PDA

View Full Version : Development for a major NPC: Diandra, thinking of a backstory.

MonkeySage
2013-12-31, 04:28 PM
Diandra is the first and highest level NPC my players have met in my main game, and will likely be joining in their current quest, fighting along side them. Until now, I haven't statted her out. I have described her as being over 6' tall, strong, and extremely ill tempered.
She is the captain of the local militia, and I've envisioned her alignment being somewhere between neutral and chaotic good.
She's known for being a bit impatient with other members of the militia, and just about anyone in the militia knows not to keep her waiting, especially if she's in a bad mood.
She does genuinely care about her men, even if she's currently threatening to break their arms.

She implies that her and her brother a nearby town were both mercenaries at one time, before going their separate ways. Both currently captain their respective local militias. I think she's about level 5.

Diandra is human.

QuintonBeck
2013-12-31, 04:34 PM
Sounds like a fighter or Warblade, maybe a bit of marshal but Warblade focusing on White Raven tactics would ultimately be better I think.

MonkeySage
2013-12-31, 04:46 PM
I am interested in Warblade, what book might I find it in? (I have most of them)

QuintonBeck
2013-12-31, 11:16 PM
Book of Nine Swords aka Tome of Battle aka Weaboo Fightin Magics.

It uses a new system for martial characters built around maneuvers which are like spells but not quite. Some people dislike it but myself and I believe most on the board here consider it to be a much needed and well implemented boost to mundanes.