PDA

View Full Version : Transmuting one type of metal to another

Yogibear41
2014-01-01, 09:09 PM
Are there any spells or effects that can transmute one type of metal into another permanently? Say I create a wall of iron with the wall of iron spell :smallsmile: and I want to make it a wall of adamantine permanently is there anyway I can do this?

Also it doesn't necessarily have to be of this large a scale turning a few pounds of iron into something else would work too.

Polymorph any object specifically says it cannot do this already checked :smallsmile:

CIDE
2014-01-01, 09:20 PM
You might just be further ahead with an auto-resetting Wish trap.

Phelix-Mu
2014-01-01, 09:27 PM
Is the philosopher's stone still an artifact? I think you can turn lead into gold or some such.

Hardening chaining can give you an item that is much much harder, which can be tantamount to adamantium.

TuggyNE
2014-01-01, 10:33 PM
Is the philosopher's stone still an artifact? I think you can turn lead into gold or some such.

Yes it is. Also tin to silver, IIRC.

Hardening chaining can give you an item that is much much harder, which can be tantamount to adamantium.

Or, if you don't like abusing the stacking loophole, just use one copy of hardening with one copy of matter manipulation.

Phelix-Mu
2014-01-01, 10:45 PM
I was very excited to learn that matter manipulation and hardening seemed to stack in a campaign where no experience was being used (meaning experience costs were converted to expensive material components, 5gp/1xp). That made for all kinds of exploits, not to mention we started the campaign at level 20, and the WBL-chart had long since given up its ghost.