PDA

View Full Version : Epic Bard Flute

Deepwood Sniper
2013-12-31, 11:52 PM
I am currently playing a bard in my gestalt campaign. Another parson in out group is playing an artificer/Wizard (human). My bard wants to craft a powerful flute that casts a different spell AT WILL depending on the notes he plays. how would i figure out the cost of the item as if buying it from a regular store. Since it will take alot of EXP to make it, our artificer is charging me full price as soon as i find it out. So how much would it cost to create a flute with this ability?
id also like to know how much to add new spells at each level if possible.

Waker
2014-01-01, 12:21 AM
I'm not the most qualified when it comes to magic item creation rules, but I'll try to explain it best as I can. Making a zauberflote will require the use of either the Wonderous Item or Rod Creation feats. Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm#tableEstimatingMagicItemGol dPieceValues) are the appropriate tables on generalized costs for magic items. Of note, if you go with Command Word activation
A command word can be a real word, but when this is the case, the holder of the item runs the risk of activating the item accidentally by speaking the word in normal conversation. More often, the command word is some seemingly nonsensical word, or a word or phrase from an ancient language no longer in common use.
So according to the rules, you could decide that activation of the item would be a trill on the flute rather than speaking a word.

Deepwood Sniper
2014-01-01, 01:16 AM
I'm not the most qualified when it comes to magic item creation rules, but I'll try to explain it best as I can. Making a zauberflote will require the use of either the Wonderous Item or Rod Creation feats. Here (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/creatingMagicItems.htm#tableEstimatingMagicItemGol dPieceValues) are the appropriate tables on generalized costs for magic items. Of note, if you go with Command Word activation
So according to the rules, you could decide that activation of the item would be a trill on the flute rather than speaking a word.

Thank you soooo much. I'm wanting to make a bard that can use a flute that can conjure a fireball spell, cone of cold, lightning bolt, and Heal at will. i know being such high level spells(i want the element spells to do max damage and Heal to restore max health), it will cost a fortune. but in the end, it'll be worth it