PDA

View Full Version : 2man team a challenge

Gokken
2014-01-02, 04:35 PM
Hey guys

its been a long time since I posted in here

its because one of my friends want's to try DM a session but he will onlin use pre-designed adventures, imo they are often good anyway.

But we wanted to do this with a small group so we can play more often than our already big group that plays onces in a while.

Their are 2 problems, we will only be a 2man team

so we would need someone who could, Disarmtraps/openlocks/hide all the skill stuff, doe AOE against those monsters that comes in big packs. Take some blows or distract a monster so the other person can kill it. And heal for surviability and such.

so this is going to be abit harder and you can't just test out a character as you can with a 4-5 man group but thats part of the fun, we are both really experienced with D&D aswell so.

So Multiclassing is going to be the answer I have been thinking about a rogue/wizard with able learner and becoming unseen seer.

Teaming up with somekind of cleric with war-domain, with divine might and a prestige class that makes him more tanky.

also does anyone know any good campaigns for 3,5 that is lvl2+?

sideswipe
2014-01-02, 05:13 PM
use gestalt rules for 2 of you taking on a 4 person intended adventure. you find them in unearthed arcana.
your still only one character but you could be for instance a wizard/rogue. and say its level 10. have all the spell casting of a lvl 10 wizard and all the skills and points of the rogue with sneak attack included.

this has solved problems for under-maned parties in my past. that or give you a couple extra levels.

otherwise i suggest classes like beguiler, or factotum. or prestige classes that give two different types of progression.

Kennisiou
2014-01-02, 05:20 PM
If gestalting isn't available, factotum prestiging into chameleon can do everything you described. They'd be pretty much covering all the utility skill use and spellcasting while not exactly being a slouch in combat. From there you could probably use a gish build of some sort to cover frontlining, damage dealing, and to help with some of the high level utility spells that the chameleon won't have access to.

(Un)Inspired
2014-01-02, 06:43 PM
A single classes wizard can do all the things you described. Have his partner be a single classes druid for carving the tenderloins out of anyone who opposes the two of you.

I seriously doubt the two of you couldn't take on any pre written challenge the DM throws at you.

Eldariel
2014-01-02, 06:51 PM
Cleric with Kobold-domain (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/we/20060420a) (non-Kobolds can pick it up through Planar Touchstone: Catalogues of Enlightenment [Planar Handbook]) can cover traps. Cloistered Cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#clericVariantCloistere dCleric) for extra skillpoints. Search Traps-spell covers you until you can take the feat.

Second character could bring even more meat (DMM Cleric will have no trouble being a frontliner too while casting) in Druid or just go into Wizard. Either works just fine. If Druid, Spell-domain Cleric can cover most of a Wizard's functions though a bit delayed. Might want Travel-domain too.