PDA

View Full Version : requesting a thug style homebrew please!

blelliot
2014-01-02, 01:11 PM
I am in need of a few classes: one that works as a "thug" type charachter.
Someone rough and tough who can take hits, not have to dodge them (higher than a d6).
Also is good with street knowledge and getting info in more than a few ways (6+int skills).
Also is decent at combat, but not a master (3/4 bab)
And is known for dirty fighting, but not as good as a rogue (limited extra damage source of some type)
Anyone worked on something like this before?

Passive Pete
2014-01-02, 01:16 PM
This sort of thing can easily be accomplished through fighters with a high dexterity modifier, cross-class ranks in knowledge (local), and weapon focus with a club. I'd just make a fighter with an urban build or something, but as always, Base Classes are fun.

blelliot
2014-01-02, 01:20 PM
This sort of thing can easily be accomplished through fighters with a high dexterity modifier, cross-class ranks in knowledge (local), and weapon focus with a club. I'd just make a fighter with an urban build or something, but as always, Base Classes are fun.

I was actually thinking of making a rougue with a d8 hit die and a bonus fighter feat at 3rd, 7th, 11th, 15th, and 19th levels to replace some of the sneak attack, and some intimidate and gather info bonuses. I was just curious if anyone had thought of anything.

Passive Pete
2014-01-02, 01:22 PM
There's a fighter Variant in Unearthed Arcane you could look at. You pretty much get sneak attack instead of fighter feats.

The Mormegil
2014-01-02, 01:23 PM
Fighter with Sneak Attack variant (UA) and ask your DM if you can get 6+Int skill points and a decent skill list. As long as you don't add UMD you won't even break tier 5 anyway...

Chaos_Laicosin
2014-01-02, 03:27 PM
A while back I was working to expand the Fighter feat list. This is one of the feat trees I came up with.

Street Thug (General Feat)
Prerequisites
Toughness, Great Fortitude
Benefit
You gain a natural armour bonus equal to your Con modifier.

Professional Thug (General Feat)
Prerequisites
Street Thug, 4th Level
Benefit
You gain double the hit point benefit from the toughness and improved toughness feats, and you gain 1.5x your constitution modifier at each level. This feat works retroactively.

Street Fighting Technique (General Feat)
Prerequisites
Street Thug
Benefit
Below the Belt – In lieu of damage you may attempt to stun a foe for 1d2 rounds. DC 10 + ˝ character level + Str modifier fortitude save negates the effect.
While They’re Down – You gain +4 damage when attacking enemies that are prone, pinned, or helpless.
Within Reach – You don’t suffer the -4 attack penalty when using improvised weapons and you gain +2 damage with improvised weapons.

Eye-for-an-Eye (General Feat)
Prerequisites
Street Thug, Street fighting technique
Benefit
Whenever an opponent hits you with an attack of opportunity you may immediately strike back with an attack of opportunity, provided the opponent is within your attack range.

Street Boss (General Feat)
Prerequisites
Professional Thug, Street Fighting Technique, 9th Level
Benefit
Your gain a deflection bonus to AC equal to your Cha modifier. Any time you are denied you dex bonus to AC you also lose this bonus. Additionally, your Cha modifier is added to your attacks and you gain +4 on all intimidate checks.