PDA

View Full Version : [Feats] A mugger's must

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-19, 03:22 PM
Sudden Snatch [Ambush]
Prerequisite: Improved Grapple, sneak attack
Benefit: If you successfully grapple a victim as part of your sneak attack you may instantly attempt to to pin and silence them instead of dealing sneak attack damage.

Silent Struggle [Ambush]
Prerequisite: Move Silently 4 ranks, Improved Grapple, sneak attack
Benefit: While attempting to move a pinned opponent you may make use of your move silently skill without penalty. Your pinned opponent uses your check result if he has been silenced. While silencing your victim you may deal 1 point of non-lethal damage that keeps them from speaking even once released for a number of rounds equal to your Strength-modifier (or until the target is the beneficiary of a DC 15 Heal check or any magical healing that restores at least 1 hit point, whichever comes first).
Special: You get a +2 bonus on your grapple check to move a pinned opponent. This stacks with the bonus from pinning normally.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-19, 03:23 PM
Not just good for muggers, but kidnappers too!

Raz
2007-01-19, 03:44 PM
A nice pair of feats. Hmmm.... The prerequisite of sneak attack capability I think would qualify these as Ambush Feats as per the feats found in the Complete Scoundrel and one of those Dragon Magazines whose number I can never remember...

And it's definitely great for muggers, kidnappers, and espionage agents!

ExHunterEmerald
2007-01-19, 03:58 PM
Hey, a way to make kidnappings realistic!

"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?" works too.

geez3r
2007-01-19, 04:02 PM
Yet another good creation VT.

sigurd
2007-01-19, 04:05 PM
Very nice,

instead of dealing sneak attack damage

Question does this feat guarantee you don't do any damage to your target?

Makes it much safer to capture without hurting them.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-19, 06:37 PM
"Does this rag smell like chloroform to you?" works too.

Incidentally, that's also the world's best pickup line.

Fizban
2007-01-19, 08:01 PM
Splinter-Cell'd!

The Vorpal Tribble
2007-01-20, 08:37 AM
The prerequisite of sneak attack capability I think would qualify these as Ambush Feats as per the feats found in the Complete Scoundrel and one of those Dragon Magazines whose number I can never remember...
Sounds good. Really need to get that book...

Question does this feat guarantee you don't do any damage to your target?

Makes it much safer to capture without hurting them.
Pretty much.

Step 1: Make the touch attack
Step 2: Grapple check
Step 3: Use up any possible damage by pinning.

Splinter-Cell'd
Eh? :smallconfused:

magic8BALL
2007-01-20, 08:50 AM
(Splinter Cell is a series of console based computer games in wich the player controls ...what's his name again..?.. a spy...or a double agent...some quiet killer dude anyway... perhaps someone else will explain it better than I...)

Yeah... very nice feats.
...time for the BBEG to have minions kidnap a PC... and not have that PC easily defeat a group of 4 would be kidnappers single handedly...then it shall be time for monologues to the max!

mikeejimbo
2007-01-20, 09:28 AM
(Splinter Cell is a series of console based computer games in wich the player controls ...what's his name again..?.. a spy...or a double agent...some quiet killer dude anyway... perhaps someone else will explain it better than I...)

Technically, it's first a book series by Tom Clancy. At least, I think first. It seems to lend itself to a computer game pretty well, so if it was, it was probably written with that in mind.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-01-20, 01:21 PM
Nah, the games came first, I believe. But Tom Clancy had the original concept. Or something.
To wikipedia!

reorith
2007-01-20, 01:25 PM
in some book, there was a feat that allowed a sneak attacker to trade in some d6s worth of sneak attacking to get some other ability. idk, that template might work for the sudden snatch.

Captain van der Decken
2007-01-20, 01:25 PM

You guys explained it well.

:sigh:

Basically, this spy, Fisher, sneaks around a lot, and one of the things that happens often is him grabbing people from behind, with his hand over their mouth.

Shouldn't Silent Struggle require Sudden Snatch? You say <...while silencing your victim, you may..> which suggests you need it.

mikeejimbo
2007-01-20, 01:56 PM
Nah, the games came first, I believe. But Tom Clancy had the original concept. Or something.
To wikipedia!

Aha, you were right! Wikipedia does indeed confirm that the games were first. It seems Tom Clancy just sort of put his name on it.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-01-20, 03:36 PM
Hooray! I was right at something!

jjpickar
2007-01-20, 05:50 PM
The books aren't even written by Clancy he just put his name on the cover in BIG letters. I don't remember who wrote it though. I only read the books He actually wrote so I don't know what the Splinter Cell books are like.

ExHunterEmerald
2007-01-20, 09:46 PM
I've read one of them--operation Barracuda.
It was HORRIBLE.
And written exclusively for horny lonely teens.

Amphimir Míriel
2007-01-20, 10:52 PM
When I read the thread's subject: "A mugger's must" I instantly thought of the upcoming iPhone by Apple...

Triaxx
2007-01-21, 07:41 AM
Wrong. If you're going to mug someone, you have to go Microsoft. Namely, the original XboX. It weighs a much as a great club.

Amphimir Míriel
2007-01-21, 10:25 PM
Wrong. If you're going to mug someone, you have to go Microsoft. Namely, the original XboX. It weighs a much as a great club.

Actually, I was thinking of a mugger's target, not weapon...

As a weapon, I still have an old Nokia phone that could easily stun someone on a direct hit...

Mewtarthio
2007-01-21, 11:09 PM
You can silence someone if you successfully pin them normally. It's just not very useful because you need to get a surprise round and win initiative (not to mention both grapple checks) or they'll be able to shout something out before you get to silence them (unless by "silence" you mean "Death Attack").

[quote=Amphimir Míriel;1869782]As a weapon, I still have an old Nokia phone that could easily stun someone on a direct hit...

Hm... Does it have an electric stun gun built into it?