PDA

View Full Version : Researching Unique Spells [PEACH]

Lo77o
2013-12-31, 09:24 AM
I'm playing a caster (Largas Irongull) in a campaign, and i want to start researching my own unique spells.

So ill post my first try here and hopefully get some feedback before i bring it to the GM.

Irongull's Consume

Conjuration (Calling)/Transmutation
Level: Clr 0, Drd 0, Sor/Wiz 0
Components: V, S
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Close (25 ft. + 5 ft./2 levels)
Target: One non magical consumable object or a small group of objects
Duration: Instantaneous
In the middle of researching, or even in the middle of adventuring, you cant always find the time to sit down and pack out a lunch. It is time consuming and often messy, and in all honesty a waste of time. Much better to reach out a hand, and demand the food to be consumed, and get back to things worth you time and effort.

You send fourth a stream of ethereal energy, that calls to you, non attended objects you wish to consume. If you do not have line of sight, you need to be able to visualise the objects you wish to consume. The objects (Usually food or drinks from a plate, but could be apples from an apple tree, or even just the centre of a melon, or a packed lunch still in your backpack) you call fourth with the spell is then consumed by the spell. But for all intents and purposes, you consumed the objects. You gain energy from the food, but your stomach is still empty, so while this might be efficient, it is seldom satisfying. If you consume anything that is poisoned or diseased etc. you still need to make saves. Should you use this spell to consume something that is clearly owned by someone else, then that person instantly knows who did it. Any object consumed needs to be one you could consume normally in less than an hour.

Adam1949
2013-12-31, 05:08 PM
The main thing that I see with it is that it simply mentions "Unattended objects". Does this mean that potions can be taken by the spell as well? Or, more importantly, magical items? After all, even though it provides no real subsistence, someone could, by swallowing it whole, consume a Ring of Invisibility, for instance. Other than that, It looks like a fine cantrip to me.

inuyasha
2013-12-31, 10:15 PM
The main thing that I see with it is that it simply mentions "Unattended objects". Does this mean that potions can be taken by the spell as well? Or, more importantly, magical items? After all, even though it provides no real subsistence, someone could, by swallowing it whole, consume a Ring of Invisibility, for instance. Other than that, It looks like a fine cantrip to me.

The spell specifies one non magical consumable object

Lo77o
2014-01-11, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the feedback.

bookguy
2014-01-12, 02:30 AM
I laughed aloud as I read this. I love it! I can picture a wizard talking to a customer about magic items and then reaching out and "eating" a sandwich. Or I could see an adventurer using it to win a bet in a tavern. Great idea!