PDA

View Full Version : What are the rules?

Doomboy911
2014-01-02, 02:13 AM
So I've got a great mount idea in mind of a Bullette but I've run into the problem of it having a burrow speed, I want to use the ability while I ride the creature but there aren't rules for it as far as I can tell. I'm playing in pathfinder but I'm willing to take the rules for 3.5 if there are any. My dm has ruled that I need a burrow speed as well but I'm really curious to see what the rules are.

Also does anyone know how to get a burrow speed Cleric spell wise? Kind of in a situation where I can't buy magic gear.

Kelb_Panthera
2014-01-02, 02:19 AM
IIRC, there's a mundane saddle in Races of Stone that allows you to stay mounted while your mount burrows. You have to hold your breath unless the creature leaves a useable tunnel behind it as it goes though.

Darrin
2014-01-02, 08:40 AM
So I've got a great mount idea in mind of a Bullette but I've run into the problem of it having a burrow speed, I want to use the ability while I ride the creature but there aren't rules for it as far as I can tell.

Try Ashworm Dragoon in Sandstorm.

My dm has ruled that I need a burrow speed as well but I'm really curious to see what the rules are.

Also does anyone know how to get a burrow speed Cleric spell wise? Kind of in a situation where I can't buy magic gear.

That's... odd. If you have a burrow speed, then why would you need to ride your mount underground? (Unless the mount burrows faster, I guess.)

Outside of animal shapes (Animal domain) and polymorph any object (Trickery domain), I don't think clerics can get a burrow speed via spells.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-02, 09:31 AM
Several anthropomorphs from savage species give you a burrow speed all your own IIRC.

Doomboy911
2014-01-02, 12:16 PM
Try Ashworm Dragoon in Sandstorm.

That's... odd. If you have a burrow speed, then why would you need to ride your mount underground? (Unless the mount burrows faster, I guess.)

Outside of animal shapes (Animal domain) and polymorph any object (Trickery domain), I don't think clerics can get a burrow speed via spells.

Well it's a bullette because I'm using summon monster.