PDA

View Full Version : Shaper Build

Scipio
2007-01-19, 03:56 PM
I am working on a build for a Shaper, and I wanted to get some feedback. He is joining a party that will benefit from a primary caster. The party has been around a while, so the Shaper will be 14th level. The final build I am looking at is Human Shaper 15/Ectopic Adept 5, so he will start out as a Shaper 9/Ectopic Adept 5.

Required/Obvious Feats
Boost Construct
Skill Focus - Craft (Sculpting)
Overchannel
Talented
Ectopic Form (Emerald Gyre)
Psionic Meditation

This leaves me two more feats in the current (14th level) build plus two bonus Ectopic Forms. I am thinking Anathemic Carapace and Alabaster Aerial for the bonus forms. Any other suggestions for form selection?

I am leaning towards taking Expanded Knowledge (Energy Missile), Privileged Energy and Paraelemental Power. It would make a powerful blaster type build, and it gives the character a nice dual theme of powerful energy attacks and astral constructs. Another good option is loading up on metapsionic powers.

I would like to take some of the metacreativity powers such as Fabricate and the creation powers. I just cannot think of how they could be used in interesting/good ways.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

pestilenceawaits
2007-01-19, 04:05 PM
I wouldn't worry about the expanded knowledge for the energy power there are several energy powers in the general psion/wilder list to pick from and with augmenting a first level power is as good as a 9th level power. A psi crystal is nice to have especially if you take the feat that allows it to hold a psionic focus as well. It lets you use two metapsionic feats at once. and speaking of metapsionic feats maximize power and empower power are very useful.(for blasters) with all the psionic feats you are taking psionic body isn't to bad of an idea either more hit points never hurts.

Scipio
2007-01-19, 04:19 PM
I agree that there are other energy powers available for a psion/wilder, but Energy Missile is arguably the best one. It is also a prerequisite for Privileged Energy which adds +1 dmg/die to all energy based attacks of your chosen energy. Privileged Energy is a prerequisite for Paralemental Power, which is a pretty good metapsionic feat. I will definitely work Empower and/or Maximize into the build, but it may not be until I get my 15th level feat and my 10th level bonus psion feat (also at 15th level).