PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday: Eberron-Dreaming Dark

Captnq
2014-01-02, 03:00 PM
So I might have accidentally blown up the dreaming dark. Eh, it happens. As a DM I'm kinda rough on my campaigns.

So the dreaming dark has turned into the dreaming heart. Every Monolith in the world exploded and the entire country of Reidra is now without power. The actual death toll on the ground was minimal.

Question: What happens now?
What happens to inspired in the country? Other nations?
What happens in the streets?
What changes to the government?
Do the people riot in the streets like a post apocalypic hell-scape made flesh?
Do they sort of shrug and keep moving forward?
Rebuild the towers and contact the new happy fuzzy dreaming spirits for guidance?

Thoughts?

Dreadgrim
2014-01-02, 03:15 PM
I guess the answer depends basically on how this big turn happened. Was it a peaceful outcome or the effect of some huge, extraplanar war?

Generally speaking...
Factions in the country arise.

The few people that was aware of the previous situation, and didn't have power to oppose it, tries to rally the crowd and gain power. Now, if this is for creating a democracy, a monarchy or something else, it's up to you.

You said that somebody could try to contact the new Dal Quor but the truth is that only the Inspired were aware of the connection between it and Riedra. So, you may either have rogue Inspired that were'nt influenced by the turn, and are still evil and trying to regain control of the country, or you may have Inspired that keep to obey the orders that emanate from Dal Quor, meaning that they are now good aligned and don't necessarily see a contradiction.

I think the most important thing, however is anther. Dal Quor indirectly shapes the mind of everyone that is capable of dreaming. And, I always intended it as something that gives shape to the world, the embodiement of a Zeitgeist. If it turns good, chances are that Eberron is going to be a much meek and happy place. If you choose to follow this course, chances are that it's time for your PCs to embark into extraplanar/Khyber quests because the Material Plane just got a lot more boring :D

chainer1216
2014-01-02, 04:00 PM
while in the official rule system i don't know what happens to the inspired/kalashtar, but in one of the novels the characters meet a docent thats a dreamspirit from the last age, so possessing spirits might not be assimilated into the dreaming heart and will still be around trying to change things back.

if thats the case, things probably won't change much on land, the nation is made up of slaves to the inspired, who run things very efficiently.

it funny, the inspired would become the new kalashtar, trying to change the age of dreams while in the material plane.

Captnq
2014-01-02, 04:05 PM
Lets say...

A monk punched a Monolith core for 1,600 hp of damage. It exploded. Then Earth Mastery (Transmutation. Not Teleport. And the monoliths are all exposed to bedrock, according to the typical description.) to the next Monolith, over and over until a critical mass was achieved and the link from Eberron to Dal Quor failed and the dreaming dark imploded.

So, One monolith exploded a round until the Dreaming Dark imploded, then every monolith exploded at the same time.

Theoretically.

Captnq
2014-01-02, 04:09 PM
Hrmm...

Any chance all those exploding monoliths might create some manifest zones?
Maybe random manifest zones?
Maybe some random reality storms?
Maybe Living Powers start to ravage the country side? (Sort of like living spells, but psionic)