PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Mourning Mutate (Aberration Blood for anyone [Dragon #359 pg. 110])

GhengisConrad
2014-01-01, 10:20 PM
So, basically, this is a 'Aberration Blood' feat, that any character can take first level.

Pretty nifty.

Then you pick a feature.

One of those features is a 'warped limb'. This limb deals +2 damage with unarmed strikes. So, if I choose my leg, and am dealing monk attacks... with my leg... each attack deals an extra two damage? REallY?!

Too good to be true!

Is there something I'm missing? Is it really a 'add +2 damage' feat for my monk, and then opens me up to greater reach too? I feel like I am missing something...

Although 'Spongy flesh' and 'Troll Blooded' could be a hellacious combo as well...

The Viscount
2014-01-02, 11:59 AM
I don't happen to have a copy of that issue of dragon with me, but it likely is just that simple. I suppose the catch is that you're limited to that bonus with only one limb, which somewhat goes against the versatility of monk's unarmed strike.

The other catch is that many do not allow dragon magazine precisely because options presented in it are too good.

Captnq
2014-01-02, 12:10 PM
Ahem.

Actually, I just finished the augmentation section of the EVD.

"Warped limb: Limb deals +2 damage with unarmed strikes"

LIMB deals. So all attacks must be through that limb.

Now, as a monk, yes, you can mutate your leg and just kick everyone to death with your gnarled, mutated foot. But it must be the foot.

I recommend the arm, because then you can stack NoWN, BoS, and Ward Cestus on it. Or if you are going with Mighty Arms, then foot might be a better choice.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-02, 12:11 PM
Ahem.

Actually, I just finished the augmentation section of the EVD.

"Warped limb: Limb deals +2 damage with unarmed strikes"

LIMB deals. So all attacks must be through that limb.

Now, as a monk, yes, you can mutate your leg and just kick everyone to death with your gnarled, mutated foot. But it must be the foot.

I recommend the arm, because then you can stack NoWN, BoS, and Ward Cestus on it. Or if you are going with Mighty Arms, then foot might be a better choice.

I have feral claws, so hands are a bit ocuupado... although I could be doing elbow strikes....

Captnq
2014-01-02, 12:22 PM
DUH.

Of course. Forgot about the elbow.

Here. Buy a ward cestus,get the WSA Opposable. It gives any weapon "thumbs" so you can use it in non-standard body locations. Yes, you will be attaching an oversized leather punching fist to your elbow, but you can then stack WSAs with your NoNW, BoS and still elbow people in the face for Flurry of Blows.

(Yes, you will be a mutated, lopsided, horrible freak of nature. But you will also be a whirlwind of death.)