PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Mythic Ruling Questions: Mythic Spell Power and Divine Source

Bigbeefie
2014-01-01, 01:49 PM
My Group Has come up with 2 questions we cant find anywhere online and the consensus about the questions Differ among players. Here is the questions on the table as we would like the exact ruling before we make a house ruling on it.

First is Divine source.

Divine Source (su): You can grant divine spells to those who follow your cause, allowing them to select you as their deity for the purposes of determining their spells and domains. Select two domains upon taking this ability. These domains must be alignment domains matching your alignment if possible, unless your alignment is neutral. You grant access to these domains as if you were a deity. Creatures that gain spells from you don't receive any spells per day of levels higher than your tier; they lose those spell slots. In addition, you can cast spells from domains you grant as long as their level is equal to or less than your tier. Each day as a spell-like ability, you can cast one spell of each level equal to or less than your tier (selecting from those available to you from your divine source domains). If you're a cleric or you venerate a deity, you may change your spell domains to those you grant others. At 6th tier and 9th tier, you can select this ability again, adding one domain and two subdomains to your list each time and adding their spells to the list of those that you can cast.

The question is about would the Divine source allow you to cast inside an Anti-magic field since you are considered a deity.

The second question is about Mythic Spell power.

Mythic Spellpower (sp): You have a pool of magical power you can draw upon for casting mythic spells. Up to twice per day, you can use this power to cast a mythic spell without expending any uses of mythic power. You can select this ability up to three times; each time you do, you gain two additional uses of this ability per day.

We are aware of the you can augment the spells techniqually being able to cast a Mythic spell even if it has 1000000 mythic power needed to augment it.

The question is: Does Mythic spellpower allow you to cast the mythic spell as a spell like ability ignoring any material components just like a Spell like ability would. Or does it simply give you a spell like ability of a pool of magical power that you can sub out instead of Using mythic surges.

Any help would be grateful but please include what ruling or erratas if any apply cause we do like to know the rules.

BowStreetRunner
2014-01-02, 10:34 AM
Could you cite the sources for these abilities? I am guessing these are Pathfinder (if so, you should really add a [PF] to the subject line for clarity's sake) but cannot locate either in the books I have on hand.

Bigbeefie
2014-01-02, 01:06 PM
Could you cite the sources for these abilities? I am guessing these are Pathfinder (if so, you should really add a [PF] to the subject line for clarity's sake) but cannot locate either in the books I have on hand.

It says MYTHIC. I wasn't aware that dnd 3.0-3.5 had a mythic handbook. They had Epic but not mythic.

Yes it is Pathfinder Mythic Adventures.

Sorry for the confusion.

Giarc
2014-01-02, 03:48 PM
But you aren't actually a deity. You grant spells as a deity and can cast domain and subdomain spells as SLA.

As for Mythic Spellpower, only if you actually know the mythic versions of spells you're trying to cast. Since it is an SLA, it does ignore material components.

Hytheter
2014-01-02, 08:11 PM
It only says "You grant access to these domains as if you were a deity." It does not say that you are a deity, or that you are considered one. Therefore, you aren't one. You just grant spells like one.

Mythic Spellpower doesn't say anything about casting as a Spall-Like ability. It just let's you cast mythic spells by spending points from a different pool instead of your Mythic Power. But you still have to cast the spell normally to even make it Mythic. Normally you'd cast say, Fireball, then spend 1 Mythic Power to make it Mythic Fireball. With this, you can nstead cast Fireball and then spend 1 use of Mythic Spellpower to make it Mythic Fireball. But it's still the spell and not a Spell-Like ability.

Bigbeefie
2014-01-02, 10:36 PM
Thanks to you 2 about the Divine Source....Our group has come to the conclusion that the answer is No and matchs with Below.

It only says "You grant access to these domains as if you were a deity." It does not say that you are a deity, or that you are considered one. Therefore, you aren't one. You just grant spells like one.

Mythic Spellpower doesn't say anything about casting as a Spall-Like ability. It just let's you cast mythic spells by spending points from a different pool instead of your Mythic Power. But you still have to cast the spell normally to even make it Mythic. Normally you'd cast say, Fireball, then spend 1 Mythic Power to make it Mythic Fireball. With this, you can nstead cast Fireball and then spend 1 use of Mythic Spellpower to make it Mythic Fireball. But it's still the spell and not a Spell-Like ability.

As far as Mythic spell power we are stuck between the above answer and this

As for Mythic Spellpower, only if you actually know the mythic versions of spells you're trying to cast. Since it is an SLA, it does ignore material components.

We are a 2v2 vote between no and yes.....and hope more of the community will make comment and post rulings on it more so we can come to a more definitive answer.

Hytheter
2014-01-02, 11:06 PM
Mythic Spellpower may be a Spell-Like ability, but there is no indication that the spells cast by it somehow become Spell-Like abilities. Abilities don't do things that they don't say they do.

Mythic Spellpower (sp): You have a pool of magical power you can draw upon for casting mythic spells. Up to twice per day, you can use this power to cast a mythic spell without expending any uses of mythic power. You can select this ability up to three times; each time you do, you gain two additional uses of this ability per day.

Bolded is the only relevant mechanical effect. It does exactly that. It doesn't cast the spell as a Spell-like; if it did it would say so.
Plus, it would negate the point of Mythic Spells that ignore material components as part of their mythic effect such as Mythic Animate Dead.

Bigbeefie
2014-01-03, 12:00 AM
Plus, it would negate the point of Mythic Spells that ignore material components as part of their mythic effect such as Mythic Animate Dead.

I was thinking Mythic Wish and Mythic spell power 3 times for +5 in all stats....much more usable then Mythic Animate dead.

But currently the vote is 3v2 for your ruling on it as of now.

I'm hoping for more as this is for the path of my Archmage Wizard in the Wrath of the Righteous Campaign. So we are very Curious.

Giarc
2014-01-03, 12:18 AM
Well, I was mainly basing my reasoning off of some monsters that have mythic versions of spells as SLAs, though those are really high level ones like demon lords and such.

Bigbeefie
2014-01-04, 11:41 AM
Well, I was mainly basing my reasoning off of some monsters that have mythic versions of spells as SLAs, though those are really high level ones like demon lords and such.

Oh no I agree but we are just taking it to a vote after people weighing in on Mythic spell power. Also other things in tier 3 abilities make casting like a SP ability. Like divine source. Its pretty well split atm.