PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 gestalt help plz

Noobborn
2013-12-30, 08:43 PM
Alright so our game has ended and the new dm wants to try a gestalt game at level 10
So i want to be an artificer and a stp erudite. I played one last game and enjoyed it greatly and would like to play one again.

I dont know what race to play as other then human and that is getting boring.
Two flaws available
I want to be that guy who looks like he is useless but can make the party awesome and also handle himself via cool mysterious powers.

Any suggestions?

LadyLexi
2013-12-30, 08:44 PM
You should be a halfling.

Noobborn
2013-12-30, 08:52 PM
Any reason as to why?

Runeclaw
2013-12-30, 10:13 PM
Presumably because they look useless.

But looking useless might not be the best basis for choosing a race.

Grod_The_Giant
2013-12-30, 10:17 PM
Halflings are a generally solid caster race-- Small size is nice defensively, as is the +2 dex, and the strength penalty comes to a dump stat. If you can swing Strongheart Halflings (from one of the Faerun books, I think), you also get a bonus feat.

Artificers are good for supporting the party. Spell-to-power Erudite likewise, although I'd focus on spells rather than powers, of which I can't think of many good non-personal buffs at the moment. You shouldn't have too much trouble with unique powers/day, since you'll be re-using buffs over the course of the day.

BornValyrian
2013-12-30, 10:22 PM
You have some nice INT-synergy, so perhaps a grey elf? Throw in dragonborn so it's just -2 str +2 dex?

Kennisiou
2013-12-30, 10:37 PM
Strongheart halfling for small size, +dex/-str, and a bonus feat is really good. Whisper Gnome for +dex, +con/-cha, -str and small size as well as some really good racial traits is also a good choice. In general, casters love small size since it's a bunch of bonuses they care about.

Gray elf and fire elf are also good choices if you can do something to negate the con penalty. Necropolitan is a good choice there.

If you're just looking to play an interesting race but aren't looking to powergame too much, tibbalt (dragon compendium), Hengenyoki (Oriental Adventures with errata that removes their LA), Nezumi (OA again), and Vanara (OA with errata that removes all their stat adjustments because they were a little too strong with -2 str +2 wis +2 int) are all actually really solid races that don't get played a lot. Each one brings some interesting things to the table for you.

Noobborn
2013-12-30, 11:10 PM
Thanks for the input on races. Any suggestikns for good flaws (oximoron?) To go with it?
What about feats? Should i get a psicrystal?

If my dm allows me to start with one or two made items what should they be?
Should i play myself as a artificer with hidden psionics or a psionic who is secretly an artificer or just some tag along appearing as hirling or something?