PDA

View Full Version : [BitPR2] Renewed Revolution OOCV

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Dorizzit
2014-01-01, 06:15 PM
"They say that this isn't just a war anymore; it's the war. It's the last one that really matters, and the last one that will ever matter."

~ Anonymous Shinigami trooper, Killed-in-Action by Low-Level Hollow.

50 years ago, following the most ferocious assault on the Seireitei in history, the Menos vanished. Those few not slaughtered retreated back into the wastes of Hueco Mundo, licking their wounds and struck with an unshakeable fear of the Gods of Death. Their sworn enemies routed, the Shinigami slowly relaxed their guards as the final battle gave way to apparent peace, a true victory. Over sized and under worked, the Gotei 13 diminished to the Gotei 6 as the threat of the Menos seemed ever more distant every day. Many of the older captains left for retirement or were called to Squad Zero, as their presence was no longer required.

Then, the Menos struck again.

Under the command of a new, more patient leader, the Menos raised a great city, Las Noches, from the sands of Hueco Mundo, building their strength. For fifty years, they watched. Waited. Prepared. And when the time came, they struck. The forces of Las Noches ravaged the Outer Districts of the Rukongai, slaughtering their inhabitants and annihilating the Shinigami forces sent to stop them. Caught unawares against the mightiest army sent against them in more than a millennium, the Shinigami found themselves on the losing end of a vicious war.

And yet, the Menos themselves were not so united as they seemed. On the precipice of victory, Dainichi Nyoria, the Hollow King, was struck down by his foremost warrior, the Primera Espada Jehoel Yurius, and the war was pulled to a sudden halt. The Espada, now the ruling council of Las Noches, offered the Seireitei an unprecedented deal: peace in exchange for cooperation and recognition. Baffled, but with few other viable options, the Shinigami accepted the truce offered by Las Noches, and the Gotei has begun working with the Armada in order to purify spirits when possible and capture the resulting Hollows for rehabilitation when not. Despite concerns from both sides, the arrangement has thus far proven highly effective.

Yet, all is not well.

In the Seireitei, the former Captain Commander revealed herself to be an insane being of godlike power, claiming her identity as Izanami, one of the founders of the Seireitei...and the first Hollow. After her latest outburst she has remained dormant for weeks in her creation, the artificial arm of Hiraku Masaru, but it is only a matter of time before she acts once more.

The Mortal World, too, has its share of troubles. The Cult of the First Hollow King is rising in power; the Court is nearly freed in its entirety, and only the King himself remains in captivity. Any attempt to combat the Cult has been a dismal failure, and they have eluded capture or defeat by both the Shinigami and the Armada despite staging a daring attack on the Seireitei itself. The King's freedom seems inevitable; and from there, only the Cult itself knows what is to come.

The Quincy, too, stand divided. While they know not the details, the existence of the Shinigami-Arrancar alliance is becoming obviously clear to the various houses, and all have a different idea of how to proceed. After a daring assassination by the scheming Moto clan, the Akiyama clan has been decapitated and weakened, removing the restraining bolt that has kept the Quincy clans peaceful. Der Zerreißen Himmel Entwicklung, a violent human supremacist group, has arisen to prominence. At the same time, the resilient Anderson clan has entered into the alliance with Las Noches and the Seireitei, and Civil War has been all but declared. Although vastly outnumbered, the Andersons possess the backing of both the Armada and the Court Guard squads, along with an ace: the Seichten Streiks, a prototype bow allowing them to purify their enemies.

Mikael Esaja Rautiainen, perhaps the most powerful Medium in history, has gone to Las Noches. The actions of the disillusioned medium remain to be seen, but when he acts...the world will be forced to answer in turn.

Finally, the city of Ikari has become an astonishing cluster of promising Mediums. And they might just change the course of history...if they can survive the endless assaults of Alpha-1, the Quincy superweapon that has taken control of their friend.
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Welcome to BiTP:R2. This is a bit different, because we keep dying due to lack of action, lack of conflict, et cetera.

A few things before we begin.

You may be:

A Shinigami.
A Hollow.
A spiritually powered mortal.

Here is an example of a low-powered foot soldier.

John Smith

Height: Average.
Weight: Average.
Side: Seireitei.

Appearance

The most generic of everymen.

Personality:
As generic as generic can get.

Abilities:

John is handy with a pike, and has some talent with Kido. Overall, he's pretty average.

[Write a bunch of stuff your character can do here. The more specific the better!]

Race Specific Add-ons:
Shinigami

Zanpakuto:

Example

Name: Muramasa

Release Command: "March, Muramasa!"

Appearance: An average sized katana, with a blade as black as the night sky. It faintly glints in the moonlight.

Shikai:

Appearance: The blade does not change, but the wielder gains a spectral cloak that floats around him/her.

Abilities: The wielder can now control up to eight nearby dead bodies, manipulating them to his/her will. The bodies retain full use of their abilities from life, and only stop when the wielder releases them from their tormented awakening.

Bankai: <NOTE: Most likely not applicable for anyone, even captains. You're a wartime Captain, a rapid promotion who has no real experience.>

Appearance:

Abilities:

Arrancar:

Zanpakuto:

Example

Name: Carpe Jugulum

Release Command: "Strike, Carpe Jugulum!"

Appearance: A small but sinister looking dagger.

Resurreccion:
[spoiler]
Appearance: The wielder is covered in armor, his/her eyes only barely visible beneath their new, three horned mask. They grow to a massive size, and their hands and feet can now work in unison in order to strike an opponent.

Abilities: The wielder has an exceedingly keen eye, able to strike with uncanny accuracy. They most often focus on the throat.

Segunda Etapa: <NOTE: Rare Rare Rare. Very few people can have this, unless they justify it really well.>

Appearance:

Abilities:

Da Rules:

Firstly, no godmodding (or godmoding). A far better explanation of godmodding than I can give is here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1633965&postcount=5)
Second, please remember that we plan to have a far more directed plot than Nexus. Please run any major spanners in the works past guys on this thread first.
Third, don't ruin anyone else's fun. I can't stress this enough.
Fourth, have fun!

New and Improved (but loose) Rules v.1.1!
These "rules" are more loose guidelines that serve another FFRPG very well so I adopted them into this one, because they work.

Consider asking to join in fights before jumping in.
Please respect that all plots might not be open. Alternatively, if you yourself want to keep a fight cordoned off from other participants, say so in the OOC, at the beginning of your post, or both.
TALK major fights over with your opponent!
This is to keep arguments about who's the better fighter, who should win, blablablablabla, out of the OOC. Of course, talk these things over in PM, or some kind of IM service. While arguments might break out over said PM/IM... It keeps it out of the OOC. Which is what we're trying to do here. On that note...
Don't argue in the OOC!
They make the atmosphere oppressive, they make things less fun, and generally unpleasant and maybe even make the arguments larger than they need be. So, if you have a problem with someone, try to talk it out in PM or IM before using the OOC.

These guidelines/loose rules might be viable to change or be added on to as issues come up, but the bases are covered pretty well.
Shamelessly stolen from the Railgun OOC write-up, which you should all go check out and play.

Important Links
•OOC Thread 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=252085)
•IC Thread (Spirit World) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287823), (Mortal World) (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=287821)
•Character Registry (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=255986)

Episodes:
Episode 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290965)
Episode 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=296046)
Episode 3 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=310986)
Episode 4 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313629)
Episode 5 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=319407)
Episode 6 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?330387-BitPR2-Extra-Episode-6-The-only-one-who-waits)
Episode 7 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?334101-BITPR2-Extra-Episode-7-Colors-Unseen)
Episode 8 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?343746-BitPR2-Extra-Episode-8-Hot-and-Cold&p=17348395#post17348395)
Episode 9 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?344008-BitP-R2-Side-episode-Atomic-Heart&p=17356965#post17356965)
Episode 10 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?345313-BitPR2-Extra-Episode-10-Trial-By-Storm)

Gaiden
Gaiden Episode 1 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290710)
Gaiden Episode 2 (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=290972)

KnightDisciple
2014-01-01, 07:34 PM
As soon as they leave the temple there Chuck is quadruple-timing it home and priority-calling his Clan, because this is WAY above his pay grade. :smalleek:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-01, 10:51 PM
"We have direct lines with some Quincy representatives, you know."

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-02, 09:03 AM
OK, so the first day of Satoshi's training is done...Should we move ahead to the next day, or is there anything else to take care of before commencing any time-skipping tomfoolery?

Kuroimaken
2014-01-02, 09:17 AM
We can take Satoshi's training to the background, or else we will basically be going back and forth posing about how he feels like crap for being a crash test dummy for submission techniques.

So, with that in mind: what do you want to do when Satoshi's not being taken apart and put back together like he's made of Lego?

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-02, 09:41 AM
OK, that works for me. As for what happens next, I'm assuming his skills will be assessed after the two weeks are up, which will determine whether or not he'll be fit for Operation Suikoden. If you'd rather skip that as well, we could discuss his insertion directly into the operation and what scenarios he'll be run through.

KnightDisciple
2014-01-02, 11:00 AM
At the risk of sounding...hopelessly detached from reality, that's racist.

Boy his ears would be burning if he knew some of what Chuck had said earlier! :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-02, 11:29 AM
OK, that works for me. As for what happens next, I'm assuming his skills will be assessed after the two weeks are up, which will determine whether or not he'll be fit for Operation Suikoden. If you'd rather skip that as well, we could discuss his insertion directly into the operation and what scenarios he'll be run through.

He will actually also be drilled on his knowledge regarding Rukon. Barring census, part of the reason he's been handpicked is because they need some actual current information.

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-02, 11:39 AM
He will actually also be drilled on his knowledge regarding Rukon. Barring census, part of the reason he's been handpicked is because they need some actual current information.
OK, sounds solid. Just remember that it'll have been a while since he's been home, since he only gets a couple chances a year to visit his folks.

Unless you have any objections, I think it'd be easier to get things started if you lead us off.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-02, 11:45 AM
I'm trying to figure the best way to go about it.

Anyone wants to chime in?

Demidos
2014-01-02, 03:48 PM
@Dorizzit: Less complaint, more utter surprise. How do you justify the destruction of souls though? I always thought that was the main sticking point. :smallconfused:

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-02, 03:50 PM
Jehoel isn't even trying, as far as I can see. :smallamused:

Draken
2014-01-02, 03:57 PM
I am pretty positive that destruction of souls is only really a problem when a lot of quincy get their hollow bait and start chain-gunning down mobs of hollows on an industrial scale.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-02, 04:06 PM
Well, that depends on whether you only care of the balance, or if the invidual souls matter too. :smallamused:

Dorizzit
2014-01-02, 04:12 PM
As Draken said, with regulation the destruction of Hollow souls done by Quincies does not threaten the Mortal World. For the moment, however, just getting everyone on the same side is the primary goal. Regardless of whether or not anyone condones the destruction of souls, the Quincies aren't going to stop.

KnightDisciple
2014-01-02, 04:16 PM
Honestly, this arrangement Jehoel proposes could end up being just what the (currently NPC'ed) Akiyama want, as well as most of the Andersons. Not only does it reduce workload, it may well end up giving them the chance to actually purify with their arrows, instead of destroy. Jehoel's right that this whole thing could well end up radically changing the world for the better.

Which is why the Cult, the Winchester Clan, and the other less "understanding" Quincy are great to have around. :smallamused:

I'm thinking the Anderson Clan is going to have Chuck take on the License as a temporary thing, but request more thorough negotiation, and insist on Shinigami presence at all such negotiations.

Of course, in the midst of this confusion it might be the perfect time for strawberryman's assassin to strike!

Really this opens up so many delightful possibilities. :smallbiggrin:

Dorizzit
2014-01-02, 04:32 PM
I aim to please.

Demidos
2014-01-03, 07:25 PM
Hey guys. So. You may remember my having mentioned concerns with school before. After the disaster that last semester turned out to be, I think I need to to refocus my time off the internet, so i'll be cutting most of my websites when I go back in a couple weeks. I'm sorry about that, especially as it will leave Las Noches with a horrible dearth of active players, but last semester cannot be repeated. Anyway, sorry about the suddenness, but I figured I should give two-week notice. Till then though, lets see what mischief we can stir up! :smallsmile:

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-03, 07:56 PM
Erm, I'm still a bit stuck...Kuro, have you come up with any ideas for the next scene regarding Operation Suikoden?

Kuroimaken
2014-01-03, 08:12 PM
Not yet, sorry.

Satoshi doesn't need to interact strictly within his division, mind. Anyone is welcome to come out and have a chat with him!

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-03, 08:36 PM
Maybe so, but he's a noob, and noobs usually get picked on or ridiculed in some fashion.

...Actually, that's not such a bad idea. It might give him a chance to practice his new submission techniques.

Tebryn
2014-01-03, 08:39 PM
Hey guys. So. You may remember my having mentioned concerns with school before. After the disaster that last semester turned out to be, I think I need to to refocus my time off the internet, so i'll be cutting most of my websites when I go back in a couple weeks. I'm sorry about that, especially as it will leave Las Noches with a horrible dearth of active players, but last semester cannot be repeated. Anyway, sorry about the suddenness, but I figured I should give two-week notice. Till then though, lets see what mischief we can stir up! :smallsmile:

GL in school Demidos!

Dorizzit
2014-01-04, 07:10 PM

Good luck in school, and thank you for the warning.

Also, as a side note for the Mortal World, Jehoel would have left a License behind for Katsuo to take if he was interested.

TherianTheorist
2014-01-04, 08:31 PM
Posting for the subscription / Contemplating starting a scene when/if things die down in the IC.

Draken
2014-01-04, 09:13 PM
Posting for the subscription / Contemplating starting a scene when/if things die down in the IC.

You really should try to join one of the unfolding plotlines.

Tebryn
2014-01-04, 09:14 PM
You really should try to join one of the unfolding plotlines.

Perhaps giving a list would help?

Draken
2014-01-04, 09:22 PM
Perhaps giving a list would help?

Hmm... Let me see... He has... Two characters and two character ideas. His mortal world kid could probably go to Naito right now, since they are in the same club I believe? Or close enough at any rate.

His Numero... Also Dorizzit's problem on the "how can this character do anything" front.

The character ideas are. Well. Ideas.

Dorizzit
2014-01-04, 09:28 PM
Hmm... Let me see... He has... Two characters and two character ideas. His mortal world kid could probably go to Naito right now, since they are in the same club I believe? Or close enough at any rate.

The kendo club and Naito's martial arts conglomerate have been noted to be separate but affiliated. A reason for interaction, however, could be handwaved. More importantly, Naito isn't going back to school today.

His Numero... Also Dorizzit's problem on the "how can this character do anything" front.

...?

Draken
2014-01-04, 09:36 PM
The kendo club and Naito's martial arts conglomerate have been noted to be separate but affiliated. A reason for interaction, however, could be handwaved. More importantly, Naito isn't going back to school today.

...?

I am not handing out assignments or ideas for how to make your own assignments for Las Noches arrancar.

And I guess Naito is, in fact, not going back to school, then, that is fine. Maybe Torahiko could be sent towards different personages by a divergent figure. Yes. We could do that. Now where are T&Strawb Erry and Associates when I need them.

Dorizzit
2014-01-04, 09:53 PM
That is reasonable. In hindsight, I'm not sure why that statement confused me.

Draken
2014-01-04, 09:54 PM
That is reasonable. In hindsight, I'm not sure why that statement confused me.

The chains of commanding need to be tightened around your neck then. :smalltongue:

Dorizzit
2014-01-04, 10:54 PM
This may be my complete lack of prior experience/aptitude in the area showing, then.

Tebryn
2014-01-05, 12:02 AM
New Character submission for review.

Isalda/Nikolina "F" Kummerow

Height: Short.
Weight: "No way, Jose."
Favorite Food: Wiener Schnitzel/Shave Ice.
Side: Quincy (Zerreißen Himmel).
Letter: F
Station: Kaiserlich Rössel
Reiatsu: Feels either very hot, and full of malevolent intent or numbingly cold, devoid of any intent or feeling.
Call her by her first name.

History

Isalda and Nikolina Kummerow are twins. Born into the poorest part of Frankfurt, the earliest parts of the children's lives are a blur of unpleasant memories. They never knew their father, a fling of their mother's who likely never knew of them. Their mother resented the children, but did her best to care for them as long as she was alive. Soon after the twins turned six, they were attacked by a Hollow due to their growing spiritual power. Their mother was killed and eaten almost immediately. Nikolina attempted to protect her sister, but was pushed out of the way and sadistically forced to watch as the Hollow tore her sister in two before her eyes. Pain, fury, and desperation caused the sisters to simultaneously activate their latent powers and obliterate the Hollow where it stood.

Dying, Isalda's spirit fled her body and fused into Nikolina's, creating a single body with both souls of the sisters. This situation has persisted for the rest of their lives; the two take turns controlling the body, a process that is mostly amiable but does cause inevitable conflicts due to the conflicting personalities of the sisters.

Following the awakening of their powers, Nikolina and Isalda lost all interest in the rules and laws of humanity. They took what they wanted to and went where they pleased, perplexing the German police with their strange powers and slaughtering Hollows the whole way. Eventually, the attention they attracted from the law enforcement became too much of an irritation for them to deal with, and they began hopping from country to country, continuing their dangerous lifestyle.

Things would again change years later in Italy, when the twins (completely by coincidence) saved a Belenus strike team from a large group of Hollows. Jumping at the opportunity to possess such power, the Italian Belenus family convinced the twins to join them, offering more money than the twins had ever seen in their lives and the opportunity to live more easily and with greater convenience than they had ever known. The twins proved to be naturals at Quincy skills, and rapidly rose to become the ace of the Italian Belenus family, despite never joining in an official capacity. The twins took well to the self-centered, uncaring philosophy of the Belenus branch family.

Too well, perhaps, as by the time Hans Weisweide began his initial recruitment drive for the Zerreißen Himmel, Isalda jumped at the opportunity for carnage that he represented and Nikolina went along for the ride. Since then, they have remained on call for the day when he would assemble his forces and strike back at the forces of the Spirit World. The day that has, it seems, finally come.

Appearance

As the twins share a body, their two appearances are technically identical. Due to their radical differences in personality, bearing, and fashion, however, it is rarely difficult at all to tell which twin is currently in charge of the body. In its base state, the Kummerow body is short and slender, with pale skin and a moderate if note-worthy figure. Her face is beautiful, but with a hard edge to it that manifests in both individuals. Her black hair flows to her upper back. Finally, regardless of dress, the Kummerow twins carry a large shoulder bag with them at all times, containing a change of clothing for when the other twin takes control.

Isalda generally takes a "less is more" approach to dressing herself. She always dresses as if in the tropics, as her powers leave her in a state of constant overheating. She generally prefers tank tops and shorts regardless of the weather, and rarely wears anything more than practical sandals on her feet. She also generally dresses in bright colors, preferring reds, oranges, and yellows. Isalda is generally quite cheerful and open in appearance, making little effort to restrain herself. She typically wears her hair messily loose or more commonly in a pony tail or pig tails.

Nikolina, by contrast, prefers to dress appropriately to the Siberian tundra. She is almost always seen in a long, flowing overcoat, often matching a thick dress, gloves, boots, and sometimes a hat and scarf as well. She prefers darker colors, like blues, browns, and blacks. Nikolina is much more reserved and much less outwardly emotional than her sister, keeping her face neutral most of the time. She regularly wears her hair restrained but loose, or in a tight braid. Unlike her sister, Nikolina also makes use of cosmetics, although it is difficult to notice due to her skill and tendency towards the subtle.

Personality

Both sisters share two traits. The first is a tremendous loyalty to one another. The sisters love each other dearly, and despite their (frequent) bickering, they will both go out of the way to make the other as happy as possible. Attempts to exploit any splits between the two or take advantage of the shared body will lead to finding a united front. Second is the near sociopathic disregard the sisters possess for anyone other than them. As far as the sisters care, they are the only people in the world that matter, and will lie, steal, and kill without remorse if they deem it necessary. Or want to.

Isalda, the "younger" sister, is aggressive, bold and open. She rarely thinks more than a few days into the future, and her only goal in life seems to be to have as much fun as possible as often as she can. She is also very volatile, possessing a hair-trigger temper, and loves violence and fighting more than almost anything else.

Nikolina, the "elder," is the opposite. Her behavior is much more demure than her sister's, and her emotions are much harder to read; she is polite and unwaveringly formal with everyone who isn't named "Isalda Kummerow." She also detests violence and prefers more sedate pursuits. She generally serves as the voice of reason and practicality to Isalda.

Abilities

High-Level Quincy: the Kummerow twins are both exceptionally skilled Quincies, together possessing high levels of skill in all areas of Quincy ability.
Hirenkyaku: Nikolina is quite skilled in Hirenkyaku; she can move long distances with extreme precision, but she has difficulty making multiple leaps in rapid succession. Isalda, by contrast, is one of the foremost experts of the world on Hirenkyaku, possessing extraordinary skill with it. Her speed, distance, efficiency, and control are all top-notch.
Gintō: Isalda lacks the patience or tactical mind that Gintō requires, causing her to rarely use it. Nikolina, by contrast, typically keeps a number of Gintō vials with her at all times, and regularly incorporates them in her fighting style.
Blut: Each sister specializes in one half of Blut. Isalda has a high degree of skill with Arterie, enhancing her already prodigious skill at offense to horrifying levels. Nikolina is highly skill at Vene, making it very hard to actually injure her in combat. It is very rare to see one of the sisters use the other variant of Blut.

Archery: Nikolina is an exceptionally skilled archer, and is able to launch a large number of shots with terrifying precision from her bow. Isalda, by contrast, has poor accuracy unless she tries harder than she is usually willing to. She makes up for this with her volume of shots, blanketing an area in fire until there is nothing left.

Hand-To-Hand: Isalda is a master of a very aggressive style of hand-to-hand combat, relentlessly and aggressively overwhelming her opponents with raw power and aggression. Nikolina, conversely, is highly skilled with Aikido and Judo, and can easily nullify most attacks or turn her aggressor's force against them.

Seele Schneiders: The sisters carry a number of Seele Schneiders. Isalda likes to use them as blades, which she is highly proficient with, while her sister uses them as arrows and also for some of her Gintō spells.

Bow: Gefroren Blume (Frozen Flower): Nikolina's bow. The twins share a single Quincy cross, a bangle with a flowing, traditionally styled cross worn at the wrist. Nikolina's bow takes the form of an elegantly flowing, solid bow of normal size and weight. Nikolina can channel her unique powers through the bow.

Bow: Brennen Motte (Burning Moth): When Isalda uses the cross, she splits it in half down the middle to form her bow, which takes the form of a pair of pistols. These pistols fire standard projectiles by default, but can also channel Isalda's powers much like Nikolina's.

Vertrauen: Nikolina and Isalda have a very complex dual-mode set of Vertrauen. In its base state, the suit of Vertrauen armor is much lighter and more flexible than most, restricting movement not at all but providing minimal physical protection. In addition, the armor has been modified to naturally absorb Reishi in the air, using it to further increase the power of the user's attacks. When Nikolina is in control, the suit shifts, expending the stored Reishi to make a more complete and solid set of armor that provide a high degree of defense instead.

Kaiserlich Rössel's F: Frostfeuer: A unique ability possessed only by the Kummerow twins. Like most of their other abilities, the power of F comes in two forms depending on the sister in control.
Isalda's Feuer: Isalda can mentally create and control flames with her mind. This is done through a combination of molecular agitation and Reishi manipulation, allowing for fire to be created even in a vacuum or other situations where it should have no fuel to draw upon. The flames created by Isalda are under her absolute control, and burn hotter and more persistently than any natural fire. Once she stops directly controlling it, the flames become more mundane, requiring fuel to continue existing and being put out easier. Isalda can also control existing fire, but does not make it more powerful.
Nikolina's Frost: Nikolina possesses mental command of ice. Like her sister, she creates ice through a combination of molecular enervation and Reishi manipulation. Also like her sister, ice directly controlled by Nikolina is much colder than normal and nearly unbreakable, being roughly comparable to diamond in hardness. Unlike her sister, Nikolina can also reinstall these qualities in ice that she has stopped directly controlling, or instill them in naturally occurring ice.

Vollständig: Nuriel (Fire of God): The Kummerow twins possess an extraordinarily powerful Vollständig. It also comes with severe drawbacks, however, and as such they almost never use it. While in Vollständig, the Kummerow twins gain flowing wings composed of thousands of small Reishi constructs. These constructs are similar in size to hail, and swirl through the area occupied by the wings at an extremely fast rate, making them appear semi-solid. Despite their fragmentary construction, the wings can be used to fly or as a shield, as the constructs cluster together when necessary. In addition, they also manifest a burning halo of fire over their head.

While in Vollständig, the Kummerow twins have their soul forcibly merged into a single entity. This irreconcilable conflict of personalities causes the resulting fusion, which the twins appropriately refer to as "Nuriel," to be nearly mindless, singularly focused on the destruction of the twin's enemies without concern for friends or collateral damage. A side effect of this mindless state is that once the Vollständig has been started, Nuriel will not stop destroying until it runs out of energy, going after innocents or even allies once all enemies have been killed.

Like their souls, the powers of the twins are also merged in Vollständig, creating an entirely different effect. Nuriel can explosively deconstruct anything it touches, reducing the contacted area and a large part of the structure it was attached to into dust and shrapnel. This ability is less effective on flesh than inanimate objects, but a single touch is still going to be fatal under most circumstances. Nuriel can also fire blasts of destructive energy from its hands, but these blasts lack the raw power and indefensibility of Nuriel's hands.

Didn't get to comment on this from being out of town. Looks good to me.

KnightDisciple
2014-01-05, 12:08 AM
Tebryn, as the head guy for the Zerreißen Himmel, what do you think of the idea that one of the final straws on the camel's back for your guys going "WAR TIME NOW THANKS" is "Those crazy Australians are signing a treaty not only with the Shinigami, but with human-looking Hollows"?

Dorizzit
2014-01-05, 12:19 AM
Didn't get to comment on this from being out of town. Looks good to me.

Ah. Excellent.

Tebryn
2014-01-05, 12:26 AM
Tebryn, as the head guy for the Zerreißen Himmel, what do you think of the idea that one of the final straws on the camel's back for your guys going "WAR TIME NOW THANKS" is "Those crazy Australians are signing a treaty not only with the Shinigami, but with human-looking Hollows"?

I think the straw that broke the camel's back was the alliance between the Shinigami and the Arrancar. Hein certainly wasn't a fan of the Shinigami to begin with from the start of his life to present day but the fact that they've somehow decided to ally with his most hated enemies? That's the end of the line in his mind. The fact that some Quincy are signing treaties simply means that what Hein has feared for years is true. That the cowardly Quincy Clans have finally dropped all pretense and simply become dogs to the Spirit World, rolled over and given up. The ties between the Scion of the Weiswiede family and which ever clans sign the treaty are probably beyond strained, perhaps even totally cut off and any envoy to try to appeal to the aging mad man won't be coming home.

Ah. Excellent.

:smallsmile:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-05, 01:05 AM
Speaking of confusion, somebody remind me to take Hasunaga out of the freaking limbo and give him some direction since being pushed in and out of the Void like that.

Not that I don't like the way it turned out - things probably wouldn't have been much different anyway - but we kinda missed a perfectly good opportunity for character development, or at the very least character building, as far as the old teacher is concerned, and kinda made him out to be a bit more incompetent than I'm comfortable with.

I get that it was for the sake of PLAWT, but still.

Tebryn
2014-01-05, 03:04 AM

Sorry to re-quote this but something came to mind here and I felt just editing it into the previous post might be overlooked.

Keep in mind, Hein has up to the literal announcement of the Zerreißen Himmel not been a raving war hawk looking for an excuse to plunge the Quincy into a civil war and the world into a battle ground with the forces of the Spirit World. In the ramp up of Quincy inner strife he's been a pacifist arguing for non-aggression and mending ties to create a more solid Quincy organization. That's including non-aggression with the Shinigami who murdered his entire family right before his eyes while he hid under the floor boards. That's not to say he hasn't been highly critical of his Quincy cousins scattered around the world or the Shinigami who he has never been shy about saying he resents and holds a grudge against. Hein has been for all intents and purposes the Grand Dad you keep in the home because he doesn't remember your last visit and yells about how you've forgotten him or says the occasional racial slur. That's changed. As I pointed out in the previous post it's changed solely on the alliance between the Arrancar and the Shinigami. It's been swift, sudden and totally out of the blue. Which only seems to lend credence that ol'Hein has finally lost it. Zerreißen Himmel may not even seem a credible threat. Just the last raving lunatics from an otherwise highly decorated but mentally dwindling old fart.

The only person, by any respect, that would know that he's always been a hate filled and vengeful monster who has been planning a war with the Shinigami since the day he was able to fire his own bow is Niklaus and maybe some of the Kaiserlich Rössel who were part of what ever Hein had in the works before Der Zerreißen Himmel Entwicklung but that's a fairly small number and no one has made a character that goes back that far.

Dorizzit
2014-01-05, 11:48 AM
In that case, I need to change the Kummerow twins' backstory a bit, since as it stands they joined him before the Quincy world at large knew he had snapped but because of his violent tendencies.

Would it work for you if Hein had scouted the Twins before they had any official capacity with the Quincies and recruited them then as a kind of "sleeper agent?"

Tebryn
2014-01-05, 02:53 PM
In that case, I need to change the Kummerow twins' backstory a bit, since as it stands they joined him before the Quincy world at large knew he had snapped but because of his violent tendencies.

Would it work for you if Hein had scouted the Twins before they had any official capacity with the Quincies and recruited them then as a kind of "sleeper agent?"

That works perfectly fine, makes total sense.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-05, 03:56 PM
Waiting for Mahonri Violinist in both Mortal World (Valentina) and Spirit World (Caeyrn). Also a note, Hoshi, Caeyrn and Tsubame are kinda just standing in the wide open there. I find it uncharasteristic of our player base when half of all Shinigami don't pounce on intruders. :smalltongue:

I'm also waiting for either Demidos or Berry to move Momoka and Igarashi to HQ front door. (We don't really need to RP the Ministry's inspection.)

Draken
2014-01-05, 04:02 PM
Waiting for Mahonri Violinist in both Mortal World (Valentina) and Spirit World (Caeyrn). Also a note, Hoshi, Caeyrn and Tsubame are kinda just standing in the wide open there. I find it uncharasteristic of our player base when half of all Shinigami don't pounce on intruders. :smalltongue:

I'm also waiting for either Demidos or Berry to move Momoka and Igarashi to HQ front door. (We don't really need to RP the Ministry's inspection.)

I am gonna have Hideki deal with them.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-05, 04:12 PM
By himself? Clearly something is kooky!

Draken
2014-01-05, 04:17 PM
By himself? Clearly something is kooky!

Don't be silly. Hideki is obviously going to communicate remotely.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-05, 04:33 PM
Says the guy who splattered Alexandra's brains all over the walls.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-05, 04:38 PM
Well, bullets are remote, and to certain extent they pass as communication.

Demidos
2014-01-05, 04:42 PM
Posted, Frozen :smallbiggrin:

No idea what Momoka wants to say, so feel free to engage in conversation and we can do the other one retroactively, or wait, your choice.

Also, a probable dismal failure at some vague attempt at something possibly resembling philosophical commentary from Tinja. What can I say? Science major who is terrible at explaining arguments. :smalltongue:

Draken
2014-01-05, 04:48 PM
Says the guy who splattered Alexandra's brains all over the walls.

It was a warning shot.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-05, 04:53 PM
"Remind me to pick up a bulletproof suit of armor to hang around this guy."

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-08, 11:13 AM
It's been a few days with no response to my open-ended post in the Spirit World thread (and it was really open-ended, too). Is anyone currently available to run into Satoshi or vice-versa, or should I make up an expository scene of some kind?

Tebryn
2014-01-08, 03:46 PM
It's been a few days with no response to my open-ended post in the Spirit World thread (and it was really open-ended, too). Is anyone currently available to run into Satoshi or vice-versa, or should I make up an expository scene of some kind?

The game tends to be slow moving, especially during the holidays. Give it some time.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-08, 04:05 PM
I was still considering charging my defibrilator though.

5a Violista
2014-01-09, 12:28 AM

I just accidentally replied to your post IC before reading this one OoC, so...scene go!

Also, sorry everyone for holding people up.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-09, 09:36 AM
Edited in Hoshi's reply. She's charming as ever.

Dorizzit
2014-01-09, 10:01 AM
AnimeKid, if you want Tamaki to be part of the Las Noches trip, now would be the time for him to show up.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-09, 03:54 PM
Speaking of confusion, somebody remind me to take Hasunaga out of the freaking limbo and give him some direction since being pushed in and out of the Void like that.

Not that I don't like the way it turned out - things probably wouldn't have been much different anyway - but we kinda missed a perfectly good opportunity for character development, or at the very least character building, as far as the old teacher is concerned, and kinda made him out to be a bit more incompetent than I'm comfortable with.

I get that it was for the sake of PLAWT, but still.

No comment on this, then?

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-09, 08:22 PM
I'd say Hasunaga arriving back at his house and hearing what Kumarin has to say, then hurrying either after Mikael or to help the kids only to realize how late he is, would work well in every respect. Yes, he might end up feeling or looking incompetent, but that's just normal considering he was blindsided by Alex, a fifth party he didn't even know of. :smallwink:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-10, 06:47 AM
And what makes you think he needs to actually go home, when he has a freaking cell phone?

Stop trying to give Mikael plausible means to slip Hasunaga's hawk-eyedness! :smalltongue:

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-10, 08:48 AM
I didn't say he needs to go there. But I admit that I didn't think of the possibility of him calling his bear rug. :smalltongue:

Besides, Mikael really hasn't escaped his attention; he did meet him when he was chasing for Alice, and Kumarin caught him leaving his house. Hasunaga's just been a bit preoccupied to act much on that information. :smallwink:

AnimeKid
2014-01-13, 03:11 PM
Sorry about the not posting for a while guys. Was kinda busy playing the sh*t out of the new games I got for Christmas. I tried to check in every few days, I just never got around to posting unless I was poked. So how have things progressed? Should I go ahead and have Tamaki head over to where Mikael is? Has operation clean up Rukon gone into effect yet?

P.S: Oh my god I love Tales of Xillia and there is a sequel coming out this year!:smallbiggrin:

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-13, 03:17 PM
The operation in Rukon is dependent on YOU. Li has already given all the orders, now make your characters go and kill bandits, or something. :smalltongue: Masaru will probably remember Najeiru with a letter somewhere down the line.

Naito is safe, and Tamaki is free to wherever. He could've maybe followed Jehoel to Mikael & Co. That works if you want to get him to Las Noches.

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-13, 03:36 PM
Sorry about the not posting for a while guys. Was kinda busy playing the sh*t out of the new games I got for Christmas. I tried to check in every few days, I just never got around to posting unless I was poked. So how have things progressed? Should I go ahead and have Tamaki head over to where Mikael is? Has operation clean up Rukon gone into effect yet?

P.S: Oh my god I love Tales of Xillia and there is a sequel coming out this year!:smallbiggrin:
"Operation clean up Rukon"...Kuro, this wouldn't happen to be the same op as "Operation Suikoden", would it?

AnimeKid
2014-01-13, 03:45 PM
The operation in Rukon is dependent on YOU. Li has already given all the orders, now make your characters go and kill bandits, or something. :smalltongue: Masaru will probably remember Najeiru with a letter somewhere down the line.

Naito is safe, and Tamaki is free to wherever. He could've maybe followed Jehoel to Mikael & Co. That works if you want to get him to Las Noches.

Ah, I thought Setsurou was the one who was ultimately 'in charge' of the operation because of the fact that he was the one who knew the most about it since he got it from Masaru.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-13, 04:08 PM
Not really. Li just wante Setsurou to tell everything he knew to Najeiru. Though I expect he will meddle like crazy.

KnightDisciple
2014-01-13, 04:31 PM
Meanwhile Masaru is stuck waiting for Terry to post. Again. :smallsigh:

And people are already either forgetting or mis-interpreting part of Masaru's idea and plan. :smallsigh:

Anyways, I'll try to get something up with Chuck and Thomas later on today.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-13, 06:17 PM
Operation Suikoden is not yet in effect, considering most of the guys are still getting trained for it.

Why, you got volunteers for Urameshi's class? :smallamused:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-13, 06:32 PM
Meanwhile Masaru is stuck waiting for Terry to post. Again. :smallsigh:

And people are already either forgetting or mis-interpreting part of Masaru's idea and plan. :smallsigh:

Anyways, I'll try to get something up with Chuck and Thomas later on today.

For what it's worth, I'm really trying to keep the "train the militia" part and parcel of the operation...

Draken
2014-01-13, 08:30 PM
So Froze. I kind of delegate the faceless goons of Seireitei to you, so I am pushing on you to keep the thing in the Senkaimon moving.

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-14, 09:46 AM
Operation Suikoden is not yet in effect, considering most of the guys are still getting trained for it.

Why, you got volunteers for Urameshi's class? :smallamused:
No...but I wanted to determine whether or not the two ops are one and the same, for clarity's sake. It seems obvious now, though, that they are two separate operations.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-14, 10:47 AM
Actually, they ARE one and the same.

This is part of Setsurou's meddling in action. :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2014-01-14, 08:52 PM
Draken, will one of us temp-NPC Sora, or will we need to wait for Terry?

Draken
2014-01-14, 08:56 PM
Draken, will one of us temp-NPC Sora, or will we need to wait for Terry?

I am poking Terry on Steam, apparently he screwed up his sleep schedule and has been zombie-ing around.

Neknoh
2014-01-15, 02:53 PM
Soon as I read that character submission Dorrizzt, I could tell things would never be quite... lax in between Gabrielle and Nikolina, I have no idea why, I think it could be partly because of a lot of similarities.

Although I doubt I'll keep Gabrielle openly or even oftenly hostile =)

Dorizzit
2014-01-15, 11:16 PM
Perhaps because Nikolina and Isalda are, in a lot of ways, evil parallels to Gabrielle. Which is funny, since they work for the same side. Their motivations and backstories are totally different, but have delivered them to a similar place. It will be interesting to see how they interact.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-16, 07:14 AM
For the record, one of the reasons Hasunaga is so pissed is because Mikael left without so much as letting him know when or where he was going to meet. And also because he happens to be in double female company when Hasunaga sees him next.

It kind of really screams "van with candy in the back" to the old man. :smalltongue:

Mina Kobold
2014-01-16, 09:42 AM
Now I'm kind of tempted to have Rin be offended by that notion, especially since Mikael apparently looks younger than her without the bandages. He's entirely correct in stating that Rin doesn't know a thing about what's going on, but still. :smalltongue:

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-16, 10:31 AM
Now I'm kind of tempted to have Rin be offended by that notion, especially since Mikael apparently looks younger than her without the bandages.

This is part of the reason why Mikael has been so snarky. He knows he looks horrible and consequently people are more likely to be afraid and doubtful of him. He also knows it's not how he usually looks like, and that all of his encounters so far would've panned out very differently if he'd been uninjured. :smallwink:

EDIT: Aaaaand now Koutarou and Setsurou have their bones. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-16, 05:41 PM
KD, Dorizzit, how much do you mind if Shinji shows up anyway? :smalltongue:

Dorizzit
2014-01-16, 05:43 PM
I don't care, seeing as he has a reasonable reason for showing up.

KnightDisciple
2014-01-16, 05:49 PM
"Also, it's only sexual harassment if I mean it." That's terrible logic and Setsurou should feel bad for using it. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-16, 06:24 PM
He's not being logical, he's role-playing. :smalltongue:

EDIT: Also, the only thing remotely resembling harassment he did was call her 'sugar lips'. And even that's hard to stick, considering the way he's acting now.

Mina Kobold
2014-01-17, 06:38 AM
This might just be me, but is Tamaki replying as if Hasunaga was talking to him, AnimeKid? I'm asking because Hasunaga seems to be talking to Mikael only in the post before it, which is the only Hasunaga post since Tamaki appeared. Sorry if I missed something. ^_^'

AnimeKid
2014-01-17, 09:20 AM
I assumed he was talking to Tamaki. Mostly because he had stated before he wouldn't try to stop Mikael by force as it was his decision. Plus it would be pretty dang presumptuous for him to say that he could knock Mikael out like it's nothing. Especially since he doesn't know what he is capable of. I though that the second part of the post was directed at Tamaki. If not then I'll change it.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-17, 09:53 AM
I assumed he was talking to Tamaki. Mostly because he had stated before he wouldn't try to stop Mikael by force as it was his decision. Plus it would be pretty dang presumptuous for him to say that he could knock Mikael out like it's nothing. Especially since he doesn't know what he is capable of. I though that the second part of the post was directed at Tamaki. If not then I'll change it.

Eh, it makes sense regardless of who Hasunaga intended to adress, though I presume he aimed his words at Mikael. You don't need to change a thing.

It should also be kept in mind that Hasunaga doesn't really have accurate knowledge of what Mikael can do. Even if he did spy on Mikael's and Tamaki's training session, or had Katsuo tell him about it, he wasn't the one who experienced an LSD hallucination a vision of Mikael fighting a Vasto Lorde.

If anything, it would be perfectly in-character for Hasunaga to make that statement. :smallbiggrin:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-17, 12:13 PM
To be fair, neither does Mikael.

I'm gonna work on his new write-up this evening, but I should probably warn you beforehand that this incarnation of pissed-off Hasunaga is a significantly bigger threat than his previous incarnation.

Hence what he'll speak next will probably come as a shock.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-17, 02:21 PM
To be fair, neither does Mikael.

That's what makes it interesting to me, as a player.:smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Man, I need to work on Hoshi's slurs. Does anyone know any catchy derisive nicknames for the Portuguese?

Draken
2014-01-17, 04:53 PM
That's what makes it interesting to me, as a player.:smallbiggrin:

EDIT: Man, I need to work on Hoshi's slurs. Does anyone know any catchy derisive nicknames for the Portuguese?

Best I can think of is making an allusion to the infamous curse of the Braganza royal family and call them misbegotten.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-17, 04:57 PM
"Meh. That's synonymous with bastard and doesn't roll off the tongue quite as good."

KnightDisciple
2014-01-17, 06:02 PM
Just FYI, going to be out pretty much the rest of the night (maybe one very briefly later tonight), probably won't be around at all tomorrow (or if I am it will be late and briefly), and won't be around much Sunday (once again, other than fairly late).

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-17, 06:09 PM
No worries.

By the way, KD, in order to keep the Combat Division plotline moving, I suggest you write up Masaru's letter and post it for AK's/Najeiru's perusal. Letters have this interesting quality of conveying information even when a person is bodily absent, so it won't mess relations between time and space. That way, AK, MV and IS can go around doing things even while Masaru is locked up in meditation. :smallwink:

Neknoh
2014-01-17, 08:03 PM
I'm beginning to wonder just how the trip to Ikari will go :smallwink:
Should we perhaps prepare some delicious tea?

Kuroimaken
2014-01-17, 08:45 PM
Hasunaga's write-up, updated from the previous game.

Name: Hasunaga Heiaki (name first, surname second)
Sex: Male
Eye color: Blue
Hair color: Ordinarily grey, otherwise brown.
Background:
Hasunaga was born in September 12, 1920. He was an ordinary kid with a normal life (with the exception of being orphaned by his mother), until the Japanese decided to invade China. Against his father's wishes, the by then adolescent boy enlisted in the Imperial Army, entranced as he was by patriotic propaganda, in the year 1936.
It is no mystery that war can change a man. When it comes to those who have potential for spiritual awareness, this becomes doubly true. Hasunaga spent the majority of his time in service on the front lines of the campaign to take Shanghai. Almost half a year was spent as the troops from both sides engaged in what was primarily urban hand-to-hand combat. As a result, Shanghai quickly became populated with the angry spirits of the deceased, a truly haunting scenario all its own - and the shock that came with the slow, mounting realization that he had blood on his hands combined with that gruesome setting to awaken his spiritual powers. Shortly after the definite fall of Shanghai, Hasunaga was discharged and sent home, unable to fight anymore from what was essentially incredibly amped-up PTSD.
It was around this time that he first encountered a Hollow. Instinct took over when the body felt threatened. His spirit fought back when his heart had given up on living. Slowly, Hasunaga began to realize the existence of the spiritual word and, for the most part, its intricacies. He also began to realize he wasn't the only one with special abilities. And as tends to happen, he organized his own little motley crew of spirit world do-gooders. Parallel to this second life, he also began to restructure his own, taking up Japanese at the University of Tokyo.
In an attempt to repent for his past as a soldier, Hasunaga took up to exterminating Hollows with extreme prejudice. It was his own personal mission, his one great purpose in life.
As tends to happen with those who only see one thing, he became blind to all else. During a hunt for one particularly dangerous Hollow, his right eye was grievously injured. One of his companions died that day - the rest dispersed after the incident. The very same Hollow was eventually vanquished years later, but Hasunaga's revenge was empty.
Since then, he is known by those in contact with the spirit world to have "retired" from active fighting, spending his days as a "common" Japanese teacher at Ikari High School.
Personality: He's grumpy and grouchy. Has a nasty smoking habit, though no cough. Though he still hates Hollows with a passion, he leaves Soul Society to deal with most of them now. If he finds that other students have powers, he tries to quietly discourage them from going down a path similar to his, and denies any information they might ask for (at least at first). If anyone who may be considered a threat to his students enters the school, he tends to call them aside for a nice chat, during which he makes it clear he doesn't like trouble. His students are the only thing he cherishes, and he will do everything he can to keep them safe. Not surprisingly, he's quite the loner.
Description: Typically, Hasunaga can be seen wearing a simple black suit with matching trousers and tie, as well as black leather shoes, with a white shirt underneath. He wears an eyepatch over his right eye, and has a thick-ish mustache that's as grey as his hair. Though slightly receding, he is not bald. The only thing that deviates from his otherwise entirely normal business suit is what looks like a bandana tied around his left arm.
Powers: Hasunaga has two basic powers. One of them is the ability to summon a suit of oversized "armor" made of concentrated Reiatsu. This suit can either be "worn" or float about freely within a certain radius of him, roughly one hundred and fifty meters in size (if any part of it exceeds this distance, it dissipates; the "suit" can break into separate pieces such as legs, gauntlets etc). However, the most distinctive feature of this power is that it's completely invisible to the naked eye. Each piece as well as the whole suit can be heard, felt, or smelled, but without an extremely acute ability to sense Reiatsu, it cannot be seen. It diverts ambient light around it in such an efficient fashion that its outline is also invisible: Hasunaga is able to effectively turn invisible when donning the armor.
His second power is the ability to "steal" Reiatsu from his enemies for his own purposes by touching them either directly or through the suit. This Reiatsu can be used as "rocket fuel" to increase the speed of the suit, either by individual piece or as a whole, which enables something of a jetpack analog, or fired in blasts of varying speeds and potency from the suit itself. As "fuel", it can be "burnt" either in bursts (allowing rapid, if brusque evasive maneuvers) or in sustained form. His ability to "steal" is limited by two factors, however:

1) Hasunaga can only "steal" a fixed amount of Reiatsu at a time, proportional to the size of his opponent's Reiatsu. "Stealing" more requires prolonged contact. It also does not weaken the target noticeably until a certain amount of it is gone, at which point the target typically realizes the ruse. Said amount tends to vary by opponent.

2) Hasunaga has a "maximum" capacity for Reiatsu. Once he reaches said capacity, he cannot "steal" more until some of it is used (at a minimum, the fixed rate he'd normally "steal" from an opponent). Thus, if an opponent is sufficiently stronger than him, he's unable to "steal" at all (provided his "tank" is full).

The overall strength of the suit is proportional to the amount of Reiatsu Hasunaga has in storage. At full strength, it could probably lift a semi truck with relatively little effort.

The suit actively absorbs energy in pure form as well. Weaponized energy below a certain threshold of power (roughly equivalent to 40-level Hadou) is completely absorbed, and even the power of any blast that overcomes this property is lessened. This ability can be "turned off", but doing so is a conscious effort. It can absorb kinetic energy: though it doesn't do so as efficiently, this basically means the suit is impervious to conventional firearms up to and including personnel-grade ground-to-air missiles. For the purposes of this ability, sufficiently rapid successive impacts to the armor count as a single strike.

Hasunaga's suit is normally up to the size of a compact car by comparison, but he can make it grow larger. Anything beyond this "compact" size increases the strength and defensive power of the suit relative to its size, as well as the radius its individual pieces can be controlled, but causes it to lose its stealth properties. The suit isn't solid from the inside out; as a construct of Hasunaga's powers, it is entirely controlled by him and cannot suffer structural failures. The old teacher typically enlarges it to one of two sizes, which he affectionally calls "Real Robot" and "Super Robot" sizes. At "Real Robot" size, its absorption rate goes as high as blocking up to level 50 Hadou, while its "Super Robot" equivalent can withstand impacts as astonishing as a level 60 Hadou equivalent (unchanted). "Real Robot" size is up to 20 meters tall. "Super Robot" size is up to 40 meters tall. Naturally, making bigger suits consume more energy than mantaining his usual, human scale suit - and thus are typically only used against threats that require that caliber or scale to match.

His powers also have a rather strange side effect. When first activated, Hasunaga's age visibly regresses. If by the time the suit is dissipated he has a certain amount of Reiatsu left, Hasunaga regresses FURTHER, roughly to fifteen years of age, and remains in that predicament for an amount of time proportional in hours to the amount of Reiatsu left. The upside is that while in this "age" his eye temporarily heals, including the scar it would normally have, so he becomes considerably less conspicuous. Usually, when this happens, he feels incredibly hungry.

While technically more of a strange property than a power itself, it bears mentioning. Hasunaga's body is unable to produce Reiatsu on its own. Instead, it needs to absorb ambient Reishi or convert the food and drink he consumes into Reiatsu. Despite the efficiency of the process, the "rate" remains such that he must consume great amounts of food and drink to mantain fighting shape. As a side-effect to this, Hasunaga needs no sleep. (He may feel tiredness and the need to rest, and can fall unconscious, but he needs no sleep.) His body "works" more like a spiritual body in this regard, despite being very much physical.

His more "mundane" skills include familiarity with firearms, expertise in close-quarters combat, and good observational skills despite the lack of depth perception. Despite having a passing familiarity with explosives, he prefers to avoid them.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-17, 08:58 PM
Finally. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-17, 09:03 PM
No objections to his power-up?

Neknoh
2014-01-17, 09:09 PM
Well, I do have a question.

How does his reiatsu-steal work compared to Reiryuko/Reishi based abillities such as the powers of Quincy? Reiatsu (spirit preassure) is what powers esotheric beings such as Shinigami and Hollows and is also the latent force around them when not controlled, Reiryuko/Reishi (spirit particles) are what esotheric beings and places are made up of, such as shini/hollow-bodies, Soul Society and Hueco Mundo.

TLDR: Quincy manipulate Reishi, Shinigami generate Reiatsu, wholly different things.

EDIT: I know there is a difference between Reiryuko and Reishi, I just can't remember it at the time.

AnimeKid
2014-01-17, 09:21 PM
Um does this mean that Hasunaga will seriously manhandle them into not going to Hueco Mundo? Cause I was looking forward to that.

Neknoh
2014-01-17, 09:24 PM
Perhaps it'll end up with him sending them off/pretty much forcing them into Hueco Mundo?
I have no real clue as to what our more involved players are planning for events regarding Ikari.

Draken
2014-01-17, 09:49 PM

How does his reiatsu-steal work compared to Reiryuko/Reishi based abillities such as the powers of Quincy? Reiatsu (spirit preassure) is what powers esotheric beings such as Shinigami and Hollows and is also the latent force around them when not controlled, Reiryuko/Reishi (spirit particles) are what esotheric beings and places are made up of, such as shini/hollow-bodies, Soul Society and Hueco Mundo.

TLDR: Quincy manipulate Reishi, Shinigami generate Reiatsu, wholly different things.

EDIT: I know there is a difference between Reiryuko and Reishi, I just can't remember it at the time.

Reiryoku: Spiritual Power. The energy that spiritual beings and spiritually active mortals have access to and grants them their unique abilities.

Reiatsu: Spiritual Pressure. Reiatsu is Reiryoku that is "leaking" from a spiritual being.

Reishi: Spiritual Matter. A counterpart to Kishi, which is Mortal Matter (atoms, molecules, etc).

Shinigami and hollows also have the capacity to control ambient reishi. Quincy just make that the focus of their offensive and defensive powers (it is pretty much all telekinesis for the quincy, this was also the basis of Von Geister's original powerset).

Neknoh
2014-01-17, 09:53 PM
That laser grandpa caused us Shinigami no END of pain I'll tell you!

Ty for clearing my misconceptions up, I knew I had them confuddled somehow.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-17, 10:16 PM

Unless their ability to manipulate Reishi is somehow tied to their Reiatsu, then it simply doesn't. He CAN absorb the blasts, however.

Um does this mean that Hasunaga will seriously manhandle them into not going to Hueco Mundo? Cause I was looking forward to that.

It is a distinct possibility. At least in the sense that he's a pretty scary opponent for the kids to go up against at this point, going easy on them or not.

He probably won't go full-power against anyone except MAYBE Mikael, though.

Because that'd be both dangerous and uncalled for.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-17, 10:23 PM
By the by, why DOES Tamaki want to go to Hueco Mundo anyway?

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-17, 10:25 PM
Maybe he is curious, or maybe he is sympathizing with Mikael, or maybe Mikael accidentally left out a few screws when rebuilding him. :smallwink:

Dorizzit
2014-01-17, 10:25 PM
Jehoel may also end up stepping in.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-17, 10:28 PM
I don't think Hasunaga has a snowball's chance in hell against Jehoel.

Doesn't mean he wouldn't try his damn hardest, and he might just surprise the guy, but he's nowhere near being a match.

I do, however, intend to paralyze Jehoel with something more interesting.

AnimeKid
2014-01-17, 10:30 PM
It's mostly to observe the Arrancar and to also see more of the Arrancar. Basically what Setsurou was doing. It would Tamaki's own way of seeing if this could work out, what makes Arrancars tick and such. It's to observe and interact with something/someone that he knows will be a moderating/protective presence. He wants to even more now that he has gotten that license from Jehoel. Not to mention the alliance between the three worlds now.

EDIT: It is also him sympathizing with Mikael.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-17, 10:33 PM
Two worlds. One of them has hardly even accepted, much less united.

As a side note, Setsurou was skilled enough to get the hell out of dodge if he was so much as sensed. He never even entered the city. Not exactly the best comparison.

Especially considering Setsurou was acting in a military capacity at the time. He was doing spy work.

AnimeKid
2014-01-17, 10:44 PM
Huh?:smallconfused: Didn't Jehoel literally lead him around and explain the various districts to him? That whole display of art that one Arrancar showed him? I was pretty sure that wasn't spying unless I really read it wrong.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-17, 11:03 PM
The spying was earlier, before the peace offer. Setsurou got himself trapped in Hueco Mundo for about 50 years.

AnimeKid
2014-01-17, 11:07 PM
Oh, I wasn't talking about that. I was talking about when Setsurou was being led by Jehoel and he was explaining the city to him and how it worked.

5a Violista
2014-01-18, 12:04 AM
Hey, everyone.

Thanks, guys, for poking me. I really appreciate it. (I was only gone for who-knows-how long! Only a couple of major things happened in Real Life.) Anyway, I'll definitely catch up and post.

Have it be something that ends with "dos Santos" 'cause that's a popular last name in Portuguese. Maybe something that hints at them just marching to war and following orders like robots, all exactly the same as the next.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-18, 09:38 AM
Incidentally, for those not in the know, "Santos" is "saints", which is especially ironic considering no shinigami are saints.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-19, 01:58 PM
Edited in Mikael's first impression of Las Noches to my Spirit World post.

Also, Demidos, this would be a good point to write your swan song. :smallwink:

KnightDisciple
2014-01-20, 11:45 AM
No worries.

By the way, KD, in order to keep the Combat Division plotline moving, I suggest you write up Masaru's letter and post it for AK's/Najeiru's perusal. Letters have this interesting quality of conveying information even when a person is bodily absent, so it won't mess relations between time and space. That way, AK, MV and IS can go around doing things even while Masaru is locked up in meditation. :smallwink:

There, done.

The "attached plans and outlines" is basically an excuse for you guys to ask me questions OOC and for you to know IC the answer, because Masaru has more time to sit and think on this 1 thing than I do. :smalltongue:

So no more "we didn't knnnnnooooooowwwwwww" excuses!

Kuroimaken
2014-01-20, 11:58 AM
Huh. Apart from the "giving more knowledge" part I don't really see how this is much different than Setsurou's own work on the subject, but this IS Masaru's pet project.

Anyway, Setsurou is getting started by first training a number of people more thoroughly in actual police methods of restraint so they have a more sizable force to work with (after all, Internal Security DOES have its own job in addition to this task, so more people to help with is not a bad idea). Rukongai is also pretty massive so it'll need a bigger contingent to implement the whole shebang.

Anything wrong with that bit? :smalltongue:

KnightDisciple
2014-01-20, 12:16 PM
Huh. Apart from the "giving more knowledge" part I don't really see how this is much different than Setsurou's own work on the subject, but this IS Masaru's pet project.

Anyway, Setsurou is getting started by first training a number of people more thoroughly in actual police methods of restraint so they have a more sizable force to work with (after all, Internal Security DOES have its own job in addition to this task, so more people to help with is not a bad idea). Rukongai is also pretty massive so it'll need a bigger contingent to implement the whole shebang.

Anything wrong with that bit? :smalltongue:

Nope. Though it's pretty clear Masaru's plan for training is to pick, say, "Rukon 80 North" or whatnot, and try to work solely in that area. The goal is for the training itself to spread, by way of citizens, out among all the Districts in time.

The roving "kill bandits and Hollows" groups should be patrolling everything, mind.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-20, 12:26 PM
Still probably best to organize a contingent beforehand.

strawberryman
2014-01-20, 04:03 PM
Okay, after getting back home and my first week of EMS class, I'm alive. What have I missed?

Kuroimaken
2014-01-20, 04:11 PM
Setsurou proposed to Momoka, that's all.

EDIT: I kid, of course. Mostly waiting on a response to Shinji's question to Katsuo waaaaaaaaaay back.

Also, welcome back.

Neknoh
2014-01-23, 03:11 PM
I have to wonder a bit what we Quincy are doing right now, are we waiting for Hein to make a move?

KnightDisciple
2014-01-23, 04:19 PM
I have to wonder a bit what we Quincy are doing right now, are we waiting for Hein to make a move?

Well, the Anderson Clan Quincies will have reps in-town in a few days to a week, in-game time. I'd like to either explicitly timeskip, or just kind of wibbly-wobbly things along, so it doesn't seem like they arrived same day. They don't have portals after all!
There's lots of stuff I'd like to see happen there.
I know strawberryman was going to try and sow dissent between the Akiyama and Anderson clans. I'm not sure it will work long-term, but it seems like something that would work best if more than just Chuck was in town.
In the meantime the Quincy who are all "PURGE THE UNCLEAN" can have moved their army/task force/combat group/what have you into Japan to begin hostilities, and we can get ourselves a war going on!:smallbiggrin:

Dorizzit
2014-01-23, 04:59 PM
This initial action is likely to go very poorly for the Akiyamas.

KnightDisciple
2014-01-23, 05:06 PM
This initial action is likely to go very poorly for the Akiyamas.

Long term it might cement an alliance between them and the Andersons and the "friendly" Belarus (I think I spelled that right?).

Especially since as things escalate I imagine the Winchester Clan will sign up with the war and hand out guns and so forth.

Dorizzit
2014-01-23, 05:25 PM
We'll see what happens.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-23, 05:29 PM
It's worth noting that while Koutarou is trying his best, he probably needs to clear everything he talked about with Li first.

Which reminds me, I have to post with Setsurou as he looks for Hideki.

Tebryn
2014-01-23, 07:46 PM

I believe so. I'll try to get something up by the end of the weekend, it's been very busy now that the holidays are done.

KnightDisciple
2014-01-23, 07:48 PM
As a note, I've been in communication with horngeek.

I've sent Frozen_Feet a PM with a bunch of Akiyama Clan stuff, but HG said that if anyone's interested in taking up his PCs to play further, they can. If you do and you have questions I can act as a relay.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-24, 01:49 PM
[COLOR="Green"]"Of course he thinks that, because money grows on trees and buildings sprout from spores released at the onset of spring."

The funny thing here is that the above is not outside Zheng Li Lin's ability to implement. Of course, the commander has better things to do than gardening houses.

---

Also, Momoka just got a permission to do something mildly illegal, and this time she isn't even going to be the one to be blamed for it. Where's here overjoyed reaction? :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-24, 04:53 PM
Speaking of, Li can probably feed Seireitei in the absence of the common folk of Rukongai with his Shikai alone.

Koutarou can probably provide the electricity. :smalltongue:

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-24, 05:08 PM
You're just begging for Li to go on a wild rant on why Li doesn't do that. :smallamused:

Kuroimaken
2014-01-24, 07:16 PM
I'm just saying dem Death Gods would make KILLER appliances.

Mabn
2014-01-24, 08:07 PM
thinking I might try this, sample character to be critiqued and then used as a minion wherever useful

Height: 190cm
Weight: 80kg
Station: Arancar

Rethlin has death-white skin and hair, eyes, and tongue that are a solid monochrome dark blue. He has a small hollow hole that goes from the palm of one hand through his body to the palm of his other hand. The remnants of his mask are in two halves in the back of his head that stick out through his hair in 6 twisted horns. His teeth are pointed and his mouth is often slightly open as if he was drinking in and tasting his surroundings. He wears loose pants and a loose shirt the color of his hair. His Reiatsu is hard to detect and feels, if anything like a faint numbness.
Rethlin is a quite but curious individual, obedient but seldom expressive. He seems unnervingly patient and attentive without ever seeming to exert himself. He is fascinated by other people, usually watching them from a distance or occasionally moving alongside them to see something more closely or ask them something.

Rather than emitting Reiatsu he seems to absorb any Reiatsu near to him.
his physical and magical strength is very low but his movements are graceful

Cero: his cero dissipates almost the moment it leaves his fingers. If he charges a cero in his hand he can strike with it to drain a large amount of spirit energy from whatever he touches.
Bala: Similar to his cero he can create bala on his fingertips to use like claws, but they flicker out of existence outside his touch.
Hierro: Rethlin's Hierro is basically negligible
Garganta: Garganta are unusually easy to open for him
Pesquisa: Rethlin has excellent sensory powers
Sonido: Although he can not accelerate to the extent of other Arancar he can use Sonido very fluidly and maintain it well
Regeneration: Rethlin regenerates so quickly it seems like attacks go through him
Negacion: Rethlin never learned to do this because his Resurrección made it seem pointless

name: Meerauge
release command: Meerauge
appearance: An oversized estoc with a basket hilt which Rethlin uses with both hands, moving one hand along the hilt and blade

Rethlin's hair and shirt lengthen considerably, the later becoming a billowing robe, and both float in his Reiatsu like they were inside an underwater current. Blue-green shadows move across his skin like he was underwater, his arms lengthen, his nose becomes two slits, and his feet and hands grow claws

While in this form, areas inside his Reiatsu can suddenly seem to take on immense distances, objects inside them feeling no resistance but seeming to move very little with respect to their surroundings. He can create and hold bala and cero with any hand or foot while in this form.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-24, 09:11 PM
You... may want to add some more detail to this guy. What's his background? Who or what does he work for? Does he have any primary motivations? If so, what are they?

As it is, he looks like a random throwaway. You could slap "Generic Arrancar #X" on his forehead and be done with it.

Mabn
2014-01-24, 09:45 PM
You... may want to add some more detail to this guy. What's his background? Who or what does he work for? Does he have any primary motivations? If so, what are they?

As it is, he looks like a random throwaway. You could slap "Generic Arrancar #X" on his forehead and be done with it.

I didn't want to write a background until he was fine-tuned to make sure things fit together. I'd say he's probably damaged somehow, because something in him's missing. Motivation-wise I think he goes around watching people because he doesn't have anything he really cares about and it's an easy way to pass the time, but he also knows he's incomplete some somehow and he's not sure what is gone. (yeah, I'm not moving away from generic Arrancar x here :smallamused:)

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-24, 10:00 PM
Hmmm, a new, low-ranking Arrancar? I think your timing is near-perfect. I could definitely see Jehoel assigning him to lead Rin or Tamaki around. We'll have to wait for input from those players' characters, but it shouldn't take too long.

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-26, 12:31 PM
Kuro, how go the preparations for Operation Suikoden? Is it about time to have Satoshi finish up his training and ready for deployment?

Neknoh
2014-01-26, 01:54 PM
Oh my, seems as if we have a new Japanese Quincy as well, I wonder where his allegiance will lie

Kuroimaken
2014-01-26, 04:41 PM
Kuro, how go the preparations for Operation Suikoden? Is it about time to have Satoshi finish up his training and ready for deployment?

Operation Suikoden won't, despite the designation, be concluded swiftly. It's actually a mid-to-long-term project for all involved.

Also, Setsurou needs to run some numbers by the Commander before he can actually get it started. And Masaru, too.

Tebryn
2014-01-26, 07:14 PM
Oh my, seems as if we have a new Japanese Quincy as well, I wonder where his allegiance will lie

Seems so, probably not with either faction from the look of things. I hope they post here in the OOC however.

Rain Dragon
2014-01-27, 12:00 AM
Oh, it looks like a few people have found my post just as I lifted the WIP tag from it. :smallredface: I suppose I don't really need to link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16867140&postcount=73) it then...

Just a heads up, 'Jion-kun' may be more appropriate than going straight for referring to him by his first name.

Suikoden? Ah, I really need to read more of the IC thread.

Training and deployment? :smallconfused:

I wonder also... Oh wait it's me. I'm not up to date on all of the story yet. He's a distant relation of the Akiyamas if that helps at all (I'll need to make that a little clearer).

I have read most of the information so far, but haven't read all of it yet. I thought it would take a while for everyone to have a look at my character post.

Seems so, probably not with either faction from the look of things. I hope they post here in the OOC however.

Are these two factions the ones for warring against the shinigami and the ones seeking a truce?

I was going to post here this morning (it seemed the most logical course of action). I just wanted a little time to see if there was any awkward English remaining. Then I ended up being busy today, so didn't get to. Sorry about that!

Draken
2014-01-27, 12:44 AM
Oh, it looks like a few people have found my post just as I lifted the WIP tag from it. :smallredface: I suppose I don't really need to link (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=16867140&postcount=73) it then...

Just a heads up, 'Jion-kun' may be more appropriate than going straight for referring to him by his first name.

Imp has a shinigami named Satoshi. This is all relevant to current events in Soul Society.

I wonder also... Oh wait it's me. I'm not up to date on all of the story yet. He's a distant relation of the Akiyamas if that helps at all (I'll need to make that a little clearer).

I have read most of the information so far, but haven't read all of it yet. I thought it would take a while for everyone to have a look at my character post.

Are these two factions the ones for warring against the shinigami and the ones seeking a truce?

I was going to post here this morning (it seemed the most logical course of action). I just wanted a little time to see if there was any awkward English remaining. Then I ended up being busy today, so didn't get to. Sorry about that!

Technically the war with the shinigami is still going to start, the quincy are more infighting than anything.

Rain Dragon
2014-01-27, 12:52 AM
Imp has a shinigami named Satoshi. This is all relevant to current events in Soul Society.

Technically the war with the shinigami is still going to start, the quincy are more infighting than anything.

Ah, I feel very foolish now. My sincerest apologies (it all makes sense now!). I haven't read the spirit realm IC thread yet.

Mm, that doesn't sound very useful... Infighting is usually a little petty.

KnightDisciple
2014-01-27, 01:54 AM
Ah, I feel very foolish now. My sincerest apologies (it all makes sense now!). I haven't read the spirit realm IC thread yet.

Well, it's more a war between Clans. The scale will exceed "petty", though the reasoning is both "petty" and "a bit insane".

Also, someone not me should make a new Spirit World thread. :smalltongue:

Tebryn
2014-01-27, 02:09 AM

That's the nature of war.

New Spirit World Thread: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=16873295#post16873295

Neknoh
2014-01-27, 04:47 AM
Well, to put it in anime terms, we have the Ishida family being the "kinda good guys, don't bother shinigami, truce is ok I guess."

And on the other hand, we have Bach and the Sternritters coming, with revenge and purging in mind, "The friend of my enemy is my enemy." and "They tried to wipe our clan out a century ago, we will not forgive the traitors." echoing through Hein's head (far as I've understood it).

Tebryn
2014-01-27, 05:06 AM
Well, to put it in anime terms, we have the Ishida family being the "kinda good guys, don't bother shinigami, truce is ok I guess."

And on the other hand, we have Bach and the Sternritters coming, with revenge and purging in mind, "The friend of my enemy is my enemy." and "They tried to wipe our clan out a century ago, we will not forgive the traitors." echoing through Hein's head (far as I've understood it).

Hein is more "We've had enough of being the playthings of the heavens".

Neknoh
2014-01-27, 06:23 AM
Fair enough.
Still wont end well for most involved parties :smallbiggrin:

Tebryn
2014-01-27, 07:16 AM
Fair enough.
Still wont end well for most involved parties :smallbiggrin:

Including Hein and any other member of the Warring Quincy who don't mind letting their characters die. :smallwink:

Neknoh
2014-01-27, 08:02 AM
Aye :smallwink:

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-27, 10:33 AM
Alright, so I'll be standing by on Operation Suikoden, if I understand you correctly...In that case, should we finish up Satoshi's Hakuda training so he can move on to other things?

Actually, now that I think about it...What "other things" would there be for someone in Recon Div. to do...?

Kuroimaken
2014-01-27, 10:42 AM
As it is, while Setsurou and Naijeru have been tasked with making Operation Suikoden work, they've not been given authonomy to initiate it. The way it works is they figure it out, send up a report, and when the higher chain of command says "go", they go. That's partly because that way the higher-ups can analyze the current plan and see if there's anything wrong with it, and if so, it can be addressed.

One of the reasons they've been building up a contingent is so that they can start anytime, and implement changes on the fly. But they still need that all-important command to get started.

And because it didn't occur to Setsurou to ask the SSI for non-lethal weaponry before (what can I say, the guy was trying not to pervert Masaru's idea), now he needs to amend his report to include that possibility. But before that, he has to run it by Naijeru and see how he likes the idea, since he's only working logistics but the actual manpower command belongs to Naijeru; it's about keeping the other half in the loop.

All in all, those are the reasons Operation Suikoden hasn't started yet.

I'd also like to reiterate that Satoshi's on loan for Internal Security now. After he's done with the physical training he'll have to get started on policework and investigation training.

Neknoh
2014-01-27, 10:42 AM
Keep an eye on the hollows, get in a bit too deep and put his nose in somebody elses business by accident, chance a little, little bit of intent?

KnightDisciple
2014-01-27, 10:59 AM
And because it didn't occur to Setsurou to ask the SSI for non-lethal weaponry before (what can I say, the guy was trying not to pervert Masaru's idea), now he needs to amend his report to include that possibility. But before that, he has to run it by Naijeru and see how he likes the idea, since he's only working logistics but the actual manpower command belongs to Naijeru; it's about keeping the other half in the loop.

Pretty sure that if you can make perfectly non-lethal weapons, Masaru would love the idea. He talked about wooden blunt weapons because they're at least somewhat less lethal than swords and spears; a gun that just paralyzes people is even better! :smallwink:

Draken
2014-01-27, 11:31 AM
The Engineering Division and the attached SEnCorp private institution resent that you would think to go for the SSI when they boast the most brilliant designers of personal arms and armor (for all variations of the meaning of "arms").

KnightDisciple
2014-01-27, 12:30 PM
The Engineering Division and the attached SEnCorp private institution resent that you would think to go for the SSI when they boast the most brilliant designers of personal arms and armor (for all variations of the meaning of "arms").
Considering how recent that development was, and how often Masaru has ended up unconscious in the same length of time, we're frankly lucky he remembers the Divisions that he does. :smalltongue:

Draken
2014-01-27, 12:38 PM
Considering how recent that development was, and how often Masaru has ended up unconscious in the same length of time, we're frankly lucky he remembers the Divisions that he does. :smalltongue:

I was talking more about Setsurou.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-27, 05:28 PM
I was talking more about Setsurou.

It kinda applies too, except less "unconscious" and more "too busy acting as a diplomat, errand boy and whatnot".

Also, when I think "Engineering" I think buildings, not weapons and armor... maybe I'm just that weird. :smallconfused:

Neknoh
2014-01-27, 05:58 PM
Anybody remember Masato & Co's entry into Soul Society? From the first BitP? Remember who wrote that?

I'm just tickling you guys a bit :smallbiggrin:

I'm totally not working on something. :smallcool:

Draken
2014-01-27, 09:12 PM
Anybody remember Masato & Co's entry into Soul Society? From the first BitP? Remember who wrote that?

I'm just tickling you guys a bit :smallbiggrin:

I'm totally not working on something. :smallcool:

For the record. Hideki has a gun now.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-28, 10:13 AM
As it is, while Setsurou and Naijeru have been tasked with making Operation Suikoden work, they've not been given authonomy to initiate it. The way it works is they figure it out, send up a report, and when the higher chain of command says "go", they go.

Li already told them to start with the Scarlet Garden and wrote a petition to Central N+1. What more do you want? A kick in the hindquarters? :smalltongue:

What I'm trying to tell you, AK, MV and IS is that you're free to assume the leadership is a-okay with them going to Nicole's old home yard and start doing stuff. You can skip the bureaucracy at your leisure and get to doing stuff. :smallwink:

EDIT: Added Mikael's and Li's parts to my newest Spirit World post.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-28, 01:13 PM
SHENANIGANS, AWAY!

Time to talk Naijeru into field-testing kidou weaponry.

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-28, 01:13 PM
SHENANIGANS, AWAY!
Don't mind me, I'll just quote this real quick.

Neknoh
2014-01-28, 04:46 PM
First part is nearly finished, picking out music. It got away from me a bit and turned out to be somewhat different from originally planned, it's off on "Approval" from the proper people, and then I'll post it, it leaves a lot more room for RP than I expected it to, meaning I can break it up where it is at and post a second half tomorrow or the day after when I've had a bit more time to write.

Here's to hoping it'll be approved.

EDIT:

First part is up, there will be a second one as well which will include boarding, flying and landing, unless we simply RP it all out, but yes, the Weisswiede clan is moving.

Kuroimaken
2014-01-29, 08:10 PM
Um, Imp? You did catch the part where I mentioned Tsuchigumo's NINE FEET TALL, right? You'd need a lot more leverage than Satoshi currently has to pull that kind of throw off...

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-29, 10:34 PM
Um, Imp? You did catch the part where I mentioned Tsuchigumo's NINE FEET TALL, right? You'd need a lot more leverage than Satoshi currently has to pull that kind of throw off...
He wasn't throwing him so much as sending the force of his attack in a different direction, which requires much less effort on the part of the defender. It's not so much about strength and leverage as it is about precisely shifting the direction of the force being exerted.

5a Violista
2014-01-30, 01:28 AM
What I'm trying to tell you, AK, MV and IS is that you're free to assume the leadership is a-okay with them going to Nicole's old home yard and start doing stuff. You can skip the bureaucracy at your leisure and get to doing stuff. :smallwink:

Yes, I need to start doing this.

dot dot dot

The only problem is that I have forgotten the details about what was supposed to be going on out there. Training people and talking to people and...giving out free lollipops for all the children? That's what it was, right?

Kuroimaken
2014-01-30, 06:24 AM
He wasn't throwing him so much as sending the force of his attack in a different direction, which requires much less effort on the part of the defender. It's not so much about strength and leverage as it is about precisely shifting the direction of the force being exerted.

Deflection is one thing, throwing is another. Not sure I had comprehended what you meant for Satoshi to do in your post.

ImpSyndrome
2014-01-30, 08:48 AM
Deflection is one thing, throwing is another. Not sure I had comprehended what you meant for Satoshi to do in your post.
OK, sorry about that. I've added a little more detail near the end to clarify, and I'll try to be more specific about that sort of thing in the future.

KnightDisciple
2014-01-30, 11:24 AM

dot dot dot

The only problem is that I have forgotten the details about what was supposed to be going on out there. Training people and talking to people and...giving out free lollipops for all the children? That's what it was, right?

The basic premise is to help the people of the Rukon become at least partially able to defend themselves (by giving them skills and tools to defend themselves from regular criminals and bandits, as well as go through police work like investigation and so forth), self-sufficient (by getting some training for various practical skills going, as well as an influx of resources to get the proverbial ball rolling), and generally improve morale among the people (by showing them that no only do the Shinigami care, they care enough to help the people help themselves, proving that they are thought of as capable enough to stand on their own, at least against bandits and roving murder gangs).

Kuroimaken
2014-01-30, 12:23 PM
The counterpoint, should someone decide to wage a propaganda war on said effort, is that it can also be seen as "this is too much trouble for us, and therefore you guys do it. Here's some pointy sticks".

Which I figure any level of organized crime would probably attempt.

I feel like I shouldn't have mentioned that out loud...

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-31, 02:49 PM

dot dot dot

The basic premise is to help the people of the Rukon become at least partially able to defend themselves (by giving them skills and tools to defend themselves from regular criminals and bandits, as well as go through police work like investigation and so forth), self-sufficient (by getting some training for various practical skills going, as well as an influx of resources to get the proverbial ball rolling), and generally improve morale among the people (by showing them that no only do the Shinigami care, they care enough to help the people help themselves, proving that they are thought of as capable enough to stand on their own, at least against bandits and roving murder gangs).

In addition, Li told them to start the project at Nicole's ruined home district. :smallwink:

@AverageJoe: On that note: since your character appears to have been from the same District as Nicole, I suggest you too get involved in this event. Your character would've likely been horrified at the fate of his home District.

As Tasuku Hyoshida is older than Nicole, I think it's plausible he got recruited before Nicole. As such, I don't think he would know her, but he could recognize her surname as belonging to the house of exiled nobles that used to keep his home district under check. :smallwink:

Tebryn
2014-01-31, 03:21 PM

Just checking in since I can't seem to find your character Rain Dragon. Are you still planning on joining up?

KnightDisciple
2014-01-31, 04:00 PM
@Frozen: Keep in mind for Tariq to do any sensing we need Terry to get Sora's butt over to the Cathedral. Meaning we're probably waiting a while...:smalltongue:

Draken
2014-01-31, 04:25 PM
@Frozen: Keep in mind for Tariq to do any sensing we need Terry to get Sora's butt over to the Cathedral. Meaning we're probably waiting a while...:smalltongue:

Terry has been on quite a roll with strawberryman, they just need to stop beating around the bush and get it on. Entendres, all of them.

Frozen_Feet
2014-01-31, 04:54 PM
I'm aware, KD, this is a subtle nudge for Terry to do something. :smalltongue:

This is also not going to be the only chance for the Cult to examine this sort of an anomaly...

5a Violista
2014-02-01, 05:33 PM
In addition, Li told them to start the project at Nicole's ruined home district. :smallwink:

@AverageJoe: On that note: since your character appears to have been from the same District as Nicole, I suggest you too get involved in this event. Your character would've likely been horrified at the fate of his home District.

As Tasuku Hyoshida is older than Nicole, I think it's plausible he got recruited before Nicole. As such, I don't think he would know her, but he could recognize her surname as belonging to the house of exiled nobles that used to keep his home district under check. :smallwink:

So, how much can I assume of this project does Nicole already know? Can I assume she was told the entire plan (which, I assume, is probably slightly more than I know), or that she was just told that she needs to go there with a superior officer? Or, more likely, something in between?

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-02, 02:20 PM
Pester AnimeKid about that. Najeiru is Nicole's superior and practically in charge as of now. :smallwink:

Mina Kobold
2014-02-02, 03:31 PM
Pretty random question: But do anyone know if Shinigami and Hollows can move through solid matter in the Mortal World? I was flipping through the first volume of the manga, and it really isn't clear whether the spirits seen there can choose to go through walls or are using Gargantas (in some cases, they are clearly affecting objects, but in others, a Hollow attacks through a floor and a bed without causing harm to either)

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-02, 03:52 PM
Spirits can move through solid matter, but it takes effort. The rule of the thumb is: if a spirit is affecting the physical world, it can also be affected by it. So if a Hollow is trying to stomp on someone, it will leave footprints, and someone can hit it with a lamp post, throw a brick at it or shoot it should they so desire. We see this in action several times during the early part of the manga: Hollows, even though invisible, cause destruction to things they touch, and can be hit by a human who can't see them (namely, Sado).

Average_Joe
2014-02-02, 04:57 PM
Ok guys probably going to show how green i am, but i was wondering how i go about joining the rp, am i to jump in or should i wait to be mentioned etc, sorry for the question but am new to this type of rp

Mabn
2014-02-02, 05:23 PM
was the arrancar chaperoning assignment a go?

Draken
2014-02-02, 05:30 PM
Ok guys probably going to show how green i am, but i was wondering how i go about joining the rp, am i to jump in or should i wait to be mentioned etc, sorry for the question but am new to this type of rp

Make a character (wherever you prefer), and then introduce him in the IC, if needed we will give pointers as to what said character could start doing.

By the way, punctuation.

was the arrancar chaperoning assignment a go?

Hmm... Not sure what this means. Further detailing: I don't know what event this refers to. Who was the player involved in this matter?

Average_Joe
2014-02-02, 06:18 PM
Ok thanks for answering my question. Apologies about the bad punctuation in my last post as well

Draken
2014-02-03, 12:21 AM
We've all been there with the punctuation thing. The secret is to keep dotting.

Also. Since Dorizzit curbed the mandatory rescue arc on the Las Noches side (and Kuroi and I did the same for Seireitei). I feel like I must fulfill that on a separate angle!

Fortuitously, I have the means and the motive to put such a classical arc into motion!

AnimeKid
2014-02-03, 02:36 PM
So, how much can I assume of this project does Nicole already know? Can I assume she was told the entire plan (which, I assume, is probably slightly more than I know), or that she was just told that she needs to go there with a superior officer? Or, more likely, something in between?

I could have Naijeru brief her on it. After all it is going to be taking place in her home district so she might have some insight to offer as to what the people are like and what crimes are most prevalent and such.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-03, 04:53 PM
Which reminds me:

Draken, waiting on you to answer Setsurou's last question.

AK, I'm going to timey-wimey Setsurou looking for Naijeru while that particular thread is untangled.

Mabn
2014-02-04, 01:02 AM
Hmm... Not sure what this means. Further detailing: I don't know what event this refers to. Who was the player involved in this matter?

I have no idea, I don't see them in the character registry, but frozen feat mentioned something about low ranking arrancar and I was wondering if it became elaborated.

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-04, 11:02 AM
I do recall saying that leading a bunch of mortal tourists around Las Noches sounds like something Jehoel could assign to a low-ranking Arrancar. Doesn't look like Dorizzit's picked up on the idea.

KnightDisciple
2014-02-04, 11:59 AM
So Frozen, was there a point to that bit between you and Draken in the MW beyond being a stand-in for whipping it out and measuring it, and showing us how super-special-double-awesome Mikael totally is guys because he's awesome and special and awesome and has all the powers plus some?

Because from what you're writing it sounds like Mikael's manifesting a physical presence in the Void while sleeping. Because....actually, I'm curious to know the justification for such a totally unique power on top of him being, already, somewhere in the power range of "Vasto Lorde Arrancar". :smallconfused:

Draken
2014-02-04, 12:06 PM
We kind of already stated that he has an astral projection power.

Going to admit that I did not associate this with Mikael.

Dorizzit
2014-02-04, 12:43 PM
I have no idea, I don't see them in the character registry, but frozen feat mentioned something about low ranking arrancar and I was wondering if it became elaborated.

I do recall saying that leading a bunch of mortal tourists around Las Noches sounds like something Jehoel could assign to a low-ranking Arrancar. Doesn't look like Dorizzit's picked up on the idea.

This actually seems like it could work well, if your up to it, Mabn. I just need a response from AnimeKid before that scene can move forward.

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-05, 09:52 AM
KD, as I noted after the first post in that sequence, I actually intended this to be an excercise for Tariq, and by extension, Thomas and Sora. So it's a bone thrown at the Cult players, to give testing ground to their abilities and involvement to the plot besides looking for their King. I just didn't expect Argos take such a hands-on approach. So for me, the point from second post on has been simply to reply to Draken. No planning has gone to this beyond that. Well... no planning save for me trying to solve an integral equation on how much force this phenomenom would exert on a 200 kilometer line. (I'll note that I didn't actually finish it, because that would've required me to ask Draken the exact density, dimensions and tensile strenght of Argos's probe. Since we're not writing hard sci-fi here, I decided it's just an arbitrary weight with a single defined quality: "too much for Argos".)

KnightDisciple
2014-02-05, 10:53 AM
Except now that Tariq's online, there's nothing further for Thomas to do with him. He can't cast the necessary Kido, so it's not really an excercise for Thomas, just Sora.

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-05, 10:59 AM
What Thomas will or won't do in reaction to either Sora or information Tariq provides is up to you, not me.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-05, 05:37 PM
Imp: I'd actually like to know exactly how and in what mood Satoshi is while he's training. If it looks like he's getting too frustrated about it, then Urameshi will have to intervene.

TherianTheorist
2014-02-05, 07:13 PM
Going to try and become more active around here, side effects of this new activity may include character subplots, strange update patterns, or a trace amount of temporal displacement.

Wish me luck.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-05, 09:12 PM
Imp: I'd actually like to know exactly how and in what mood Satoshi is while he's training. If it looks like he's getting too frustrated about it, then Urameshi will have to intervene.
I'll edit my most recent post with a detailed description, but suffice it to say that he's kind of cheesed off at the fact that everything he's done for the last two weeks seems to have been a waste of time and energy.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-05, 09:45 PM
His perspective could definitely use some adjusting.

ImpSyndrome
2014-02-05, 11:45 PM
Oh, I'm not contesting that. Unfortunately, he's a bit paranoid and impatient; since no one really expected him to amount to much, he's on a mission to prove them wrong now that he's a Shinigami. Now that he's over the first-week jitters (or whatever you want to call his nervous disposition when he first started), that part of him has started to take over, and ironically enough, it's probably what's holding him back. Judging by your tone, though, it sounds like this is a deal-breaker for Urameshi, so something's got to give on the newbie's end if things are going to advance...I'm just not sure how to play it out realistically.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-06, 07:15 AM
Personally, I'm tempted to apply the standard anime solution for this.

Dorizzit
2014-02-07, 03:34 PM
So we're clear, Kuroimaken, the jump down is pretty long. Naito actually snapped his ankle when he landed. If Shinji has some way to protect himself, that's fine, but I don't want to miscommunicate.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-07, 03:42 PM
He does, and that's actually what I figured. The "gestures" were a quick incantation to prevent said fall from hurting.

Dorizzit
2014-02-07, 03:51 PM
Great. Just confirming.

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-07, 04:34 PM
Tsubame's idea is basically doing to Hollows what Ishida Uruyy did to Cirucci Thunderwitch. I have no idea of whether you were thinking of that at all, Dorizzit, but I like it.

KnightDisciple
2014-02-07, 04:50 PM
Tsubame's idea is basically doing to Hollows what Ishida Uruyy did to Cirucci Thunderwitch. I have no idea of whether you were thinking of that at all, Dorizzit, but I like it.

...Not really? :smallconfused:

I mean, you say that's what it's like, but it's not.

Tsubame is saying that her proposal may be able to essentially "strip away" the "Hollow nature" and return it to the state of being a Plus, albeit with a guarantee of a memory wipe.

Basically the difference I see between Quincy Purification and Shinigami Purification is that:
-Quincies would leave the target 100% guaranteed mindwiped (rather than the iffy chance Shinigami give).
-Quincy arrows would guarantee it's a regular Plus with no chance of powers, rather than the chance Shinigami purification would leave the target with powers.
-Quincy arrows may leave the Plus with less overall time in Soul Society before it needs to "refresh itself" (aka die in Soul Society) and re-enter the cycle.

This is what I, a Quincy player would prefer.

Honestly? I'm a bit annoyed there wasn't discussion over the matter, and I'm more annoyed that you seem to be dictating matters rather than trying to build a consensus. :smallannoyed:

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-07, 05:16 PM
I'm not dictating anything. I'm noting the similarity to a canon event. I'm pretty shocked if you can't see it.

As for "discussing the matter", I want you to realize one thing: I'm winging Orchid's dialogue. All of it. I've not planned this one second with Dorizzit. Tsubame is the expert there, Orchid merely does educated guessing. Tsubame might agree, or she might shoot Orchid down just like she did in her last post. It's all the same to me, I have no stake in it. If you want to kick up OOC discussion of what you'd prefer the arrows to do, don't talk to me, talk to Dorizzit.

Dorizzit
2014-02-07, 06:38 PM
Like Frozen_Feet, I'm improvising most of this. If anyone has a problem with what Tsubame is saying, please let me know.

Terry576
2014-02-07, 07:22 PM
Basically the difference I see between Quincy Purification and Shinigami Purification is that:
-Quincies would leave the target 100% guaranteed mindwiped (rather than the iffy chance Shinigami give).
-Quincy arrows would guarantee it's a regular Plus with no chance of powers, rather than the chance Shinigami purification would leave the target with powers.
-Quincy arrows may leave the Plus with less overall time in Soul Society before it needs to "refresh itself" (aka die in Soul Society) and re-enter the cycle.:

That sounds an awful lot like making Quincies better at purification then Shinigami, not an alternative.

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-07, 07:31 PM
Depends on how you look at it. We know Reene wouldn't consider losing her memories and powers "better". :smallwink:

Draken
2014-02-07, 07:39 PM
Renee would grind half the world to dust before so much as giving someone a chance to try to do that to her.

KnightDisciple
2014-02-07, 07:57 PM
That sounds an awful lot like making Quincies better at purification then Shinigami, not an alternative.
Assuming what I proposed holds vaguely true:
Shinigami purification a.) has at least a chance of leaving the person with powers that then manifest as Shinigami powers, giving a chance to replenish or increase ranks, b.) gives the person purified a chance to keep memories and personality and reunite on the other side, and c.) lets the soul stay in Soul Society for a century or more.

Quincy purification should accomplish the same general goal (no more Hollow but soul purified), but "rougher". Thus, that soul will take multiple cycles (without outside intervention) to have a chance of gaining any shred of real power (thus possibly reducing recruits if used in large quantities), it is guaranteed to be a "blank slate" (some potential trauma, plus lots of tears for family there), and likely only have, let's say, 20-40 years in Soul Society, no matter the original age of the person when they died.

Or we could have it work the exact same, I guess?
Or not work at all.

Basically, I'm extrapolating the end result of what Dorizzit's character is presenting. To me it sounds like you get a functional Plus, but there's no chance for power, there's little chance for memory, and they probably need to re-enter the cycle notably sooner (which might still make balance wobbly, and would make workforce in the Rukon less stable, from a strictly pragmatic view).

Kuroimaken
2014-02-07, 09:12 PM
KD, keep in mind that at this point all they're talking is strictly theory. There are no observed methods or effects on so much as "prototype" cleansing arrows.

Incidentally, said techniques can also evolve over time. The Quincy have already shown an example of technique evolution in canon, after all.

If I happened to have a character in on this, which I don't, the first thing I'd be asking is "what do Zanpakutou do differently". There's mention of how a method of creation for Quincy purifying arrows would be akin to fighting an infection by getting rid of the dead tissue, and to me it sounds like Zanpakutou actually heal said dead tissue. So: considering that Quincy power is about manipulation of spirit particles to begin with, why can't they look into making their arrows act like "antidote" to the Hollowification "poison" - or a virus to fight another virus, if you'd prefer a different analogy?

Draken
2014-02-07, 09:41 PM
The canon analogy to quincy powers would be more akin to the interactions of A type blood and B type blood. Whichever gets the other transfused into them is hosed.

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-07, 09:48 PM
I'd use positive and negative numbers as an example, but they were already taken...

Maybe matter and anti-matter as an example? If you mix Quincy with Hollow, all you get is energy with no shape or form.

KnightDisciple
2014-02-07, 09:57 PM
The canon analogy to quincy powers would be more akin to the interactions of A type blood and B type blood. Whichever gets the other transfused into them is hosed.

I'd use positive and negative numbers as an example, but they were already taken...

Maybe matter and anti-matter as an example? If you mix Quincy with Hollow, all you get is energy with no shape or form.

In that context, the solution is to switch to the same "blood type" or "matter type".

Draken
2014-02-07, 09:59 PM
Still matter, not energy. The 'Soul' simply undergoes apoptosis.

Which in retrospect somewhat explains why canon souls that undergo soul suicide leave behind a pool of shapeless protoplasmic goo. Souls are single cells.

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-07, 10:00 PM
Well that'd be one for the books, certainly.

Still matter, not energy. The 'Soul' simply undergoes apoptosis.

Which in retrospect somewhat explains why canon souls that undergo soul suicide leave behind a pool of shapeless protoplasmic goo. Souls are single cells.

If all cells in a body undergo apoptosis or advanced protein degeneration, it doesn't matter how many cells there were, there's going to be just goo.

Draken
2014-02-07, 10:21 PM
Well that'd be one for the books, certainly.

If all cells in a body undergo apoptosis or advanced protein degeneration, it doesn't matter how many cells there were, there's going to be just goo.

It is more that I liked the imagery of the soul being a single massive single cell organism. But very well. I do tend to try to slap game-canon status into my random musings if given the chance.

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-07, 11:18 PM
Me, I'm fond of the idea that Reishi is actually dark matter, and reiatsu is dark energy. :smalltongue:

Kuroimaken
2014-02-07, 11:33 PM
Little focus, guys?

I hear nothing of that "virus to fight a virus" idea. :smalltongue:

Draken
2014-02-07, 11:41 PM
Little focus, guys?

I hear nothing of that "virus to fight a virus" idea. :smalltongue:

"I lay claim to all viral endeavours."

"Oh the wonderful things I have to show you."

Kuroimaken
2014-02-07, 11:51 PM
Well, if you stop to think about it, Hollowification is a bit like decomposition. It just takes place in a much larger scale, at a faster rate, and with a faster end result.

If we think of Hollowification as basically one huge bacterial infection, wherein the Hollow "tissue" is really nothing more than Plus tissue that's been altered, the logical course for anything to purify it would be to change the tissue back. So instead of cutting the infected tissue away, you drain it, kill the bacteria and let cellular division take its course.

Basically, a Quincy purification arrow would be nothing more than one huge spiritual antibiotic.

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-07, 11:55 PM
Li is kinda already doing that, just on another front entirely. Though what Michael Harada's doing is perhaps more nanobots than viruses. On the other hand, Li still has both Li's Izanami-in-a-bottle and Geister's original white goop in cold storage.

KnightDisciple
2014-02-07, 11:57 PM
Well, if you stop to think about it, Hollowification is a bit like decomposition. It just takes place in a much larger scale, at a faster rate, and with a faster end result.

If we think of Hollowification as basically one huge bacterial infection, wherein the Hollow "tissue" is really nothing more than Plus tissue that's been altered, the logical course for anything to purify it would be to change the tissue back. So instead of cutting the infected tissue away, you drain it, kill the bacteria and let cellular division take its course.

Basically, a Quincy purification arrow would be nothing more than one huge spiritual antibiotic.

Well, what makes it distinct from Shinigami purification, in that case?

If we end up taking that tack, maybe there's a delay or something before the soul enters Soul Society?

Or would we be fine with the Quincy basically ending up with what amounts to Shinigami purification just with slightly different mumbo-jumbo attached to it?

5a Violista
2014-02-08, 12:32 AM
In unrelated (to what we're discussing here, but related to what's going on IC), I've been toying with the idea of regaining control over Miya's Mother and making her to be a straight-up villain for the RP, to add more combat to there. Of course, I need ideas about what I can have her do without slowing down the RP with more mass-combats, but I think it's a good idea.

For those of you who haven't been following the occasional hidden hints about her, this is what she (Tsukamoto Hikari) is:
Quite a while ago, she became a Substitute Shinigami. Thanks to <story that Hasunaga just told in the Mortal World>, she became infected with something pretty much identical to La Plaga Blanca (in fact, I think I decided that it was La Plaga Blanca, for the sake of not introducing too many lookalike diseases). Thanks to the lost plot of Hades, she now looks completely humanlike again, but she makes for the perfect villain.

So, be warned: that's what I'm planning on doing.

Now, related to the conversation on hand: My Quincy character probably doesn't actually care what kind of arrows he uses, so long as it gets the job done: meaning stop the Evil Spirit from being able to attack people. I'm sure there's many Quincies across the world that hold a similar opinion.

I, as a player, think the Quincy purification should be sufficiently different than the Shinigami purification to warrant its existence. What the difference is, I don't care. If it's exactly the same, then we might as well say "Let's just give all the Quincies Shinigami powers." That's not something I want. Also, I don't think it should be strictly superior to the regular Destroying Arrow. There has to be some weakness or flaw to it - whether it's weaker, slower, more exhausting, more likely to backfire, or whatnot, I think the Purifying Arrow can't just be a "Destroying Arrow but Better."

strawberryman
2014-02-08, 12:57 AM
On Quincy purification: My quincy character(s) don't particularly care. :smalltongue: They're ruthless assassins.

So yeah, I don't really have a strong opinion.

Dorizzit
2014-02-08, 01:17 AM
Working on a write-up for the idea for "Purification Arrows" that has been getting discussed in the Spirit World thread. So that I can avoid making any critical mistakes, what is the general consensus on what happens to a soul after being purified by a Shinigami Zanpakuto? It passes on to the afterlife, but what condition is it in when it gets there, etc.

KnightDisciple
2014-02-08, 01:32 AM
Working on a write-up for the idea for "Purification Arrows" that has been getting discussed in the Spirit World thread. So that I can avoid making any critical mistakes, what is the general consensus on what happens to a soul after being purified by a Shinigami Zanpakuto? It passes on to the afterlife, but what condition is it in when it gets there, etc.
Well, we know from canon that a Hollow struck down by a Zanpakuto is a.) no longer a Hollow, but becomes a Plus, b.) cleansed of any responsibility (and presumably guilt and likely memories) of their time as a Hollow, and c.) sent to Soul Society. These are facts.

I would say that a Hollow purified by a Shinigami's blade a.) has at least a 50% chance of remembering pre-Hollow life (while those sent by Konso likely have between 75 and 100% chance), and b.) depending on the soul's strength as a Hollow, may well end up a Shinigami of some level of power or another.

Frozen_Feet
2014-02-08, 02:20 AM
One possible difference would be for the arrows to be unable to send people to Hell.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-08, 08:00 AM
Hell opens its gates by itself. I can't remember an instance where either a Zanpakutou or a Quincy sent a soul to Hell. (But then again I'm only up to the start of the Wadenreich arc.)

I think the simplest solution for the Purifying Arrow dilemma is to make it more exhausting to use. It is, after all, more complex to develop.

EDIT: I also wholeheartedly approve of the idea of MV making Miya's mom a villain. :smallbiggrin:

Draken
2014-02-08, 08:07 AM
Hell's gates opened that one time and then never again really.

The only other mention of it was the movie about it.

Spacewolf
2014-02-08, 04:17 PM
Hell opens its gates by itself. I can't remember an instance where either a Zanpakutou or a Quincy sent a soul to Hell. (But then again I'm only up to the start of the Wadenreich arc.)

I think the simplest solution for the Purifying Arrow dilemma is to make it more exhausting to use. It is, after all, more complex to develop.

EDIT: I also wholeheartedly approve of the idea of MV making Miya's mom a villain. :smallbiggrin:

The only time we've seen a hell gate it was opened by Ichigo purifying a hollow.

TherianTheorist
2014-02-08, 10:09 PM
Kuroimaken, I'm waiting for you in the mortal world.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-08, 10:15 PM
Eeep, sorry. Completely slipped my mind.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-09, 10:03 AM
I've got a character concept brewing in the back of my mind.

A Hunter of Rogue Shinigami. He runs on hot blood and manliness, and has an ice Zanpakutou.

Thoughts?

KnightDisciple
2014-02-09, 11:12 AM
This is the inside of Thomas's head right now:
http://i1.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/242/631/382.gif

Also, FYI, won't be around much again until fairly late tonight, most likely.

Draken, if need be you can godmod Thomas a bit to keep things moving. We can just assume Isabelle does what she's told by the King or Queen. (No berry, the Princess won't get to order her around yet. Also, I'll try to poke Edge a bit, I know life is probably busy for him but if nothing else we may need to know what to change Isabelle into.)

Kuroimaken
2014-02-09, 03:57 PM
Ryouma Tatsuya, "Kizu no Tatsuya", "Kizu no Ryouma" or "RUN AWAY IT'S THAT GUY"

Height: 2,65m
Weight: 180 kg
Side: Seireitei. Sorta.

Appearance

Ryouma Tatsuya is a hulk of a man, easily dwarfing most people in Soul Society. He is barely classifiable as "human" in this regard, in some ways resembling the giant guardians of Seireitei's gates much more than the average Plus.

His garment is likewise unusual in that it seems to sport a number of elements that reflect his size.

For starters, his feet sport a pair of metal geta, which is actually somewhat understandable since the wooden variety might not be able to support his weight. A dirty white, ragged-edged hakama covers his legs, with a black chain holding it up against his waist. It likewise holds a black and red haori closed at that height, though only loosely so, as it was clearly made for someone much larger (hard to imagine as that may be). Dense, scarred muscles can be made out from under the garment. His arms are bare save for a pair of black, steel bracers.

His wild, moss green hair is unkempt and flows to mid-back. His eyes are a startling jade, though they seem much darker in most instances, set under a pair of thick eyebrows. A manic slasher grin is almost permanently plastered on his face.

Personality:
Tatsuya is easy to describe but hard to define. The man clearly has 'Blood Knight' written all over his record - he likes to fight, plain and simple. He lacks subtlety, tact and even the most common of social graces. But he also makes it a point to never pick a fight with anyone weaker than himself, and he doesn't kill those who have already surrendered (the possible exception being Hollows). He also tends to hold those he meets to the same admittedly simple standards, though his lack of warning usually results in someone drawing his anger more often than not without knowing so.

He also swears a lot and has more self-confidence than common sense.

Background:

For the longest time, there's been a part of the woods that no one dared enter, and which the occasional rogue Shinigami or Hollow would try to hide in. They would be found in the outskirts of said part of the woods with horrible wounds. Sometimes "GO AWAY" would be written in sloppy letters with what is presumed to be their own blood. People had theorized there was a particularly powerful hermit living there (before the warning they thought it was a regular monster).

Until the monster paid the town a visit.

Tatsuya has since been known as a resident of the outskirts of Rukongai. What people don't know, and don't care TO know, is exactly where. Not only has the man always been rather intimidating, he has never really gotten along with people. Rumors abound of who his father and mother were. One of the most colorful theories state he's the offspring of a bear and an Arrancar. Whatever the case, he caught the attention of the Gotei due to his handling of rogue Shinigami near his particular neck of the woods. While his work was, in many ways, exemplary (after all, he was dealing with lawbreakers), his methods were less so, and a civillian doing Gotei's job simply rubbed certain people the wrong way.

One man was sent to try and bring Tatsuya in peacefully. Enlist him in the ranks of the Gotei. He carried an Asauchi with him as a peace offering.

Said man was found days later babbling incoherently about 'awakening the beast' and 'what have I done'.

That was twenty-five years ago. Tatsuya has not been heard from since, and neither have any intruders in that particular area.

Abilities:
Tatsuya is monstrously strong. His upper strength limit is untested, but he has been theorized to rival the giant gate guardsman of Seireitei in sheer lifting capacity, as well as shatter steel barehanded. How he manages to actually restrain his strength enough to function in everyday life remains a mystery, but the few times he has been known to be restrained, the shackles themselves never survived the experience.

This sheer muscular density, allied with his precarious restraint on his own Reiatsu, also makes him very difficult to hurt. Mundane blades have been known to shatter against his skin like brittle clay, and even the spiritual blades of Zanpakutou have had difficulty so much as drawing blood from him. In some extreme cases, he has been known to break them with some effort.

Hakuda: In spite of lacking finesse to learn the finer points of soft-style martial arts, Tatsuya is very, very competent in the hard forms. A mixture of natural talent for said arts and practice has led him to develop a style that abuses his tough skin and powerful muscles to deliver damage with extreme prejudice. To a smaller degree, he is also capable of employing slashing and piercing techniques with his bare hands.

Zanjutsu: Tatsuya is... minimally competent with most forms of bladed weaponry. Since he tends to shatter most of them, he doesn't exactly hold the use of a weapon as his highest priority.

Kidou: He's never been taught Kidou, and thus cannot use even the most basic kinds.

Houhou: Tatsuya is a self-taught Shunpou user. He doesn't have very fine control, but can achieve fairly high speeds. His main use of Shunpou is getting in closer to deliver high-powered violence, or accelerating to give his strikes a bigger edge. Most times he will forego dodging any form of ranged assault in favor of bursting right through it and crashing into the enemy.

Reiatsu Control: Meager at best. Tatsuya has yet to learn to dissociate his anger and excitement from his release of Reiatsu. Thus, the more excited or angry he becomes, the more his Reiatsu pours from him. His Zanpakutou likewise makes a very poor seal for his power - because of the nature of the way he obtained it, it is not capable of completely holding itself back even in sealed form. Tatsuya's Reiatsu causes the temperature around him to drop proportionally to the amount of power he releases. The radius and intensity of said temperature drop increases as his release does, becoming colder and colder closest to him and decreasing in strength the further one is from the source. This has no effects on Tatsuya himself. Just like any Reiatsu release, it can be resisted - but a target that fails to resist adequately may find him or herself flash-frozen or trapped. A sufficiently strong release on Tatsuya's part may cause the illusion that time is 'slowing down' because of decreased activity in the area.

Zanpakutou:

Name: Toukou Myou-ou (Frozen Light God of Destruction)

Release Command: "Sesshou ni nare, Toukou Myou-ou!" (Become brutality, Frozen Light God of Destruction!)

Appearance: A tanto, worn behind his back.

Shikai:

Appearance: The tanto disappears, and Tatsuya is enveloped in whirling gales of frost.

Abilities: As an elemental Zanpakutou, Toukou Myou-ou is capable of creating ice at will, as well as causing the temperature in a 10-foot radius around Tatsuya to drop drastically. Tatsuya typically employs this ability to increase his defensive and offensive power by encasing himself in a suit of frozen armor, or create weapons he can throw at his enemies with his formidable strength. Less typically, he can also use it to fire blasts of frozen air or create walls with this ability, or flash-freeze his enemies.

KnightDisciple
2014-02-09, 04:44 PM
I'll try to get a post for Thomas up later tonight after gaming.

Draken, would he emerge from the cocoon in his sealed, humanoid form? Or in his released state?

Draken
2014-02-09, 05:38 PM
I'll try to get a post for Thomas up later tonight after gaming.

Draken, would he emerge from the cocoon in his sealed, humanoid form? Or in his released state?

Sealed, I think.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-09, 06:07 PM
Any thoughts on hot-blooded cold man?

Draken
2014-02-09, 07:00 PM
Can't see much wrong with him.

Spacewolf
2014-02-09, 08:37 PM
Is there any point to him though? He doesn't look like he would fit into any of the currently running stories, unless your planning to have Satoshi fight him to show that Satoshi is more than just your average student.

strawberryman
2014-02-09, 08:58 PM
"Why" would be my question as well.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-09, 09:39 PM
Well, for one thing, Gotei is dangerously short on badasses right now. Koutarou's still on the mend, Masaru is incarcerated for fear of Izanami going all mindrape on his bum, and the Cult grows nearer as they plan on releasing their King (when are we going to get a freaking buzzing alarm on that prison, by the way?!). Oh, and then there's the Quincy Civil War, which is on the brink of happening and may or may not come knocking on doors.

Besides, all of my characters are reasonable people. I NEEDS ME SOME BATGUANO CRAZY IN HERE!

EDIT: Incidentally, I just had a thought. Jehoel's bunch may be cool with the Shinigami at this point, but Las Noches isn't the only faction in Hueco Mundo. Can't we get someone stupid enough to try a mass invasion on "soft" Soul Society? We could even sectorize it so we don't get bogged down in mass combats!

It would give Engineering a chance to test those gun emplacements~~

Draken
2014-02-09, 09:58 PM
Well, for one thing, Gotei is dangerously short on badasses right now. Koutarou's still on the mend, Masaru is incarcerated for fear of Izanami going all mindrape on his bum, and the Cult grows nearer as they plan on releasing their King (when are we going to get a freaking buzzing alarm on that prison, by the way?!). Oh, and then there's the Quincy Civil War, which is on the brink of happening and may or may not come knocking on doors.

Besides, all of my characters are reasonable people. I NEEDS ME SOME BATGUANO CRAZY IN HERE!

EDIT: Incidentally, I just had a thought. Jehoel's bunch may be cool with the Shinigami at this point, but Las Noches isn't the only faction in Hueco Mundo. Can't we get someone stupid enough to try a mass invasion on "soft" Soul Society? We could even sectorize it so we don't get bogged down in mass combats!

It would give Engineering a chance to test those gun emplacements~~

I am not sure if there is a point to an alarm going off. The only person on SS side who knows where the prison is meant to be is Izanagi himself.

strawberryman
2014-02-09, 10:02 PM
I would go with "there being an alarm would make it easier to actually track the prison". Also what Draken said.

However honestly I'm still not bought on the new character.

Draken
2014-02-09, 10:05 PM
The only issue I see with the new character is "he looks like he has no reason to take part in anything that is going on at all".

And the alarm for the Cult's final success was always meant to be the tide of maleficent reiatsu washing forth from the broken seal and oozing from the Dangai into the other realities.

Kuroimaken
2014-02-09, 10:21 PM
I am not sure if there is a point to an alarm going off. The only person on SS side who knows where the prison is meant to be is Izanagi himself.

Point, but isn't it HORRENDOUSLY short-sighted to design a prison to hold an eldritch abomination that, if released, has the potential to DROWN the world in pain and mutating lichen, and then go ahead and NOT add in a contingency mechanism in case oh I don't know, said eldritch abomination has friends willing to risk life and limb to bust him out? Which is exactly what's happening here?

Or perhaps more like: after each of the former knights has been freed, shouldn't one of the first priorities for Gotei leadership be to find out if there's anyone WORSE than the ones already freed in other prisons they don't know about? I get that releasing Von Geister is necessary to the plot, but come ON, "we were too busy dealing with Las Noches" is NOT a good enough excuse. Especially after Reene has been busted out in what was essentially large-scale urban warfare!

As for Tatsuya, I plan on starting him out as an antagonist. His carreer as one is bound to be short-lived, because he's stupid enough to try and take on Gotei as a whole by himself, but hey, I miss some goddamn conflict in here!

Kuroimaken
2014-02-09, 10:25 PM
Or perhaps to ask a different question: so you make a nigh-unbreakable prison that you make sure only you knows where it is, you add no alarms so it can't be tracked down (except if one of those alarms is tripped, that's because the location for said prison is already known), and then someone manages to find it anyway, but the wardens of said prison CAN'T? Doesn't it strike ANYONE else as odd? :smallconfused:

Draken
2014-02-09, 10:35 PM
Or perhaps to ask a different question: so you make a nigh-unbreakable prison that you make sure only you knows where it is, you add no alarms so it can't be tracked down (except if one of those alarms is tripped, that's because the location for said prison is already known), and then someone manages to find it anyway, but the wardens of said prison CAN'T? Doesn't it strike ANYONE else as odd? :smallconfused:

Fine. I will have an alarm be tripped that I had under consideration before. Just a second.

TherianTheorist
2014-02-10, 01:32 AM
I see that Naito has turned into a murakumo unit, I guess this means I should rethink that Carl expy I had in mind before the entire cast of blazblue shows up.