PDA

View Full Version : Can we agree to stop trolling The Giant?

terryhe
2014-01-01, 10:10 PM
It's been like three weeks since he's had the time, desire, whatever to produce a new comic and instead of spending OOTS time creating, he instead has to respond to the ridiculous assertion that his stance on things like alignment, prejudice, etc is somehow negated because he insisitively portrays the mentally handicapped (or it could just be you're prejudiced against Ogres by suggesting aspects of their culture must mean their mentally deficient).

Can you people just stick to debating character levels and spell descriptions and stay away from the topics you know The Giant will have to waste time weighing in on? The guy's got enough stress (as he noted in that thread) without having to defend his already well established sensitivities. If it results in getting a few more comics done, so much the better.

Math_Mage
2014-01-01, 10:13 PM
Please review the forum rules. Also, if you have a point to make about AKA_Bait's thread, it's more likely to be heard in AKA_Bait's thread.

terryhe
2014-01-01, 10:25 PM
I've read the forum rules, thanks. This isn't just about the most recent effort at trolling the Giant. Look at his recent posts. The ones that aren't about the calendars are all in response to threads that are either trolling the forum, as he notes in the one about Xykon, or they question his morality, the character's morality as he depicts it, or something else that he has no choice but to spend time responding to despite how ridiculous the original assertion is. It's one thing to waste the other forum posters' time, but I'm asking we try not to waste his.

Keltest
2014-01-01, 10:29 PM
I've read the forum rules, thanks. This isn't just about the most recent effort at trolling the Giant. Look at his recent posts. The ones that aren't about the calendars are all in response to threads that are either trolling the forum, as he notes in the one about Xykon, or they question his morality, the character's morality as he depicts it, or something else that he has no choice but to spend time responding to despite how ridiculous the original assertion is. It's one thing to waste the other forum posters' time, but I'm asking we try not to waste his.

What the giant chooses to respond to, and how he decides his time is best spent, is his own decision. If he is posting, its about an issue he has decided is worth clearing up, whether because hes genuinely interested, or because hes solving problems before they happen.

Math_Mage
2014-01-01, 10:30 PM
I've read the forum rules, thanks.

trolling
:confused:
This will be my last post on this thread.

orrion
2014-01-01, 11:44 PM
The Giant isn't forced to respond to anything he doesn't want to respond to. I think you're being incredibly simplistic to attribute a small lull in new comics to the Giant sitting at his keyboard endlessly poring over forum posts to respond to.

I understand the frustration that comes form anticipating new comics, but discussion of such is off limits, period.

jere7my
2014-01-02, 12:33 AM
It's been like three weeks since he's had the time, desire, whatever to produce a new comic and instead of spending OOTS time creating, he instead has to respond to the ridiculous assertion that his stance on things like alignment, prejudice, etc is somehow negated because he insisitively portrays the mentally handicapped (or it could just be you're prejudiced against Ogres by suggesting aspects of their culture must mean their mentally deficient).

1) It's against the forum rules to discuss the update schedule. That said, it's been two weeks, as of tomorrow, since the last comic was posted, not three. That period includes two major US holidays that often involve travel and time with family. There is absolutely nothing notable about this gap.

2) It's against the forum rules to accuse people of trolling.

3) Rich is a grownup. It's up to him how he spends his time.

4) I hope Rich doesn't respond to this, but if he does I hope you'll see the irony of your post.

Roland St. Jude
2014-01-02, 12:37 AM
Sheriff: Thread locked for obvious reasons. Please don't try to moderate or regulate other posters.