PDA

View Full Version : Battle Jump Flyer Pouncer

GhengisConrad
2013-12-30, 11:29 PM
So, I have flight. I have Pounce. I have Battle Jump.

Battle Jump: You can execute a charge by simply dropping from a height of at least 5 feet above your opponent. For example, a ledge 10 feet above the floor of a cavern would suffice for jumping on a Medium-sized creature, while a ledge 15 feet high is required for a jumping on a Large creature. You can't jump from more than 30 feet above your opponent, nor can you effectively battle jump while under the influence of a fly or levitate spell or effect, as you have to hurl yourself down on your foe. If you hit, you can choose either to deal double damage with a melee weapon or natural attack or to attempt a trip attack. You are treated as one size category larger than normal if you try to trip your opponent with the battle jump. After you attack, you take falling damage as normal for the distance you jumped. You are entitled to a Jump check (DC 15) to take less damage, as if you had fallen 10 feet less than you actually did. If you fail this Jump check, you fall prone 5 feet from your opponent. You can also use Battle Jump to begin a grapple attempt instead of making a normal attack. If you do, you are treated as one size category larger than normal for the first grapple check following the battle jump.

----------------------

Is it a kind of charge that could be readied against? Can I just fly 15 feat above the sucker, and then drop onto them doing a full attack? Do normal charge-breakers counter this in their normal ways?

OldTrees1
2013-12-30, 11:47 PM
Yes it can be readied against, however a readied attack would be much less/not effective as a chargebreaker.

If they use Standstill then your movement is halted. If you have not met your minimum forward movement, then you get to stall (fall again). So standstill does not break your charge even on a failed reflex save.

If they use Trip then you are stalled (trip vs an aerial target). Stalling means falling so Battle Jump triggers again. So Trip does not break your charge even if they succeed on the Trip check.

If they use Knockback they can move you farther than 30 ft away but only if they beat you in a Bullrush check by 20 (assuming they have 10ft reach). If you are not knocked more than 30ft away from them, you just stall to trigger another Battle Jump.

Abrupt Jaunt (10ft immediate action teleport) can still foil your charge unless you have 10ft reach. (so get that reach)

GhengisConrad
2013-12-30, 11:59 PM
Yes it can be readied against, however a readied attack would be much less/not effective as a chargebreaker.

If they use Standstill then your movement is halted. If you have not met your minimum forward movement, then you get to stall (fall again). So standstill does not break your charge even on a failed reflex save.

If they use Trip then you are stalled (trip vs an aerial target). Stalling means falling so Battle Jump triggers again. So Trip does not break your charge even if they succeed on the Trip check.

If they use Knockback they can move you farther than 30 ft away but only if they beat you in a Bullrush check by 20 (assuming they have 10ft reach). If you are not knocked more than 30ft away from them, you just stall to trigger another Battle Jump.

Abrupt Jaunt (10ft immediate action teleport) can still foil your charge unless you have 10ft reach. (so get that reach)

So this is actually a pretty nifty combo-set for my build eh? Just gotta get that reach in there.... any way to make my unarmed kick attack longer eh?

GhengisConrad
2013-12-31, 12:48 AM

What if I also had Abrupt Jaunt? :amused:

Would I then be able to immediate to the same relative place above them and continue my shenanigans? :biggrin:

OldTrees1
2013-12-31, 12:51 AM
2 feats with your choice of Abberant or Vile flavor
Abberant Blood + Inhuman Reach [abberant blood requires humanoid type]
Willing Deformity + Deformity:Tall

If you had Abrupt Jaunt then you would follow them and fall triggering Battle Jump. However reach is more useful.

Battle Jump is nice insurance for your pouncer