PDA

View Full Version : How cool is 3 levels of Binder?

GhengisConrad
2014-01-02, 03:21 PM
So, I'm building a melee pounce battlejump natural attack... thing (see link in my sig)... anyway. Its feral. And half-minotaur. So, IIRC, that's like a +6 bonus to my con. Not to mention items and distributed ability scores. Pretty neat.

So, I was thinking, 3 levels of binder, so that I can take DAHLVER-NAR,
THE TORTURED ONE as a binding, add what will essentially be an extra 2 or 3 nat. ac, and then I can channel half my damage up to 30hp into my dire bat or something, pick up an extra 5 hp or something, and just generally enhance the flavor of my build.

Of course, in stead of that, I could just take 3 more levels of almost anything, including a 2nd level of martial monk and 2 fighter levels, which of course would net me 3 fighter feats and an extra bab...

or... I could take almost anything.

Advice or suggestions welcome. Here, or in the post in my sig. Either is happy times.

Naanomi
2014-01-02, 07:45 PM
Any reason that isn't one level of Binder with the Improved Binding feat, if all you are after is Dahlver-Nar?

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-02, 08:09 PM
Have you thought about taking 20 levels of binder? It's such a cool class. If you're already a feral half Minotaur you might as well be a feral half Minotaur plagued by sempiternal spirits from beyond reality.

Edit: ah never mind I just saw your link. You've got a whole thing going on that would really work with 20 levels of binder.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-02, 09:34 PM
Any reason that isn't one level of Binder with the Improved Binding feat, if all you are after is Dahlver-Nar?

Because I am feat starved. Is there a class which gives improved binding as a potential bonus feat? I'll take it.

GreenETC
2014-01-02, 09:39 PM
If you can take Martial Monk, I'm confused as to how feat-starved you can possibly be, considering you can skip to the end of any feat tree you want. Binder 1/Martial Monk 2 would be much better, netting you an extra feat and letting you spend a normal feat on Improved Binding.

GhengisConrad
2014-01-02, 09:43 PM
If you can take Martial Monk, I'm confused as to how feat-starved you can possibly be, considering you can skip to the end of any feat tree you want. Binder 1/Martial Monk 2 would be much better, netting you an extra feat and letting you spend a normal feat on Improved Binding.

sigh. because we play the worst of both worlds RAW RAI b.s.... IOW, Fighter feats isntead of monk feats, means, that, like a fighter, you have to meet the prerequisites, just like a fighter's bonus feats.

At any rate, if you follow the link in my sig, my build, while a melee concept, inconspicuously uses few fighter feats.

Chronos
2014-01-02, 11:04 PM
If you're just looking to turn Con into AC, you can get more of it from Fist of the Forest. Or Deepwarden, but that's dwarf-only (though you could precede it by Stoneblessed).

GhengisConrad
2014-01-02, 11:15 PM
If you're just looking to turn Con into AC, you can get more of it from Fist of the Forest. Or Deepwarden, but that's dwarf-only (though you could precede it by Stoneblessed).

I like it, and flavor wise Fist of the Forest works pretty good.

A N Y kinda way to get around or through great fortitude and power attack?! I don't really need power attack, my BAB is already low enough... :'-(. Although.. I would like my full con to AC.

Share pain is pretty cool too though. With my animal companion, I can pain-share and its practically a pile of free hp.

Deepwarden... all I need is more track... I'm already half-minotaur and that's that... also, of course... 3 levels of Stoneblessed... aint nobody got time for that!

But I am loving this! Anything that doesn't fit into this very build, may fit another!

Chronos
2014-01-02, 11:42 PM
Power Attack can be replaced by Stone Power, if you want to be tanky, but that requires having ToB maneuvers. It also decreases your attack bonus, too, just like regular Power Attack.