PDA

View Full Version : Daelkyr Half-Blood and Templates

Xuldarinar
2014-01-01, 01:34 PM
Something as of late has come to mind when it comes to Daelkyr Half-blood. Be it by Breed leach or proximity to daelkyr, womb warping makes the unborn (usually human) become daelkyr half-bloods.

My question really is as follows. Under what circumstances could you have a Daelkyr Half-blood with a template such as Half-Dragon?

For that one specifically, a few scenarios come to mind:

1. The child would normally have been a half-dragon, the template remains.

2. In cases by breed leaches, the breed leach possessed the template, therefore the daelkyr half-blood possesses it as well. This could be by daelkyr modification of the breed leach, or by other means.

3. Such a thing could only occur if one parent is a daelkyr half-blood, and the other were (for a half-dragon daelkyr half-blood) a dragon.

4. Womb warping occuring to something that normally when mixed with, for instance, a human would result in a half creature. 'Womb warping', if happening to an unborn dragon, resulting in a Daelkyr half-blood with the half-dragon template.

5. Cannot happen.

Although, a follow up question. If a Daelkyr Half-Blood were born with a template, would their Personal Symbiont be born with the same template?

ksbsnowowl
2014-01-01, 01:56 PM
This is really within the purview of the DM; there is no concrete answer, IMO.

Were this my game we were talking about, I'd go with 1, 3, and possibly 2 as well. I could easily see any or all of those three existing in the same world as possibilities.

You could also just strip the Daelkyr Half-Blood abilities, and tack them onto another creature for a +1 CR boost (which is what I would do for number 4). See page 294 of the MM1 for info on adding ability suites to a monster.