PDA

View Full Version : Constructs- are breath weapons considered magic?

Magemakeboom
2014-01-01, 05:03 PM
With regards to a constructs immunity to magic, does a creatures breath weapon affect a construct normally or would it be nulled due to their immunity to magic? I am curious since a breath weapon does not function in an area of antimagic. I came across this question last game I ran, and was hoping to find a definite answer.

Flickerdart
2014-01-01, 05:08 PM
With regards to a constructs immunity to magic, does a creatures breath weapon affect a construct normally or would it be nulled due to their immunity to magic? I am curious since a breath weapon does not function in an area of antimagic. I came across this question last game I ran, and was hoping to find a definite answer.

Immunity to magic only affects things that care about spell resistance. Breath weapons don't fall in that category.

OldTrees1
2014-01-01, 05:08 PM
Magic Immunity in 3.5 means SR infinity. Since Breath weapons are not normally subject to SR, they bypass Magic Immunity

Magemakeboom
2014-01-01, 05:15 PM
Fantastic, thanks for the clarification!

KillianHawkeye
2014-01-01, 05:26 PM
For completeness, I'll note that breath weapons are supernatural abilities unless noted otherwise. Supernatural abilities are not subject to spell resistance.