PDA

View Full Version : Idea on class

Hannes
2007-01-19, 02:28 PM
Something that would be veerrry agile. I'm thinking d10 HD, light weapons, multiple attacks with the ability to move between attacks. Maybe some precision strikes (extra d8 while flanking), proficiency with light armor of course. Some dex based abilities, help me out here!

Glooble Glistencrist
2007-01-19, 02:55 PM
Sounds kind of like the Swashbuckler (though I don't have Complete Warrior, so I'm not certain.)

Logos7
2007-01-19, 03:01 PM
the Scout Perhaps?

I believe first seen in Complete Adventurer?

Fako
2007-01-19, 03:10 PM
multiple attacks with the ability to move between attacks.

Only class I have ever seen with this is the Dervish from 3.0, and that thing is incredibly broken. However, if you are willing to invest feats, you can take the Spring Attack chain of feats from PBHII, it allows you to move in between your attacks.

As for the rest, I think Scout would be best for you (as Logos7 said). They are proficient in light armor, use light weapons, and are all about mobility on the field. They get extra damage and AC on rounds where they move 10 feet or more. I think that's the closest you'll get...

EDIT: Are you asking for a custom class built like this?

pestilenceawaits
2007-01-19, 03:18 PM
My first thought was a fighter/ scout using the spring attack feat tree from PHBII. you also get extra damage when you move 10 feet before attacking (skirmish ability) but as Fako said it is feat heavy.

Hannes
2007-01-19, 04:43 PM
Okay, I broke my head on this and I came out with some things.

HD d10

BAB full

Proficiency with everything light

Good save ref

1st Level Two Weapon fighting which only works when wielding two light weapons, dex-based bonus feat. Gains double dex modifier to AC.

2 Precise attack (deals +1d8 damage when flanking opponent)

3 Speed attack, dex based bonus feat

4 Weapon Focus with weapon of choice.

5 Precise Attack +2d8, dex based bonus feat, Improved Two Weapon Fighting

6 Weapon Specialization with the same weapon as level 4th Weapon Focus, Speed attack

7 dex based bonus feat, able to throw light piercing weapons up to 20 ft with no penalties.

8 Precise Attack +3d8, Greater Weapon Focus, Greater Two Weapon Fighting

9 Evasion, speed attack, dex based bonus feat

10 Improved Evasion, Greater Weapon Specialization, Two Weapon Defence

11 Precise attack +4d8

12 Speed attack

13 Whirlwind Attack, even if conditions not met. If already have, then Fast Whirlwind,

14 Precise Attack +5d8, Improved Two Weapon Defense

15 Speed Attack

16 Greater Two Weapon Defense

17 Precise Attack +6d8

18 Speed Attack

19 Fast Whirlwind

20 Precise Attack +7d8

Speed attack: you may take a five-foot step after making an attack. This doesn't count towards your maximum land speed and doesn't provoke Attacks of Opportunity. If another enemy is in reach, you may attack him, albeit at half damage. For every instance of this ability you can move another 5 feet. You cannot attack one enemy many times.

Fast Whirlwind - As Whirlwind, but does not use up your move action. Does half damage. Both weapons can be used.

Roderick_BR
2007-01-19, 05:05 PM
I've been thinkering with a "light weight" fighter for a while. Something like the Ranger, only more combat oriented. Maybe use the Ranger's no-magic variation? The problem is only the smaller hit die (d8 instead of d10).

Hannes
2007-01-19, 05:07 PM
Please give me more criticism =( My first homebrew, need ideas to balance, change etc.