PDA

View Full Version : MultiAttack! Not just for monsters anymore!

GhengisConrad
2014-01-01, 08:04 PM
Oh god please. There has to be something somewhere that gives me a class or something that will help me gain multi-attack without using my HD feats.... my build is getting rrreeeaaaallll groovy.

Please, oh brilliant people of the playground, I beg of thee. Discover a list, a way, an erratta, somewhere, that says that fighers, or martial monks... or SOMEBODY can take multiattack!

Urpriest
2014-01-01, 08:16 PM
Are you looking for a way to get Multiattack as a bonus feat?

Shifter Multiattack is a Shifter Feat, so any Shifter ACF or PrC that grants bonus Shifter Feats will work.

I'd check Champions of Valor, and its web enhancement. Some of the Fangshield substitution levels probably grant Multiattack as a bonus feat.

OldTrees1
2014-01-01, 08:19 PM
Comfirmed you can get Multiattack as a bonus feat (thank you Urpriest)

[Champions of Valor pg41 (the book not the web enhancement)]
Fangshield Ranger 2: Combat Style: Natural Weapon style: Multiattack as the 2nd level bonus feat

Fangshield Ranger Prerequisite: Nonhumanoid

GhengisConrad
2014-01-01, 08:45 PM
So awesome. Thanks guys!

Now, the REAL head-scratcher, is, can you combine variants?

Could I do a Spiritual Connection Fangshield Ranger?

or something...

I've already got Track from Half-Minotaur... and I've already got Wild Empathy from Totemist... not that I need either... but... y'know...

Urpriest
2014-01-01, 08:50 PM
So awesome. Thanks guys!

Now, the REAL head-scratcher, is, can you combine variants?

Could I do a Spiritual Connection Fangshield Ranger?

or something...

I've already got Track from Half-Minotaur... and I've already got Wild Empathy from Totemist... not that I need either... but... y'know...

You can combine variants, as long as they don't sacrifice the same things.

If you want a rules rationale for it, a Fangshield Ranger is still a Ranger, and thus still qualifies for Ranger-specific things.

Psyren
2014-01-01, 08:54 PM
Please, oh brilliant people of the playground, I beg of thee. Discover a list, a way, an erratta, somewhere, that says that fighers, or martial monks... or SOMEBODY can take multiattack!

Anyone can take multiattack, or any other "monster feat." MM:

This chapter provides descriptions of one skill, Contrpl Shape, and a number of feats that are typically used only by monsters.

"Typically" establishes a general case, but it is still inclusive rather than exclusive.

For what it's worth, PF's Bestiary is even more open about monster feats:

Most of the following feats apply specifically to monsters, although some player characters might qualify for them (particularly Craft Construct).

As for getting it as a bonus feat, Dark Chaos Shuffle can make anything you want into a bonus feat.

OldTrees1
2014-01-01, 09:03 PM
As for getting it as a bonus feat, Dark Chaos Shuffle can make anything you want into a bonus feat.

He needed it as a bonus feat since his HD based feats were taken. Unfortunately his table forbids Flaws and Dark Chaos Shuffle.

Good thing Fangshield Ranger exists.