PDA

View Full Version : Good Omens Cast

dani_carip
2007-01-19, 06:08 PM
You know they were going to make a movie out of this (magnificent) book once.

Aziraphale: Jack Davenport
A.J. Crowley: David Bowie
Adam Young: Max Pirkis
Wensleydale: Raphael Coleman
Pepper: Jennifer Rae Daykin
Brian: Hugh Mitchell (I)
Anathema Device: Zooey Deschanel
Newton Pulsifer: David Tennant
Shadwell: Nick Brimble
Madame Tracy: Prunella Scales
War: Idina Menzel
Death: CGI/puppetry, to be voiced by...?
Famine: Brian Wrench
Pollution: Mackenzie Crook
Ligur: Terry Gilliam
Hastur: Graham Chapman
Beezlebub: Tim Curry
Metatron: Alan Rickman
Agnes Nutter: Gloria Stuart
TSNCA Pulsifer: David Tennant (aged, either with CGI or make-up)
Sister Mary Loquacious: Kathy Najimy
Mr. Young: David Thewlis
Mr. Tyler: Jeffrey Tambor
Deliveryman: David Cross
Nanny Ashtoreth: Miranda Richardson
Mr. Francis: Robbie Coltrane

And it should be directed/written/whatever by Terry Jones.

Om
2007-01-20, 11:52 AM
Is this your list or are they actually going ahead with the film?

Anyway my thoughts: Bowie? Bah. We want an actor

That said, I am impressed with the rest of the cast. Davenport is Hollywood's favourite Englishman and Tennant will be perfect as Pulsifer. Pollution is always too cool to be played by Mackenzie Crook.

Green Bean
2007-01-20, 12:01 PM
Please tell me that's the actual list and that they're actually making it! Please please please!

stetson
2007-01-20, 12:06 PM
death should be voiced by christopher lee he did a great job on the animated film soul music also david bowie is no good perhaps charlie sheen?:smallfrown:

dani_carip
2007-01-20, 01:36 PM
This is my own list, not any official thingamahobbit :smallsmile: All I know about the originally planned movie (it was abandoned) is that Robin Williams was cast as Aziraphale, Johnny Depp was to be Crowley, and Terry Gilliam was going to direct the whole shebang.

Sorry, h_v.

Amotis
2007-01-20, 03:30 PM
There's paint...ON MY NOSE!

Aidan305
2007-01-20, 06:39 PM
Isn't Graham Champan dead?

dani_carip
2007-01-21, 02:08 PM
Yes, and as a true Monty python fan I mourn the loss sincerely :smallfrown: However, tragedies such as this have not yet proven to be much of an obstacle to me while pursuing my hobby of casting unmade movies. Id est, Graham Chapman is not the first deceased I have cast: Pat Morita* has already been assigned to the role of Lord Shojo my other thread.

*Is that his last name? It's the mentor-guy from Karate Kid at any rate :smallsigh:

Amotis
2007-01-21, 02:10 PM
Just say Mr. Miazaki, everyone knows that one.

ravenkith
2007-01-22, 03:24 PM
Uh...that's Mr. Miyagi.

Seriously thought, this movie needs to be made. I'm not sure I agree with some of your casting choices, but then, it's been a while since I read the book.

Amotis
2007-01-22, 03:25 PM
I'm reading it now and it's okay. I expected too much maybe and that's the problem.

purple gelatinous cube o' Doom
2007-01-22, 03:31 PM
IMDB has no knowledge of this movie being made as a movie yet. And seeing as they have movies listed four to five years in advance of release, I think it's safe to say that this is a ways off from being made into a movie.

Amotis
2007-01-22, 03:31 PM
Or you know...maybe...we're making it.

storybookknight
2007-01-25, 04:16 PM
I actually think David Tennant would make a wonderful Azriphale, or failing that Crowley. Definitely not Bowie, we want genuine brits.

How great would it be to see Giles from Buffy playing Azriphale?

musicnerd
2007-01-25, 05:34 PM
I loved the idea of Robin Williams and Johnny Depp. I think they'd be perfect, and it would help me convince people to go see it. And then Terry Pratchett would become popular enough in the US that the next Discworld movie would be released here, too. Sigh.

Green Bean
2007-01-25, 06:21 PM
This is my own list, not any official thingamahobbit :smallsmile: All I know about the originally planned movie (it was abandoned) is that Robin Williams was cast as Aziraphale, Johnny Depp was to be Crowley, and Terry Gilliam was going to direct the whole shebang.

Sorry, h_v.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Anyhoo, I could definately see Johnny Depp as Crowley. That man is a chameleon!

GuesssWho
2007-01-27, 06:11 PM
How great would it be to see Giles from Buffy playing Azriphale?

Gods, yes. That's exactly how I imagine 'Zira.
Crowley would be harder to cast, though. Who looks like a Yuppie to you guys?