PDA

View Full Version : Gish PRC Help

Dude_Here
2013-12-31, 01:34 PM
I'm having trouble finding a PRC with full spell casting and 3/4 bab to finish off an elvish gish build I'm making. Other than Abjurant Champion(used in build) and Sacred Exorcist I'm at a loss. I could go with Sacred Exorcist but I prefer not to be good aligned. I don't know if Pathfinder has a PRC that would suit me or if I overlooked one from 3.5.

TheMooch
2013-12-31, 01:38 PM
Post your current build and feats so we can find something that fits already.

BowStreetRunner
2013-12-31, 01:39 PM
Check out the PRCs listed in my Improved Sorcerer (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=294500) post, as some of those might fit what you are looking for.

Besides Abjurant Champion and Sacred Exorcist which you have already mentioned, both Unseen Seer and Spellwarp Sniper are 3/4 BAB. There are also five classes in which you can dip one level and not lose caster level or BAB: Bladesinger, Spellsword, Thrall of Demogorgon, Thrall of Orcus, and Dragonslayer. This list was compiled specifically for Sorcerers, so there may be others for a Wizard build.

Edit: Ruathar is 2/3 BAB and worth considering as well.

Urpriest
2013-12-31, 01:51 PM
How many levels do you need? There aren't a lot of alternatives to Sacred Exorcist, but there are a couple.

Dude_Here
2013-12-31, 03:05 PM
Post your current build and feats so we can find something that fits already.

Fighter 1/Wizard(elven generalist) 4/Crusader 1/Spell Sword 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 4/Abjurant Champion 4/Sacred Exorcist 3/Jade Phoenix Mage 1

Feats:
1. Practiced Spell Caster, Combat Casting
2. Power Attack
3. Extend Spell
6. Quicken Spell
9. Arcane Strike
12. Improved Familiar
15. Minor Shapeshift
18. Persistent Spell

I forgot to mention my DM nerfed the BAB of the Abjurant Champion class
down to 3/4 instead of full :frown:

Urpriest
2013-12-31, 03:22 PM
Fighter 1/Wizard(elven generalist) 4/Crusader 1/Spell Sword 1/Jade Phoenix Mage 4/Abjurant Champion 4/Sacred Exorcist 3/Jade Phoenix Mage 1

Feats:
1. Practiced Spell Caster, Combat Casting
2. Power Attack
3. Extend Spell
6. Quicken Spell
9. Arcane Strike
12. Improved Familiar
15. Minor Shapeshift
18. Persistent Spell

I forgot to mention my DM nerfed the BAB of the Abjurant Champion class
down to 3/4 instead of full :frown:

If it's only three levels on an Elven character, then Ruathar definitely seems like the best choice. Really easy to qualify for.

Dude_Here
2013-12-31, 04:01 PM
I was under the impression that only non elves could qualify for the Ruathar class. I just read the description and it states:

Also known as "elf-friend" or "star-friend," a ruathar is a person of some other race who has earned the special friendship of the elven folk.

I chose three levels of Sacred Exorcist to get Dispel Evil but if I'm not taking that I could take Abjurant Champion to 5 and only need two levels to fill.
So if Ruathar is not available to me than I believe Unseen Seer would fit the bill.

Karnith
2013-12-31, 04:07 PM
I was under the impression that only non elves could qualify for the Ruathar class.
The PrC has no race requirement. Additionally, from slightly farther on in the fluff of the Ruathar class:

Elves can become ruathars, but such creatures are somewhat unusual. An elf becomes a ruathar when he renders a great service to an elf realm that is not his homeland, or when one or more of his nonelf companions receive the honor in recognition for a deed he also shared in. When an individual elf is singled out for this kind of recognition in his homeland, he is usually called "star-friend" rather than "elf-friend."

Dude_Here
2013-12-31, 04:35 PM
The PrC has no race requirement. Additionally, from slightly farther on in the fluff of the Ruathar class:

Well thats good news for me -). Thanks for the help guys !

Urpriest
2013-12-31, 04:43 PM
I chose three levels of Sacred Exorcist to get Dispel Evil but if I'm not taking that I could take Abjurant Champion to 5 and only need two levels to fill.
So if Ruathar is not available to me than I believe Unseen Seer would fit the bill.

Your build is missing a level, by the way.

As far as I can see, you need 3 BAB in four levels of full casting. You won't get another point of BAB from Abjurant Champion 5, so you need four levels of 3/4 BAB from something else (unless you're using fractional BAB). Unseen Seer might work, so might that one Harper PrC that progresses casting.

Edit: If your build is more flexible, you could take more levels of Jade Pheonix Mage, and lose less casting out the gate. Something like Wizard 5/Crusader 1/Jade Pheonix Mage 10/Abjurant Champion 4 would work fine even with your houserules.

Dude_Here
2013-12-31, 06:25 PM
As far as I can see, you need 3 BAB in four levels of full casting. You won't get another point of BAB from Abjurant Champion 5, so you need four levels of 3/4 BAB from something else (unless you're using fractional BAB). Unseen Seer might work, so might that one Harper PrC that progresses casting.

Your right. I misread my notes on the build. It reads 4 levels of Sacred Exorcist and 4 levels of Abjurant Champion. So that would bring the BAB to 16.
I'm already on level 2 so I guess I'll just stick with it. From a roleplaying standpoint the Sacred Exorcist fits in with the Crusader level.

Dude_Here
2013-12-31, 09:28 PM
But I appreciate BowStreetRunners guide! Very informative and appreciated.