PDA

View Full Version : Oblong Obscure Feats as class features

GhengisConrad
2014-01-01, 04:11 PM
Any class which grants the following feats as an available bonus feat or otherwise class feature or racial ability or anything/something? We don't do flaws, Dark Chaos Shuffle is generally considered a reason to get arsenic slipped in your drink, and I am short on feats with my build here.

I'm a Half-Minotaur Feral Anthropomorphic Bat

Feats Needed:

Mourning Mutate
Inhuman Reach
MultiAttack
Battle Jump
DeepSpawn
Open Chakra Shoulders

bekeleven
2014-01-01, 04:21 PM
Just take a few levels of human paragon.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-01, 04:45 PM
Just take a few levels of human paragon.

I spent about 5 minutes googling things before I realized you were joking... also, UA is illegal at my table too... (it is all considered 'optional variant rule' and therefor 'not worthy'...)

Can a fighter take multi-attack or battle jump? Seem pretty fighter themed to me... but do they NEED to come from a list to qualify? Or do they just need to be fightery?

OldTrees1
2014-01-01, 04:55 PM
Using your base feats from HD, you can get all of them by 15th level (1,3,6,9,12,15).

I just checked through
Lords of Madness, Unapproachable East and Magic of Incarnum.

Aberrant feats were not listed on a bonus feat list nor mentioned a bonus feat list.

Battle Jump is a Fighter Bonus feat. It has the Fighter tag in UE and the UE feat section clarifies that the Fighter tag means it is on the Fighter bonus feat list.

Soulborns receive a bonus Incarnum feat at 3rd level in that terrible class.

I have not checked for Multiattack yet since there are so many books that it might show up in. However it is not a Fighter bonus feat. (Weird though that may be)

Edit: Checking for Multiattack.
Books I have checked:
Tome of Battle
Complete Warrior
Complete Divine
Complete Champion
Complete Adventurer
Complete Scoundrel
Savage Species

I did not find a bonus feat list that included Multiattack within those books. It might not be on a list.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-01, 05:23 PM
Thank you SO much!

This brings my new 'catapault' build to this:

Anthropomorphicic Bat
1) Feral / 0
2) Half Minotaur / 0
3) Fighter / 1 / Battle Jump/ Mourning Mutate
4) Barbarian / 1 / Pounce
5) Totemist / 0 / Inhuman Reach
6) Totemist / 1 /
7) SwordSage / 0 /
8) Swordsage / 1 / MultiAttack
9) Umbral Disciple / 0
10)Umbral Disciple / 1
11) Umbral Disciple / 1 / DeepSpawn
12)Binder / 0
13)Binder / 1
14)Binder/ 1 / Open Chakra Shoulders
15) Incarnate/ 0
16) Incarnate / 1
17)/ //Shape Soulmeld (Totem Avatar)/ Totem Avatar Shoulder Bind
18)
19)
20)/

----------------------

or maybe I should call it a 'BAT a pault!'!

now if only I could find an official source that confirms the 'unarmed' sword-sage gets improved unarmed strike.....

Grizzled Gryphon
2014-01-01, 11:19 PM
In the ToB, page 20, under Adaptation, it suggests "To create a monklike character with a tremendous array of fantastic moves and strikes, give the
swordsage the monk’s unarmed strike progression and remove his light armor proficiency."

Now, its up to the DM if the Improved Unarmed Strike bonus feat of the monk is part of said progression.

Xuldarinar
2014-01-02, 03:20 AM
Unearthed Arcana. Three classes: Generic Expert, Genetic Spellcaster, Generic Warrior.

Grizzled Gryphon
2014-01-02, 03:43 AM
As posted by the OP:
also, UA is illegal at my table too... (it is all considered 'optional variant rule' and therefor 'not worthy'...)So, no to the above.

Werephilosopher
2014-01-02, 03:51 AM
Fangshields Ranger, from Champions of Valor. If you have more than one natural attack, second level gets you Multiattack instead of a ranger's normal combat style feat.

OldTrees1
2014-01-02, 10:22 AM
Fangshields Ranger, from Champions of Valor. If you have more than one natural attack, second level gets you Multiattack instead of a ranger's normal combat style feat.

It works for a single natural attack too. (Even works for no natural attacks but that gets weird)

GhengisConrad
2014-01-02, 12:03 PM
The whole thing just got me thinking... if you have a monk, but you traded away your flurry of blows in a variant, and had, say, feral's two claw attacks as primary, you could do those two claw attacks with full BAB amount (no iterative, obviously), and then use your unnarmed monk damage (which is technically a natural weapon too) at a -2, just like any other natural weapon... right?

Xervous
2014-01-02, 12:12 PM
I find it amusing that a table is allowing dragon magazine material but banning unearthed arcana.