PDA

View Full Version : Necklace of Natural Weapons

Vendarien
2013-12-31, 02:58 PM
If I use the necklace of natural weapon (savage species) as a lion and used it to enhance my claw attack would it enhance both my claws but not my bite or just 1 claw.

Phelix-Mu
2013-12-31, 03:05 PM
Pretty certain both claws count as one type of natural weapon. I guess this is more implied than stated, but maybe it's in the back of the Monster Manual somewhere. Things like Improved Natural Attack (claws) work on both claws, and the word itself is plural.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-12-31, 05:16 PM
I'd rule it as only affecting one attack, not both. The intent seems to be that you get an enchanted natural weapon for the same price as a manufactured one, not a two (or more) for one deal.

Captnq
2013-12-31, 05:24 PM
Well, the NoNW can be for multiple natural weapons.

For example. I can make +1 flaming, +1 Shocking, and +1 Acidic and put all of them in the same NoNW.

If I have only one natural attack, I have to pick which one for the round. If I have three, each one enhances a different natural attack. If I have four natural attacks, only three can benefit.

Weird thing happens with a monk. While his unarmed strike is a natural weapon, he has 9 different locations he can "wield" his natural strike from. Normal Imp Strike people can't. They only have two, left fist, right fist.

So you can have a Left foot, right foot, left elbow... etc etc etc weapon built into your NoNW.

This becomes useful when having WSAs that just need to be wielded, but not used, like smoking. Cuts down on costs by spreading out your +1s across multiple natural weapon locations.

Don't know how many Nat Att your lion has, but you need to buy the weapon separarely for each one.

sleepyphoenixx
2013-12-31, 05:32 PM
That's a very liberal interpretation. The item description is quite clear that you can multiply the price to affect multiple weapons. It says nothing on enchanting it to affect multiple natural weapons with different effects.
The only way i'd allow that is via MIC item stacking rules, and then you'd have to pay 1,5 x the price for every enhanced "weapon" after the first.
Of course that still saves you quite a bit of money if you want lots of abilities to choose from so it's not like it's too expensive then.

fluke1993
2014-01-01, 12:33 AM
Doesn't putting an effect on NoNW cost 3x as much as enchanting a normal weapon? Or maybe I am thinking another amulet...

Never mind I was thinking of Amulet of Mighty Fists. Now if you will excuse me I need to go commit seppuku to regain my honor. (it's okay guys it's just an astral projection this happens 2-3 times every day)

Chronos
2014-01-01, 11:40 AM
Quoth CaptnQ:

Weird thing happens with a monk. While his unarmed strike is a natural weapon, he has 9 different locations he can "wield" his natural strike from. Normal Imp Strike people can't. They only have two, left fist, right fist.

So you can have a Left foot, right foot, left elbow... etc etc etc weapon built into your NoNW.
No, an unarmed strike is a single weapon for anyone. Monks can explicitly make their unarmed strike attacks with any part of their body (not just nine specific ones), and it's never specified just which parts of the body a non-monk can use.

bekeleven
2014-01-01, 04:25 PM
Yeah, there are no rules for giving different WSAs on each natural attack using the NoNW. It says you enhance the necklance as a weapon, and if you want to apply it to more than one attack, then you multiply the cost.