PDA

View Full Version : Remarkably Strange PCs

Dungeon_Crawler
2013-12-31, 12:33 PM
I have recently made a odd gesalt PC and I thought it might be cool to see other people who have played or DM'd PCs that had interesting traits. I'll start

Half-fey Human Conjurer/Malkonvoker gesalted with Factorum.

Binding outsiders and summoning monsters is hard when you have butterfly wings. :smallbiggrin:

Edit: Dont have to be gesalt, but should have been played at some point

sideswipe
2013-12-31, 01:07 PM
hat of disguise. you dont have wings,

im currently playing -

lvl10 gestalt
psion 6/ thrall herder 5/factotum 1/dragon shaman 1/cleric1/ marshal 4/level adjust 2

(a house rule is you can give one side of each level for level adjusts and racial hit dice.

my race is half-fey synad and we are in a kingdom building campaign.

i constantly forget some of my abilities. i have about 4 pages of notes on them lol.

never played something this complicated.

Hangwind
2013-12-31, 01:46 PM
I made an Anthropomorphic Chicken Druid once. Every time she healed, summoned or did anything with spells she had to throw the material component on herself then shake until the spell activated. I called her Ginger.

Phelix-Mu
2013-12-31, 04:16 PM
Half-white dragon thri-kreen barbarian, I think it was. Was in a Frostfell-esque setting with a goliath druid and an uldra of some kind.

In a much less serious one-off, an awakened green slime psion that was using some improvised rules to govern his growth rate.

Flickerdart
2013-12-31, 04:21 PM
Totemist Tauric Thri-kreen Large Monstrous Scorpion Savage Vampire. He never had a shortage of limbs.

unseenmage
2013-12-31, 05:07 PM
Warforged Scout Were-Winged Warforged whose shoulders/arms are full of embedded warforged component SpellSong Nightingales

Oh, and she has an artificial "skin" of porcelain that fractures off and flakes away when she transforms.

Amphetryon
2013-12-31, 05:16 PM
I think I've mentioned this concept before:

Warforged Artificer 7/Reforged 3/Renegade Mastermaker 10 (may require some amount of hand-waving for prerequisites)

He's a Warforged who always envied the existence of those who were born, not crafted, but who immediately regretted the choice to lose his 'Warforged essence' and spent the rest of his (pre-Epic) life trying to get it back.

Dungeon_Crawler
2013-12-31, 06:59 PM
Thanks to everyone who's posted so far. It's one thing to have an OP build, but it's builds like these that remind me why I play 3.5.Have a Happy New Year!

Fax Celestis
2013-12-31, 07:04 PM
I think I've mentioned this concept before:

Warforged Artificer 7/Reforged 3/Renegade Mastermaker 10 (may require some amount of hand-waving for prerequisites)

He's a Warforged who always envied the existence of those who were born, not crafted, but who immediately regretted the choice to lose his 'Warforged essence' and spent the rest of his (pre-Epic) life trying to get it back.
WHy are you waiting until 7? You can get into Reforged at 5. Then you can go Warforged Artificer 5/Reforged 3/Renegade Mastermaker 10/Warforged Juggernaut 2

Forrestfire
2013-12-31, 08:00 PM
In one gestalt game, I played a ghost character who was fluffed as four souls sharing control of one ectoplasmic body.

I had a necromancer who led an army against a major city 70 years ago, a barbarian adventurer who got killed by a dragon and was later reanimated to serve as a sergeant in the necromancer's horde, a woman from the aforementioned city who devised a ritual to break the necromancer's magic apart, and a little girl who got killed in the crossfire.

The four of them ended up bound into the barbarian's riverine sword, which was eventually found by one of the party members and taken along. I used factotum levels and UMD's scrolls to represent having lots of abilities, and eventually the character was re-killed heroically distracting a black dragon while the party escaped (the same dragon that had killed the barbarian all those years ago).

In that game, I'm currently playing the descendant of the woman who made the ritual, who, as part of her final project for her studies at a mage college, made a one-use item to grant her increased physical abilities. It had a side-effect of venting excess magical energy in the form of a halo that changes color with her emotions (Illumian Warblade//Wizard swiftblade). She works as an assistant teacher at the college now.

She ended up joining the party because the ghost had ordered a custom magic item from the mage college, and she volunteered to deliver it so she could investigate why her 70-years-dead ancestor was buying magic items. She ended up getting roped into joining the party after getting involved in their investigations of the Age of Worms prophecy.

Zweisteine
2014-01-01, 01:26 AM
Not yet played, but for my next adventure, which goes on as soon as character and adventure building are done.

Mineral Warrior Arctic Stony Magic-Blooded Lesser Ooze Paragenasi Warblade. Now try imagining what it looks like.
I imagine a featureless (except eyes and simple mouth) mineral warrior human, but covered in slime. It's probably also a bit pale.

The rest of the party is:
Magic-blooded Arctic Desert Pixie Warlock (not so strange, I suppose)
Magic-Blooded Unseelie Fey Whisper Gnome Illusionist (normal-ish)
Gheden (Half-Undead) Arctic Desert Fireblood Dwarf Cleric (a bit odd)

Bakkan
2014-01-01, 04:47 AM
I played a Sainted Dragonborn Warforged Ardent/Incarnate/Warblade/Crusader once. He was a paragon of good, was immune to almost everything except damage, absorbed tons of damage, and looked liked a winged, shiny, dragon-scaled robot. He was awesome.

Amphetryon
2014-01-01, 08:22 AM
WHy are you waiting until 7? You can get into Reforged at 5. Then you can go Warforged Artificer 5/Reforged 3/Renegade Mastermaker 10/Warforged Juggernaut 2

Because the consensus reading at my gaming table at the time was that getting into Warforged Juggernaut after taking Reforged would require even more handwaving than the build I listed.