel Positive Energy 2 / 3
Bit of Luck 2 / 5
Agile Feet 2 / 5
(I've tried to include the Enlarge Person modifiers in there, too)

Use the last Channel Positive Energy to harm undead in 30 ft radius for [roll0] damage, DC 11 Will save for half.

Then stay put (Enlarged reach means LZ2 and Z3 are currently threatened by Lyr if I'm reading the map correctly).

Here's what an AoO would look like: (max of only 2 this round :smallfrown:)
Attack: [roll1] (no flanking or higher ground mods)
CC: [roll2] (crit 20/x3)
Damage [roll3]

JWallyR
2014-08-15, 09:50 PM
Round 3

Jan lets out a squeal of fright that grows into a shriek of frustration! Looking around in sudden anger, her eyes seem to flash as she reaches out toward one of the zombies...

If LZ3 is still alive, Jan wants to cast SHOCKING GRASP and attack it:
Attack: [roll0] <-- no flanking or other bonuses
CC: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

If it dies from the shocking grasp, 5 foot step to H7; if it does not die, 5 foot step to G7.
5 foot step to H7; Silent Image forming what appears to Filge to be a wall of stone between points J,1 and P,8, but to the party, looks like what a dirty soap bubble might look like from the inside.

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 23/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

Untarr
2014-08-17, 10:22 AM
Round 3


Arkiana VanDuren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=751636)
Female Lawful Neutral Elf Wizard, Level 3, Init +9, HP 16/16, DR 0, Speed 30
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, CMD 12, Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1, Action Points N/A
- Ray of Frost (-) +5 (1d3+1, 2x)
(+3 Dex)
Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 14, Cha 7
Condition None

Bigby (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=989143)
Greensting Scorpion Familiar, Level 3, Init +3, HP 8/8, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 15, CMD 8 (19 vs Trip), Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB -5, Base Attack Bonus 1
Positon Fort DC 10 Sting +6 (1d2-4 + Poison, 20)
(+3 Dex, +2 Size, +3 Deflect)
Abilities Str 3, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 2
Condition None
Poison (Ex) Sting—injury; save Fort DC 10; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save

The six Arkiana's move as one, running around the Lizardfolk zombie and directly confronting Filge with a wall of flame.

Bigby moves to L,5
Burning Gaze
[roll0] DC 18 Fort Negates, DC 18 Reflex or Catch On fire

Arkiana moves to O,4 (avoiding the threatened area of LZ2)

Burning Hands
[roll1] DC 17 Reflex Half

Farmerbink
2014-08-17, 11:23 AM
Round 3


Frederick's actions are going to depend immensely on what else happens before me. If any of the targets are dead before I get there, move down in priority.

LZ2 -> LZ3 -> somehow LZ1 -> close with the stairs, while drawing magic sword and shield.

If attacking happens:

[roll0] attack
[roll1] CC (19-20, x2)
[roll2] damage

if AoO happens: (These rolls are for short-swordedness on the stairs) I don't foresee an AoO w/ the great sword.
[roll3] attack
[roll4] CC (19-20, x2)
[roll5] damage

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-17, 02:23 PM
Round 3

Lyr's burst of holy energy obliterates LZ3, though the other undead in range do not seem as badly effected. Bigby's eye lasers hit filge, burning the wizard badly though he avoids any lasting flame. Arkiana's flame wave is also partially dodged by the skinny necromancer. The nearest human zombie slams at Jan, missing the little Sorcerer. Several more zombies fall prone in her grease, while others crawl through it slowly. Frederick misses LZ2 with his greatsword, its blade glancing off the thick skin of the undead.

Across the room blackness gathers around Filge's hands as he intones foul necromancy, targeting Arkiana.

He is casting Blindness/Deafness (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/blindnessDeafness.html#blindness-deafness) to invoke blindness.
At the conclusion of his spell the darkness vanishes from his hand, reappearing briefly in the elf wizard's face and coalescing in her eyes. She is suddenly blind (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/glossary.html#blinded)! Filge then moves further behind his undead and away from the elf.

Bigby dodges another bite from Filge's familiar, before Jan summons a translucent wall of stone between Filge/Arkiana and the rest of the combatants. The lizardfolk zombie beside Frederick attacks him twice, hitting with the slam (for 4 damage). Olofire drinks an extract (healing 4 HPs) while Lyr dodges the attacks of LZ1.

- Lyr Channels Positive Energy to damage undead for 9 damage

LZ1 saves [roll0] Will vs. DC 11 for 1/2 damage (success)
LZ2 saves [roll1] Will vs. DC 11 for 1/2 damage (success)
LZ3 is destroyed regardless of saving throw results
Z3 saves [roll2] Will vs. DC 11 for 1/2 damage (success)
- Bigby moves to L5 and uses Burning Gaze on Filge for 6 damage

Filge saves [roll3] Fortitude vs. DC 18 to take no damage and not on fire (failure)
Filge saves [roll4] Reflex vs. DC 18 to avoid catching on fire (success)
- Arkiana moves to O4 and casts Burning Hands for 13 damage
Filge saves [roll5] Reflex vs. DC 17 for 1/2 damage (success)
- Human Zombies move or attack as able
Z3 attacks Jan vs. AC 13

Slam [roll6] attack, [roll7] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll8] damage (miss)
Z3 takes a 5-ft. step to H6
Acrobatics [roll9] vs. DC 10 - failure by 5 or more and fall prone, 5 or less roll a save to avoid falling prone (success)
Z3 saves [roll10] Reflex vs. DC 16 or fall prone
Z1 crawls to H5
Acrobatics [roll11] vs. DC 10 or cannot move (fail)
Z5 crawls to G5
Acrobatics [roll12] vs. DC 10 or cannot move (success)
Z6 moves to H7
Acrobatics [roll13] vs. DC 10 - failure by 5 or more and fall prone, 5 or less roll a save to avoid falling prone (failure)
Z6 saves [roll14] Reflex vs. DC 16 or fall prone
Z2 moves to G7
Acrobatics [roll15] vs. DC 10 - failure by 5 or more and fall prone, 5 or less roll a save to avoid falling prone (failure)
Z2 saves [roll16] Reflex vs. DC 16 or fall prone (failure)
Jan cannot make any AoO due to being unarmed (an unarmed strike would incur an AoO from the Zombie for nonlethal damage against an undead - undead are immune to nonlethal damage)
- Frederick misses any lizardfolk zombies he attacks after moving to melee with it
Filge saves [roll17] Reflex vs. DC 18 to put out fire or take [roll18] damage
- Filge casts Blindness on Arkiana and then moves to L1
Filge concentrates [roll19] vs. DC (12+1/2 damage taken from being on fire) or loses spell
Arkiana saves [roll20] Fortitude vs. DC 18 or blinded (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/glossary.html#blinded) permanently (failure)
- Marrow takes a 5-ft. step and attacks Bigby vs. AC 20
Bite [roll21] attack, [roll22] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll23] damage + Poison (miss)
Bigby Saves [roll24] vs. DC 12 or take [roll25] Strength Damage this round (1d2 each round for 3 more rounds after this one)
- Jan casts Silent Image of a stone wall from J1 to P8 (5 foot thick, to the ceiling) DC 17 to disbelieve after interacting with it, opaque on Filge's/Arkiana's side
- LZ2 full attacks Frederick vs. AC 17

Greatclub [roll26] attack, [roll27] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll28] damage (miss)
Slam [roll29] attack, [roll30] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, (1d6+3)[4] damage (hit)
- Olofire (5-ft. steps away any from zombies in melee) uses an extract of Cure Light Wounds, healing for [roll31] HPs
- LZ1 full attacks Lyr vs. AC 17

Greatclub [roll32] attack, [roll33] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll34] damage (miss)
Slam [roll35] attack, [roll36] critical confirmation on a natural 20 for x2 damage, [roll]1d6+3)[4] damage (miss)
On more zombie (LZ3) is down. The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=12) is updated.

LZ1 is at 8 HPs.
LZ2 is at 4 HPs.
Z3 is at 8 HPs.

Untarr
2014-08-17, 03:02 PM
Round 4



Cast Protection from Evil on self
[roll0] Vs 17

Bigby Burning Gaze in response to Filge casting again.
[roll1]


What?!

Arkiana says as she stops dead in her pursuit of Filge. Putting her hands up to her face...

I'm blind!

****.

Her hands begin to move around her and she nearly screams Immunitatem a malo! as a sphere of nearly translucent light surrounds her.

Could really use a hand here...

Noticed your Latin in CC, thought it was a nice touch. Gonna use it here from now on.

MuffinMan
2014-08-17, 04:17 PM
Round 4

Lyr's head jerks around at Arkiana's cry. "Dammit! Frederick, get to her!!!" Using his extended size, he reaches out to bless Frederick before turning his attention back to the horde of zombies coming up the stairs.

Use my spiffy 10ft reach to give Frederick Bit of Luck (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/classes/cleric.html#luck-domain) (use 3/5). No movement this round.

Still hoping for an AoO or two :smallfrown::
Attack [roll0]
CC [roll1] (threat 20/x3)
Damage [roll2]

Farmerbink
2014-08-17, 05:11 PM
Round 4

DIE, you DAMNED FARCE OF LIFE! Arkiana, come back to me!


[roll0] attack on Lizard Zombie
[roll1] CC
[roll2] damage

[roll3] LoH self healing

Either way, moving to O8, around the bottom, potentially incurring AoO from LZ2


edit: 1/4 LoH remaining

Farmerbink
2014-08-17, 05:23 PM
[roll0] attack. I'm guessing the other would confirm, if the attack hits.

Also, on the off-chance that this guy's CMD is less than 14: [roll1] acrobatics to avoid AoO. Or [roll2], whichever's higher. :-P

edit: woo.

JWallyR
2014-08-18, 08:35 AM
Round 4

As Jan sees the lizardfolk zombie before her crumple from Lyr's burst of holy energy, she sees an opening! Eyes on the zombie reaching toward her from the stairs, she dashes around the shattered tank to reach the comparative safety of the raised table in the middle of the room!

Withdraw Action to move to K,6. I did the math, if moving through Lyr's square is allowed Jan has plenty of movement at twice her speed of 20, if requred, she can instead go around the shattered tank as described.

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 23/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

Albinobrow
2014-08-18, 09:44 PM
Round 4

Olofire is temporarily relieved that the lizardfolk zombie that injured him so badly, turned to dust. But at hearing Arkiana's cry, he quickly downs his last extract. and moves to the top of the stairs. Lyr stay here by the stairs! The dinner guests have arrived! Frederick! Jan! Help Arkiana!


Standard Action drink Shield extract. Then move to (G,8). Get ready to chow down on the dinner! PARTY! Muahaha!

Should any AoO present itself.
Bite [roll0] CC [roll1] Damage [roll2] + SA (if applicable) [roll3]

Dr. Olofire Lightouch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=848022)
Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Vivis/Chirurgeon), Level 3, Init +6, HP 6/23, Speed 30 ft
AC 25, Touch 17, Flat-footed 19, CMD 17, Fort +5, Ref +10, Will +1, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 02
Scalpel (dagger) +9 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (Bullets) +9 (1d3, x2)
only while mutated Claw +9 (1d4, x2)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +4 Shield, +6 Dex, +1 Size, +2 Deflect)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 22, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 8, Cha 9
Condition Infected with Red Ache.. Blech..
Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor
Extracts prepared: (Frederick holding one CLW Extract)
# of unprepared extracts: 0

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-19, 02:13 AM
Round 4

Lyr reaches out and blesses Frederick with luck from his deity while Bigby sets Filge on fire! Arkiana casts a protective spell while the zombies from below move slowly up the greased stairs. Lyr lashes out and hits two of the zombies for significant damage on each with his flying blade. Frederick misses LZ2 and then rushes to the edge of the illusory wall, taking a blow from the zombie as he moves (12 damage). He then heals himself with a touch (3 HPs). While Filge fails to put out the flames burning him, he and his familiar look closely at the illusory wall before the little dinosaur dashes to its master, disappearing behind his cloak. Filge then attempts a spell against Arkiana again, though it has no visible effect.

Filge cast a targetted Dispel Magic and then failed his dispel check
Jan withdraws safely to stand on the center table, only to be attacked when LZ2 moves up and flanks her with LZ1! She takes two hits (9 damage total). Olofire drinks a defensive extract and gets into position to hold of the approaching zombie horde while the last lizardfolk zombie attacks and grazes Lyr (hitting for 7 damage)

- Lyr uses Bit of Luck on Frederick
- Bigby uses Burning Gaze on Filge for 2 damage (success and on fire)

Filge saves [roll0] Fortitude for no effect (failure)
Filge saves [roll1] Reflex for not on fire (failure)

- Arkiana casts Protection from Evil on herself

Filge [roll2] Spellcraft Check (success)
Marrow [roll3] Spellcraft Check (success)
- Human Zombies
Z3 attacks Jan and then 5-ft. steps to G7
Bite [roll4] attack, [roll5] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll6] damage (miss)
Z1, Z2, Z5, Z6 crawl up the stairs

Z1 [roll7] Acrobatics (failure)
Z2 [roll8] Acrobatics (success)
Z5 [roll9] Acrobatics (failure)
Z6 [roll10] Acrobatics (success)
(None move due to failures of lead zombies)
Z4, Z7, Z8, Z9 attempt to move through the Grease towards the party

Z4 [roll11] Acrobatics (success)
Z4 saves [roll12] Reflex vs. DC 16 or prone
Z7 [roll13] Acrobatics (success)
Z7 saves [roll14] Reflex vs. DC 16 or prone
Z8 [roll15] Acrobatics (success)
Z8 saves [roll16] Reflex vs. DC 16 or prone
Z9 [roll17] Acrobatics (failure)
Z9 saves [roll18] Reflex vs. DC 16 or prone (success)
Lyr makes two AoOs.

First AoO hits Z4 for 11 damage
Flying Blade [roll19], [roll20] (critical threat 20/x3), [roll21] damage (hit Z7)
- Frederick misses LZ2, heals for 3 HPs, and moves to O8, incurring an AoO from LZ2 vs. AC 17
LZ2 Greatclub [roll22] attack, [roll23] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll24] damage (hit)
- Marrow looks closely at the illusory wall and moves to Filge (M1) if able to disbelieve it (success)

Perception [roll25] (+4 bonus included due to translucency) (success)
Save [roll26] (+4 bonus included due to translucency) Will vs. DC 17 (success)
- Filge fails his save to douse the flames and takes 5 damage (rolled separately due to DM forgetfulness)
Filge attempts to disbelieve Silent Image vs. DC 17 (success)

Perception [roll27] vs. DC 17 (success)
Save [roll28] (+2 bonus for recognizing the spell being cast) Will vs. DC 17 (success)
Filge casts Dispel Magic on Arkiana

Targeted Dispel vs. Arkiana: Dispel Check [roll29] vs. DC 14 (11+3 Arkiana's Caster Level) for Mirror Image and Protection from Evil (one check - will either succeed vs. Mirror Image or fail) (failure)
- Jan withdraws to K6
- LZ2 5-ft. steps to L7 and full attacks Jan vs. AC 13

Greatclub [roll30] attack, [roll31] (critical threat 20/x3), [roll32] damage (hit)
Slam [roll33] attack, [roll34] (critical threat 20/x3), [roll35] damage (hit)
- Olofire drinks Shield Extract and moves to G8
- LZ1 attacks Lyr vs. AC 17

Greatclub [roll36] attack, [roll37] (critical threat 20/x3), [roll38] damage (hit)
Slam [roll39] attack, [roll40] (critical threat 20/x3), [roll41] damage (miss)
The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=12) is updated. There have been no new enemy (or friendly) deaths/destruction.

LZ1 is at 8 HPs.
LZ2 is at 4 HPs.
Z3 is at 8 HPs.
Z4 is at 1 HP.
Z7 is at 1 HP.

Farmerbink
2014-08-19, 07:36 AM
I found the relevant post. (Page 35, if you care to look)

Round 5


Frederick Strongarm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752782)
M LG Half-Orc Paladin, Level 3, Init +0, HP 6/27, Speed 30
AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 19, CMD 19, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3 **
Greatsword +8 (2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Short sword +8 (1d6+5, 19-20/x2)
Spiked Banded Mail, Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
Lay on Hands uses remaining: 1 (of 4)


Growling under his breath, Frederick moves forward, drawing his short sword and shield as he does so. He then takes a moment to drink down the infusion given to him by Olofire.


[roll0] to disbelieve the wall? That I can see through and have watched the skeleton move through, just saying.
Move action to O4, assuming Arkiana is no longer there (hopefully she moved back, behind me)- drawing sword and board in the process (AC 19)
Standard to down the CLW infusion for [roll1] I'm assuming +3 for caster level, right?

JWallyR
2014-08-19, 08:25 AM
Round 5

Jan gasps in pain after the attack from the lizardman zombie, and glares at it while scanning the room...

If the lizards flanking Jan are alive, she wants to Acidic Ray whichever one looks weakest (i.e. fewest HP):

Attack: [roll0]
CC: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

If neither lizard is alive, Grease on Filge's stupid face. DC 16 if it uses caster level as DC

If it's allowed, 5 foot step (If I'm already on the table, is it difficult terrain?) to L5 to avoid flanking, prevent full-round attacks (how did the lizard do a full attack after movement in the first place? Just a reminder in case it slipped...)

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 14/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

MuffinMan
2014-08-19, 08:31 AM
Round 5

"Jan!" Lyr calls out, panting from the frenzy of combat. "Arkiana has three magic dice - get to them!!" He then tosses down his flying blade to retrieve his shield and dagger, itself now the size of a shortsword.

I think I have to use 2 move actions to draw both the shield and dagger. If I can 5ft step after drawing them, move back to the 4 squares H7-I8.

If I somehow have a standard action, attack LZ2 before moving. Otherwise, this roll'll be for an AoO with the same modifiers:
Attack [roll0]
CC [roll1] (crit 19-20/x2)
Damage [roll2] EDIT: Oh yeah! This should actually be 1d6+4 b/c Large! But I'm not complaining this time :smallwink:
Lyrindethos Al'thallenon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=810776)
M CN Half-Elf Cleric, Level 3, Init +7, HP 17/24, Speed 30 (40 base)
AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 18, CMD 18, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 2, Action Points -
Flying Blade +3 (+7 AoO) (1d12 + 4, x3)
Masterwork Club +6 (1d6 + 3, x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8 + 4, x3)
+1 Chainmail, Tortoise Shell Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, -1 Size)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition None
Daily Use Abilities
Channel Positive Energy 3 / 3
Bit of Luck 3 / 5
Agile Feet 2 / 5

Untarr
2014-08-19, 09:19 AM
Round 5

Arkiana VanDuren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=751636)
Female Lawful Neutral Elf Wizard, Level 3, Init +9, HP 16/16, DR 0, Speed 30
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, CMD 12, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +8, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1, Action Points N/A
- Ray of Frost (-) +5 (1d3+1, 2x)
(+3 Dex, +2 Natural, -2 Misc)
Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 14, Cha 7
Condition Blind
Protection From Evil
Resistance
Bigby (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=989143)
Greensting Scorpion Familiar, Level 3, Init +3, HP 8/8, Speed 30
AC 18, Touch 15, Flat-footed 15, CMD 8 (19 vs Trip), Fort +3, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB -5, Base Attack Bonus 1
Positon Fort DC 10 Sting +6 (1d2-4 + Poison, 20)
(+3 Dex, +2 Size, +3 Deflect)
Abilities Str 3, Dex 16, Con 10, Int 7, Wis 10, Cha 2
Condition None
Poison (Ex) Sting—injury; save Fort DC 10; frequency 1/round for 6 rounds; effect sickened for 1 round; cure 1 save.

Hah! Dispel Magic? Nice try. You'll have to do better than that Filge. Care to try again?

Her grin widens as her hands start to move around her as she exclaims Resistentia! and a faintly rainbow colored aura appears around her skin. Reaching into her backpack, she grabs three potions and holds them up towards Frederick's voice. She holds them in a line in her hands parallel to her body.

Which one is not red? My left, right, or middle?

Standard action to cast Resistance (+1 all saves)
Move action to grab potions.

Bigby moves back onto Arkiana's person.

Untarr
2014-08-19, 09:29 AM
[roll0] with the -2 from blind

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-19, 09:29 AM
The middle potion is not red.

Farmerbink
2014-08-19, 11:28 AM
As Frederick closes the distance, he speaks out to Arkiana. It's the middle one, and for crying out loud, get down, you maniac!

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-19, 11:54 AM
Round 5

Lyr drops his flying blade (which instantly returns to normal size), draw dagger and shield, misses LZ2, and moves to block the stairs with Olofire. While Bigby disappears amongst her robes, Arkiana invokes defensive magic and takes hold of the desired potion. The human zombies from below move up the stairs, clumsily, missing with all their attacks. Frederick moves to guard Arkiana, drinking the infusion from Dr. Olofire for some healing (5 HPs). Filge bats at the fire on his robe, failing again to douse it, and taunts the elf wizard, saying, "You are blind and reduced to cantrips, foolish woman! I think of the two I am much better off right now!" He then invokes more dark magic, lashing out with the spectral hand at Frederick and missing.

He cast (and missed with the attack) Vampiric Touch (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/vampiricTouch.html#vampiric-touch). For those paying attention, there is no saving throw with this spell...
The necromancer then retreats past the illusory wall to witness the struggles of his undead servants. Jan moves diagonally along the dissection table being careful to avoid stepping in anything too juicy, and lobs an acid bolt, hitting LZ2. The zombie then lumbers around the table, returning the blow by striking her with its pipe (dealing 12 damage)! The transformed Olofire bites and claws the nearest zombie, tearing it to shreds before the throng pushes another within reach. Finally, LZ1 moves and attacks Lyr twice, hitting with the pipe (dealing 11 damage).

- Lyr drops his Flying Blade, draws dagger and shield, misses LZ2, and moves to H7-I8
- Bigby returns to Arkiana
- Arkiana casts Resistance and prepares to drink a potion
- Human Zombies attack and move

Z3 attacks Olofire vs. AC 25
Slam [roll0] attack, [roll1] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll2] damage (miss)
Z4 and Z7 attack Lyr vs. AC 19
Slam [roll3] attack, [roll4] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll5] damage (miss)
Slam [roll6] attack, [roll7] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll8] damage (miss)
Z1 [roll9] Acrobatics vs. DC 10 (failure)
Z2 [roll10] Acrobatics vs. DC 10 (failure)
Z5 [roll11] Acrobatics vs. DC 10 (success)
Z6 [roll12] Acrobatics vs. DC 10 (success)
Z8 [roll13] Acrobatics vs. DC 10 (success)
Saves [roll14] Reflex vs. DC 16
Z9 [roll15] Acrobatics vs. DC 10 (fail)
Saves [roll16] Reflex vs. DC 16 (success)
- Frederick moves to O3 and drinks a CLW infusion to heal 5 HPs
- Filge takes 2 more damage from being on fire, failing to put it out. He then succeeds in his concentration check (once again rolled off screen due to DM error)
Filge casts Vampiric Touch and makes a touch attack against Frederick vs. Touch AC 10
Touch [roll17] attack, [roll18] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll19] damage (miss)
Filge moves to I1
- Jan 5-ft. steps to L5 and hits LZ2 for 2 damage with her Acid Bolt
- LZ2 moves and attacks Jan vs. AC 13
Greatclub [roll20] attack, [roll21] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll22] damage (hit)
- Olofire full attacks Z3, taking a 5-ft. step to continue the attack against Z4 and Z7 if able destroying it

Bite [roll23] attack, [roll24] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll25] damage (hit)
Claw [roll26] attack, [roll27] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll28] damage (hit)
Claw [roll29] attack, [roll30] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll31] damage (hit)
- LZ1 takes a 5-ft. step and full attacks Lyr vs. AC 19
Greatclub [roll32] attack, [roll33] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll34] damage (hit)
Slam [roll35] attack, [roll36] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll37] damage (miss)
The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=12) is updated. One more zombie down.

LZ1 is at 8 HPs.
LZ2 is at 2 HPs.
Z4 is at 1 HP.
Z7 is at 1 HP.

MuffinMan
2014-08-19, 12:31 PM
Round 6

Reeling from the lizardman's blow, Lyr steps back with shield raised and answers in kind with a slash from his enlarged dagger. "Frederick!" he pants. "Some help?"

5 ft step back to H8-I9 and attack LZ1:
Attack [roll0]
CC [roll1] (crit 19-20/x2)
Damage [roll2]
Lyrindethos Al'thallenon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=810776)
M CN Half-Elf Cleric, Level 3, Init +7, HP 6/24, Speed 30 (40 base)
AC 19, Touch 10, Flat-footed 18, CMD 18, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 2, Action Points -
Flying Blade +3 (+7 AoO) (1d12 + 4, x3)
Masterwork Club +6 (1d6 + 3, x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8 + 4, x3)
+1 Chainmail, Tortoise Shell Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield, +1 Dex, -1 Size)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition None
Daily Use Abilities
Channel Positive Energy 3 / 3
Bit of Luck 3 / 5
Agile Feet 2 / 5

JWallyR
2014-08-19, 12:35 PM
Round 6

With a pained whimper, Jan glares at Filge, forcing her will into a ray of acid before cautiously stepping behind the remnants of a tank...

Combat
If for some reason Filge looks badly wounded, the acid ray is directed at him. Otherwise, the lizard that struck her.
Attack: [roll0]
CC: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

5 foot step to M,4

The above all assumes that Filge's disbelief of the silent image does not automatically extend to zombies he controls. If that's not the case (assuming Jan would have any reason to know, with no ranks in Knowledge (Religion), then Withdraw action to P,3

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 2/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

Farmerbink
2014-08-19, 01:11 PM
"Frederick!" he pants. "Some help?"



Round 6

I'm TRYING, Lyr!
Frederick dashes forward, using his last lay on hands for the day, and closes with the necromancer. Your time is up, fiend!

[roll0] hp

Double move action to I3

If AOO happens:
[roll1] attack
[roll2] (19-20, x2)
[roll3] damage

Untarr
2014-08-19, 03:56 PM
Round 6
Arkiana VanDuren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=751636)
Female Lawful Neutral Elf Wizard, Level 3, Init +9, HP 16/16, DR 0, Speed 30
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, CMD 12, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +8, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1, Action Points N/A
- Ray of Frost (-) +5 (1d3+1, 2x)
(+3 Dex, +2 Natural, -2 Misc)
Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 14, Cha 7
Condition Blind
Protection From Evil
Resistance



You are blind and reduced to cantrips, foolish woman! I think of the two I am much better off right now!

Oh, I don't think so. Ya see, I'm not the one with an angry half-orc paladin swinging his ancestral great sword at me. I'll take blind over dead any day.

Frederick...kick his ass.

Dropping the middle potion, she begins to move across the room, carefully at first. Reaching into her cloak, she pulls out the dice and drops them on the table. Hearing Lyr's cry, she speeds up and stumbles a bit over the broken pieces of glass before she catches herself. Stepping in between Lyr and the Zombies, she holds the Cure Light Wounds potions behind her.

I may be blind, but there are still six of me, drink this while I hold them off for a moment...

Free action to drop the middle potion. Move at half speed to (L,4). As a part of this move draw the dice. Free action to drop them on the table. Move full speed
([roll0] vs DC 10 Acrobatics) to (H,7)

Untarr
2014-08-19, 04:38 PM
[roll0] vs DC 18
[roll1] Acrobatics against LZ1 AoO

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-20, 04:43 AM
Round 6

Lyr misses LZ1 as he steps back to better plug the stairway. Arkiana recklessly moves through the room (with Bigby's empathic help) and drops off the enchanted dice beside Jan before taking a position directly in front of the encroaching zombie horde. As she passes LZ1 knocks off one of her images. The zombie diners continue their slow advance, knocking off an additional image from Arkiana's defenses but scoring no other hits. Frederick makes one last ditch effort to heal himself (for 1 HP) before closing to melee with Filge. Seeing the big half-orc close to reach him, Filge takes a step back, takes a syringe in hand, and jabs it into his thigh.

The result is astonishing! The necromancer seems to fade into a translucent, wispy version of himself all but instantly.

This effect is identical to that of the Gaseous Form (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/gaseousForm.html#gaseous-form).
Jan destroys the lizardfolk zombie near her (LZ2) and then moves to further away from the other undead. Her wall disappears as she releases her concentration.

The wall should have disappeared earlier, but both James and I forgot to track Jan's concentration. We need to be better about this, but I figured it wasn't worth rewriting what had already happened...
Olofire tears apart two more zombies as he moves slowly forward, and the sole remaining lizardfolk zombie bursts one more of Arkiana's images.

- Lyr moves to H8-I9, missing LZ1.
- Arkiana drops a potion, moves to L4, places dice (magic stones) on the table beside Jan, moves to H7 (incurring an AoO from LZ1)

Greatclub [roll0] attack, [roll1] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll2] damage, [roll3] mirror images check (connect w/ Arkiana on a natural 1) (miss - using an image)
- Human Zombies Z4, Z5, and Z7 attacks PCs, while the rest attempt to move closer

Slam [roll4] attack, [roll5] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll6] damage (miss)
Slam [roll7] attack, [roll8] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll9] damage, [roll10] or [roll11] mirror images check (connect w/ Arkiana on a natural 1) (miss - using an image)
Slam [roll12] attack, [roll13] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll14] damage, [roll15], [roll16], or [roll17] mirror images check (connect w/ Arkiana on a natural 1) (miss)
Z1 [roll18] (failure)
Z2 [roll19] (success)
Z6 [roll20] (failure)
Z8 [roll21] (failure), [roll22] (failure)
Z9 [roll23] (success), [roll24]
- Frederick heals for 1 HP, double moves to I3
- Filge takes a 5-ft. step to G4 and uses his Necroturgon of Gaseous Form
- Jan destroys LZ2 with an acid bolt and moves to M4
- Olofire uses a full attack with 5-ft. step

Bite [roll25] attack, [roll26] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll27] damage (hit)
Claw [roll28] attack, [roll29] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll30] damage (miss)
Claw [roll31] attack, [roll32] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll33] damage (hit)
- LZ1 takes a 5-ft. step and full attacks Arkiana

Greatclub [roll34] attack, [roll35] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll36] damage, [roll37], [roll38], [roll39], [roll40] mirror images check (connect w/ Arkiana on a natural 1) (miss - using an image)
Slam [roll41] attack, [roll42] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll43] damage, [roll44], [roll45], [roll46], [roll47], [roll48] mirror images check (connect w/ Arkiana on a natural 1) (miss)
The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=12) is updated. Only one lizardfolk zombie remains (LZ1), two more zombie diners are in pieces, and Filge (and Marrow) are in a vaporous state in the marked square.

Three of Arkiana's images have been burst, leaving her with two left and herself. She doesn't have any way to know that, though...

LZ1 is at 8 HPs.

Farmerbink
2014-08-20, 06:12 AM
Round 7

Howling in rage, Frederick steps forward and swings with all his might at the now vaporous necromancer. Arkiana! Whispy, translucent necromancer! What does this mean!?

5-foot step to Filge, dropping the shield as a free action. Using the short sword with both hands, power attack & smite evil the necromancer. (Btw, good to know- smite evil bypasses DR of an evil target without need for silly things like magical swords... Shoulda kept the greatsword.

[roll0] attack
[roll1] cc(19-20, x2)
[roll2] damage

Oooooh, how I wish I had a second attack for a full-round attack already.

Untarr
2014-08-20, 06:36 AM
Round 7

[roll0] vs DC 20

Full Defense

Either hold out potions for Lyr or drop them, whichever works for Handing them off.

I don't understand what you mean. There are at least half a dozen different spells that could have been. Try hitting him with something non-mundane!

Arkiana VanDuren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=751636)
Female Lawful Neutral Elf Wizard, Level 3, Init +9, HP 16/16, DR 0, Speed 30
AC 17, Touch 17, Flat-footed 10, CMD 16, Fort +6, Ref +7, Will +8, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1, Action Points N/A
- Ray of Frost (-) +5 (1d3+1, 2x)
(+3 Dex, +2 Natural, -2 Misc)
Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 14, Cha 7
Condition Blind
Protection From Evil
Resistance

MuffinMan
2014-08-20, 08:40 AM
Round 7

Lyr calls out a warning as he aims another blow at the lizardfolk zombie. "Arkiana! The are only three of you now! Get behind the doctor!"

Attack LZ1 with dagger:
Attack [roll0]
CC [roll1] (crit 19-20/x2)
Damage Attack [roll2]

No movement, but try to assist Arkiana in getting through to either G8 or I10.

JWallyR
2014-08-20, 11:05 PM
Round 7

Jan looks at the dice on the table and swallows back her fear. She reaches out to pick them up and looks for Filge...

Unsure of the specific mechanics, but my guess would be:
Move action to "draw weapon" (pick up dice)
Standard Action to ranged attack Filge with the 3 dice if they can be thrown simultaneously; one if they cannot. If range is an issue, instead use Acidic ray (subtract 1 from attack rolls; damage roll is the same). If Filge is not visible, target LZ1 (if alive) before humanoid zombies.
If I have more actions, move closer to the stairs, but in such a fashion as for any zombie that would go for me to have to cross as many squares threatened by as many allies as possible.

Attack: [roll0]
CC: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]
Addition stones: [roll3], [roll4]

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 2/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

Albinobrow
2014-08-20, 11:37 PM
Round 7

FILGE! You will NOT get away that easily! Out of my way! Olofire continues his oslaught of the undead horde before him, slowly making his way towards Filge.


Full attack on any and all zombies in my way! If I need to take a 5ft step forward to continue the attack I'll do so.

Add +2 to rolls for any flanking bonuses if I receive them:
Bite [roll0] CC [roll1] damage [roll2] +SA (if applicable) [roll3]
Claw 1 [roll4] CC [roll5] damage [roll6] +SA (if applicable) [roll7]
Claw 2 [roll8] CC [roll9] damage [roll10] +SA (if applicable) [roll11]
AoO (if given) Bite [roll12] CC [roll13] damage [roll14] +SA (if applicable) [roll15]



Dr. Olofire Lightouch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=848022)
Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Vivis/Chirurgeon), Level 3, Init +4, HP 20/23, Speed 30 ft
AC 17, Touch 15, Flat-footed 13, CMD 15, Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 02
Scalpel (dagger) +7 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (Bullets) +7 (1d3, x2)
only while mutated Claw +7 (1d4, x2)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +4 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 9
Condition Infected with Red Ache.. Blech..
Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor
Extracts: 0

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-21, 02:43 AM
Round 7

Lyr misses with his attack, followed by the zombie diners missing and milling about ineffectually. Arkiana looses another image, after which she shuffles back out of melee at Lyr's prompting. Frederick steps in to close with the vaporous necromancer, missing him twice as Filge flows down into the room below. Seeing no opportunity to close with the fleeing necromancer, Jan throws a dice at the remaining lizardfolk zombie. With a small flash of light the projectile bursts with holy magic, obliterating the zombie. Olofire tears apart another zombie and moves into the gap opened in front of him, barely seeing the wispy form of the party's foe in the bedroom below.

Unable to push through the zombies to Filge, the party disposes of the remaining undead over the next several seconds, losing track of the wizard as he escapes.

- Lyr misses with his attack while helping Arkiana to move to a more defensive position
- Arkiana full defense action, move to G8 after eating a zombie attack
- Human Zombies
Z5 attacks Olofire vs. AC 25
Slam [roll0] attack, [roll1] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll2] damage (miss)
Z2 (prone) attacks Arkiana vs. AC 14 +2 Mirror Images
Slam [roll3] attack, [roll4] (critical threat 20/x2), [roll5] damage, [roll6] (hits on natural 1) mirror image check (miss - using up a mirror image)

Z1 [roll7] (success)
Z6 [roll8] (success)
Z8 [roll9] (success)
Z9 [roll10] (success), [roll11]
- Frederick 5-steps to H4 and misses Filge
- Filge withdraws, incurring an AoO from Frederick
Shortsword [roll12] attack, [roll13] (critical threat 19-20/x2), [roll14] damage (miss)
- Jan throws a magic stone at LZ1, destroying it
- Olofire full attack on Z5, destroying it
The only remaining threats are zombie diners (which are ineffective against Olofire's AC and Lyr's reach when prone and slowed down by the Grease spell), so I am ending combat. I will follow this post with details about the observatory (now that all threats have been removed). Feel free to RP and discuss everything without fear of immediate reprisal.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-21, 05:48 AM
As he exits the observatory, Filge makes no sound, leaving the PCs behind without even recognizing the threat they presented.

The PCs have time to recover from the grueling combat, and explore the observatory at a more leisurely pace without the necromancer and his undead present. After searching more thoroughly, they find the following items of interest (listed in relative order of immediacy and importance):

The skeletons are the most likely candidates for the Land family's remains. Based on the age of the tombstones, the zombies are too...fresh...

http://shadowscampaign.wikispaces.com/file/view/Letter_to_Filge.jpg/87520393/376x330/Letter_to_Filge.jpg
Prominently displayed on one of the shelves around the edge of the operating theater is a green, segmented worm in what looks like a solution of embalming fluids. All around the bottle are scraps of paper and notes, though two phrases are repeated frequently: "Ebon Triad" and "Kyuss Worm."

http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/279/0/c/kyuss_worm_by_hero339-d5h05rp.jpg
The Ebon Triad is an evil cult dedicated to merging the gods Hextor, Vecna, and Erythnul into a mighty overgod.

Adherents to the doctrine of the Ebon Triad clutch close their secrets even from other worshipers of Hextor, Erythnul, or Vecna, who consider them heretics. In fact, word of their heresy has not spread far from these three churches, who keep accounts of Ebon Triad activities brutally suppressed lest the cult gain more converts.

Despite the internecine struggle between the Ebon Triad and the orthodox churches, clerics of Hextor, Erythnul, and Vecna in thrall to the cult continue to receive spells from their godly patrons. This fact especially galls the church of Hextor, whose rigid faith cannot square the contradiction.

The idea that a human cult could bind gods as powerful as Hextor, Vecna, and Eryhtnul is extremely doubtful, even preposterous.

The Ebon Triad hopes to bring about the Age of Worms as a precursor to the creation of its terrible god, and has its hands in apocalyptic conspiracies across the land. Perhaps the gods support these rebel clerics because they too wish to see the world cast in darkness...
This is part of an undead creature - called a "spawn of Kyuss" - which is rumored to be effectively unkillable.
This might be worth 10 gold crowns to a taxidermist.
Filge's fine silver operating instruments are clearly of excellent make and quality. Their heinous uses aside, they are certainly worth something to those capable of using them.

The set is easily worth 500 gold crowns.
This set could be used as a solid beginning to your lab. This, combined with your rudimentary tools and the apparatus in Filge's bedroom, can function as an Alchemists Lab and as a masterwork tools for Profession (Taxidermist) or Profession (Surgeon or Doctor). Using these items in your work will provide a +2 bonus on the relevant skill checks.
There is a sizable emerald lodged in the throat of the corpse on the operating table (it is clearly visible through the thinned skin of the humanoid's neck).

Worth 20 gold orbs
Investigating the apparatus leads Dr. Olofire to conclude this device is used to create syringes like the one used by Filge. It is designed to funnel the liquids into the canisters that are used to inject the substances into the user.

There are four canisters filled with liquid at this time, in the following colors: milky blue, deep red, sallow yellow, and white with black streaks.

Effectively a potion of Gentle Repose (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/gentleRepose.html#gentle-repose).
Effectively a potion of False Life (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/falseLife.html#false-life).
Effectively a potion of Ghoul Touch (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/ghoulTouch.html#ghoul-touch).
Effectively a potion of Chill Touch (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/chillTouch.html#chill-touch).

Refer to this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showsinglepost.php?p=17926749&postcount=1081) post.
In the easternmost room there is a cleverly hidden pouch dangling behind a dresser drawer. Inside the pouch are 5 gold orbs and 6 platinum plates.
The set of silver dining utensils on the rotting shelves along the west wall are clearly of value enough to consider either keeping or selling. While they look clean, their close proximity to the zombie diners suggests they could use a good washing...

They are worth 200 GP.
Note: These have already been mentioned in a previous spoiler. Do not count them twice for treasure!
Filge's cutlery might be worth selling...

They are worth 10 GP.
In one of the closets on the first floor are eight copper candle stands.

They are worth 5 GP each.

Untarr
2014-08-21, 06:26 AM
[roll0] vs Ebon Triad
[roll1] vs Kyuss Worm

Detect Magic
[roll2] vs DC 20 Milky Blue
[roll3] vs DC 18 Deep Red
[roll4] vs DC 18 Sallow Yellow
[roll5] vs DC 16 Zebra

Note, until someone actually brings them to her, or reads the notes out loud, she can't reveal any information that may be gained by these checks.

Loot is updated.



After the last zombie falls, Arkiana backs up to the wall and slides down until she is sitting on the floor. Resting her head against the wall, her breathing slowly calms down.

Everyone alive? her voice croaks as she speaks.

Farmerbink
2014-08-21, 08:53 AM
Frederick, thwarted by his prey,
Lashes out violently at the furniture in the observatory as the rest of the party finishes off the zombie diners. Several seconds after reducing the nearby tank to little more than slivers of glass and thoroughly mangled metal framework, his breathing begins to slow, and almost mechanically, he cleans his short sword and greatsword, and returns them to their sheaths.

Please, Jan. Next time we need to talk to someone, don't shoot them with debilitating magics. Everything about his process could have gone much more smoothly had we been able to get Kullen on our side... Or even just not given him reason to make it harder on us. He sighs deeply, and takes several moments to fully regulate his breathing before continuing. Since we are here, and by all appearances relatively safe, let us take the time to gather what information we can. Remember, we still need the Land family's remains.

MuffinMan
2014-08-21, 09:09 AM
Everyone alive? her voice croaks as she speaks.
Lyr slashes the last zombie in front of him and sends it sailing down the stairs with an oversized kick to the chest. As it tumbles to a stop, the magic enlarging him slowly dissipates and he falls to his knees, panting heavily. "Everyone..." he agrees, glumly. "Including that rat, Filge. He turned into some kind of fog and slipped out during the commotion."

A white glow springs up around his hand. "I've got one left... who's hurt the worst? Jan!" he cries as he sees her wounds. "Wow, they did a number on you. Hold still..."
[roll0] HP


Since we are here, and by all appearances relatively safe, let us take the time to gather what information we can. Remember, we still need the Land family's remains.

"Yeah, it was awfully rude of Filge not to even taunt us with where they were." Lyr acknowledges as he rises with a groan. "But I only saw a few skeletons, and I don't think they were the owlbears!" he laughs a bit before hissing at the pain in his side.

As Lyr and Frederick prepare to explore downstairs, he notices Arkiana still sitting slumped against the wall. "Hey, you alright? We won! I didn't see any of those things hit you - need the Doc to take a look at anything? I mean, you can see again, right??"

Albinobrow
2014-08-21, 10:29 AM
Appraise vs DC 20
Appraise vs DC 30[roll1]
Appraise vs DC 20 [roll2]
Appraise vs DC 20 [roll3]
Perception on desk vs DC 15 [roll4]
Perception on desk vs DC 5 [roll]qd20+7
Appraise vs DC 20 [roll5]
Appraise vs DC 20 [roll6]
Appraise vs DC 20 [roll7]

Albinobrow
2014-08-21, 10:32 AM
[roll0]
vs DC 23 [roll1]

Untarr
2014-08-21, 11:28 AM
As Lyr and Frederick prepare to explore downstairs, he notices Arkiana still sitting slumped against the wall. "Hey, you alright? We won! I didn't see any of those things hit you - need the Doc to take a look at anything? I mean, you can see again, right??"

Using her hand, she searches for the shelf behind her, missing it twice before getting a hand on it, and pushes herself up.

Oh no, the condition is quite permanent without some sort of healing. she smiles, though something feels fake about it.

Looking about 5 feet to the right of Lyr she continues.

We can fix it later, right now the most important thing is to figure out why Filge was here. There was a note signed "S" in his desk downstairs. I can only assume that is Balabar Smenk. Which would also explain why Kullen is working for Filge. She holds her hand out.

If you could please escort me down to Filge's desk while you finish your search.

If you find anything of note, please bring it to me. Even in this state I can identify magical properties and my knowledge remains in tact.

as she sits down in his chair, facing straight forward

Thank you.

Farmerbink
2014-08-21, 02:15 PM
Frederick steps up behind Arkiana and gently places a gauntleted hand in her shoulder. I am quite sure I speak for all of us when I give you my assurance that we will see you back to Diamond Lake safely, ensure your healing, and repay Filge for his crimes. Come. He gently guides her down the stairs, and with her direction, recovers magical items that she directs him to, describing them and storing them for later.

MuffinMan
2014-08-21, 08:53 PM
Lyr looks stunned at the news of Arkiana's condition. "I, uh- that's- wow..." He frowns and rubs his brow as he paces the floor, speaking half to himself: "I don't think I have anything that could- no, wait! What about...? No, no, that won't work. Doc, any ideas? No? No, that won't work either.. Heironeous!" He snaps his fingers and stares after Frederick, his pacing suddenly halted. "We can go to the garrison! Someone there'll be able to...!" his voice trails off, his frown returns, and his pacing resumes. "Of course, maybe they can't. Need a contingency. Maybe Allustan? Mr. World's-gonna-end has to be good for something... maybe we should ask around at the Emporium... I've still got a few favors I can call in in Greyhawk..."

Some time later he snaps out of his musings and hurries to join the others downstairs. Snatching the letter from Filge's desk, he reads it aloud for the benefit of Arkiana and the others:

"...I trust you'll find these coins sufficient to cover your travel from the Free City." he finishes. With a quick glance at Arkiana, he continues, "P.S. - Keep your eyes open for a handsome wanderer who goes by the name of 'Pilgrim'. They say his elegance in battle is matched only by his righteous thirst for justice and legendary skill at dice, and all would be lost if he were to learn of our plans!" "Oh!" Lyr continues in his normal voice. "That explains the harsh reception - they heard I was coming! I'm not really sure I'd say legendary, though..."

JWallyR
2014-08-21, 09:08 PM
As Filge floats out of reach and the zombie diners lapse into mindless confusion, Jan slumps to the ground and bursts into tears.



Please, Jan. Next time we need to talk to someone, don't shoot them with debilitating magics. Everything about his process could have gone much more smoothly had we been able to get Kullen on our side... Or even just not given him reason to make it harder on us.

Jan seems to choke on her sobs, and looks at Frederick with sudden anger. I said I was sorry! And I tried to talk to the dumb wizard, but SHE (she points at Arkiana) had to go and prod him into attacking us! She collapses into renewed sobs of pain and confusion. I said I was sorry...

Untarr
2014-08-21, 09:29 PM
Jan seems to choke on her sobs, and looks at Frederick with sudden anger. I said I was sorry! And I tried to talk to the dumb wizard, but SHE (she points at Arkiana) had to go and prod him into attacking us! She collapses into renewed sobs of pain and confusion. I said I was sorry...

As the only other 'she' in this band, I can safely assume she is pointing at me... she says as she tilts her head back towards where Jan is sitting. She opens her mouth, her eyes aflame with ang...

Jan's cries echo throughout the chamber.

And Arkiana's anger melts away. She shakes her head. With a sigh she turns around towards the staircase.

Lets go downstairs.

************************************************** ***



Lyr looks stunned at the news of Arkiana's condition. "I, uh- that's- wow..." He frowns and rubs his brow as he paces the floor, speaking half to himself: "I don't think I have anything that could- no, wait! What about...? No, no, that won't work. Doc, any ideas? No? No, that won't work either.. Heironeous!" He snaps his fingers and stares after Frederick, his pacing suddenly halted. "We can go to the garrison! Someone there'll be able to...!"

Still staring straight forward at the desk,
I was also thinking Heironeous. Maybe telling them I got cursed at the hands of a necromancer would help. They seem to appreciate those types of fights.



"...I trust you'll find these coins sufficient to cover your travel from the Free City." he finishes. With a quick glance at Arkiana, he continues, "P.S. - Keep your eyes open for a handsome wanderer who goes by the name of 'Pilgrim'. They say his elegance in battle is matched only by his righteous thirst for justice and legendary skill at dice, and all would be lost if he were to learn of our plans!" "Oh!" Lyr continues in his normal voice. "That explains the harsh reception - they heard I was coming! I'm not really sure I'd say legendary, though..."

Smirking slightly Oh really? Legendary. We'll have to ask Smenk what he meant by that...and why he thinks your handsome. It is rather odd for one man to think another handsome, yes?

Farmerbink
2014-08-21, 10:05 PM
I said I was sorry! And I tried to talk to the dumb wizard

Frederick tries to comfort the gnome as best he is able. I know you are, and I know you did. I do not refer to the necromancer. We would likely have had to fight him for the dog he is regardless. I let my emotions get ahead of me, but you must know that we are still dealing with the encounter with Kullen. He came here to warn Filge this morning- I doubt out of any sense of charity or benevolence. All of our actions have ever-reaching consequences, and while I will hold you no grudge, I cannot say the same for the world around us. It is indeed a mean place at times.

We will rest tonight. He appraises the ragtag, disheveled, blind party surrounding him. Gods know we need it... Suddenly, his face lights up with a grin. Methinks a good stew is in order... To celebrate our collective survival! He winces in reaction to the enthusiastic fist-pump. Oh! Ouch.

After heading down the stairs, smirking at Lyr's rendition of the note, and nodding in agreement with the suggestion to visit the barracks in town, Frederick carries the aforementioned spoils to the cart hitched outside. Come, Father Valkus will know what to do about Arkiana. If not, Allustan will be our next stop.

JWallyR
2014-08-22, 08:33 AM
Jan wipes her eyes on her sleeve and gets up to follow the party out, never letting Frederick get more than a few feet away (and reaching out as if to steady herself against his leg repeatedly) on the way.

Farmerbink
2014-08-22, 08:56 AM
When his hands aren't full, Frederick reaches down to place a hand reassuringly on Jan's shoulders.

Untarr
2014-08-22, 11:31 AM
Do not forget the skeletons, we do not want to forget our true purpose of coming here.

Arkiana, with Lyr's help, makes her way out to the cart and sits calmly as everything is packed away. Once they are moving, she begins to speak...

The more I think about it, the more that letter to Filge bothers me. Take a moment and recall Allustan's prediction of an imminent Age of Worms that only we could stop.

My research on the subject indicated that several savage cultures also believe that an Age of Worms is in our future. While I do not put much stake in their naive beliefs, there was a consistent description that all of them agreed on. Every prediction of this calamity speaks of "death sweeping over the land in an overwhelming tide of hungry, green-worm-infested undead." That the worms would be "unkillable" and herald the end of times and the dawning of an age of undead. she lets that sink in for a moment.

And here we are, with a letter from Balabar Smenk requesting Filge's aid in investigating a cult who is experimenting with green worms and unkillable undead. This is too close to be a coincidence and only reaffirms what Allustan was telling us. We need to investigate this cult after we finish with the Cairn.

Arkiana sighs heavily

How funny. If only we had known that Filge's purpose here aligned with our own...

Farmerbink
2014-08-22, 12:10 PM
Frederick nods in agreement with Arkiana before realizing the futility. I agree with your assessment, with one exception. I think I never would have agreed to work with Filge. There is a right way and a wrong way to combat this blight, and furthermore, we do not know that he was trying to end it. Only that he sought more information.

Untarr
2014-08-22, 01:11 PM
I agree. Filge is not the first Evil Necromancer that I've had to deal with. It is unfortunate that an area of study that could, and does!, provide such beneficial power and knowledge is constantly studied by those who wish to twist it to some selfish end. still keeping her eyes forward, her hands clench her robes until they start to turn white. that seems like a lifetime ago Releasing them, she pulls her hand through her hair and goes go quiet for a moment.

We also need to talk at length about expectations and group strategy. While we have survived off improvisation, our last two fights only serve to highlight our lack of preparation. Tonight we should spend some time discussing frankly what each of us can do, and how it can help the group. For instance, knowing that the good doctor was secretly a monster that had a taste for undead...

Farmerbink
2014-08-22, 06:05 PM
We also need to talk at length about expectations and group strategy. While we have survived off improvisation, our last two fights only serve to highlight our lack of preparation. Tonight we should spend some time discussing frankly what each of us can do, and how it can help the group. For instance, knowing that the good doctor was secretly a monster that had a taste for undead...

haHAAA!! True that! I've seen few things as ferocious as our wee doctor! Frederick takes on an unusually pensive expression before continuing, all business. You make several good points Arkiana. I, for one, would love the benefits that come from being 4 times my size, and need to stay closer to Jan if I am to expect it. Likewise, the doctor and I could wreak some truly holy havoc among our enemies if we acted in concert. You are correct, we should discuss this at greater length this evening.

Albinobrow
2014-08-22, 11:16 PM
As the last zombie falls, Dr. Olofire sits on the the stairs in silence trying to catch his breath, listening for the rest of his companions and relieved to hear all their voices. Once he sees the the effects of his shield extract has worn of he slowly gets up and starts to look around the room.
He is first drawn to the operating theater. Having seen several back while he was in school, he was very curious about any similarities or differences between the ones he'd seen and this one used by a necromancer. This equipment is quite extraordinary! Despite its obviously nefarious uses before hand, I could definitely use this equipment to help me in my research! And what's this? He notices the obvious bulge in the throat of the corpse on the table, and using his scalpel he skillfully cuts out a large emerald with minimal incisions. I'm not sure how much this is worth, but look at it! It has to be worth something! Right?

Continuing his search he finds several pieces he thinks might be worth some gold to somebody. Though unable to appraise precisely how much most of the items might be worth, he notes that Filge's cutlery is worth 10gp and there are 8 copper candle stands worth 5gp each. He also makes sure to grab the pouch of gold orbs and platinum plates from the 1st floor bedroom.

He takes special note in searching the desk. There, under a stack of papers he finds an scroll of Animate Dead. Arkiana, I seem to have found a scroll of Animate Dead. Do you think we might be able to make use of that? Not waiting for an answer, his attention is directed toward a strange apparatus. Necroturblech! As he starts to read allowed what was written on the label, his mouth filled with powder as his sharp teeth and claws seemed to fall off into dust. PTEW!! COUGH COUGH!! Ugh...ahem.. That was not supposed to happen.. I have a few kinks I need to work out for certain. I only have so much hair at a time. hehe.. Regaining his composer, he grabs the beaker with four tubes with different colored liquids inside. I would like to study this apparatus further. Time permitting of course. And Arkiana, once you have regained your sight you really must help me study these strange test tubes! It's quite fascinating really! And.. never mind.. Dr. Olofire thought he might have seen something move in the beakers, but he figured he can investigate that phenomenon with Arkiana's help later on.

Lastly, he grabs the bottle with the green worm floating in it. And if this supposed Age of Worms is coming after all. We might want to study this little guy as well..

I don't know if i mentioned everything of note/value in the house. But I in character plan on taking anything that looks like it might be worth something, even if I can't identify for how much at the time. Also, dibs on the operating theater and apparatus and other such tools for my alchemist lab! MUAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-23, 01:02 AM
The party takes their time, thoroughly dismantling the vile efforts of Filge to investigate the arts of undead creation and taking care to gather the assorted items of value.

During a brief ceremony in which both Lyr and Frederick speak from their faiths' holy texts the four skeletons are laid to rest with the remains of Alastor Land. The party also comes to a consensus and decides to gather the corpses of the other undead in the entryway of the observatory to dispose of them properly more easily.

The local congregation of Wee Jas may be worth involving, as they maintain the local graveyard and jealously guard against the misuse of bodies by unauthorized necromancers. It is unlikely any of these corpses (save the owlbears) were acquired legally, so they could either cremate them or bury them in the protected grounds of their chapel.

It might also be worthwhile to see about consecrating the Land family burial grounds to prevent future desecration. While the skeletons of Alastor's family members are unusable without serious repair, his remains are not so damaged. While his soul (and ghost) would be unaffected by future misuse of his bones, it would prevent the creation of future undead - in itself a good thing.
Late that afternoon, after taking care of the most immediately pressing concern of preventing Filge from recovering the tools of his grisly trade and disposing of the bodies of the recently undead, the party gathers at their home and unloads the items gathered from the observatory.

Which items are the PCS going to use to help furnish their home?

Are you all planning to try and sell items in town immediately? Which items?

Do you plan to try adventuring the next day, or spending that day to recover HPs and work to recover Arkiana's sight?

There is also the subject of Arkiana's appointment with Zalamandra to discuss. With Starnes' new plans he sounds like he is moving away from that procedure, but the RP discussion should happen, IMO.

Untarr
2014-08-23, 07:38 AM
Frederick, if we could please drop by the church before we head to the house. I doubt they'll have a Remove Blindness prepared, but we could at least set it up for early tomorrow morning.

Farmerbink
2014-08-23, 09:08 AM
Frederick, if we could please drop by the church before we head to the house. I doubt they'll have a Remove Blindness prepared, but we could at least set it up for early tomorrow morning.

Certainly. The sooner you regain your sight, the better. Perhaps I can have a word with Father Valkus while we are there. He would approve of... most of our actions, today. I suspect he, too, would be frustrated by the new of Filge's escape...

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-23, 09:44 AM
The PCs are met at the garrison by a soldier who does not recognize them, but at their insistence an acolyte comes out. "I apologize, but Father Valkus is busy at the moment. If you would like, you can dictate to me a message and I will deliver it to him," the young man says, presenting a piece of parchment and charcoal pen.

As the party explains the events that led them to seek the head priest, the acolyte's eyes widen. At the mention of a necromancer he becomes visibly shaken, looking at the assembled adventurers in awe. "Um, this is a bigger deal than I first thought. I will be right back with Father Valkus!" he exclaims, running back into the garrison.

Several minutes later the PCs are ushered inside and led to the garrison chapel. Another acolyte tends to the cart and Father Valkus meets them at the entrance, his face a storm cloud of concern and righteous anger. "The Archpaladin has blessed your steps, I hear, though you return from battle with wounds. Come with me inside, that we may mend them and you may tell me of the foes you have faced this day," he says, seeing their wounds and the cloudiness in Arkiana's eyes. "I regret to say no one has the ability to cure your blindness prepared today, but it can be done tomorrow," he says, leading Arkiana carefully inside. "Tell me, first, did this necromancer really get away? Where do our men need to search for the fiend, and does he still have any undead with him?"

The inside of the garrison is neat and clean, and the chapel very utilitarian. The benches have no cushions and the displays of art and religious iconography are largely painted, apparently by the devout soldiers of the garrison (based on the mixed quality of the artwork). The only exception is the marble altar at the front, draped in fine cloth with a 2-ft. burnished metal holy symbol of Heironeous on the front, facing the congregation. It is clear the little chapel receives the devotion of the faithful, but is not blessed with much in the way of mundane wealth.

Farmerbink
2014-08-23, 11:21 AM
Frederick steps forward and bows to the priest respectfully. He waits for the man's acknowledgement before rising and responding to his questions. We did succeed in destroying all of his minions, Father. However, through some wizardry we were unable to identify, he gestures towards Arkiana's eyes by way of explanation, the necromancer literally floated through the floor of the observatory. Once we had finished cutting through his... defenders, he was nowhere to be found. He should be relatively unthreatening at the moment, as the true causes of our wounds have been dealt with. I do not know, however, where else he would run to. There is some... reason to suspect... that he is working for or with Balabar Smenk, though I would not risk saying as much to anyone but you. We found a letter, addressed to Filge, this necromancer, from someone only identified as "S." The author claimed that there was a "cult situation" that was getting worse, in the Dourstone Mine. Something about green worms and unkillable zombies. We... or rather, I, anyway, do not know more than that. I am... not always adept at recalling details. He looks over his shoulder to the party. Do you all remember something I have missed?

MuffinMan
2014-08-23, 12:16 PM
"I regret to say no one has the ability to cure your blindness prepared today, but it can be done tomorrow," he says, leading Arkiana carefully inside."


Lyr gives an audible gasp of relief when Valkus says the affliction can be cured, but turns away quickly and pretends to be engrossed in one of the amateur paintings before anyone can address him.


Do you all remember something I have missed?

"There was the bit about the handsome wanderer... oh, here!" Lyr digs the note out of a pocket and presents it to the commander. "It looks like our dear friend Kullen has gotten into the business of suppling raw materials for the necromancer. That's how we tracked him down in the first place. It might be worthwhile keeping an eye on that one and his crew - I wouldn't bet on Filge being stupid enough to contact him openly, but Kullen might let something slip inadvertently. Not much of a poker face on that fellow." Lyr pauses for a moment and looks uncertainly back at the others. "Do you think the Father ought to hear about Allustan's little... theory?"

Untarr
2014-08-24, 07:51 AM
Not at this time. she says in response to Lyr's question. Smiling blankly ahead, she lets Father Valkus lower her onto a bench with a Thank you.

While I did not see the spell itself, there are only a few spells it could have been. Incorporeal, which would necessitate a scroll, or, the more likely scenario, Gaseous Form. Filge has lost his undead and any material components that he left behind, which will set him back considerably. He was holed up in the old observatory if you want to investigate further. shifting in her seat, she pulls out what looks to be a dice and starts twirling it in her hand as she talks.

We were lucky, Filge was more prepared than we anticipated. However, such a thing should no longer be a concern, I think we have learned our lesson. stilling her hands, she places the dice back in her robes.

We must rest, heal, and finish our investigation of the Whispering Cairn before we set off after this cult and Smenk.

Farmerbink
2014-08-25, 06:36 AM
"Do you think the Father ought to hear about Allustan's little... theory?"

You have all-but told him already, and I doubt very much this would be the first he has heard. Though perhaps there has been little evidence of any threat found until now. The better question is this: who is best served to study the worm? Give me just a moment, father. Frederick recovers the vial with the worm from its place on the cart to show father Valkus. I think we would all be best served leaving this with Allustan to study, but I think you should see it. What do you make of this, father?

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-25, 06:41 AM
Father Valkus responds to Frederick's respectful greeting quickly but not flippantly before responding to the party's collected responses and the letter, "I would encourage you to be very careful about Smenk. He is very well connected, and while quite the villain in my personal opinion, he takes great care to avoid being implicated in anything that could be traced back to him. Kullen and his comrades are generally thugs, but no more so than much of this town. With regards to this necromancer, Filge, I will encourage the commander to increase the patrols and will warn the men about the threat. If you are all correct, perhaps he will go into hiding for a time."

He thinks for a moment an continues, "Allustan Neff is a complex man. His brother, the governor-mayor, is corrupt and untrustworthy, but Allustan seems to have avoided the influences that lead towards such behavior. He is also rather more intelligent than most in Diamond Lake, so his theory whatever it may be, is likely to be at least well supported in his mind. I assume it was at his urging that you are exploring the Whispering Cairn, so I will not ask more on that subject." Standing he says, "I will, however heal you all and prepare a spell to remove this blindness tomorrow. Come back in the early morning - the spell has no expensive components, so out of respect for your valorous combat I feel Heironeous will bless the preparation with success. Should you feel so inclined to make an offering to the chapel, he will no doubt smile upon it, of course."

With that he takes several seconds to channel the power of his divine patron, healing the party fully. He then ushers them out ending by saying, "Due to a long-standing agreement between our congregations, the garrison chapel does not generally handle the proper disposal of non-worshipers, instead leaving that in the capable hands of the clergy of Wee Jas, the Witch Goddess. I would encourage you to either deliver the undead remains to them or direct them to the observatory to take care that the bodies are properly interred. Till the morrow!" With that the party is escorted back off the garrison grounds.

Farmerbink
2014-08-25, 06:52 AM
Stretching and flexing his sore muscles, Frederick leads the group back to the cart. That went somewhat better even than I expected. It is nice to be recognized for the value of our efforts, and particulalry unusual in this town... Let us visit the temple of Wee Jas next, so that we can consider our business at the observatory truly complete. They will be able to consecrate the Land stead as well, and would probably want to be involved, frankly. After that, we can pay a visit to Allustan and get his input on this worm...

Untarr
2014-08-25, 08:44 AM
If we could wait to see Allustan until tomorrow, I would rather not worry him with my affliction. she says as she stands, holding her hand out...

MuffinMan
2014-08-25, 09:34 AM
"Yeah, what Allustan doesn't know won't hurt him!" Lyr agrees, moving to take Arkiana's arm and lead her back out to the cart. "Assuming he isn't scrying on us right now..." he glances nervously up at the ceiling as they walk through the hall.

"The church of the Witch Goddess, huh?" he muses as they ready the cart to travel again. "Patron of magic, death, vanity, and generally no fun whatsoever... this should be an interesting meeting..."

Farmerbink
2014-08-25, 09:39 AM
"The church of the Witch Goddess, huh?" he muses as they ready the cart to travel again. "Patron of magic, death, vanity, and generally no fun whatsoever... this should be an interesting meeting..."

Frederick chuckles at Lyr's musings. Indeed, they are a somewhat aloof group, from what little interactions I can remember. They get feisty if you start burying people without their input, however. Odd choices of things to worry ones self about, but I am no scholar of theirs. Perhaps you will find some common ground, if you search for it.

... Then again, perhaps not, he adds with an impish grin.

JWallyR
2014-08-25, 03:09 PM
haHAAA!! True that! I've seen few things as ferocious as our wee doctor! Frederick takes on an unusually pensive expression before continuing, all business. You make several good points Arkiana. I, for one, would love the benefits that come from being 4 times my size, and need to stay closer to Jan if I am to expect it. Likewise, the doctor and I could wreak some truly holy havoc among our enemies if we acted in concert. You are correct, we should discuss this at greater length this evening.

Jan breaks her uncharacteristic silence to shout, Since I can do all these weird things, I want to make them count! ...and I'd also feel a lot better if I knew I could get close without being face-to-face with the bad guys. She furrows her brows in remembered fright and pain. I'm not used to being so close to things that want to hurt me. Maybe I should get a dagger or something, so I can poke at things that get close? Or maybe a club or something...

Farmerbink
2014-08-25, 08:51 PM
Frederick looks down at Jan. Much will need to be discussed back at the house. For one, my role in combat. I think I may have let my hatred blind me back at the observatory, and I should have been protecting you, but instead left you in my wake to face the zombies directly. For that, no apology can be too great.
The bulk of the discussion, however, will have to be discussed later.

JWallyR
2014-08-25, 09:10 PM
Jan gives Frederick a wan smile.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-27, 05:12 AM
The temple of Wee Jas can be found standing watch over the local boneyard, a Gothic building with poised and confident beauty to it. Shades of red and black dominate the exquisite stained glass windows, representing Wee Jas in her most approachable aspect - that of a comforting and strong woman, welcoming the deceased to their final rest.

The party is greeted outside the entrance by a thin figure wearing a hooded robe pulled back to allow his face to be seen. His robes are a deep grey, nearly black, with several rubies and a large skull-motif holy symbol worn prominently on his chest.

http://www.rodinia.info/images/weejas.jpg
He says in a reedy voice, "Honor the dead, in the name of the Witch Goddess." The man bows his head slightly to each of the party, in turn. "What brings supplicants to the temple of Wee Jas this fine morning?" He does not seem to take note of Arkiana's condition, nor does he introduce himself further.

Wee Jas (Lawful Neutral with some minor Lawful Evil tendencies) is a complex deity with several large areas of influence. She was originally a deity of a particular racial group of humans (known as the Suel) and is one of the longest-worshiped deities in existence. She is influential in areas of death (primarily that of restful repose, though including lawful undeath where allowed, though this is at best an uncommon expression of her faith) laws and contracts, arcane magic (many of her most devout priests are also acclaimed arcane spellcasters), and that of love. Her church is very strict in its dealings, full of traditions and power.
In Diamond Lake, the congregation of Wee Jas focuses on her aspects of repose, law, and magic. This is likely an acolyte in service to Amariss, the high priestess of the Ruby Sorceress in the area.

Farmerbink
2014-08-27, 06:33 AM
Frederick bows his head respectfully in response to the priest. We have just returned from the old observatory, where we found the temporary lair of a necromancer. He had several... creatures under his influence that we felt deserved a proper burial. Knowing the witch goddess to have authority on such matters, we thought it best to seek your aid in guiding these souls to their eternal repose.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-27, 08:01 AM
The man's eyes widen and he splutters for a moment. "A necromancer? I know of no one legally exploring the necromantic arts in Diamond Lake! This is a matter for Mistress Amariss. Would you follow me, please?" he says after a moment. He lead the party inside the church to a harsh looking individual dressed in a black robe that trains behind them several feet. It is difficult to tell the gender of this individual, they are so thin as to be emaciated, with short cropped black hair and a sharp face. Bowing low to the individual the acolyte says, "Mistress, these people claim to have battled a necromancer at the old observatory and come to us for assistance in properly disposing of the bodies of the unlawfully animated dead." He then step back, keeping his eyes low the entire time.

The high priestess turns to the assembled adventurers silently, waiting for them to speak.

MuffinMan
2014-08-27, 08:22 AM
Local [roll0]
Religion [roll1]

MuffinMan
2014-08-27, 08:29 AM
"Yeah, what he said." Lyr jumps in after the acolyte. "Let's see, there were two bugbear skeletons, three lizardfolk zombies..." he counts off on his fingers, "... a bugbear, seven or eight human zombies, and... -oh yeah! And three human skeletons we are returning to their rightful place at the Land homestead. None of which was friendly!" He grimaces, remembering the bloody battle from that morning.

Untarr
2014-08-27, 11:24 AM
[roll0] vs 10 Knowledge Religion
[roll1] vs 10 Local

With her hand still on Lyr's shoulder, Arkiana speaks up after he hears that Lyr has stopped.

Additionally, we ran across some evidence of a local cult that is allegedly conducting experiments on undead, specifically to make them unkillable through the use of a green worm. If you know of anything about that, we would appreciate the information, we have reason to believe that whomever they are, they mean to do great harm.

JWallyR
2014-08-27, 11:32 AM
Jan raises an eyebrow as they approach the temple of Wee Jas, and notices the skull emblem with an expressionless face.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-28, 05:14 AM
Amariss looks calmly at the assembled group, listening to each person speak in turn. Then with a low, soft voice that only barely identifies her as female she speaks, saying, "The church of Wee Jas will be pleased to help in the proper burial for the deceased Land family, assuming they are part of Diamond Lake. The undead you have mentioned would be best burned here, where the magic that animated them can be truly undone. We know nothing of any such cult working here in Diamond Lake, though the legal creation of an undestroyable animated creature would be of some academic interest to parts of our church. None of our acolytes would dare such research without the approval of their betters, however."

She turns and walks calmly to an ornate cabinet against one wall of the sanctuary, giving the party a moment to look at their surroundings. The Jasadin temple is vastly more ornate than the garrison's chapel, with great treasure displayed prominently in reverence to their goddess. There are no pews or seats to be seen, though about a dozen ornate, circular rugs can be seen surrounding an altar located in a central depression in the room. The center of worship appears to be more a combination alchemical/arcane laboratory than a place for sacrifices or divine rituals, with several acolytes dressed in identical dark grey robes busily working at it.

After a moment, Amariss gives a rolled scroll and small box with intricate detailing to the acolyte who brought the party to her. The hooded acolyte makes a low genuflection in response, turns back to the party, and asks, "Where is this family graveyard? I will perform a ritual to sanctify the grounds and coordinate the removal of the undead remains from the observatory."

The party gives the acolyte directions and he leaves, nearly appearing to flee from the presence of his mistress. Amariss on the other hand turns without further discussion and walks to the central altar/laboratory, the party apparently dismissed from her attention without warranting further discussion.

MuffinMan
2014-08-28, 10:13 AM
The party gives the acolyte directions and he leaves, nearly appearing to flee from the presence of his mistress. Amariss on the other hand turns without further discussion and walks to the central altar/laboratory, the party apparently dismissed from her attention without warranting further discussion.

"Uh, alright - thanks then!" Lyr turns and ushers the others towards the exit, clearly uncomfortable with the atmosphere around the temple and Amariss herself.

When they are back on the street outside, he turns to Frederick. "You hear that?! Lawfully-created! Next time a dead lizard jumps out of a tank and starts hitting us with a pipe, we'd better slow down and ask if all of its papers are in order!" He rolls his eyes. "Anyways, what now? Valkus patched us up but now I feel like I could eat a horse and sleep for a week!" A rumble from his belly accentuates the end of his statement.

JWallyR
2014-08-28, 12:24 PM
Jan's eyes widen and she suddenly laughs at Lyr's remarks. A horse is a little big, but I could eat... a pony! Or maybe a small cow?
Her face taking on a more serious cast, she continues: Now that I think about it, I think I should get a little dagger or something. Maybe one of those pearly-thingies we found? Turning to address Arkiana: I saw your eyes light up when we found that, but I have no idea what it does. Must be something good? she grins, before looking a little embarassed.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-30, 04:55 AM
The party walks away from the Jasadin temple and boneyard. They make their way back to their home where dinner is made, eaten, and they prepare for the night.

I need to know how Arkiana and Lyr handle things with Zalamandra before I move forward with the story and have Father Valkus get around to healing Arkiana's affliction.

Untarr
2014-08-30, 08:18 AM
Lyr, if you would help me outside, there is something I need to do before we sleep.

Lifting out her hand, she allows him to guide her to the porch.

We need to go to the Emporium, though not for my original purpose. Come, I will explain along the way.

To be continued in http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?364322-Arkiana-and-Zalamandra-Age-of-Worms-Trans-Atlantic-Party-IC

MuffinMan
2014-08-30, 10:23 AM
Lyr leads her outside, but then whispers in a low voice:
Now?? Even after- ahh, fine! Why should a little thing like being blind change the plan?? Let's get this done...
He starts to lead her as carefully as possible back towards Diamond Lake...

Farmerbink
2014-08-30, 04:09 PM
As the group finishes eating dinner, and discussing the day's events, Frederick suddenly takes to his feet. I have... something I need to do. I will be back tonight, but it may be late. I do not expect any trouble, so I will see you all then. With something of a forced smile, he leaves through the front door. He saddles Leroy, and rides off in the direction of Diamond Lake.

DarkOne7141981
2014-08-31, 01:39 AM
After the three leave, Jan and Olofire are left alone in the house. The evening passes uneventfully, and in the morning all of the party finds themselves back together, apparently none the worse for wear. Frederick is confident that the clerics of Heironeous will have prepared new spells sometime shortly after breakfast. They should be able to help Arkiana by mid-morning. Afterwards, the rest of the Whispering Cairn awaits...

Alternatively, if the party wants a bit more of a break before reentering the dungeon, there are several more vendors in town that may be interested in some of the treasures discovered. See the first post of this thread for their names and brief descriptions.

Untarr
2014-08-31, 09:48 AM
Waking early, Arkiana feels around for her robes and components, dressing silently. While the rest of the party finishes their preparations, she makes her way onto the wagon.

While we walk, we can discuss our various abilities and come up with a better plan for dealing with various challenges. We also must spend some time today visiting some local shops to sell off some of our items. We are under-equipped for the dangers we are facing.

Tidwoad should be interested in the jewels and gold statues we have located thus far. If we take the potions to the Smelting House, Banazel might purchase them, or let us trade them for something else. Finally, our weapons and armor may find a buyer at the Captain's Blade or Osgood's Smithy.

With such funds, I suggest we buy a wand of Cure Light Wounds, and mayhaps some better armor for our more" up close and personal" companions.

[roll0] Knowledge Local for the location of a place that would have wands for sale, specifically CLWs.

[roll1] Knowledge Local for places to purchase spells (though the default location for Arkiana is Allustan, and now the temple of Wee Jas, this is for any other spells she may want)

Dust of Twilight
Glitterdust
Summon Swarm
Summon Monster II
Web
Stone Call
Command Undead
Fox's Cunning
pyrotechnics
Comprehend Languages
Silent Image
Touch of Gracelessness
Shield

Farmerbink
2014-08-31, 09:54 AM
Frederick rises while it is still dark, and spends an unusually long time reviewing his forms and praying, just outside the wall in front of the house. He makes his way to the living room just after dawn's rays illuminate the building. After a brief breakfast, he hitches Leroy to the cart, and helps to load the unwanted spoils into it. I know you dislike this, boy. It must be done, he says to the stallion as he comforts the animal's unease with a few strokes of his hand. Turning back to Arkiana, he adds, we would travel faster if you would consent to either ride Leroy, or ride in the cart. I would hate to see you turn an ankle or worse in the ruts of this country track. Also, we should hire laborers to assist us in cleaning up the house. It will be easier to defend with locks and a wall that actually encircles the property, just in case. Shall we start at Osgood's? He and I have some history. If he has no interest, he will know who will, and likely be glad to help.

Untarr
2014-08-31, 10:45 AM
Depending on what time we arrive at the village, lets start with the temple and get this blindness cured. Osgoods or Allustan's are both a good start. Lets go to Osgood's first and figure out what we want to do from there.

Using her hands, she feels out the side of the cart, and with Frederick's help, hops into the passenger seat.

Farmerbink
2014-08-31, 11:08 AM
you're thinking wagon. A cart doesn't actually have seats at all, except in this case for my locked chest in said cart. You could sit on that and be relatively comfortable. At least, it's unlikely that shifting spoils are gonna smush you against a sidewall. Yes, fair point. I had forgotten, my apologies.

MuffinMan
2014-08-31, 11:14 AM
Lyr wakes later than usual, and yawns while rubbing sleep from his eyes the whole time they are getting prepared. "Someplace with coffee, where I can buy a new head..." he grumbles as he tosses his pack onto the cart. A funny thought strikes him and he chuckles. "You think they get get me one as pretty as Jan's?"

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-01, 11:09 AM
The party heads to the garrison first to remove Arkiana's blindness. Father Valkus does the act quickly, apologizing for not spending longer ministering to the party but explaining that his duties require him to be elsewhere most of the morning and he is eager to begin. The priest does mention that if anyone is interested in providing an offering to the chapel the acolytes there can accept it.

Casting Remove Blindness did not cost any material components, but in general spellcasting services for the spell would cost roughly 150 golden crowns (assuming minimum caster level - which Valkus is not). It is reasonable to assume that a more generous donation would be both appreciated and noted by the priest.
After restoring Arkiana's sight the party heads to the town square. Once there they find no shortage of people willing to work to repair their home - it is better and safer than working in a mine afterall.

Page 1 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5pvcud5dk9b6m6j/Photo%20Apr%2022%2C%206%2056%2057.jpg?dl=0)
Page 2 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/iedv2rosoryirrk/Photo%20Apr%2022%2C%206%2057%2012.jpg?dl=0)
Page 3 (https://www.dropbox.com/s/a35l9w8uxz0nbv1/Photo%20Apr%2022%2C%206%2057%2029.jpg?dl=0)

None of the laborers are particularly noteworthy, though I am open to any RPing you want to do in regards to them. If you want to be picky about them, roll a skill check (Diplomacy, Knowledge (Local) and/or Sense Motive) and I will decide more details about the quality of the team you hire.

I will not penalize you for skipping the unexciting process of screening workers - anyone you hire will at least be competent and won't waste your time/money.
Tidwoad's Jewelry shop is found right on the main square, while all of the other vendors mentioned earlier can be found elsewhere. Heading there next the party finds a meticulously organized gem and jewelry shop with a massive, armored figure that is clearly not a normal humanoid guarding the entrance.

http://fstoke.me/monster-lord/img/gallery/monsters_origin/shield_guardian.jpg
This is a Wood Golem that was further crafted to be a Shield Guardian - quite the impressive guardian for a jewelry shop in a place like Diamond Lake. It cost a small fortune to create, which suggests the kinds of funds Tidwoad must possess.
A surly gnome is found inside fussing over a large pearl in his hands as the party enters. At first his expression is one of annoyance until he sees Jan. At the sight of the other gnome, Tidwoad perks up, crying "A fellow Grossetgrottel gnome! Welcome to my humble shop, everyone!" He looks closely at Jan, squinting his face up as he tries to remember her. Failing to do so, he continues "My name is Tidwoad, and this is my shop. Are you looking to buy or sell today? In addition to my collection of fine gems, I am proud to say I have the only collection of genuine magical items for sale worth perusing in town. I purchase gems at the best price you will find in the area and will even consider taking other, less valuable items off your hand for a price. What can I do for you today?" As he speaks he paces on the top of his displays, his slippered feet leaving no marks on the glass tops.

Tidwoad charges a 5% "exchange tax" on any gems he buys, but otherwise purchases them at the price listed when they were successfully appraised by the party members. Other items will only earn the party 30-50% of their true worth. Attempting to barter with him is unlikely to make much difference, as he is in fact the only jeweler in town, but the PCs are welcome to try. Roll any Diplomacy checks with dialogue included to provide some reason for him to consider your haggling, as he knows he is he only market in town for such items.
Tidwoad is genuinely pleased to see another gnome in his shop. He is not antagonistic towards the non-gnomes, but he is not desperate to interact with them either.

He believes everything he has said, though the truth of several of his claims may be up for debate from the other vendors in town.

Untarr
2014-09-01, 11:44 AM
Arkiana blinks a few times, covering her eyes at first.

Gods be praised.

Thank you high priest.

Arkiana hands an acolyte 5 platinum.

**********************
Arkiana works with Frederick and picks out seven workers to clear out the debris.

There is 55 hours left on cleaning out the debris (15 interior, 40 exterior, each laborer costs 1 sp for 8 hours of work)

Hiring 7 workers gives us 56 hours of work on the day.

I will pay this out of the undistributed funds.



***********
Arkiana takes out a paper with the title "Tidwoads" on it.

Here is a list of what we are interested in selling to you. I will let my gnomish friend handle the details. she says as she hands the paper to Jan.


Gems/Misc Valuables (Priced at 95% value)
Slim Spire Statue (190)
Grand Palace Statue (190)
Grande Stadium Statue (190)
Small Red Ruby (47.5)
Seeker Ring (190)
Emerald (19)
Dining Utensils (190)
Cutlery (19)
Eight Copper Stands (38)
Silver Tray (47.5)

Magical items (priced at 50% value)
N.B. This is not the only place we can sell these, so don't accept anything less than half.

Goggles of Minutes Seeing (1250) - These may go to Olofire
Daze Resistant Spectacles (37.5)
***********

Do you want the Goggles of Minute Seeing (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic-items/wondrous-items/wondrous-items/e-g/goggles-of-minute-seeing)? You never said anything, but I want to be sure before we sell them.

Farmerbink
2014-09-01, 08:31 PM
After Father Valkus restores Arkiana's blindness, Frederick follows her to the acolyte. Deliberately speaking loudly enough to be heard by the group, he addresses the acolyte. Arkiana's blindness was as much our fault as hers, and as such, the remedy is as much to our benefit as well. He bows slight, adding, may Heironeous bless these offerings, and those in his service, and adds 30 gold pieces to the proffered plate.

*******************************

[roll0] sense motive
[roll1] diplomacy
if it's necessary and relevant: [roll2] knowledge (local)

I don't care to RP hiring workers unless there is an interesting NPC to be discovered in the process.

If we have sufficient funds, I would like to hire people for the wall work as a relative priority.

********************************

[roll3] sense motive
[roll4] diplomacy (for the following question)


I, for one, have what I think may be a relevant question. I would like to have this- he draws his greatsword, extending it, handle first, towards the gnome- enchanted. Do you have the abilities, or know anyone with the abilities to make it happen?

MuffinMan
2014-09-02, 08:57 AM
At the garrison chapel, Lyr waits until the rest of the group has turned to go, and then walks up to the acolyte and places a bag of 100 gold pieces into the offering tray. "Glory to the Archpaladin..." he mutters discreetly before hurrying out to rejoin the others.

********

At Tidwoad's: [roll0]
At Tidwoad's, Lyr's eyes go wide at the sight of all the gems and jewels and he leans in close to one of the displays, his breath fogging up the glass. "Very impressive, Master Tidwoad! And forgive my curiosity, but what is that??" He jerks his thumb at the armored guardian outside. "In all my travels I've never seen anything like that before!"

His ears prick up with interest when Frederick mentions enchanting their weapons. "Oh, and one more thing!" he interjects. "I've heard of potent wands with the ability to cure wounds, mend bruises, and the like. In our line of work that happens more often that you might think! You don''t have any of those lying around, do you?"

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-02, 10:19 AM
The acolyte bows his head at each offering, his eyes going wide at the generosity of the party members. It is clear from his response that such gifts are uncommon, likely due to the low wages of the common folk in Diamond Lake.
--------------------------

The workers hired by the party are given their directions and head in the direction of the party's home to get started. None of the workers seem particularly skilled, which is fine considering they have been hired largely to clear debris and rubble.
--------------------------


Arkiana takes out a paper with the title "Tidwoads" on it....
"Ah, the adventurers with the lists! I have heard of you all from Taggin across the way - he was quite pleased with working with you all. I can only hope my experience with you is as pleasant," Tidwoad says undiplomatically. "My terms are rather strict, as the market in town is rather narrow and I must make purchases carefully to avoid taking in stock I cannot in turn sell. That said I will be very happy to see the items on your list. Anything I purchase must first be inspect closely here using my own tools - there are minerals and metals that while quite lovely are not actually valuable, and only a carefully trained eye using the proper equipment can differentiate true gold from fool's gold at times."

The gnome walks over to a case near the back of the room, retrieving a set of complex goggles and a scale with a set of weights. "All of my equipment is certified and the weights carefully balanced. Should you have any questions regarding the quality of my appraisal methods I do not mind explaining them in detail," he continues, carefully setting up his equipment.


I, for one, have what I think may be a relevant question. I would like to have this- he draws his greatsword, extending it, handle first, towards the gnome- enchanted. Do you have the abilities, or know anyone with the abilities to make it happen?
As Frederick draws his blade the armored figure bursts into motion before stopping suddenly short as it sees the manner in which the blade has been drawn. The action is sudden and rather startlingly fast, but the figure seems to reset as if nothing had happened just as quickly.

Tidwoad seems to not notice his guardian's movement, and laughs at the paladin's offer of the sword hilt. "Good sir, I would barely be able to drag such a weapon! Please, return that to its sheath - I am no enchanter, simply a successful merchant. Your needs could likely be handled better by Tyrol Ebberly's provider or Manlin Osgood. The magical items I carry are of a much smaller, less violent nature."


"...And forgive my curiosity, but what is that??" He jerks his thumb at the armored guardian outside. "In all my travels I've never seen anything like that before!"
"Festus is my most prized treasure - a powerful arcane creation I purchased to guard me and mine from would be thieves. I am very proud of him - my store has a perfect record for keeping my stock safe from those who would take it unlawfully."


His ears prick up with interest when Frederick mentions enchanting their weapons. "Oh, and one more thing!" he interjects. "I've heard of potent wands with the ability to cure wounds, mend bruises, and the like. In our line of work that happens more often that you might think! You don''t have any of those lying around, do you?"
"Ah, magic wands? One moment please..." Tidwoad hops off the top of his display case and retrieves a rolled parchment from a locked compartment underneath it. Reading the scroll carefully he says, "You want a healing wand, you say? Those are indeed highly desirable commodities in our most dangerous world. At the moment I have only one in stock, and it is mostly discharged. I can sell it to you for one hundred fifty gold orbs. I can also order more from Greyhawk - I get shipments every week, and send my orders back with the traveling merchant who delivers my products. He is due with a delivery in two days time. Shall I order more?"

This is indeed a wand of Cure Light Wounds (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/cureLightWounds.html#cure-light-wounds). It has ten charges left currently.

Farmerbink
2014-09-02, 01:34 PM
Frederick sheathes the sword slowly, eyeing the construct warily as he does so. As he finishes, his eyes widen as he appears to register Tidwoad's words. Osgood can enchant things? I knew he was a skilled armor and weapon smith, but this... I had no idea... He appears lost in his thoughts as the group finishes their business with the gnome.

Untarr
2014-09-02, 04:43 PM
Thank you kind sir, I do my best to keep organized about things. she says with a bow. Moving back towards the golem, she eyes it up and down, taking note of its features.

This is most impressive. Did you OH! Arkiana is cut off suddenly by the Golem's movement towards Frederick. HE DIDN'T MEAN IT! she gasps out as the golem comes to a stop. Sighing with relief, Arkiana glares at Frederick.

What I meant to say was, did you build this yourself? I did not expect to find a Shield Guardian in such a town.

************************************

[roll0] Knowledge Arcana vs DC 18 Golem

Detect Magic
[roll1] vs DC 16

*************************************

That is a fair price for that wand. When we are done trading, we will add that sum to our side for the wand. For now, do not order one. Though who knows what may happen tomorrow.

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-03, 08:28 AM
Tidwoad looks at Frederick with a quizzical look on his face. "Osgood doesn't so much enchant weapons and armor as he crafts them with such precision and detail that some of his finest work can only be described as magical. But you will have to speak to him about that - items used for violence do not really interest me," the gnome says disdainfully to the half-orc.

To Arkiana he replies, "Festus was a very expensive commission I purchased in Greyhawk. I am no wizard, though I have a few tricks up my sleeves." He laughs, looking at Jan. "Most of us gnomes do, after all!"

JWallyR
2014-09-03, 12:08 PM
Jan's eyes seem to grow unnaturally large and remain fixed on the enormous construct as the party enters Tidwoad's; she seems momentarily dazzled by both the quantity and the obvious quality of the many sparkling things in the store before her attention is drawn to the shopkeeper as he addresses the party.


"A fellow Grossetgrottel gnome! Welcome to my humble shop, everyone!

Knowledge (Local), untrained: [roll0]

Jan tilts her head and pauses while looking at Tidwoad, but after a moment seems to continue unperturbed. Well hello, there! I had heard of your shop, but I guess I didn't put two and two together and realize that the owner of this fine establishment was one of our kind! Besides, she continues in a theatrical whisper, All these big people are rather odd, in one way or another, and I am learning that the fighting is rather off-putting.

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-06, 09:45 AM
The jeweler nods in agreement to Jan's statement regarding violence before turning back to his equipment. He finishes setting it up and looks expectantly at the party members as he waits for them to bring him some items to inspect and appraise for their worth. "I am all set up here - shall we begin?" he asks.

Tidwoad spends nearly an hour carefully inspecting all of the various valuables the party offers to sell. He makes no comments regarding his opinions on them all, instead jotting down values on a small pad. When he is finished he retrieves a sack of coins from a safe behind the display cases and carefully counts out 1,008 gold orbs and 5 silver nobles, stacking them neatly for the party members to count beside the runed wand. "Here you are, everyone. Several of the items you have found are quite lovely, and I hope we can do business again in the future!"

As the players collect their new coin the gnome begins taking several of the finer pieces and rearranging his displays to include them, humming tunelessly to himself as he does so.
-----------------

Crossing the square to Taggin's shop they find the general store owner very busy with customers. Seeing the party he sends a helper to the back where to retrieve a small lock box. Opening the box the man shows the party 925 gold orbs rolled carefully in paper. "I hope you all find everything in order. As you can see I am very busy at this time, but would be happy to do see you again anytime. Is there anything I can have the clerks fetch for you today, or will this be it?" Taggin says, smiling.

Farmerbink
2014-09-06, 09:55 AM
Frederick smiles politely, nodding to the store owner. I believe this concludes out business for today. I am quite sure we will see you again. He collects the bag from said clerk, and hands it to Arkiana on his way out.

Where to from here? Shall we pay Osgood a visit? He smiles eagerly, anticipating seeing the old man again.

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-07, 02:48 AM
The Captain's Blade, a weapon store run by Tyrol Ebberly, can be found along the road to the west of Tidwoad's shop, about two minutes away from the town square. This side of Diamond Lake is centered largely around serving the needs of the local garrison, with a pair of smaller businesses catering to the needs of the soldiers (the Spinning Giant pub, named for an actual giantess of recent local renown, and the Midnight Salute, a small brothel used by more soldiers than the Emporium).

Venelle's is a bow shop run by a pleasant woman. It can be found on the way to Allustan's residence just a stone throw from the town center.

Following the road to the east, well out of the core of Diamond Lake is Osgood's smithy and the smelting house (with Benazel the alchemist). The prevailing winds blow the fumes and smoke from these establishments well away from Diamond Lake, and the walk is a bit further than either of the above options.

(See this map (http://tenetti.org/kts/DandD/DiamondLakeMap.jpg) for a better view.)
------------------

Assuming the party is in no rush to finish their work, Frederick's desire to see one of the only faces in Diamond Lake that stirs a happy memory for him leads the party to walk east along the lake shore till they find the smithy on the left hand side of the road. The stone building stands out amongst the more ramshackle wooden ones in town, with a clean yard and large windows. A small stream runs towards the lake, moving a waterwheel slowly but steadily as it flows. Thick black smoke can be seen rising from the chimney and floating away. From inside the sound of bellows and hammers can be heard. Over the large doorway can be seen a wrought iron "O" with masterful detail worked into it.

The fence is made of 4-ft. high stone with a reinforced wooden gate. Beside it a sign is posted that reads in the Common and Dwarven tongues, "Smiths at work - enter with care and ring bell for service." Past the gate can be seen an enormous metallic bell hanging from a stone stand with a hammer chained beside it. Frederick opens the gate and enters the yard, ringing the bell loudly once and waiting for someone to exit the building. An enormous man walks out, his bright red beard clearly visible below the blacksmith's helmet he wears. Seeing the assembled party he lifts the visor and bellows, "BY THE BLESSINGS OF THE GODS, I NEVER EXPECTED TO SEE YOU AGAIN!" He removes his mask and heavy gloves and walks up to Frederick, shaking his hand vigorously. "YOU CHOSE A GOOD TIME TO COME BY - WE ARE ABOUT TO TAKE THE MID-MORNING BREAK. WHAT CAN I DO FOR MY OLD APPRENTICE?"

Manlin Osgood doesn't appear to realize he is basically yelling, his voice rough and deep. In spite of his protective gear he is drenched in sweat and his darkly tanned skin is flush from the heat. He speaks (yells) with an accent that might be influenced by the dwarven language, accenting the consonants percussively. Removing his heavy apron and helmet he walks over to the stream and takes long handled spoon to get himself a drink from the clear water to be found upstream of the smelting house and Diamond Lake as he listens to the party's introductions. Inside his shop the sound of bellows never ceases, though several men ranging from teenagers to adults step outside to get some fresh air, drink some water, and eat something on their break. Two light pipes, enjoying a fragrant pipeweed off to the side where the smoke blows away from the rest of their coworkers.

Farmerbink
2014-09-07, 10:55 AM
Frederick grins openly, clasping the big man's hand with both of his. Without realizing it, he raises his voice to match the man's speech. OH, IT IS GOOD TO SEE YOU, OSGOOD! Errr, yes, it is much louder inside the smithy than out. His grin only widens as he realizes what he's just said and done. I am here, sadly, for business reasons. I have returned to Diamond Lake to find out what really happened to Geoffrey and George that night, his grin fades into a bitter, ugly scowl, and have been... appropriated for a more pressing task. Allustan claims that the age of worms is upon us, and that this group gathered before you holds the fate of mankind in our grasp. Taking in the shock, confusion, and/or incredulity on Osgood's face, Frederick smirks and continues. I know, we are all likely as not doomed. BUT! Enough of these unpleasantries! I am here, at your shop, to offer you the first look at some of our discovered goods, and ask your aid on a personal task. He leads Osgood to the back of the cart, and shows him the banded mail, short sword, and other martial implements, while drawing his sword from its sheathe. What make you of these?

and I do not know the first thing about enchanting weaponry, but I have heard that you do! I will be much surprised if you do not recognize this blade. My uncle "made" it, but I am sure he had help from the master craftsman to make a blade this fine. I have done my best to maintain it, but would see it enchanted, if it can be done. Smiling broadly, he waits patiently on the man to inspect and appraise the goods, eager to hear his response.

Untarr
2014-09-07, 01:00 PM
Arkiana gathers the gold from both merchants and places it inside of Frederick's box in the wagon.

Once we are done selling for the day, we can divide this accordingly.

Holding out the wand, she gestures towards Lyr.

Here you go gambler. I certainly can't use it yet. Also, are you going to use that scroll from the Cairn? If not, I'm sure we could find someone who wanted it.

**************
Staying on the cart during the exchange at Osgood's, Arkiana stares at her accounting lists, making notes and mentally adding figures to check herself.


[roll0] for Craft Wonderous Item feat trainer.

Albinobrow
2014-09-07, 03:23 PM
Dr. Olofire graciously takes the googles Arkiana mentioned, Hopefully this will help me to bypass a trap, rather than find the need to dodge it. haha! He laughs recalling his botched attempt at opening the sarcophagus.

*****************

When hiring the laborers, Dr. Olofire makes sure to take the time to make sure that they all understand that his new lab (retrieved from Filge's observatory) is not to be tampered with any any way, shape, or form. We want to restore the house, not create a bigger mess. Or blow it to bits..

*****************

I too seem to find myself within arms reach of those that are less than friendly towards me. Do you have a set of armor for one of my short stature? Also, I wonder if you could craft me a set of scalpels better suited for defending myself. The pair that I have were not meant for this kind of abuse. Dr. Olofire lifts the scalpels up towards the big smithy so that he can examine them for himself.

JWallyR
2014-09-07, 05:12 PM
Jan sees Osgood's bushy beard and collapses to the ground in a fit of laughter! Springing back on her feet just as quickly, she rushes over and peers amusedly up at the crimson curls, giggling all the while, before skipping over to splash water from the stream onto her face and then ambling back to stand by Frederick's side.

MuffinMan
2014-09-07, 09:09 PM
Holding out the wand, she gestures towards Lyr.

Here you go gambler. I certainly can't use it yet. Also, are you going to use that scroll from the Cairn? If not, I'm sure we could find someone who wanted it.

Lyr sighs as he takes the wand and flexes it in his fingers. "I have a sinking feeling that we'll end up using this soon. The scroll? Not really - I'd trade it for a few silvers and a pint if I knew where to sell it."

**************

At the smithy, Lyr takes in the exchange between Osgood and Frederick and watches Jan's antics with amusement. "So you're the man who made the blade that Frederick won't shut up about? I don't know if I should thank you or curse you!" he laughs. "Although I would be interested to see if you're as good with steel as he says!"

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-08, 02:26 AM
Without realizing it, he raises his voice to match the man's speech...He leads Osgood to the back of the cart, and shows him the banded mail, short sword, and other martial implements, while drawing his sword from its sheathe. What make you of these?
"YOU ALL MUST LEARN TO SPEAK UP! YEARS IN THE SMITHY HAVE CAUSED ME TO LOSE MOST OF MY HEARING, THOUGH DURING MY TIME WITH THE DWARVES IN THE SOUTH I DISCOVERED THIS!" the big smith says, pulling out an ear-horn. Placing the small end in his left ear he listens to the party members' questions. "I don't know anything about most of what you speak, Frederick. The old priest died mysteriously several years back, and as far as I know took the story with him. As for your armor and weapon, we sell such items, but we don't buy them. The folks working at the garrison or serving the soldiers' needs might find interest in them, though."

Taking a moment to look at the greatsword Osgood scratches his head. "Your uncle did good work, though I can see some areas for improvement. I know only the most basic of theory on enchanting, but I can improve it for you if given the time and funds. Several years back I spent some time learning new techniques from the dwarven smiths south of the Mistmarsh, and their methods have made a big difference in my shop. While I personally claim nothing in the way of real magic, I have been told by those with talents in such arts that my later work has taken on something of magical qualities..."


[roll0] for Craft Wonderous Item feat trainer.
Arkiana does not know of anyone who would be an obvious choice of trainers. Perhaps talking to Allustan or another spellcaster would lead to a capable trainer...


When hiring the laborers, Dr. Olofire makes sure to take the time to make sure that they all understand that his new lab (retrieved from Filge's observatory) is not to be tampered with in any way...
Though several eyes get very wide, the men seem to understand the instructions and confirm they won't mess with the Doctor's lab.


...Do you have a set of armor for one of my short stature? Dr. Olofire lifts the scalpels up towards the big smithy so that he can examine them for himself.
"We can craft you some armor, sir. What sort would you like? My apprentices and I do not work with leather here, but any metal armor from a chain shirt to full plate can be commissioned at our smithy. Most of the time we only make human-sized armor to keep in stock, but it shouldn't take us more than a week to make you a set of masterwork armor. Spending the time and materials to improve the armor further could take up to another week..."


"Although I would be interested to see if you're as good with steel as he says!"
In response Manlin Osgood ushers the gathered company around to the side of the smithy where there are several items on display. Alongside several masterwork tool sets can be found some high quality swords, daggers, maces, shields, armors and even what appears to be some artwork. Displayed behind a locked mesh gate can be seen three items of obviously outstanding work - a set of full plate, heavy steel shield, and warhammer. Each is polished to a mirror-like sheen and etched with decorative filigree accentuating the ornate "O" displayed prominently on each. Looking closely at the other items, the characters find "O"s on each of them somewhere. "These are our display items - feel free to handle any of the equipment you like. Should you wish to purchase anything, you can commission it and we will craft it for you over the next week or so," he explains.

All metallic martial and simple weapons from the core rulebook can be found on display, each of masterwork quality. There are several sets of armor, including a chain shirt and several medium armor, also all of masterwork quality. If asked about the items found behind the mesh, Osgood says, "Ah! Those are my personal items. I spent several years as a member of the garrison before becoming a smith. I prefer the warhammer and learned to use the heaviest armor, as I was strong enough to handle it well. These pieces are the work of several years of loving care and effort, and are the finest pieces I have personally crafted." He smiles, a healthy degree of pride showing on his face.

All three of Osgood's personal items are clearly enhanced magically. The others are all of masterwork quality.

JWallyR
2014-09-08, 12:04 PM
Jan's eyes grow wide, and she reaches out to stroke the polished armor appreciatively. Turning to the warhammer, she pauses in thought.


I too seem to find myself within arms reach of those that are less than friendly towards me. Do you have a set of armor for one of my short stature? Also, I wonder if you could craft me a set of scalpels better suited for defending myself. The pair that I have were not meant for this kind of abuse. Dr. Olofire lifts the scalpels up towards the big smithy so that he can examine them for himself.

Jan hops up beside the doctor and says, I could also use something small for when the bad things get close! Something... pokey, or slicey maybe?

MuffinMan
2014-09-10, 08:03 AM
Lyr lets out a low whistle as he peruses the fine arms and armor on display. "This is fine work!" he admits, testing the heft of an ornate mace. "You have a gift, Master Osgood! One day I may commission something from you, myself! Although I doubt you've seen a design quite like this before..." Lyr withdraws his flying blade and offers it to the smith for his inspection. "A little more... elegant than a mace, perhaps, but I'm sure you'd be up to the task! You wield it like so..." he pantomimes twirling the blade over his head and continues explaining the unorthodox weapon.


Jan's eyes grow wide, and she reaches out to stroke the polished armor appreciatively. Turning to the warhammer, she pauses in thought.
Jan hops up beside the doctor and says, I could also use something small for when the bad things get close! Something... pokey, or slicey maybe?

Lyr laughs as he sees Jan eying the imposing items behind the mesh gate. "Perhaps a Jan-sized suit of plate and a warhammer to match? Then Frederick'd be out of a job! Hah!"

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-10, 09:08 AM
Looking around at the party Osgood says "My team can craft anything "pokey or slicey" you would like, as well as chain weapons like yours, sir. We only make masterwork or better arms and armor, and we only make such items on commission. We can also provide any household goods made of metal, and you will not find finer quality work outside of a dwarven smithy within a thousand miles. What can we make for you all?"

Osgood's prices follow the standard prices found for masterwork items. His team is capable of making any metallic weapon or armor in the core rulebook and with examples to look at can craft others. To craft any such item they will need one week for masterwork items and two weeks for +1 items. If he is upgrading an item, then you can decrease the cost of the final item by the cost of the provided starter-item.

Untarr
2014-09-12, 07:39 PM
While I admire your work Master Osgood, I will not be needing anything from you. Arkiana says as she pushes her way into the smithy. Though, as a craftsmen yourself, maybe you could point me to whom I am looking for. Do you know of anyone in town capable of making "Wonderous Items". Not magical arms and armor, but other things.

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-13, 05:33 AM
...Do you know of anyone in town capable of making "Wonderous Items". Not magical arms and armor, but other things.
Osgood scratches his head for a moment, a slightly confused look on his face. "Well, I know that there are only about a half-dozen people in town who can use magic, so I would start with them. Allustan, who folks claim is a wizard, and the various clerics in town seem likely to me. Father Valkus Dun is more the soldier type than most. Jierian Wierus, who leads the church of St. Cuthbert is an odd fellow, all serious and focused upon retribution and such. Perhaps Amariss? I am no expert on the gods, but I think Wee Jas claims some dominion over magic, right?" he says, looking around at the assembled party for confirmation.
---------------------

If the party has no more business for him, Osgood returns to his work, yelling good naturedly at his team and audible for several minutes as the PCs head back into Diamond Lake. From here you all can visit the vendors mentioned earlier (Tyrol Ebberly or Venelle). Of the two, Ebberly is known for being very friendly to adventuring types and claims to be retired from such work himself. Venelle's business caters to those who share her love of bows and ranged combat.

Otherwise, the company can check in with Allustan, explore interactions with other NPCs, or head back towards the Whispering Cairn. What would you all like to do now?

Untarr
2014-09-13, 10:42 AM
My business with Allustan will take some time, as well I think finding someone who can craft wonderous items. If we are done with our preperations, let us head back to the cairn and finish exploring its secrets.

Vote for Cairn. Can come back later with final cairn loot. All we really needed at this point was some sort of wand for band aiding.

After we do the cairn, and sell everything, I'm going to distribute funds based on a inverse proportion. Everyone will get some gold, but those characters that are the most behind wealth by level (WBL) will get more.

For instance, currently
Lyr - 33% of party wealth
Arkiana - 25% of party wealth
Olofire - 16% " "
Jan - 10% " "
Frederick - 10% " "

Which creates a ratio that we can use to say that for every set amount (in this case, 23) of gold, it will be divided as such:

Lyr 3g, Arkiana 4g, Olofire 6g, Jan 10g, Frederick 10g.

PS
Can you tell I'm teaching math now? :smallbiggrin:

Farmerbink
2014-09-13, 07:35 PM
Frederick grins soberly, and clasps hands with the smith once more. I AM glad to see you, Osgood. And I will be glad to spend more time catching up when we are both less busy. With an expression as eager as it is grim, he turns back to hear Arkiana's comment.

I agree. Let us see what was behind this mystic door. I am anxious to be done in with dwelling upon this upcoming trial.

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-14, 01:37 AM
If your PC isn't quite ready to re-enter the Cairn and you need to purchase something first, go ahead and do so without worrying about the interaction with NPCs that would likely be involved. We will handle that as needed later.
The company returns to the entrance of the Whispering Cairn, entering cautiously but finding nothing amiss and everything as they remember leaving it. After re-lighting the lanterns that have gone out they climb up the blue lantern's chain cautiously and safely. The hallway with the face is open at the end, and Alastor Land's ghost is no where to be found.

At the end of the ghost's haunt, across the plank above the collection of metallic spheres, a simple doorway has been opened. Passing through this doorway the party finds a cavernous chamber consisting of a large stone walkway around a deep chasm that descends some 60 feet down. Four platforms lead from the walkway to a central ring, though two of these platforms have broken, leaving gaps over the pit. Bright light reminiscent of a summer's day filters down from the ceiling about forty feet above. Four wide galleries extend from the outer walkway, their far walls covered with enormous bas-relief vistas. A sighing wind emits from a huge pillar of rushing air at the center of the chamber. The column extends from the pit to the ceiling, where a 10-ft hole can be seen, cutting through the room's central ring.

From the entrance, the galleries found along the walkways on the southeast, southwest, northeast, and northwest sections of the chamber appear rather blurry and distorted, making it impossible to determine what they are meant to represent. As the adventurers walk to within ten feet of each gallery, however, hidden valves breath forth a thick sheet of steam that covers the entire wall. As the steam eddies and plays about the rough carvings, impressionistic images become apparent. These displays shift and move, presenting a distinct scene that comes alive with action as the party watches.

This gallery depicts a peaceful scene featuring several humanoids (similar to that found on the sarcophagus in the entrance to the Cairn) relaxing in an idyllic country scene. Dozens of perfect circles fill the sky above the frolicking figures. As the steam runs over the image dark, twisted shapes emerge from the sculpture's edges. The shapes coalesce to form monstrous creatures that look like a cross between spiders and wolves. As the creatures approach the circles in the sky begin to burst one by one.

This event represents the empire of Aaqa, a lawful empire of primordial air elementals led by the legendary Wind Dukes, prior to the great war against the armies of Chaos. The circles in the sky represent worlds claimed by the ancient Wind Dukes, and their destruction symbolizes the magnitude of the chaotic threat.
A towering humanoid figure, wearing the same glyph as found on the ruined arcane apparatus found near the entrance to the dungeon, stands over a legion of lesser warriors. The central warrior within this legion wears a different glyph, that found on the sarcophagus in the lantern chamber, but each of the other warriors also bears different glyphs, though none so prominently. As the steam plays about the carvings the legion of warriors raises their longswords in salute to the towering figure.

The various warriors are all distinct Wind Dukes, their glyphs documented in the Chronicles of Chan, which depicts the events of the primordial war between elemental Law and Chaos of old. The lead Wind Duke is known as Icosiol, a great general of their race. The most prominent of the legion beneath is Zosiel, a minor warrior who served under Icosiol's leadership.
A group of seven proud, noble warriors present a staff-like rod to a council of their superiors in this gallery image. As the steam fills the bas-relief's contours the central figure raises the staff above his head, where it splits into seven parts of various lengths.

Each of the seven Wind Dukes presented bear a carven glyph identifying them as members of the "Wandering Dukes" who abandoned the war against Chaos to discover the secrets of the Rod of Law. The Chronicles of Chan identify these beings as Amophar, Darbos, Emoniel, Penader, Qadeej, Uriel, and Icosiol. Of these, the glyph of Icosiol has been seen prominently elsewhere in this tomb.
The splitting of this rod is reminiscent of legends describing the breaking of the Rod of Law into the multi-piece artifact known today as the Rod of Seven Parts.
The bas-relief in this gallery depicts the final battle between Law and Chaos. As the steam moves about the image the warriors are depicted battling various creatures. One warrior impales a demonic wolf-spider, an entity that looks like a spider with four human arms, a human head, and two wolf heads flanking the human head on either side. As this warrior, the foul creature, and the impaling rod vanish into a rift, another warrior is struck by a stray beam projected from the creature's eyes and slumps to the ground, dead.

The monstrous creature depicted can only be the legendary Miska, the Wolf-Spider. Miska was the consort to the Queen of Chaos and was slain by the mighty Wind Duke Qadeej during the Battle of Pesh many thousands of years ago. Miska, Qadeej, and the sundered Rod of Law all disappeared into a planar rift, while the Wind Duke Icosiol was slain in the last moments before they disappeared.
As long as the adventurers observe the galleries and avoid the walkways to the central ring they are undisturbed in their revelry. Upon stepping off the outer walkway and moving towards the central column of air, however, a player needs to copy and paste the following Spoiler into their post. There is no apparent warning to the beginning of combat, so handle pre-combat actions as your PCs would, please.

As [insert your character name here] moves towards the central platform three figures matching the appearance of those found in the various galleries appear to step out of thin air from the central column. They wield twin swords and wear ancient ceremonial armor festooned with red pennons that twist and bob as if always blown by a fierce wind. They float silently towards the party, their hostile intent plain.

Roll initiative and describe your first round actions! These wind warriors are clearly flying, though they look to moving to engage the party in melee combat. The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=8) is updated with the PCs' starting positions as they enter the room, but has not been updated to include your locations directly before combat. Please update your positions there as well.

http://cdn.obsidianportal.com/assets/60493/Wind_Warrior.jpg

MuffinMan
2014-09-14, 03:32 PM
Lyr makes his way across the room filled with metallic spheres, grimacing down at the corpse of the Grick as they pass it. As they draw near the opposite side, Lyr rushes ahead to the open door where the face used to be. "Well, look at that! I guess ghost-boy kept up his end of the bargain. Why can't all undead be so reasonable?"


At the end of the ghost's haunt, across the plank above the collection of metallic spheres, a simple doorway has been opened. Passing through this doorway the party finds a cavernous chamber consisting of a large stone walkway around a deep chasm that descends some 60 feet down. Four platforms lead from the walkway to a central ring, though two of these platforms have broken, leaving gaps over the pit. Bright light reminiscent of a summer's day filters down from the ceiling about forty feet above. Four wide galleries extend from the outer walkway, their far walls covered with enormous bas-relief vistas. A sighing wind emits from a huge pillar of rushing air at the center of the chamber. The column extends from the pit to the ceiling, where a 10-ft hole can be seen, cutting through the room's central ring.

Lyr lets out a low whistle that echoes around the enormous room and squints up at the shaft of light penetrating from the ceiling far above as the group enters the next chamber. "More surprises... c'mon, where's the treasure already?" He takes a few steps forward to the edge of the 60-foot chasm and looks down before quickly backing away and adjusting the Ring of Feather Fall around his finger. "Um, not that way." He starts making his way counterclockwise around the room, stopping at the southeast gallery.


From the entrance, the galleries found along the walkways on the southeast, southwest, northeast, and northwest sections of the chamber appear rather blurry and distorted, making it impossible to determine what they are meant to represent. As the adventurers walk to within ten feet of each gallery, however, hidden valves breath forth a thick sheet of steam that covers the entire wall. As the steam eddies and plays about the rough carvings, impressionistic images become apparent. These displays shift and move, presenting a distinct scene that comes alive with action as the party watches.

"Whoah!" Lyr cries out and jumps backwards as the steam rushes out of the ground and spreads over the southeast wall, then leans forward to peer at the twisting figures in the mist. "More of these guys - hey, that glyph looks familiar! It's the guy downstairs, right? What did you say his name was, again?"

Farmerbink
2014-09-14, 07:28 PM
Frederick looks about the circular room grimly, shifting his grip on the greatsword in his hands. Ugh. This is the strangest place I have ever seen, and that is a certainty.

He follows closely behind Lyr, not letting his eyes linger on any spot or in any one direction for long. Arkiana, what do you make of this scene? As the scene plays, Frederick carefully steps past Lyr, putting himself between the elf and the unexplored area. Carefully scanning each nook, he slowly proceeds to the Northern walkway.

And what in the hell is that? he asks, gesturing towards the pillar of air.

Untarr
2014-09-16, 08:49 AM
[roll0] vs DC 20 Planes

Based on what we saw earlier, this scene depicts several Wind Dukes or their people. I can only guess that this is the tomb of the central figure, and those around him are honoring him in some way. Our resident tomb occupant was a figure of some prominence. Beyond that, I do not know who the other figures are or what they represent.

JWallyR
2014-09-16, 11:28 AM
Jan gawks at the scenes portrayed on the walls. Lost in reverie for several seconds, she looks up to see that Frederick and Lyr have moved, and she darts to stand between the two.

MuffinMan
2014-09-16, 05:53 PM
And what in the hell is that? he asks, gesturing towards the pillar of air.

Lyr walks up to stand beside Frederick at the edge of the northern walkway, the steam-carvings momentarily forgotten.
Directed at the air column and the shaft of light. Anything?
"Well," he says, gazing up at the light pouring from the ceiling, "it's the only thing in here that's not a carving or a giant pit, so I'd say it's a likely candidate for where we'll find our treasure. One way to be sure, though..."

Beckoning the others closer, he signals them to halt just beyond the walkway to the central platform. "Call me crazy, but I've had bad experiences walking over random pits in this place, and this one's a lot... deeper." He casts a distrusting glance at the ledge and fingers the ring on his finger. "Doc, Arkiana? What do you think? That treasure isn't coming to us... I guess Frederick and I will go ahead?" Squaring his shoulders, he takes a deep breath and prepares to approach the center.

Albinobrow
2014-09-16, 09:59 PM
Perception to carefully study around the pit looking for traps [roll0]
OoC: I'm not sure if this is the day after we fought Filge or the 2nd day after.. If it is the 2nd day then [roll1] fortitude save VS DC 15 against red ache. And should that fail [roll2]. If this is just the day after. Then we can ignore all that for now.

Dr. Olofire silently follows the party and smiles a bit once he sees the doors is opened and waiting for their return. He watched the scenes of steam play out enjoying the curiosity of it all. When he hears Lyr talk about exploring the pit, Dr. Olofire immediately goes to examine it for traps, after their last experience with pits. As he is searching he says back to Lyr, If you would like Lyr, I could go first this time. Though I will also be fine not going first. It's a decent drop from here.. Maybe we could tie a safety rope to whoever crosses? Just in cases?

Farmerbink
2014-09-17, 07:56 AM
Frederick grins grimly at Olofire's suggestion. Aye, our scout should inspect the area before we get too ahead of ourselves. I will stay just behind him. He looks to Olofire, an eager gleam in his eyes, and gestures to the path in front of him. Shall we, good doctor?

Untarr
2014-09-17, 08:56 AM
Arkiana continues to walk around the small chamber, examining each scene in turn.



Southwest Knowledge
[roll0] vs DC 20 Planes

Northwest Knowledge
[roll1] vs DC 20 Planes
[roll2] vs DC 20 History

Northeast Knowledge
[roll3] vs DC 20 History

Each of the seven Wind Dukes presented bear a carven glyph identifying them as members of the "Wandering Dukes" who abandoned the war against Chaos to discover the secrets of the Rod of Law. The Chronicles of Chan identify these beings as Amophar, Darbos, Emoniel, Penader, Qadeej, Uriel, and Icosiol. Of these, the glyph of Icosiol has been seen prominently elsewhere in this tomb.

This event represents the empire of Aaqa, a lawful empire of primordial air elementals led by the legendary Wind Dukes, prior to the great war against the armies of Chaos. The circles in the sky represent worlds claimed by the ancient Wind Dukes, and their destruction symbolizes the magnitude of the chaotic threat.


AH HA! she says exiting the northwest gallery.

This is not just any cairn, it is a cairn dedicated to the Wind Duke Icosiol. He was one of seven dukes who abandoned the war of the empire Aaqa against the armies of chaos, depicted there she says pointing to the southwest gallery. in order to discover the secrets of the Rod of Law. Based on his prominence in the gallery depicting the Wind Dukes, I can only figure that he was their leader. I wonder if that quarterstaff we found was a clue to the Rod of Law. I will have to examine it further when we get out of here.

Joining the rest of the party, Arkiana stays towards the edge of the wall while the others begin to discuss crossing the chasm.

Untarr
2014-09-17, 09:12 AM
Additional knowledge Rolls to discern a connection between the Wind Dukes, The Rod of Law, and/or the armies of chaos to the Age of Worms or Ebon Triad.

[roll0] Planes
[roll1] History
[roll2] Religion

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-17, 12:37 PM
This is not Icosiol's tomb, though that is an understandable mistake. It is Zosiel, one of his lieutenants. The name-rune on the false-sarcophagus does not match that of Icosiol, and this area is part of the true tomb of Zosiel.

There is no clear connection between the history of the Wind Dukes, their primordial war against Chaos, or the Rod of Seven Parts and the Age of Worms or Kyuss. Whatever connected there is remains yet undiscovered.
As Olofire and Frederick move towards the central platform three figures matching the appearance of those found in the various galleries appear to step out of thin air from the central column. They wield twin swords and wear ancient ceremonial armor festooned with red pennons that twist and bob as if always blown by a fierce wind. They float silently towards the party, their hostile intent plain.

Roll initiative and describe your first round actions! These wind warriors are clearly flying, though they look to moving to engage the party in melee combat. The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=8) is updated with the PCs' starting positions as they enter the room, but has not been updated to include your locations directly before combat. Please update your positions there as well.

MuffinMan
2014-09-17, 12:53 PM
Round 1

[roll0]
"What the-?! Look out!" Lyr cries as the armored figures materialize, brandishing twin swords. Casting a spell on himself, he moves up to meet their approach, flying blade at the ready.


Starting map position updated to K3. Cast Bull's Strength (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/bullSStrength.html#bull-s-strength) on self and move to 15 ft away from the closest Wind Warrior (so that any forward movement will provoke an AoO, you see).

If an AoO or two should occur: (not including Bull's Strength, which would be +2 Atk and +3 Dmg)
Attack: [roll1]
CC: [roll2] (threat 20/x3)
Damage: [roll3]

Attack: [roll4]
CC: [roll5] (threat 20/x3)
Damage: [roll6]

Lyrindethos Al'thallenon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=810776)
M CN Half-Elf Cleric, Level 3, Init +8, HP 24/24, Speed 30 (40 base)
AC 19, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, CMD 17, Fort +4, Ref +3, Will +5, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 2, Action Points -
Flying Blade +3 (+7 AoO) (1d12 + 4, x3)
Masterwork Club +6 (1d6 + 3, x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8 + 4, x3)
+1 Chainmail, Tortoise Shell Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Dex)
Abilities Str 16, Dex 14, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition None
Daily Use Abilities
Channel Positive Energy 0 / 3
Bit of Luck 0 / 5
Agile Feet 0 / 5

JWallyR
2014-09-17, 03:20 PM
Round 1

Jan blinks as the figures suddenly appear, almost subconsciously reaching out to Lyr and Frederick. She eyes the foremost warrior, her eyes reduced to slits by the effort of concentration...

Initiative: [roll0]

Enlarge Person (preferring Frederick over Lyr, depending on initiative order). If possible, can I 5 foot step to be within range of one of them and then take a move action away? Or is the 5-foot-step a move action? I forget.

If both move out of range, Grease on the right-hand weapon of the foremost enemy.

Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 23/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
Dagger +0 (1d3, x2, 19-20)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

Farmerbink
2014-09-18, 07:32 PM
Round 1

[roll0]

Frederick Strongarm (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=752782)
M LG Half-Orc Paladin, Level 3, Init +0, HP 27/27, Speed 30 20
AC 17, Touch 12, Flat-footed 17, CMD 19, Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB +7, Base Attack Bonus 3
Greatsword +8 (2d6+6, 19-20/x2)
Shortsword +1 +8 (1d6+5, 19-20/x2)
Spiked Banded Mail, Heavy Steel Shield (+7 Armor, +2 Shield)
Abilities Str 18, Dex 10, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 16
Lay on Hands uses remaining: 4 (of 4)

Frederick looks up from where his eyes had been searching the ground. Seeing the flying warriors, he lets out a warning growl, while stepping forward. Be careful, friends. We know not what devilry these warriors are capable of. He grins broadly. Have at ye, then! He roars viciously as he enters the fray!

Oooooh, the options!
1: if Jan is close enough, and can cast enlarge on me before I lead in - I wait for it, and act at James' initiative.
2: attempt to charge homeboy in K/10. Add +2 to attacks and -2 to AC, if applicable.
3: if attacking isn't immediately likely, intimidate the nearest warrior.

[roll1] GS. attack
[roll2] GS. CC
[roll3] GS Dam (if I'm larger, add +1 more to damage, subtract AC by two, and leave me 10 feet away)



[roll4] intimidate to make shaken vs DC 10+HD+wis mod. (if I'm larger by now, add +4 more :-p)

Untarr
2014-09-19, 05:44 AM
Round 1

Arkiana reaches out and touches Lyr exclaiming, "CRESCERE!". The cleric begins to grow.



[roll0] Initiative

Cast Enlarge Person (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/spells/enlargePerson.html#enlarge-person) on Lyr.

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-21, 02:07 AM
Round 1

Though the wind warriors move with speed and grace, Arkiana moves faster, casting a spell to enlarge Lyr. The nearest enemy moves slightly closer to the party before violently clanging both swords together. The resulting sound is supernaturally loud, with a shockwave the rushes into and through Olofire, Jan, and Arkiana. Olofire dodges it slightly (4 damage), but the two women are hit directly for full effect (8 damage each). Another wind warrior flies to attack the halfling, missing. Olofire steps back out of melee and drinks an extract (Shield) while he draws his daggers. Lyr casts a spell of his own, gaining even more strength and sets himself to intercept the last figure, which flies with incredible speed at the party! Lyr connect with it as it gets to melee range with his second attack The armored flyer fails to return the blow, narrowly missing the half-elf. After waiting a brief moment for Jan to give him greater size and strength, Frederick charges the wind warrior who caused the shockwave, barely connecting but hitting hard!

Arkiana casts Enlarge Person on Lyr
WW1 takes a 5-ft. step to J8 and uses Sonic Blast, dealing [roll0] to Olofire, Jan, and Arkiana
Arkiana Saves [roll1] Reflex vs. DC 15 for 1/2 damage (Fail)
Olofire Saves [roll2] Reflex vs. DC 15 for 1/2 damage (Pass)
Jan Saves [roll3] Reflex vs. DC 15 for 1/2 damage (Fail)
WW2 moves to I5, attacks and misses Olofire
Longsword [roll4] attack, [roll5] (Natural 19-20/x2), [roll6] damage (Miss)
Longsword [roll7] attack, [roll8] (Natural 19-20/x2), [roll9] damage
Olofire drinks a Shield extract and draws his daggers/scalpels
Lyr casts Bull's Strength
WW3 flies to I6 and attacks Lyr, incurring two attacks of opportunity
Longsword [roll10] attack, [roll11] (Natural 19-20/x2), [roll12] damage (Miss)
Lyr misses with the first AoO and hits WW3 for 16 damage with the second AoO
Frederick delays action
Jan takes a 5-ft. step to K4 and casts Enlarge Person on Frederick
Frederick charges WW1, hitting for 14 damage
The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=8) is updated. Just a reminder - small PCs can fight from within the space of large PCs (so Jan or Olofire can get inside Frederick's space and fight from there, should they choose).

Untarr
2014-09-21, 09:22 AM
[roll0] Knowledge Planes

MuffinMan
2014-09-21, 11:02 AM
Round 2

"Watch those shockwaves!" Lyr cries as he dodges a blow from the wind warrior attacking him. "Yaaaaa!!!!" he lets out a battle cry as he swings the chain of his enlarged flying blade in a vicious arc at the enemy who just unleashed the shockwave.

Attack a WW, preferentially the one that's wounded most.
Attack [roll0]
CC [roll1] (threat 20/x3)
Damage [roll2] (1d12 enlarged to 3d6 (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/equipment.html#table-6-5-tiny-and-large-weapon-damage))

If 5 ft step wasn't needed to get in range for the attack, use it to try and set up a flank or cover a squishy party member.

AoOs, if applicable:
Attack [roll3]
CC [roll4] (threat 20/x3)
Damage [roll5] (1d12 enlarged to 3d6)

Attack [roll6]
CC [roll7] (threat 20/x3)
Damage [roll8] (1d12 enlarged to 3d6)

Lyrindethos Al'thallenon (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=810776)
M CN Half-Elf Cleric, Level 3, Init +7, HP 24/24, Speed 30 (40 base)
AC 17, Touch 10, Flat-footed 16, CMD 19, Fort +4, Ref +2, Will +5, CMB +8, Base Attack Bonus 2, Action Points -
Flying Blade +3 (+7 AoO) (1d12 + 4, x3)
Masterwork Club +6 (1d6 + 3, x2)
Longspear +5 (1d8 + 4, x3)
+1 Chainmail, Tortoise Shell Shield (+7 Armor, +1 Dex, -1 Size)
Abilities Str 22, Dex 12, Con 13, Int 10, Wis 15, Cha 10
Condition None
Daily Use Abilities
Channel Positive Energy 0 / 3
Bit of Luck 0 / 5
Agile Feet 0 / 5

Farmerbink
2014-09-21, 11:29 AM
Round 2

Frederick bellows, lashing out at the warrior in front of him.



[roll0] power attack
[roll1] CC (19-20/x2)
[roll2] damage

Farmerbink
2014-09-21, 11:30 AM
if you care to add it, there would have been [roll0] more damage on that charge.

Untarr
2014-09-22, 05:38 AM
Round 2

Arkiana VanDuren (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=751636)
Female Lawful Neutral Elf Wizard, Level 3, Init +9, HP 8/16, DR 0, Speed 30
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 10, CMD 12, Fort +2, Ref +4, Will +5, CMB -1, Base Attack Bonus 1, Action Points N/A
- Ray of Frost (-) +5 (1d3+1, 2x)
(+3 Dex, +2 Natural, -2 Misc)
Abilities Str 7, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 19, Wis 14, Cha 7
Condition

"Coniuro equi!" exclaims Arkiana as she backs up behind Lyr. A horse materializes in the middle platform and attacks the Wind Warrior.

5-ft Step to (K,1)

Summon Mount into (J,9)
Horse Attacks (Full attack)
[roll0] (Includes Flanking)
[roll1] (Includes Flanking)
[roll2]

[roll3] (Includes Flanking)
[roll4] (Includes Flanking)
[roll5]

Be sure to include flanking bonus on Frederick's attacks this round.

DEFENSE

AC 11, touch 11, flat-footed 9 (+2 Dex, –1 size)
hp 15 (2d8+6)
Fort +6, Ref +5, Will +1
OFFENSE

Speed 50 ft.
Melee 2 hooves –2 (1d4+1)
Space 10 ft.; Reach 5 ft.
STATISTICS

Str 16, Dex 14, Con 17, Int 2, Wis 13, Cha 7
Base Atk +1; CMB +5; CMD 17 (21 vs. trip)

Albinobrow
2014-09-23, 09:37 AM
Dr. Olofire steps up to meet the closest elemental and strikes with his new and improved scalpels!


Move to the closest WW assuming it is still within reach and attack!
Attack [roll0] CC (19-20/x2) [roll1] SA (if applicable) [roll2]

Dr. Olofire Lightouch (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=848022)
Male N. Good Halfling Alchemist (Vivis/Chirurgeon), Level 3, Init +4, HP 20/23, Speed 30 ft
AC 21, Touch 15, Flat-footed 17, CMD 15, Fort +5, Ref +8, Will +2, CMB +1, Base Attack Bonus 02
Masterwork Scalpel (dagger) +8 (1d3, 19-20/x2)
Sling (Bullets) +7 (1d3, x2)
only while mutated Claw +9 (1d4, x2)
Leather Armor (+2 Armor, +4 Shield, +4 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 10, Dex 18, Con 12, Int 16, Wis 10, Cha 9
Condition Infected with Red Ache.. Blech.. Made 1st save!
Mutagen Prepared: Dex +4, Wis -2, +2 Nat Armor
Extracts prepared: Cure Light wounds x1, Shield x1
# of unprepared extracts: 1

JWallyR
2014-09-23, 11:58 AM
Round 2

Wincing in pain from the sharp sound, Jan grits her teeth and glares at the flying warrior, before allowing her eyes to flit between opponents and allies in fierce concentration.


Actions, in descending order of preference:
1) Color Spray a nearby enemy, IF AND ONLY IF it can be done without catching a friendly.Relevant rolls:
1-2HD: Unconscious for [roll0] rounds plus following
3-4HD: Blinded for [roll1] rounds plus following:
5HD or more: Stunned for 1 Round
2) If a Wind Warrior has moved to try and circle the party, Silent Image of a reinforced steel wall attached to the outer wall of the chamber that extends as high and as low as possible (intent being for the warrior on that side to feel that it is too high and too low to be worth going above or below the wall, but rather coming back around to where Frederick or Lyr are ready to defend).
DC is 17, Will
3) Grease on one of the two weapons being held by whichever warrior appears to have taken the least damage. DC is (I believe) 16 Reflex to avoid the effect (if the throw is made, my reading of the spell means that the wielder of the object avoided the spell "hitting" their weapon, and no further checks are necessary?)

If actions permit, after one of the above actions, take a 5 foot step away from whatever's going on, such that to close to melee an opponent would incur attacks of opportunity by Lyr, Frederick, or Olofire.


Janstina Silentall (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=764533)
F Chaotic Good Gnome Sorcerer, Level 3, Init +4, HP 15/23, Speed 20
AC 13, Touch 13, Flat-footed 11, CMD 10, Fort +3, Ref +3, Will +2, CMB -2, Base Attack Bonus 1
Acidic Ray (uses Ranged) (1d6+1/2lvl, x2)
Dagger +0 (1d3, x2, 19-20)
(+2 Dex, +1 Size)
Abilities Str 6, Dex 14, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 8, Cha 20
Condition None

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-24, 09:01 AM
Round 2

Arkiana moves slightly and summons a horse, which rears back and attacks a wind warrior, hitting it with one hoof. Two of the elementals turn on Frederick, hitting him three times (total of 25 damage). Dr. Olofire steps up and jabs his scalpel at the nearest enemy, doing minor damage. Lyr viciously swings his flying blade around, its enlarged weight aiding him as he attacks. The wind warrior he hits appears to shatter, disintegrating into a spray of dust and smoke, leaving nothing behind. He then steps carefully onto the platform, providing Olofire with cover from his now enormous boots. Jan darts into position near a wind warrior and aims her kaleidoscope of colored light to hit the two remaining enemies, striking both. They stagger, dropping their weapons as they stunning light hits them. All four longswords fall to dust as they leave the elementals' hands, drifting away in the ever-present wind. Seeing the wind warriors' weakness, Frederick turns and lands a colossal slash with his enormous blade, destroying this wind warrior also and watching the spray of its remains disappear into the cavern.

The remaining wind warrior begins to sink downwards, falling about ten feet as it shakes its head in apparent distress.

Arkiana takes a 5-ft. step to K1, summons a horse, and the horse attacks WW1 twice, hitting once for 3 damage
WW1 takes a 5-ft. step to I7 and makes a full attack against Frederick (AC 15)
Longsword [roll0] attack, [roll1] (Critical Threat 19-20/x2), [roll2] damage (hit)
Longsword [roll3] attack, [roll4] (Critical Threat 19-20/x2), [roll5] damage (hit)
WW2 makes a full attack against Frederick (AC 15)
Longsword [roll6] attack, [roll7] (Critical Threat 19-20/x2), [roll8] damage (hit)
Longsword [roll9] attack, [roll10] (Critical Threat 19-20/x2), [roll11] damage (miss)
Olofire takes a 5-ft. step to J4 and hits WW2 for 3 damage (no sneak attack)
Lyr hits WW3 for 25 damage, destroying it, followed by a 5-ft. step to J3-K4
Jan takes a 5-ft. step to J5 and casts Color Spray (DC 17), hitting WW1 and WW2
WW1 Saves [roll12] Will or stunned for 1 round (fail)
WW2 Saves [roll13] Will or stunned for 1 round (fail)
Frederick hits WW1 for 23 damage
Two of the wind warriors are destroyed, the remaining one is stunned and falling towards the pit. Frederick is at 2 HPs. The map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlQGw8atRk3_dFpYaXg1OUFNZVhZbDltMmIxSmpqe Gc&usp=drive_web#gid=8) is updated.

MuffinMan
2014-09-24, 03:22 PM
Round 3

"Hah! We got 'em now!" Lyr cries triumphantly as he aims another blow at the remaining warrior.

If it's possible to move within range (15ft reach) and attack the second warrior without jumping off the platform, do so:
Attack [roll0]
CC [roll1] (threat 20/x3)
Damage [roll2]

Else, convert Bless into CLW and heal Frederick for [roll3]

Farmerbink
2014-09-25, 09:53 AM
Frederick lets out a horrific bellow as he attacks the final warrior!



[roll0] greatsword power attack
[roll1] CC (19-20/x2)
[roll2] damage

Farmerbink
2014-09-25, 09:58 AM
also, 1/4 LoH for the day.

[roll0] hps

Albinobrow
2014-09-26, 05:58 PM
Dr. Olofire watched the warrior slowly sink into the pit, watching to see if it is just a ruse to catch them off guard.

Ready action to attack should it return within reach
Attack [roll0] CC [roll1] Damage [roll2] + SA (if applicable) [roll3]

Untarr
2014-09-26, 06:37 PM
[roll0] vs Touch
[roll1]
[roll2] Frost DMG

Arkiana winds back her hand and shouts

radius glacies! while a beam of frigid cold lashes out at the remaining warrior.

DarkOne7141981
2014-09-27, 11:45 AM
Round 3

The party does everything they can to attack the wind warrior as it slowly drifts downwards. Lyr misses, but everyone else hits with their attacks (including Jan's acid bolt). For their efforts the elemental seems to disintegrate in the billowing wind at the final blow.

Combat is over.
------------

The earlier description of the room covers everything to find on the outer ring. When a character approaches the central column finds the gushing wind rushing upward to have enough force to likely carry them upwards. Upon stepping into the column the wind lifts a character comfortably and smoothly up and through the opening in the ceiling.

The rectangular room at the top of the pillar is much smaller than the chamber bellow and dominated by the whooshing pillar of air in its northeast half. Opposite the pillar up a set of three short stairs rests a white marble sarcophagus identical to the one in the room with the colored lanterns far below, complete with a sculpted humanoid figure carved into the lid.

Similar to the chamber below, a beautiful carved bas-relief on the wall near the sarcophagus animates with mist and depicts this figure as a bald, androgynous warrior wearing a simple ancient garment and wielding a mighty longsword. To the warrior's left stands a cloaked demonic figure with two long curved horns tipped in darkest red. The horned figure holds a device composed of a handle and small loop, seemingly using it to control a globe of absolute blackness about two feet in diameter. This globe touches the bald warrior, who raises his arms in surprise. The warrior is depicted as if fading from sight. A slim diadem upon his brow bears an elaborate ovular glyph identical to one carved upon the amulet worn by the figure on the sarcophagus lid.

The sphere depicted in the fresco is most likely a Sphere of Annihilation (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/magicItems/artifacts.html#sphere-of-annihilation) controlled by the Talisman of the Sphere (http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/magicItems/artifacts.html#talisman-of-the-sphere) wielded by the horned figure. Many legends suggest that the deadly spheres were created during the great war between Law and Chaos.
The sarcophagus is completely sealed, exhibiting not even a seam under the lid. For all appearances it is a solid block of marble.

Upon a character stepping up to the top stair of the dais, the bas-relief sculpture appears to animate and looks directly into the eyes of the creature. It then says, "Speak my name," in the PC's native language. This repeats only once per character, after which it does not animate further.

MuffinMan
2014-09-27, 06:13 PM
As the last wind warrior fades to dust and Lyr begins shrinking to his normal size, he walks over to Frederick to inspect his wounds. "Wow, they did a number on you! At least they weren't owl bears!" He winks as a healing glow springs up around his hand and applies it to Frederick's wounds.
Convert Bless and Comprehend Languages into CLW to heal Frederick twice:
[roll0]
[roll1]
If the sum of those was <= 14, also convert Liberating Command and heal again:
[roll2]

After, he walks over to the central column of air and eyes it warily, holding his hand out to feel the force of the wind. His eye follows the gusts up towards the opening in the ceiling. "I don't know about this, there might be more of those things." He adjusts the Ring of Feather Fall on his finger. "I've still got this thing, so I guess I'll check it out. Stay sharp!"

Taking a deep breath, he steps out into the column and gasps in astonishment as it starts carrying him upwards. "Whoah, this is incredible! I think it could even lift you, Frederick!"

When he reaches the upper room, he tumbles out of the air column and springs up quickly, blade at the ready. Seeing no immediate threats, he relaxes a bit and calls down to the others. "Hey, it's alright! There's nothing here except another of those marble caskets - come up and see!"

JWallyR
2014-09-27, 06:58 PM
As the foe crumbles into dust, Jan sighs in relief, turning to look at Frederick. Are you ok?

Watching Lyr walk into the pillar of air, Jan backs up to take a flying leap, letting it carry her up to the second level. Giggling maniacally, she turns to say something to Lyr and notices the bas-relief. Watching the action, her eyes widen as the warrior fades from existence. She turns to study the room, eyes slipping into a silver sheen...

Detect Magic
Perception, taking 20: 21

Farmerbink
2014-09-28, 09:40 AM
Frederick graciously thanks Lyr, and nods the affirmative to Jan, before following them up into the room above. After a quick glance around the room, Frederick turns to his companions.

I realize I may be slightly over-eager to be done in this place, but... how do we get out of here?