PDA

View Full Version : augment summons question

Bullet06320
2013-12-31, 04:49 AM
question for a build im working on

augment summoning

u get it for free from thaumaturgist, but I need it for malconvoker.
now could I retrain it right before I get it again from thaumaturgist?

or would they stack? is there a greater augment summoning? it could be replaced with?

TuggyNE
2013-12-31, 04:53 AM
question for a build im working on

augment summoning

u get it for free from thaumaturgist, but I need it for malconvoker.
now could I retrain it right before I get it again from thaumaturgist?

Assuming retraining is an option, you could do that before or after taking that level.

Bullet06320
2013-12-31, 04:57 AM
that's wat I was thinking

on a similar topic, retraining, if u get martial weapon proficiency from a class, that's available for retraining as well?

Nettlekid
2013-12-31, 04:57 AM
Unless otherwise stated, if you receive a feat that you already have as a bonus feat, the bonus feat is wasted. I suppose technically you have it twice so you could Chaos Shuffle one out. But they do not stack, and no there is no Greater Augment Summoning, nor would you get it automatically even if there was (unless your DM said it was okay.) I suppose the retraining shortly before getting the bonus feat would work. It's often argued on the forums whether or not you lose PrC features by losing prereqs, but in this case the only "feature" you need to take that next level of Thaumaturgist is the advancement of spellcasting, which I believe would be retained even IF you lost other class features, and you'd regain those (if you ever lost them) immediately upon taking that next level, so that works pretty well.

Or just Chaos Shuffle the duplicate out.

TuggyNE
2013-12-31, 05:02 AM
on a similar topic, retraining, if u get martial weapon proficiency from a class, that's available for retraining as well?

Not generally; most classes, if not all, merely state that you are proficient with X weapons, not that you have the Martial Weapon Proficiency feats for those weapons.

Bullet06320
2013-12-31, 05:11 AM
re read the weapons section, merely states is profiecient with one martial weapon, so I geuss not eligibale for retraining
so much for a free feat that way, LOL

Chronos
2013-12-31, 09:16 AM
Why not just take thaumaturgist before malconvoker?

Andezzar
2013-12-31, 09:45 AM
Why not just take thaumaturgist before malconvoker?Because that would normally mean that you have to take 7 levels of cleric. That is too much for getting Thaumaturgist 5 and Malconvoker 10 before going epic.

Bullet06320
2013-12-31, 03:30 PM
thamaturgist requires lesser planar ally, which is a cleric spell, 2 levels of malconvoker gives u lesser planar ally as an arcane spell, so I would need malconvoker first.
still a build in progress, seeing wat I can do, and where to put what